Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,819,999 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

The True Person Of the Next VP: Gov Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The True Person Of the Next VP: Gov Fashola (1733 Views)

Gov Fashola Meets Mbu, Assistant Inspector General Of Police(Photo) / Gov.Fashola And Ambode Dancing Dorobucci(Photo) / Picture Of Gov. Fashola Kissing His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The True Person Of the Next VP: Gov Fashola by ratiken(m): 5:04pm On Oct 19, 2014
Disclaimer: All opinions are mine

With the recent holier than thou attitude being put forward by Gov Fashola, It has become pertinent that we remind ourselves what manner of man he has been in the past 7.5 years.

1. It is on record that Tinubu is one of the most corrupt individual this country ever produced who went on an accumulation spree of every viable state asset. However, I wonder how a 'non corrupt' Fashola can seamlessly work with an extremely corrupt Tinubu for 8yrs without friction while they both accumulate all state assets to their personal names. Two cannot work together except they agree. It seems Tinubu accumulated more state resources under Fashola's tenure than his own tenure. One can categorically conclude that Fashola is either more corrupt than Tinubu or just a plain dummy/ foot soilder

2. There is still no justification to installing toll plazas on existing roads. The Lekki- Epe expressway that serves the fastest developing area of lagos state should have received fair and untolled attention but out of the dirtiness of heart of the corrupt duo of Fashola/ Tinubu.... it was tolled to their own company. When the masses trooped out to protest against it, Fashola's touts were unleashed on them even to the extent of death of a protester. If every state governor tolls roads which is a basic necessity like Fashola did..... ours would have been a mortgaged country

3. Till date, Fashola have refused to open up the state books to the public consistent with the Freedom of information bill adopted at the federal level. He has consistently and categorically refused to be accountable. For the records, LASG with monthly IGR and allocation of 29B and 19B respectively have managed approximately 4.5trillion in 7.5yrs. Unaccountability is the hallmark of irresponsible leadership.

4. How on earth can a sane governor deport non-indigenes within same country at the wee hours of the morning and dump them under a bridge. Every Nigerian indigene has the right to live in an part of the geographical location called Nigeria without a visa. It is also on record that this inhumane act have been carried out by just on governor in our history. .. which is Fashola. This act currently ranks as the highest breach of human rights in Nigeria.

5. Fashola adamantly approved a 1000% increase in the school fees rates for LASU students without any corresponding increase in wage rates. It took wide spread protest and unending strikes that forced the govt to its knee. This is the record increase of school fees in Nigeria and ranks the height of insensitivity

6. Lagos roads are repaired at 2billion/ km by the crony companies of Fashola/ Tinubu. Better roads are built allover the country at lesser rates. Height of lootocracy

The ease at which he criticizes the central govt without acknowledging any single achievement by same govt makes him a mere opposition figure who stands for nothing but mere propaganda.

Now I ask..... What are the highlights of Fashola's govt?
Lagos was a federal capital and Tinubu's govt was the height of hopelessness and such any any road repaired receives lots of hype. What key achievement would Fashola be remembered for?

5 Likes

Re: The True Person Of the Next VP: Gov Fashola by Nobody: 5:13pm On Oct 19, 2014
Dem don come again o! They have shifted their bashing from Buhari to Fashola all because he's the possible VP candidate of Buhari. All these PDP wan get high blood pressure for APC matter sha!

Ndi iro!

13 Likes

Re: The True Person Of the Next VP: Gov Fashola by Nobody: 5:19pm On Oct 19, 2014
It is on record that Tinubu is one of the most corrupt individual this country ever produced who went on an accumulation spree of every viable state asset. However, I wonder how a 'non corrupt' Fashola can seamlessly work with an extremely corrupt Tinubu for 8yrs without friction while they both accumulate all state assets to their personal names. Two cannot work together except they agree. It seems Tinubu accumulated more state resources under Fashola's tenure than his own tenure. One can categorically conclude that Fashola is either more corrupt than Tinubu or just a plain dummy/ foot soilder

Why can't the federal government prosecute Tinubu?
Bola Tinubu has said that the statement by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) that he is being investigated as a political blackmail and has asked the EFCC to prosecute him if it has proven nay cases against him.

Bola Tinubu said: “I’m not interested in what they are saying, but you cannot perpetually hang the hammer of investigation over my head. It’s not fair. It all started from (Nuhu) Ribadu era, from the year 2002 when they attempted to stop me from re-contesting for a second term.

“They didn’t succeed. Then, in the following years, they have been talking of Bola Tinubu being under investigation. Each time I aggressively pursue a goal that is anti-establishment position, you find an act of investigation by EFCC or the authority hanging over my head. That continued from 2002 up to year 2007.

They used immunity excuse and made all sorts of allegations which I challenged. Ribadu’s cliché to the media is international dimension. What is international dimension was not stated there. I went to EFCC. There was no immunity any longer. I provided answers to the questions.

What is very annoying is that if they have evidence to prosecute me, this is an era of rule of law, just go to court and prosecute me. Don’t hang the hammer of investigation perpetually on my head. If you have concrete facts, let’s go to court. Let me move on with my life

“I have families. I have friends. I have business associates and my right to personal liberty is guaranteed under the constitution. As a result of this blackmail method of one being investigated, my family, my children, a lot of people have been calling me since yesterday. I have never done anything to stop them from investigating me. I have never disturbed their investigation.

“We‘ve seen several cases of even political murders where they said there was no need for further investigation, so many of those cases. Now, how long will you take and when will I be able to have my right back? Because two years after I left office, if you have not come up with concrete evidence that will let you prosecute me, please, keep quiet and let me move on with my life.

“This idea of announcing Bola Tinubu is under investigation; Tinubu is under investigation, is political blackmail as far as I am concerned. And I hope that Mrs. Waziri will not step on a wrong direction. I’m not going to be intimidated. It’s all about activism and even support that will bring about free and fair election; that will bring about justice in Ekiti and any part of the country. No matter what happens, I will not be intimidated.”
http://ngex.com/news/public/newsinfo.php?nid=8211

2 Likes

Re: The True Person Of the Next VP: Gov Fashola by 1stola: 5:20pm On Oct 19, 2014
OK.
Check this out.
List of presidential candidates you don't know.
https://www.nairaland.com/1956495/list-presidential-candidates-2015
Re: The True Person Of the Next VP: Gov Fashola by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 19, 2014
Tinubu is a "rogue", a "thief", a "corrupt" politician who is working against the ruling PDP, but somehow the PDP is afraid to prosecute him.

We know those who pardoned convicted criminals and rehabilitated political reprobates.

8 Likes

Re: The True Person Of the Next VP: Gov Fashola by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 19, 2014
1. The Court cleared Tinubu of all corrupt allegations brought before it by the EFCC. If you have further evidence that Mr. Tinubu is corrupt please forward it to EFCC, ICPC or SFU of the Police Force.

2. Simply a rant from a politically confused man which you are. I may have my objections concerning the Lekki Conscension Company but I still haven't see how it transgress the law of Lagos or the Federal Republic.

3. Honestly, I want the FOI to be passed in Lagos State, but that is the job of the Parliament. I have criticised Mr. Fashola on that but it doesn't translate to corruption, except you have your own definition. And Fashola can't be mandated to open the books when the law leaves it at his prerogative. But whatever information you need to know, I am sure the State Government will help you.

4. Raaaaaaant of a confused man.

5. I still don't understand what your problem is

6. What exactly is your problem?

PS: you are being mischievous and your attempt is dead on arrival.

8 Likes

Re: The True Person Of the Next VP: Gov Fashola by 2cato: 5:31pm On Oct 19, 2014
Fashola if spelt properly you will get fashole

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The True Person Of the Next VP: Gov Fashola by Nobody: 5:31pm On Oct 19, 2014
The campaign against buhari didn't hold sway, now they are after his likely VP.

2 Likes

Re: The True Person Of the Next VP: Gov Fashola by davitogreat(m): 5:32pm On Oct 19, 2014
The fact that NO SINGLE STATE in nigeria has signed the freedom of information bill into law is a great travesty.
At least with the freedom of information bill at the federal level we have insights into the expenses by the federal governments. It is the reason Nigerians are now talking about corruption more than ever.

The day all 36 states sign the freedom of information bill and open their books to the public is when Nigerians will begin to feel the benefits of democracy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The True Person Of the Next VP: Gov Fashola by Nobody: 5:36pm On Oct 19, 2014
davitogreat:
The fact that NO SINGLE STATE in nigeria has signed the freedom of information bill into law is a great travesty.
At least with the freedom of information bill at the federal level we have insights into the expenses by the federal governments. It is the reason Nigerians are now talking about corruption more than ever.

The day all 36 states sign the freedom of information bill and open their books to the public is when Nigerians will begin to feel the benefits of democracy.

Did you pull that "fact" from thin air?

http://www.freedominfo.org/2011/07/nigerian-state-of-ekiti-approves-foi-law/
Re: The True Person Of the Next VP: Gov Fashola by justhelp(m): 5:36pm On Oct 19, 2014
the Op is one of the jobless, useless and senseless Bad market (GEJ) advertiser, but since they dont know how to convince people to buy Bad, spoil and corrupt product (GEJ) they begin to fear products of their opponent. op try harder next time.

2 Likes

Re: The True Person Of the Next VP: Gov Fashola by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 19, 2014
davitogreat:

FOI is not a yardstick for transparency, its just one of the means to find out what goes on in government. Kano State for instance is practising 100% transparent government FOI or no FOI, same with Katsina(since the days of Yar Adua)
Re: The True Person Of the Next VP: Gov Fashola by walemoney007(m): 5:41pm On Oct 19, 2014
2cato:
Fashola if spelt properly you will get fashole
so whats d meanin of fashole in yoruba
Re: The True Person Of the Next VP: Gov Fashola by davitogreat(m): 5:41pm On Oct 19, 2014
ProfCorruption:

Did you pull that "fact" from thin air?

http://www.freedominfo.org/2011/07/nigerian-state-of-ekiti-approves-foi-law/

Fine. I have been corrected.

But that is just one out of 36 states
Re: The True Person Of the Next VP: Gov Fashola by A7(m): 5:45pm On Oct 19, 2014
If Dumbo's Dad was set to run as Apc's flagbearer, Dumbo together with his hordes of stooges will not mind cursing and defaming him.
Re: The True Person Of the Next VP: Gov Fashola by Thayorr(m): 5:47pm On Oct 19, 2014
GMB2015
Re: The True Person Of the Next VP: Gov Fashola by davitogreat(m): 5:49pm On Oct 19, 2014
barcanista:
FOI is not a yardstick for transparency, its just one of the means to find out what goes on in government. Kano State for instance is practising 100% transparent government FOI or no FOI, same with Katsina(since the days of Yar Adua)

How do you know both states governments are 100% transparent?
Re: The True Person Of the Next VP: Gov Fashola by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 19, 2014
davitogreat:

How do you know both states governments are 100% transparent?

have you discovered any misleading information from them through any verifiable source?
Re: The True Person Of the Next VP: Gov Fashola by Remarkable: 6:20pm On Oct 19, 2014
Nirinda is a beautiful girl from India!

Today is sunday
Nirinda, will you be my girlfriend?
"
ratiken:
Disclaimer: All opinions are mine

With the recent holier than thou attitude being put forward by Gov Fashola, It has become pertinent that we remind ourselves what manner of man he has been in the past 7.5 years.

1. It is on record that Tinubu is one of the most corrupt individual this country ever produced who went on an accumulation spree of every viable state asset. However, I wonder how a 'non corrupt' Fashola can seamlessly work with an extremely corrupt Tinubu for 8yrs without friction while they both accumulate all state assets to their personal names. Two cannot work together except they agree. It seems Tinubu accumulated more state resources under Fashola's tenure than his own tenure. One can categorically conclude that Fashola is either more corrupt than Tinubu or just a plain dummy/ foot soilder

2. There is still no justification to installing toll plazas on existing roads. The Lekki- Epe expressway that serves the fastest developing area of lagos state should have received fair and untolled attention but out of the dirtiness of heart of the corrupt duo of Fashola/ Tinubu.... it was tolled to their own company. When the masses trooped out to protest against it, Fashola's touts were unleashed on them even to the extent of death of a protester. If every state governor tolls roads which is a basic necessity like Fashola did..... ours would have been a mortgaged country

3. Till date, Fashola have refused to open up the state books to the public consistent with the Freedom of information bill adopted at the federal level. He has consistently and categorically refused to be accountable. For the records, LASG with monthly IGR and allocation of 29B and 19B respectively have managed approximately 4.5trillion in 7.5yrs. Unaccountability is the hallmark of irresponsible leadership.

4. How on earth can a sane governor deport non-indigenes within same country at the wee hours of the morning and dump them under a bridge. Every Nigerian indigene has the right to live in an part of the geographical location called Nigeria without a visa. It is also on record that this inhumane act have been carried out by just on governor in our history. .. which is Fashola. This act currently ranks as the highest breach of human rights in Nigeria.

5. Fashola adamantly approved a 1000% increase in the school fees rates for LASU students without any corresponding increase in wage rates. It took wide spread protest and unending strikes that forced the govt to its knee. This is the record increase of school fees in Nigeria and ranks the height of insensitivity

6. Lagos roads are repaired at 2billion/ km by the crony companies of Fashola/ Tinubu. Better roads are built allover the country at lesser rates. Height of lootocracy

The ease at which he criticizes the central govt without acknowledging any single achievement by same govt makes him a mere opposition figure who stands for nothing but mere propaganda.

Now I ask..... What are the highlights of Fashola's govt?
Lagos was a federal capital and Tinubu's govt was the height of hopelessness and such any any road repaired receives lots of hype. What key achievement would Fashola be remembered for?
Re: The True Person Of the Next VP: Gov Fashola by talktimi(m): 6:47pm On Oct 19, 2014
ProfCorruption:
Tinubu is a "rogue", a "thief", a "corrupt" politician who is working against the ruling PDP, but somehow the PDP is afraid to prosecute him.

We know those who pardoned convicted criminals and rehabilitated political reprobates.

Tinubu and Gej had a gentleman's agreement prior to the 2011 elections which culminated in the betrayal of Nuhu Ribadu at the polls by Tinubu in exchange for dropping of corruption charges. Till today, his nocturnal journey to aso rock to cut the deal is still legendary grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The True Person Of the Next VP: Gov Fashola by ratiken(m): 7:06pm On Oct 19, 2014
And none of the APC e-soilders have been able to deny any of these obvious facts.

2 Likes

Re: The True Person Of the Next VP: Gov Fashola by arresa: 8:08pm On Oct 19, 2014
One can categorically conclude that Fashola is either more corrupt than Tinubu or just a plain dummy/ foot soilder

When Alams was looting Bayelsa dry, Jonadumbo was the deputy governor and he either looted with his boss or just a plain dummy/ foot solider.

And to highlight your idiocy and cluelessness, Jonadaumb's looting and stealing women rapa wearing boss was arrested and jailed, he's an ex convict and a still wanted international fugitive.

Even your crooked, corrupt, convict pardoning and incompetent Jonadumb wont declare his assets for obvious jaguda reasons.

You are of course free to bother us with your idiocy when you arrest, prosecute and jail Tinubu for any wrong doing......Oh I forgot, your Jonadumb did that already and his dumb tribunal case against Tinubu was thrown out of court... sucks to be your ignorant illiterates for sure..

2 Likes

Re: The True Person Of the Next VP: Gov Fashola by ratiken(m): 9:49pm On Oct 19, 2014
arresa:

When Alams was looting Bayelsa dry, Jonadumbo was the deputy governor and he either looted with his boss or just a plain dummy/ foot solider.

And to highlight your idiocy and cluelessness, Jonadaumb's looting and stealing women rapa wearing boss was arrested and jailed, he's an ex convict and a still wanted international fugitive.

Even your crooked, corrupt, convict pardoning and incompetent Jonadumb wont declare his assets for obvious jaguda reasons.

You are of course free to bother us with your idiocy when you arrest, prosecute and jail Tinubu for any wrong doing......Oh I forgot, your Jonadumb did that already and his dumb tribunal case against Tinubu was thrown out of court... sucks to be your ignorant illiterates for sure..

I hear you sir. Is that Fashola described in the opening post? If yes.... just SHUT UP.
What is Fashola's selling point? That is the question.

3 Likes

Re: The True Person Of the Next VP: Gov Fashola by Nobody: 10:03pm On Oct 19, 2014
APC the only party where people are considered for the office of VP when a Presidential candidate has not even been nominated.

If you dig deep into the root cause of this backward nomination all you see are

Tribalistic considerations
Sectional calculations
Retrogressive machinations
Doing the same things and expecting a different result! And yet they are supposed to be the progressive party for change!

Very terrible!

1 Like

Re: The True Person Of the Next VP: Gov Fashola by omenka(m): 10:08pm On Oct 19, 2014
ProfCorruption:

Re: The True Person Of the Next VP: Gov Fashola by SLIDEwaxie(m): 11:22pm On Oct 19, 2014
If one has to go by the igbo logic, then

1. Ojukwu is a hero for fleeing the war..

2. Stella Odua is a saint

3. Kalu orji didn't steal..

4. Dora and soludo are very corrupt

The point is, in ur land, in igbo land, the people with good intentions are beaten down and their political career destroyed ( doar and soludo)..intelligence to you is as useless as paper if one can't give you N200 each to hit the streets and protest in any way the payer wanted!

U are shameless and without honour in that ur land..

U celebrate the corrupt ones so far he can give u some cash..

See, in yorubaland, we only biliv in lesser devil..no one is a saint..
As long as fashola is never a saint, and we admit that, he of intelligent and a performer...

No amount of rubbish u relate will rubbish that man and his legacy in Yorubaland..

We are not like u..
Whether u like it or not!

Face ur tribe and destroy ur future and ur own people for the love of a party!

We dnt vote for party here, we vote for what we biliv in..

Fashola is a legend, he is not a saint, but he is a legend!

The reason u had to support another candidacy is just because u have no credible candidate! The good ones have been destroyed, only the bad ones with bad reputation survives in ur own part of life!

Continue!

5 Likes

Re: The True Person Of the Next VP: Gov Fashola by arresa: 11:45pm On Oct 19, 2014
[s]
ratiken:

I hear you sir. Is that Fashola described in the opening post? If yes.... just SHUT UP.
What is Fashola's selling point? That is the question.
[/s]

Dumb illiterate... I just wonder why you clowns keep thinking your idiocy and stupidity is the latest fashion in town.

Ode, you have both names in your moronic rant and till this very second, the only publicly ridiculed, arrested and jailed governor was jonadumb's boss who looted the state dry while jonadumb either took his own cut or just look the other way like a dumbo that he really is..

Your crooked and corrupt jonadumb took Tinubu to court for some bogus nonsense about assets declaration and bank accounts belonging to his family members with nothing in the accounts, but the hypocritical and corrupt dumbo himself refused to declare his own assets, so who is the ole barawo? What is he hiding?

Lagos state commissions projects all over the place left and right, but your jonadumb as a governor just like tinubu and fashola did not build one single classroom, his oga too didn't join 2 blocks together with all the taxes, allocations and derivations they collected and looted...

You mentally crooked and corrupt clowns really need to STFU sometimes...

1 Like

Re: The True Person Of the Next VP: Gov Fashola by Stantiques: 11:50pm On Oct 19, 2014
SLIDEwaxie:
If one has to go by the igbo logic, then

1. Ojukwu is a hero for fleeing the war..

2. Stella Odua is a saint

3. Kalu orji didn't steal..

4. Dora and soludo are very corrupt

The point is, in ur land, in igbo land, the people with good intentions are beaten down and their political career destroyed ( doar and soludo)..intelligence to you is as useless as paper if one can't give you N200 each to hit the streets and protest in any way the payer wanted!

U are shameless and without honour in that ur land..

U celebrate the corrupt ones so far he can give u some cash..

See, in yorubaland, we only biliv in lesser devil..no one is a saint..
As long as fashola is never a saint, and we admit that, he of intelligent and a performer...

No amount of rubbish u relate will rubbish that man and his legacy in Yorubaland..

We are not like u..
Whether u like it or not!

Face ur tribe and destroy ur future and ur own people for the love of a party!

We dnt vote for party here, we vote for what we biliv in..

Fashola is a legend, he is not a saint, but he is a legend!

The reason u had to support another candidacy is just because u have no credible candidate! The good ones have been destroyed, only the bad ones with bad reputation survives in ur own part of life!

Continue!
olboy ur daft..u knw just get sense.
mumu..

3 Likes

Re: The True Person Of the Next VP: Gov Fashola by arresa: 11:54pm On Oct 19, 2014

Taxes, huge allocations and derivations = The above and Alams and Jonadumbs Bayelsa legacy...

smh...

2 Likes

Re: The True Person Of the Next VP: Gov Fashola by talktimi(m): 11:56pm On Oct 19, 2014
Op why did you describe Fashola as the next VP when he hasn't even been selected by his party (though they've been flying the kite to test his popularity) ?
Re: The True Person Of the Next VP: Gov Fashola by ratiken(m): 7:10am On Oct 20, 2014
talktimi:
Op why did you describe Fashola as the next VP when he hasn't even been selected by his party (though they've been flying the kite to test his popularity) ?

Because the APC e-maggots have been touting a propagandist and human rights abuser in the name of fashola as their next VP. I had to use the right title to attract them to see that we remeber that Fashola is a cunny criminal.

1 Like

Re: The True Person Of the Next VP: Gov Fashola by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:17am On Oct 20, 2014
Stantiques:

olboy ur daft..u knw just get sense.
mumu..
truth hurts abi?
Go find a lagoon and dive into it..

(1) (Reply)

APC Applauds Ohanaeze: Reject Goodluck Jonathan; Stay Neutral / Is It Part Of Campaign To Showcase Buhari's Daughter? / GEJ Fans Are The Most Useless Set Of Nigerians!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.