Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,130 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian (62045 Views)

Caption This Photo Of Buhari, Fashola And Tinubu / Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu / 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Nobody: 6:55pm On Oct 19, 2014
Anything to bring the Northerners back to power, innit undecided

Keep trying OP.

Has anyone wondered why all of a sudden we have so many "Christians" online seeing nothing wrong with Buhari/Fashola combination?

Statements like "i am a christian and all my families are Christians" bla bla bla bla.....

Why not Fashola as the President then a South southern as the vice president?

No, una want Buhari and Fashola...

No matter how hard you guys try Buhari would never rule a united Nigeria again, shikena

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Nobody: 6:57pm On Oct 19, 2014
eliment:
a person of fashola will not encourage sharia no matter what, he is too enlightened to do that

Is Fashola more enlightened than the leaders of the Islamic states or Egyptian brotherhoods

We do not want Muslim/Muslim ticket ooooo, make una nor kill una self put.

By the way why did APC not present Gowon as their candidate since una dey like recycling well well grin

27 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Nobody: 7:01pm On Oct 19, 2014
SLIDEwaxie:
omo alagigi, speak for urself..
I'm a yoruba and a christian, and fashola represents more than a religious idiot like u painted him to be..

In fact, Nigeria will be producing the best shot in a million years with GMB/RBF!!!

When you conveniently leave Niger delta out of your equation make una ready for anything una see ooo angry

Say NO to Buhari.

HE RULED MY FATHER, HE CAN NOT RULE ME!

IF APC CANNOT PRESENT A YOUNGER CANDIDATE THEN FORGET IT.!

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by eightsin(m): 7:42pm On Oct 19, 2014
What of Fashola/buhari ticket? Is there anything wrong with that? Abegi

10 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by sublimes: 8:01pm On Oct 19, 2014
Pls let's allow GEJ have his 2nd term so that peace can reign. God bless Nigeria.

13 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Kinkale(m): 8:12pm On Oct 19, 2014
Laffing in spanish!! Seriously trow the recycled trash away.. Am from the south but won't object to a fashola and any oda southerner or easterner.. Let the north go and die. They have it all yet they are still living in penury and abject poverty. Let buhari take the loan and develop his house rather than take part in politics

16 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Olaolufred(m): 8:32pm On Oct 19, 2014
In the southwest, we've grown above religious differences.
We are wel above ethnics card.
Jonathan- president.
David mark- senate president.
Ike ekwerenmadu- deputy senate president
Aminu tambuwal-speaker HOR.
These are people who are nigerians.
Yoruba will choose what choice is good for them.
Hausa and ibo will do same.
at the end, whosoever have the best or average from all regions carry the day.
Let each region enjoy its freedom of association.
God be with niger-area.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by GODDYGEE91(m): 8:51pm On Oct 19, 2014
Muslim/muslim ticket will spell doom 4 APC. It wud b a regretable mistake dat APC wud eva make. It wud not only afford GEJ d opportunity 2 win d election without campaigning, it wud also bring division and choas in APC. I knw dis is just an insinuation, there canLt do it.

10 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by 1960chic(f): 8:52pm On Oct 19, 2014
emmasege:
I perfectly agree wt fashola as VP but not as him pairing up wt a northern muslim. The last time I checked Nigeria still had 19 northern states. Why is it so difficult to get a northern christian as d flag bearer? Simply because it's not about power returning to f north but to a Muslim.
Save for Gowons era, it's always been a Muslim anytime a northener is in power & a Christian anytime a southerner is in same position. For once, I'd like to see a northern Christian as president and a southern Muslim as VP. Nigeria belongs to all of us!

God bless you for this, i agree with you

The question is, 'Are all northerners muslims'

5 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by PenSniper: 10:45pm On Oct 19, 2014
toludadon:
there are so much hues and cries about the volatility of all muslim ticket in Nigeria, as a yoruba xtian, i am bold to say that majority of my fellow yoruba xtians don't even know Fashola is a muslim. they see him as performance personified hence his being an achiever and intellectual is more pronounced than his religious inclination. the result of my findings and interactions is that SW is a wrong place to play politics of religion bcuz almost all families are evenly distributed along religious lines , hence they see you first as a yoruba man before your religion.
hence a Buhari/Fashola in the SW is seeing as North/Yoruba ticket and it will surely fly.

Your postulation is totally wrong. Your perspective is patently faulty. Am a christian from the SW and i will never vote for such a ticket at all. Fashola is also not performance personified. The problem with those who see him as a performer is that a man who has been destitute of a home for decades would see a man that offers him a narrow kiosk made of polybags as an angel.

40 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by ImpactWorld(m): 11:01pm On Oct 19, 2014
SamIkenna:
Its a shame some folks would rather pretend they were from the moon.

Less divisive people like Chime, Fashola, Duke, Fayemi, Mimiko, Ribadu, Ata, Utomi, Akume, etc - these are people I'll vote for any time. Even Ogbeni, I'm willing to vote for him. Obi recently messed up by joining PDP but still, I'm willing to forgive overlook that. The people I mentioned above - I will vote for before considering Buhari and my reasons are simple:

Buhari is an ethnic champion, a Fulani supremacist, and a sharia monger. Ogbeni, in my consideration, is openly religious but you never hear him talk religion, and for that reason I'm comfortable with him knowing that he considers my interest. But Buhari....what you see is what you get. He may arguably be the most virtuous contestant but in the world we currently live, in this current climate of extreme political Islam, all non-muslims and serious secular minded individuals should be wary of folks who overtly or covertly tilt towards Islamofacism, Islamic domination, or sharia implementation. Its a pity that people who, either because of their peculiar history, have a much favorable disposition to Islam and all its variants have decided to cast aspersions on others who're wary of Buhari, sharia, or Islam in its entirety.

In some of my posts I stated how much I feel for the general. Buhari as a person is perhaps a great individual. However, in Nigeria's political sphere being great or just a nice person or whatever is not enough because our country is a mosaic of diverse and, oftentimes, mortal enemies. For the above reason, any individual seeking for a position at the center must never be seen as belonging to any of the extreme poles. Buhari is seen that way and this is what many of his supporters are not willing to accept. Hating on non-supporters of Buhari or insinuating that non-supporters of the general are thieves who're afraid of him is absurd. Yea, maybe some are - I don't know. But at the same time there're many of us whose parents were receiving birth certificates when Buhari was taking over as military head of state, now tell me -what is it did I steal to be scared of the general?

My candid give-away for Buhari's supporters is the following:
(1) Buhari is highly polarizing (that's a fact not assumption) and as such will be almost impossible to return for the second time as Nigeria's president irrespective of who he picks as VP.
(2) Paring him with another muslim will not only make his chances exponentially impossible, it will quickly disintegrate Nigeria if such combo wins, which I think could win.

Let me expatiate a bit on the following statements - "exponentially impossible," and its seeming contradiction, "which I think could win."

Let's try to be objective for a minute. We know that GEJ's support is strong in SE & SS. Middle Belt and SW have some support for GEJ but it still could go either way especially in SW. So, for that reason let's give GEJ a chunk of Middle Belt and let SW muslims go to Buhari. Now that leaves SW Christians in play. Given this scenario, if Buhari pairs with a South West Muslim its obvious that all of SW, NE, NW, and a good chunk of NC is going his way and this is enough to beat GEJ. But then another headache sets in: will SE & SS, the two predominantly Christian enclaves, watch idly while 'their dark' day unfolds? Folks, your answers are as good as mine - its game over.

Now, this is the "exponential impossibility" I was talking about: you win and lose - simultaneously! This is not USA or Europe. No strong enclave is going to play dead in this century. We see what happened in CAR and many more so its imperative we ponder on the outcome of some choices before thinking we can easily force it down the throat of others.

Buhari is a pill most of us will never in a million years accept. And accompanying the general down our throat paired with another muslim as VP, especially now that we're much more wary and apprehensive of extreme Islam (and for good reasons)? Wow! you've got to be kidding - that's practically saying good-bye to Nigeria as a union.
Great reasoning! One of the best I have read on this forum.
This will be my first comment ever about a muslim/Muslim ticket. And honestly, it is an insult to Nigerian Christians. There can be no excuse for it. In a country of over 170 million people, there are many Christians who are well qualified to be on the ticket.
Just in case the proponents and supporters of this idea do not see how bad it sounds, let me put this in perspective for you all:
Can you imagine for a moment what a christian/Christian ticket will cause in this country?

27 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by eunisam: 12:31am On Oct 20, 2014
My opinion: voting buhari and fashola will amount to automatic islamization of Nigeria which may bring about political and religious unrest. My advice to fashola is failure is contagious,buhari is conceivably a serial loser. Dont start with him!!!

9 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by mandarin: 1:27am On Oct 20, 2014
I do not think APC will ever want to convince Nigerians to vote for such combination after all the labels of pro Islam tag PDP has put on it. Taken that Buhari is popular and fo them to wrestle power from PDP they need his popularity and millions of his foot soldiers, but it will be a death trap to field two Muslims in the coming election. This can sway votes in favor of GEJ and nail APC in the mud.As good as it may seem to the Yoruba to have a Muslim son not minding his religious leaning,it may back fire around middle belt states where Muslim elements are believed to be behind inter ethnic wars.
APC need a strong Christian to deputize Buhari and even occupy prominent seats in their government.
I think such a strong Christian should evn come from the Eastern part f the Yoruba nation who must be able to match the character of Idiagbon and whose mindset is proactive.
Buhari is honest and may likely be among the few incorruptible Nigerians but he needs loads of human resources around him that can help in building an economic team and serve Nigeria well which Buhari may not be able to do all by himself.
The much circulated proposal of RCCG pastor will give much credibility to Buhari candidature but if such were to come from say Ekiti or Ondo state, it will be a super winning formula in winning other elections in those states.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Safari29: 2:00am On Oct 20, 2014
SamIkenna:
Its a shame some folks would rather pretend they were from the moon.

Less divisive people like Chime, Fashola, Duke, Fayemi, Mimiko, Ribadu, Ata, Utomi, Akume, etc - these are people I'll vote for any time. Even Ogbeni, I'm willing to vote for him. Obi recently messed up by joining PDP but still, I'm willing to forgive overlook that. The people I mentioned above - I will vote for before considering Buhari and my reasons are simple:

Buhari is an ethnic champion, a Fulani supremacist, and a sharia monger. Ogbeni, in my consideration, is openly religious but you never hear him talk religion, and for that reason I'm comfortable with him knowing that he considers my interest. But Buhari....what you see is what you get. He may arguably be the most virtuous contestant but in the world we currently live, in this current climate of extreme political Islam, all non-muslims and serious secular minded individuals should be wary of folks who overtly or covertly tilt towards Islamofacism, Islamic domination, or sharia implementation. Its a pity that people who, either because of their peculiar history, have a much favorable disposition to Islam and all its variants have decided to cast aspersions on others who're wary of Buhari, sharia, or Islam in its entirety.

In some of my posts I stated how much I feel for the general. Buhari as a person is perhaps a great individual. However, in Nigeria's political sphere being great or just a nice person or whatever is not enough because our country is a mosaic of diverse and, oftentimes, mortal enemies. For the above reason, any individual seeking for a position at the center must never be seen as belonging to any of the extreme poles. Buhari is seen that way and this is what many of his supporters are not willing to accept. Hating on non-supporters of Buhari or insinuating that non-supporters of the general are thieves who're afraid of him is absurd. Yea, maybe some are - I don't know. But at the same time there're many of us whose parents were receiving birth certificates when Buhari was taking over as military head of state, now tell me -what is it did I steal to be scared of the general?

My candid give-away for Buhari's supporters is the following:
(1) Buhari is highly polarizing (that's a fact not assumption) and as such will be almost impossible to return for the second time as Nigeria's president irrespective of who he picks as VP.
(2) Paring him with another muslim will not only make his chances exponentially impossible, it will quickly disintegrate Nigeria if such combo wins, which I think could win.

Let me expatiate a bit on the following statements - "exponentially impossible," and its seeming contradiction, "which I think could win."

Let's try to be objective for a minute. We know that GEJ's support is strong in SE & SS. Middle Belt and SW have some support for GEJ but it still could go either way especially in SW. So, for that reason let's give GEJ a chunk of Middle Belt and let SW muslims go to Buhari. Now that leaves SW Christians in play. Given this scenario, if Buhari pairs with a South West Muslim its obvious that all of SW, NE, NW, and a good chunk of NC is going his way and this is enough to beat GEJ. But then another headache sets in: will SE & SS, the two predominantly Christian enclaves, watch idly while 'their dark' day unfolds? Folks, your answers are as good as mine - its game over.

Now, this is the "exponential impossibility" I was talking about: you win and lose - simultaneously! This is not USA or Europe. No strong enclave is going to play dead in this century. We see what happened in CAR and many more so its imperative we ponder on the outcome of some choices before thinking we can easily force it down the throat of others.

Buhari is a pill most of us will never in a million years accept. And accompanying the general down our throat paired with another muslim as VP, especially now that we're much more wary and apprehensive of extreme Islam (and for good reasons)? Wow! you've got to be kidding - that's practically saying good-bye to Nigeria as a union.

bulllshyt

7 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by loco4love: 2:10am On Oct 20, 2014
Just look at Yoruba politics. How many Christians have become governors in Yoruba states since 1998? Compare that to the number of muslims that have become governors.

Yorubaland is at least 60% Christian. Why are Christians not voting Christians into office? Have they being told to back down. Muslims seem to love the political power than the Christians.

Fashola is a bad leader. This is the same man who wanted to tax church donations but was stopped from carrying out the dastardly act.

Christians now feel inferior to muslims when they see muslims controlling things. Christians if you want to see Christian governors and officials in power vote for Christian candidates and don't vote for muslims.

13 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Ediskcab(m): 2:16am On Oct 20, 2014
iconize:
In a nation of almost "100million" youths, a malnourished old cargo is found worthy to lead.

Moronic nation, Moronic peeps!

[b]If you call Buhari an old cargo,[b]
can u muster 500 votes from your village or locality?
I have seen more people change thier perception in favour of Buhari but I'm yet to see otherwise. You guys are loosing the battle by the minute [/b][/b]

6 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Safari29: 2:18am On Oct 20, 2014
loco4love:
Just look at Yoruba politics. How many Christians have become governors in Yoruba states since 1998? Compare that to the number of muslims that have become governors.

Yorubaland is at least 60% Christian. Why are Christians not voting Christians into office? Have they being told to back down. Muslims seem to love the political power than the Christians.

Fashola is a bad leader. This is the same man who wanted to tax church donations but was stopped from carrying out the dastardly act.

Christians now feel inferior to muslims when they see muslims controlling things. Christians if you want to see Christian governors and officials in power vote for Christian candidates and don't vote for muslims.

wtf is yoruba muslim yoruba Christian? ??

an average Yoruba families are having the three religions I.e. Christian muslim and the traditionalist. so if am a muslim and my bro a christian is contesting for a post shouldn't have my support and vice versa?

bottom line is u can never divide yoruba people with religion. is like saying I should disown my brother or sisters

we don't have separate communities for muslim or christian

18 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by nigerianvenom(m): 4:39am On Oct 20, 2014
barcanista:
Very funny. You Sir will make a good comedian
A pot refering to a cattle as black.
What an odd world!

5 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by searchcorp(m): 4:54am On Oct 20, 2014
I am an igbo boy. I will happily vote in Buhari and Fashola. Let the best men win!

8 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by AWONEYAN(m): 5:07am On Oct 20, 2014
In as much as I like GMB's disposition towards corruption(the bane of Nig. Economy) and Fashola as a performer... Muslim\Musilim ticket will only spoil his chances.
Before now, APC has been labeled as a muslim party. Religion is a very volatile issue to nigerians so APC shouldn't even try to comprise on that ground.
It must be a christian VP, I have 2 or 3 suggestion for themn if they can convince them for a better Nigeria.

1. OBY EZEKWEZELE
2. Bath Nnaji
3.Okorocha or Amechi( but Amechi talkd too much, he has more enemies and politics is a game of numbers)
4. Pastor Tunde Bakare (Nigerians now understand clearly dt dis man has integrity after d last Nat confab
5.NOI

2 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by gists: 5:25am On Oct 20, 2014
loco4love:

fo0l!
Your religious politics is dead on arrival in SW and will most certainly work against you.
Since you know so much about politics of religion in SW can you pls tell us when was the last time a muslim governed Ogun, Ondo, Ekiti and Osun (before Aregbesola's proved that religion is not relevant in SW politics by winning a christian opposition in a predominantly christian state). People in SW don't even realize that these states have been predominantly governed by christians for decades because it doesn't matter to us. All we want is capable and performing leaders. That is why SW remains the only zone no party (except APC recently) can say it has it locked down. We sweep out mediocre govs at the earliest democratic chance. A typical example is the case of Oyo that has never returned a siting gov IRRESPECTIVE OF RELIGION.
BTW on a side note to those spreading the Pastor Bosun's message of Islamisation, Tinubu and Fashola are both muslims and both are married to practising christians. In fact Tinubu's wife was a close friend to Late Pastor Bimbo of blessed memory. Have you ever heard the wives were forcefully converted to islam? The truth is Islamisation will not happen in Nigeria, at least Not in South Wesst.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by GentleSly7: 6:12am On Oct 20, 2014
Wise saying dude,buhari/fashola's victory is practically saying Goodbye tu our dear country

2 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by coolscott(m): 6:20am On Oct 20, 2014
[size=13pt]I am a southerner and a christian. We have long held the belief that it does not matter the ethnic group or religion of the aspirant, as long as he is competent to do the job.

But the manner in which the north conducted themselves from the time Y'ar Adua passed on has been shocking and disappointing. I now clearly identify a less refined (and divisive) sect of northern politicians, a group people like Sanusi seemed to seamlessly align themselves into without any formal meetings, due to the kind of people they are naturally and also a group Buhari most definitely falls into, on the extreme end

In the light of all that has transpired from that time till now, it becomes extremely difficult (more like impossible) for me to vote for a man like Buhari, and honestly, while I am a PDP supporter, I am a fan of Fashiola. But his alignment with a person like Buhari will cause me to think that he perhaps has a few things in common with Buhari. In my view, it casts a slight taint on the person of gov Fashiola.

Finally, it does not matter if combined, they will do well. The truth is that considering the current state of extremist islamism at home and abroad, no one wants to encourage any kind of fanatism amongst local or international muslims concerning Nigeria. We know that these people do not think well. A double muslim leadership will inspire new thoughts in their minds and provide fuel for the distorted quest these extremists have, a quest they make no pretense about.[/size]

~ South-South Voice

24 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by abu12: 6:36am On Oct 20, 2014
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by abu12: 6:37am On Oct 20, 2014
Mogidi:
Christians in the SW may have been trampled upon but Christians in the North Central SS/SE have not been subjugated as the ones in the SW.
A Buhari/Fashola is a hint the SW and the North wants full sharia. We will not be part of it.

Chino u lied, north central state Christian don't bother about religion. Most of the family in north central states are mixed family, like SW. we are not religious bigot like SE

4 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by deor03(m): 6:39am On Oct 20, 2014
Is Atiku not in this race ?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Omimah: 6:48am On Oct 20, 2014
Mogidi:
Christians in the SW may have been trampled upon but Christians in the North Central SS/SE have not been subjugated as the ones in the SW.
A Buhari/Fashola is a hint the SW and the North wants full sharia. We will not be part of it.
The only geo-political zone that is hell-bent religious intolerant is the SE. Edo and Delta states are to some extent religious tolerant. In Edo north, for obvious reason(s) a place like Auchi will vote for APC.
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Daguccizgreat(m): 6:55am On Oct 20, 2014
That is what u feel bt I tell u that with Buhari as president, fashola can not stop him frm islamizing Nigeria. SAY NO TO Muslim/ Muslim ticket.
eliment:
a person of fashola will not encourage sharia no matter what, he is too enlightened to do that

1 Like

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by arsetalks(m): 7:04am On Oct 20, 2014
Mogidi:

I don't think folks in SS/SE will even contemplate having two muslim rulers. Why not two Christian rulers and then watch as dozen new boko haram movements spring up. The Northern/Muslim hegemony has been broken and long may it remain so.
I don't think APC is even bothering with the SS/SE. We all know GEJ will clear the votes in those areas. APC only needs SW, the core north and some of the North east/north central.

And if you think the Christians in the north will vote GEJ en mass then you are on a long thing. A good number of people in that zone have it in for GEJ. They believe his administration has a hand in boko haram or is deliberately not doing something to end the killing.

Buhari/Fashola ticket is a masterstroke that PDP seriously need to worry about.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by omenka(m): 7:05am On Oct 20, 2014
eliment:
A Fashola who banned the wearing of Hijab in public schools.... Please ignore the useless swine. They aren't worth a micro-second of your time. Let them keep all that Jonathan's scaremongering in the SE. The people of SW are damn too educated for all that nonesense. Fashola and Buhari can both be Buddhist Monks for all most of us care, as long as they can get the job done, we got no problem with what else ever.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Omimah: 7:17am On Oct 20, 2014
calebo101:
Anything to bring the Northerners back to power, innit undecided

Keep trying OP.

Has anyone wondered why all of a sudden we have so many "Christians" online seeing nothing wrong with Buhari/Fashola combination?

Statements like "i am a christian and all my families are Christians" bla bla bla bla.....

Why not Fashola as the President then a South southern as the vice president?

No, una want Buhari and Fashola...

No matter how hard you guys try Buhari would never rule a united Nigeria again, shikena

If you care to listen, Yoruba are religious tolerant. It is only among Yoruba you see members of a family living under the same roof that belong to different religions. Even the christians among them attend different denominations.
Re: Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian by Nobody: 7:24am On Oct 20, 2014
Omimah:

The only geo-political zone that is hell-bent religious intolerant is the SE. Edo and Delta states are to some extent religious tolerant. In Edo north, for obvious reason(s) a place like Auchi will vote for APC.
Please define religious intolerance, did wee not vote Abiola/Kingibe ticket? Have you ever heard of any religious crisis in the South east. The fact is that so much has happened to South Easterners in recent years in d name of religion that we can't afford to just fold our hands, wether we like it or not, religion is a serious political tool in dis country and every party must recognise that, in as much as I don't want us to mix religion and politics yet I can't just wish it away because it is deep rooted in this country. The most religious intolerant region in this country is the North. At every slight provocation they kill and maim our people yet you folks want to force down a muslim/muslim ticket down our throat, my brother if u re in my shoes you won't accept it. Lets call a spade a spade.

20 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Muhammad Halliru: Aisha Yesufu's Brother (Photos) / Photos From Clash Between Shi'ites And Security Officers Today In Abuja / Why Does Ogbonnaya Onu Wear The Same Attire To Public Events?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.