Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,101 members, 7,811,097 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:19 PM

Texas College Rejects Nigerian Applicant Over Ebola - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Texas College Rejects Nigerian Applicant Over Ebola (31951 Views)

Lagos Rejects Ebola Trial Drug, Nano Silver / Ebola Latest: US Rejects Nigeria’s Request For Trial Drug / Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Texas College Rejects Nigerian Applicant Over Ebola by Nobody: 8:46am On Oct 20, 2014
Let Nigerian schools also reject applications from US citizens. Shikena. cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Texas College Rejects Nigerian Applicant Over Ebola by ugwum007(m): 8:56am On Oct 20, 2014
whoever posted dis should stop, that letter is not real...stop cooking up stories. what u used as joke today may be ur undoing tomorrow.
Re: Texas College Rejects Nigerian Applicant Over Ebola by frankezi: 10:41am On Oct 20, 2014
:PIn a twisted way I kind of like the development. Let all the so called big men's kids get rejected and let's hope they will use this medium to upgrade our own school so their kids will stay here. Ntooorrrrrr!
Re: Texas College Rejects Nigerian Applicant Over Ebola by lockupman(m): 11:51am On Oct 20, 2014
How can they come home to a sorry state of education? Your (our) Nigerian education is nothing to write home about. If you had said they should go somewhere else in Europe or Asian tiger nations (Like South Korea), or even in Canada, it would have been a welcomed advice.

bunmioguns:
Make dem come home jo

Abi na by force to school there?
Re: Texas College Rejects Nigerian Applicant Over Ebola by lockupman(m): 11:55am On Oct 20, 2014
Lol...I feel your pain bro. Nigeria (no) go better!

Henrypraise:
Everybody don tire 4 naija wahala n d ebola case is just d needed bad name dat shud be given to d dog b4 it is hanged, de av seen a reason n trust me dia citizens will defend d reasons btw once nigerians ar rejected abroad, everybody will cum bak home to rescue d sinkin ship... No body is running anywere, same shud be don to all children of polithiefians, we all will stay, enjoy n suffer in dis naija, dem no see ozoro poly or shaka momodu poly enter. Make dem cum home cum find admission na only 200k per person, make lecturers frustrate dia papa small.
Re: Texas College Rejects Nigerian Applicant Over Ebola by Nobody: 12:05pm On Oct 20, 2014
gidjah:
BUT Y tomorow ?is tomorow d final incubation time for nig?abi na just d normal racism and wickednes?

There's a 42days window ,monitoring and new cases are expected ,our sheet was all zeros.. http://www.who.int/mediacentre/news/ebola/20-october-2014/en/
Re: Texas College Rejects Nigerian Applicant Over Ebola by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 20, 2014
Re: Texas College Rejects Nigerian Applicant Over Ebola by omostar: 12:21pm On Oct 20, 2014
E dey their body. Shey be we are now free of the virus and it is their own time now. I wish them luck in combating the disease anyway.
Re: Texas College Rejects Nigerian Applicant Over Ebola by abbey621(m): 12:29pm On Oct 20, 2014
It saddens me when I see Nigerians(Not just ordinary Nigerians) those capable of schooling abroad physically and emotionally settle for community colleges, it's so pathetic! A college like Navarro is one of the worst in the country, hardly better than a Unilag or a private institution in Nigeria. Finally, Texas of all places, they are as ignorant as a blind man watching television, apart from Austin, Houston, San Antonio and Dallas, most places in Texas are just not worth it. Ebola or no Ebola make dem find better school!

3 Likes

Re: Texas College Rejects Nigerian Applicant Over Ebola by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 20, 2014
Dont we have schools and E-libraries in Nigeria, must we read abroad?
Re: Texas College Rejects Nigerian Applicant Over Ebola by Nobody: 3:26pm On Oct 20, 2014
Feedmemore:
Americans, you just have to love their consistent hysteria, bless them.
Oh,please! Is that all you can say?
Re: Texas College Rejects Nigerian Applicant Over Ebola by CEOTEK(m): 3:39pm On Oct 20, 2014
RaptorX:
African immigrants living in the US better start praying that these ebola outbreak in Texas is swiftly contained and does not spread nation wide. Or you negroes especially those loud mouthed Nigerian visa lottery winner here on NL are going to
find out the hard way how tolerant Americans are, based on the rascist rants i am seeing on American online forums, the
signs are not looking good.

So better start showing some respects to home based Nigerians and knock of the cocky attitude, or a FEMA concentration camp might just be waiting for you. Cause a lot of whites are now seeing you as enemy combatants.
YOU NO LIE AT ALL...LOL@those loud mouthed Nigerian Visa lottery winner cheesy grin cool
Re: Texas College Rejects Nigerian Applicant Over Ebola by cap28: 3:47pm On Oct 20, 2014
Ebola Chants in Racist Attack on African Football Player in Pennsylvania

By Dominic Gover
October 16, 2014 16:53 BST

Football player Ibrahim Toumkara, 16, was tormented during a school match when rival players directed "Ebola" chants toward him.

The incident took place in the US state of Pennsylvania. The Nazareth School teenager was "left in tears" when players for Northampton district school shouted "Ebola" at him.

Toumkara's mother and father are in Guinea, which is one of the West African countries in the grips of the Ebola outbreak,

The spread of Ebola from West Africa has caused alarm, with with cases emerging in the United States amid mounting concerns at the slow response by the international community.

Being tormented with Ebola chants was enormously distressing, said police: "There were tears coming down his eyes. He was visibly shaken by this; that it got to that level on the field."

Outcry over the event led to the resignations of Northampton's coach and assistant
Speaking to local media, Toumkara said: "I'm really disappointed in the outcome — that things came down to what they did in the end."

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/ebola-chants-racist-attack-african-football-player-pennsylvania-1470401
Re: Texas College Rejects Nigerian Applicant Over Ebola by dasparrow: 3:55pm On Oct 20, 2014
CityNG:

Recourse for what?

A private entity made an astute decision in their best interest.

Listen, let's have some conscience and call a spade a spade. I read the original post and it clearly stated that the school never mentioned that they would not be accepting students from countries that are or were affected by ebola. So why did they take the student's application fee? They should have stated very clearly on their admission's page on their website that students from countries affected by ebola are strongly advised not to apply. That way, they save potential applicants from such countries the money and time spent applying to these colleges. I consider it theft and deception to take money for a service you would not render. If they are not accepting students from countries affected by ebola, then colleges must make that very clear on their website before rejecting applicants who come from countries that are or were affected by ebola.

Some of you are so blinded by hatred for Nigeria that if the slave trade were still to exist, Negros like you will deliberately make sure the white man maltreats his black slaves forever. Where is your conscience CityNG? Dead I guess. Anyways, keep doing you if it helps you sleep well at night. The world health organization (W.H.O) has today officially declared Nigeria Ebola free. So haters can go and choke on their hateraid. At the end of the day, whether you defend USA from today till tomorrow, white america will never like you except you're caucasian. They don't even like the black americans talk less of those blacks born to African immigrants.

1 Like

Re: Texas College Rejects Nigerian Applicant Over Ebola by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 20, 2014
dasparrow:

Listen, let's have some conscience and call a spade a spade. I read the original post and it clearly stated that the school never mentioned that they would not be accepting students from countries that are or were affected by ebola. So why did they take the student's application fee? They should have stated very clearly on their admission's page on their website that students from countries affected by ebola are strongly advised not to apply. That way, they save potential applicants from such countries the money and time spent applying to these colleges. I consider it theft and deception to take money for a service you would not render. If they are not accepting students from countries affected by ebola, then colleges must make that very clear on their website before rejecting applicants who come from countries that are or were affected by ebola.

Some of you are so blinded by hatred for Nigeria that if the slave trade were still to exist, Negros like you will deliberately make sure the white man maltreats his black slaves forever. Where is your conscience CityNG? Dead I guess. Anyways, keep doing you if it helps you sleep well at night. The world health organization (W.H.O) has today officially declared Nigeria Ebola free. So haters can go and choke on their hateraid. At the end of the day, whether you defend USA from today till tomorrow, white america will never like you except you're caucasian. They don't even like the black americans talk less of those blacks born to African immigrants.
Go and suck a d i c k!You racist!
Re: Texas College Rejects Nigerian Applicant Over Ebola by cap28: 4:09pm On Oct 20, 2014
comments from american and UK daily mail readers following Liberian President's pleas for help regarding the ebola crisis in her country:

eyLexi, Sherman Oaks, United States, 24 minutes ago

Save their citizens so that they can keep reproducing babies that live in the mud and starve.

Alphonse Dee, Surfside, United States, 36 minutes ago

What exactly is the Liberian government and the other two similarly afflicted doing about this problem and what has it done in the past 20 years to improve sanitation within its borders? Or, are those subjects "off-base" and not to be questioned?

Phil711, Luton, United Kingdom, 6 minutes ago

Nothing, they plan this, they know that we have to step in when it spreads and we have to use our resources and money to help them while they can sit back and do nothing, that simple really, they know what their doing and British, Americans, and French and being taken as mugs

meagain377, cheltenham, United Kingdom, 46 minutes ago

It is no loss.

retired, Thomasburg, 51 minutes ago

Exaggerate any crisis to get money, that is how these countries operate, yet more people die of Malaria than Ebola.

Catherine, Colorado USA, 54 minutes ago

I believe now with the unbecoming a global problem. much more research funding will be allocated to the treatment of Ebola. I'm sorry help is comings late, I admire the media and this dignified President.

Concerned, San Francisco, United States, 1 hour ago

Do people who are so backwards they fear help, really worth any trouble on our part We are talking about the direct defendants of the very ones who sold their own people into slavery for two hundred years. That's right folks, look it up. These backward places are just going to risk healthy American lives to save people too s$

Concerned, San Francisco, United States, 1 hour ago

We do have a stake in the Ebola crisis, but she and her country won't like the appropriate solution, as it would leave that country a smoldering mess.

AnAmericanAbroad, Somewhereintheworld, 10 minutes ago

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

Thats about right, tuxtla, Mexico, 1 hour ago

So stop eating all that crap food that carries the virus.

BeeVeeZee, London, United Kingdom, 2 hours ago

Of Course cash would be preferrred I'm sure the President and his crew could do with some new cars and lavish houses

pete, sanfran, 2 hours ago

Considering what they have done to their country after decades of support, they really are not that much worse off anyway.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2799955/president-ebola-hit-liberia-makes-desperate-appeal-help-saying-generation-lost.html#ixzz3GhJPQOKk
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Texas College Rejects Nigerian Applicant Over Ebola by dasparrow: 4:09pm On Oct 20, 2014
cap28:

Cap28,

Long time. How are you?

Thanks for the article. You see, some of our people who live in the USA are busy running their mouth. They don't realize that when push comes to shove, even those who were born and raised in America to African parents will feel the heat. I see many of them come on Nairaland to cuss Nigerians out and I laugh. I was also born in the west and spent a greater part of my life there but I am not ignorant of the fact that when the chips are down, even if you were born and raised in the west, that would not matter to the whites as long as one has African parents or is black. You can see what this teenage football player is now going through despite being born and raised in USA. Whites don't even like their fellow citizens who are black from slavery descent much less those who are Africans or born to African parents. I feel for Africans currently living in USA. Whew, are they in for a bumpy ride. Most Americans are born bigots so I can imagine how they would use this ebola incidence as a license to discriminate. Thank God my family encouraged me to leave USA back then so that I can take part in NYSC.

2 Likes

Re: Texas College Rejects Nigerian Applicant Over Ebola by dasparrow: 4:11pm On Oct 20, 2014
RaptorX:
African immigrants living in the US better start praying that these ebola outbreak in Texas is swiftly contained and does not spread nation wide. Or you negroes especially those loud mouthed Nigerian visa lottery winner here on NL are going to
find out the hard way how tolerant Americans are, based on the rascist rants i am seeing on American online forums, the
signs are not looking good.

So better start showing some respects to home based Nigerians and knock of the cocky attitude, or a FEMA concentration camp might just be waiting for you. Cause a lot of whites are now seeing you as enemy combatants.

You ain't never lied. Keep telling it as it is. Kudos!

1 Like

Re: Texas College Rejects Nigerian Applicant Over Ebola by cap28: 4:12pm On Oct 20, 2014
all4naija:
Go and suck a d i c k!You racist!

Has anyone ever told you that you are a braindead robot undecided

what is racist in what he said?

3 Likes

Re: Texas College Rejects Nigerian Applicant Over Ebola by dasparrow: 4:18pm On Oct 20, 2014
mesoade:
They own their school,they can do anything they wish with it . . Come back home,abi na jamb dey fear u?

So because they own the school, they can take an applicant's application fee when they know fully well that they have no intention considering them for admission due to a bias?

So they should come home and study in Nigeria where a 4 year course takes 6 years to complete due to incessant strikes? Where classrooms are overcrowded and lecturers sexually harass their female students and threaten to fail them if they don't give in to their sick demands for sex? Our universities that cultists have taken over?

You are indeed an envious human being and an enemy of progress. Park well please!
Re: Texas College Rejects Nigerian Applicant Over Ebola by cap28: 4:23pm On Oct 20, 2014
dasparrow:

Cap28,

Long time. How are you?

Thanks for the article. You see, some of our people who live in the USA are busy running their mouth. They don't realize that when push comes to shove, even those who were born and raised in America to African parents will feel the heat. I see many of them come on Nairaland to cuss Nigerians out and I laugh. I was also born in the west and spent a greater part of my life there but I am not ignorant of the fact that when the chips are down, even if you were born and raised in the west, that would not matter to the whites as long as one has African parents or is black. You can see what this teenage football player is now going through despite being born and raised in USA. Whites don't even like their fellow citizens who are black from slavery descent much less those who are Africans or born to African parents. I feel for Africans currently living in USA. Whew, are they in for a bumpy ride. Most Americans are born bigots so I can imagine how they would use this ebola incidence as a license to discriminate. Thank God my family encouraged me to leave USA back then so that I can take part in NYSC.

I am very well thank you bros, hope you are keeping well and I agree with everything you've posted.
I've been closely monitoring this ebola pandemic and I knew that it would just be a matter of time before the backlash against west Africans (or any Africans for that matter) living in the west would start. Just the other day a Liberian man who works in the US fell sick with flu and was asked not to come into work by his supervisors as his co workers suspected that his cold might be Ebola:

Liberian man told to stay away from work for Ebola concern

Posted: Oct 18, 2014 3:26 AM GST

Updated: Oct 18, 2014 4:17 AM GST

Reported by Anthony Miller

WRENTHAM, Mass. (WHDH) - A Liberian man in Wrentham says he has been told not to come to work because of Ebola concerns.

Kevin Makor works at the Wrentham Developmental Center, he says he's recently come down with a common cold, but because of a chain of events his coworkers are concerned.

"Whenever the weather changes I always get a cold,” he said. “It's kind of hard right now."

Makor's cousin ONeal also works at the center, he recently missed a few weeks of work due to a car accident, but rumors spread that he went home to Africa.

Soon after Makor says he caught a cold, but on Wednesday went to work anyway.

The next day, he says he got a call from his supervisor.

"He said somebody made an anonymous call and told the campus police that Kevin has been in contact with someone who traveled to Africa lately and he's showing signs of Ebola,” he said.

Makor says neither he, nor anyone in his family has been to Liberia as of late.

He says his supervisor told him to stay home until he got a doctor's note clearing him of the deadly disease.

"I'm Liberian and if I go to any doctor right now and ask a question like that there would be concern,” he said.

The Wrentham Developmental Center is a facility that houses the developmentally disabled, Makor says understands taking precautions, but says this is too much.

"It makes you kind of feel isolated, it makes you feel like there's some form of discrimination."

The center has not commented on this situation

http://www.wsvn.com/story/26818618/liberian-man-told-to-stay-away-from-work-over-ebola-concern

2 Likes

Re: Texas College Rejects Nigerian Applicant Over Ebola by dasparrow: 4:27pm On Oct 20, 2014
cap28:

Has anyone ever told you that you are a braindead robot undecided

what is racist in what he said?

Let me tell you something. All4naija is this self-hating biracial guy (product of a one black one white parent) that sleeps on Nairaland constantly looking for every opportunity to tear Nigeria down. People like him are the reason why I think black folks should generally think twice before breeding with caucasians. The end result is usually not pretty. All4naija is proof of that. He is always typing trash and I suspect that he has a psychological and spiritual problem. It is not easy being a halfbreed, neither here nor there, neither fully accepted by the caucasian race nor the black race. You know what I mean? So try not to waste your precious time engaging him in a lengthy conversation because doing so could drain one's IQ.

3 Likes

Re: Texas College Rejects Nigerian Applicant Over Ebola by Fulaman198(m): 4:30pm On Oct 20, 2014
dasparrow:

So because they own the school, they can take an applicant's application fee when they know fully well that they have no intention considering them for admission due to a bias?

So they should come home and study in Nigeria where a 4 year course takes 6 years to complete due to incessant strikes? Where classrooms are overcrowded and lecturers sexually harass their female students and threaten to fail them if they don't give in to their sick demands for sex? Our universities that cultists have taken over?

You are indeed an envious human being and an enemy of progress. Park well please!

I'd advise Nigerians to study in Ghana, Egypt, Rep of Benin, Cameroon, etc. we need to fix the issue of striking though in Nigeria, that starts with our leadership who are completely incompetent. Badluck Johnathan is a sellout.
Re: Texas College Rejects Nigerian Applicant Over Ebola by dasparrow: 4:32pm On Oct 20, 2014
lagcity:
Yep, i knew some ppl would use Ebola to exhibit racist and prejudiced tendencies. Whatever happened to deferred admissions? That's just a silly excuse. Next time if you r gonna discriminate, please be more creative with your lies angry

I hope the guy applied to several schools.

The guy should forget USA and apply to a Canadian school. I know of someone who just got admitted to a college in Ontario Canada last month for the winter semester starting in January 2015. USA is not the only country where foreign students from Nigeria/Africa can go and study. Shior!

1 Like

Re: Texas College Rejects Nigerian Applicant Over Ebola by Fulaman198(m): 4:32pm On Oct 20, 2014
dasparrow:

Let me tell you something. All4naija is this self-hating biracial guy (product of a one black one white parent) that sleeps on Nairaland constantly looking for every opportunity to tear Nigeria down. People like him are the reason why I think black folks should generally think twice before breeding with caucasians. The end result is usually not pretty. All4naija is proof of that. He is always typing trash and I suspect that he has a psychological and spiritual problem. It is not easy being a halfbreed, neither here nor there, neither fully accepted by the caucasian race nor the black race. You know what I mean? So try not to waste your precious time engaging him in a lengthy conversation because doing so could drain one's IQ.

You are right, but typically speaking mulattoes or half-breeds as you describe them tend to follow their white side more and will do anything to propagate hate and self-righteousness towards blacks or Africans. The best thing to do is to ignore the incompetento and let him dwell in his own artificial world.
Re: Texas College Rejects Nigerian Applicant Over Ebola by dasparrow: 4:36pm On Oct 20, 2014
Divineluv14:
Must they go to the US to study?

What happened to all d universities in Nigeria

@Bolded

Many of them go on strike for a very lengthy period of time. Male Lecturers are also known to sexually harass female students asking them for sex in exchange for good grades.

1 Like

Re: Texas College Rejects Nigerian Applicant Over Ebola by Fulaman198(m): 4:36pm On Oct 20, 2014
Hopefully this will be a wake up to Nigerians and other West Africans that whites and Westerners truly don't like them and for them to stop living in this fantasy world. They care only for themselves, therefore, we should do anything we can in our power to work on ourselves in order to improve our own infrastructures and propagate a positive image of Nigeria instead of self-deprecation and people worshiping of America and Western lands.

"Africa wake up wake up, we say NOOO to Racism!!" Just like the Hausa singer Naziru M Ahmed says.

As Nigerians we should be very proud at the way in which we handled the Ebola outbreak, far more professionally than what America has done thus far. This should give you all an implication that we are a very capable people and as long as we safeguard this belief, I believe that we can go very far my Nigerian people.

2 Likes

Re: Texas College Rejects Nigerian Applicant Over Ebola by dasparrow: 4:49pm On Oct 20, 2014
MissMeiya:

If you want something to make frontpage, it can't be about any other country but the US. The mods will tell you.

So you don't want Nairaland calling your country out on her bullshyte right? So that colleges in your country USA can keep taking application fees from West African students when these colleges have no intention of considering them for admission because of bias.

Listen here, we will keep calling USA out on her bullshyte! To be forewarned is to be forearmed. It is best Nigerians know the hell they will go through in the USA due to the ebola virus raging in some West African countries rather than for them to get to america and begin to suffer depression due to isolation and stigma from ignorant shallow minded bigoted americans. Anyways, thank God for the internet. People can now make informed decisions before journeying to far away bigoted lands like USA where even Negros like you are not wanted by white america.

As long as America keeps treating Africans like crap because of ebola, it will be reported here on the frontpage. Anyone who does not like it can go jump into the Bermuda triangle!

Nigerian is ebola free. USA is not! You can take that to the bank!

3 Likes

Re: Texas College Rejects Nigerian Applicant Over Ebola by Fulaman198(m): 4:52pm On Oct 20, 2014
dasparrow:

So you don't want Nairaland calling your country out on her bullshyte right? So that colleges in your country USA can keep taking application fees from West African students when these colleges have no intention of considering them for admission because of bias.

Listen here, we will keep calling USA out on her bullshyte! To be forewarned is to be forearmed. It is best Nigerians know the hell they will go through in the USA due to the ebola virus raging in some West African countries rather than for them to get to america and begin to suffer depression due to isolation and stigma from ignorant shallow minded bigoted americans. Anyways, thank God for the internet. People can now make informed decisions before journeying to far away bigoted lands like USA where even Negros like you are not wanted by white america.

As long as America keeps treating Africans like crap because of ebola, it will be reported here on the frontpage. Anyone who does not like it can go jump into the Bermuda triangle!

Nigerian is ebola free. USA is not! You can take that to the bank!

Ebola is not the only reason Americans treat Africans like crap. As long as you are black in America, expect to be treated like a third class citizen.
Re: Texas College Rejects Nigerian Applicant Over Ebola by dasparrow: 4:54pm On Oct 20, 2014
biafranqueen:
I am so sorry that is your experience the ones around me are loving, full of fun and angels on earth. You know what they say you attract who you are no insult intended my friend. Are you white may I ask?

@Bolded

He is the self-hating product of a white and black union. That is why he is so confused and bitter because he does not fit in anywhere. Neither blacks nor whites fully accept him. Can't you see that he is always typing rubbish on Nairaland thinking that he is making sense?

1 Like

Re: Texas College Rejects Nigerian Applicant Over Ebola by dasparrow: 5:03pm On Oct 20, 2014
all4naija:

I plan to adopt though to reduce the burden on earth resources. Humans are really becoming like a bacteria to life. That is clear fact! It is time to find solution before it gets worst.

@Bolded

Say what? Please do the world a favor and do NOT adopt nor have kids of your own. You are not emotionally and psychologically stable to raise children. The world has enough psychos that were raised by mentally sick people. We don't need you adding to that population. Be a good boy and keep taking your meds. As long as you don't skip your medication, I know you will be fine. Also, leave that dingy poorly lit basement apartment of yours once a while and take a walk in the park, meet new people and make new friends. It will help to make you less bitter and perhaps help you become emotionally stable.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Inside Jubilee Syringe Manufacturing Factory In Onna, Akwa Ibom (Photos) / Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation / Man Sitting In The Middle Of The Road With His Sick Child (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.