Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,208 members, 7,822,075 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Pictures: My Snail Farm - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Pictures: My Snail Farm (34644 Views)

Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm / Beginning A Small Scale Snail Farm / One Of My Snail Is White See Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures: My Snail Farm by bbmoringa: 4:17pm On Nov 28, 2015
i hav an unbelievable feed formulatn dt can b used to capture snails in d wild & also b fed to snail in captivity bcs it is found to give them rapid growth.08023589841,08103644766
Re: Pictures: My Snail Farm by bbmoringa: 4:18pm On Nov 28, 2015
bbmoringa:
i hav an unbelievable feed formulatn dt can b used to capture snails in d wild & also b fed to snail in captivity bcs it is found to give them rapid growth.08023589841,08103644766
Re: Pictures: My Snail Farm by Patook1: 1:15pm On Jan 23, 2016
Pls add me to your WhatsApp group - 08184882081
Re: Pictures: My Snail Farm by iNanaAma: 1:56pm On Mar 27, 2016
Flexing galore

Do u mix diƒƒerent species in ur farm?
Re: Pictures: My Snail Farm by heezey(m): 6:20am On Oct 01, 2016
Are you interested in Snail farming?
Click here to discover the success secret of snail farmers that no one talks about: Snail farming In Nigeria: Exposing the hidden secrets
Re: Pictures: My Snail Farm by kennysympathy(m): 1:14am On Oct 16, 2016
FarmTech:
.. Which part of Onitsha? I'm there too.
Farmtech,
where in onitsha are you?
I need where I can get snail to rear.
thanks.
Re: Pictures: My Snail Farm by Johnnyessence(m): 10:47am On Oct 26, 2016
vikacydevato:
Use plopapy calcium supplement to grow your snails to maturity in 7 months. Contact VICOMO FARMS on : 08066194562.
good morning bro it is been long av see u online, how is farm?pls am in need of ur calcium supplement feed pls I can I get it sir?or pls send d process to my email sir on :johnadegbola4uall@gmail.com .thank you
Re: Pictures: My Snail Farm by vikacydevato(m): 4:30pm On Oct 29, 2016
Johnnyessence:
good morning bro it is been long av see u online, how is farm?pls am in need of ur calcium supplement feed pls I can I get it sir?or pls send d process to my email sir on :johnadegbola4uall@gmail.com .thank you
Good day , boss.
You can reach me on 08066194562.
Re: Pictures: My Snail Farm by kennysympathy(m): 2:20pm On Feb 10, 2017
Easiest method and way of getting rid of ants without hurting the snails is by grinding garlic and mixing with water..then sprinkle inside your snailery...

And for those that are intrested in knowing the herbs and others use in enhancing their growth whatsapp me...serious minded people pls..and am not sharing for free...will be harvesting in january for those interested..

How do I contact you?
Re: Pictures: My Snail Farm by Motytobit: 5:49am On Jun 03, 2017
ifewinner:
so how much is the feed and your phone number pls.
plsss this my numb 07057638830,I want the feed.am presently in lagos
Re: Pictures: My Snail Farm by Motytobit: 5:51am On Jun 03, 2017
How much is the feed, am interested. Dis my numb 07057638830.

1 Like

Re: Pictures: My Snail Farm by Motytobit: 5:52am On Jun 03, 2017
Help my snails are dying one after d other
Re: Pictures: My Snail Farm by Motytobit: 5:53am On Jun 03, 2017
How to kill soldier ant in my snail house with hurting my snail
Re: Pictures: My Snail Farm by Newnas(m): 7:04am On Jun 03, 2017
please who has Achatina Achatina for sale?
How much is a kg and how much will ship it to Osun State.
Re: Pictures: My Snail Farm by Wohlers: 8:07am On Jun 03, 2017
Hello, hope this is the right forum for my question. I need 30-50 SHELLS (no snails) from younger Achatina (species that are used for breeding) for a small exhibition here in Germany about snail farming in Nigeria. So, no fully grown, I have those, but from younger Achatina, to show how they grow/how the snail becomes bigger (30-50 shells).
Anybody there who can sell me those and ship them securely packed to my address in Germany? I offer to pay 50 Euro plus shipping costs.
Re: Pictures: My Snail Farm by Preprobiotics: 8:02pm On Jun 25, 2017
Molasses and Lactobacillus Serum for Livestock, Poultry and Home Use
Undiluted Organic Molasses for Strong Nutritional Value with many Health Benefits. Lactobachillus a Superb Growth Booster for Livestock, Poultry and Fish Farming, Also an effective Foul ODOUR Removal for Farms, Households, Dust Bins,Sewage, etc.
Call: 08121790440
Price from =N=1,500

Re: Pictures: My Snail Farm by Martins97: 12:41am On Feb 19, 2018
Nicely written, OP. You have inspired me to compile :https://www.makemoney2000.com/how-to-start-snail-farming-in-nigeria/
Re: Pictures: My Snail Farm by maxipharo(m): 1:06am On Feb 19, 2018
The only problem am really facing now is how to get rid of ants... Any suggestions is highly welcome
www.agricincome.com
Re: Pictures: My Snail Farm by Dajie: 11:22am On Jun 16, 2018
Where's your phone number? Am I the only one who cannot find it?
Re: Pictures: My Snail Farm by JOSCO7720: 8:33am On Jun 17, 2018
pls I need guide as regards the conditions to subject snail's egg to before they can fully harshed? Bcause these are the eggs I got from forest snails but just gather them together till they are fortunately to be harshed. Thanks!
Re: Pictures: My Snail Farm by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 5:24pm On Jun 29, 2018
*Snail Foods and Feeding –*

Snails especially Achatina mainly feeds on green leaves and fruits though they can utilize other ranges of foods. Feed your snails leaves, fruits, or even formula from the feed store. Aside from food to grow tissues, snails need calcium to grow shells.

*Leaves:* Cocoyam leaves, pawpaw leaves, okra leaves, cassava leaves, eggplant leaves, cabbage and lettuce leaves.

*Fruits:* Mango, eggplant, pawpaw, banana, tomatoes, oil palm fruits, pears. and cucumber

*Feed* *Formulations*

Recommendations on formulated feed
As land pressures force people to move from extensive farming, in
which natural foods are abundant, to semi-intensive farming, it may
become necessary to introduce formulated feeds. Studies in Ghana in
which poultry feed was used in snail farming showed that this formula
has good potential in growing A. achatina.
In Archachatina marginata snail farming in Nigeria, commercially
formulated feeds are sometimes used, but they are rather expensive.
You can mix a snail feed formula yourself, using the following ingredients and ratios (in kg per 100 kg mix; recipe from Nigeria)

*right way of feeding*

*Don't put their feed on the soil*
*Get either a tray or flat wood to put* *their food*

*And get fat and a bit shallow tray to put their water*

And make sure u weigh all over

Let it be accurate so u get your 100%

Get your weighing scale

Weigh and follow d percentage .

Grind and mix all together

That's your feed formulation

*Feeding* *Snail* *Properly*

The essence of feeding the snails is to aid reproduction capacity and increase their size. Therefore, be consistent in feeding. They can eat up to 3 – 5 % of their body weight in 24hrs. Snails convert feed to body weight when a balanced diet containing protein, vitamin, minerals, calcium carbonate and phosphate is given to them. Agricultural chemicals in form of spray or powder should be avoided, as they are toxic to snails. Feed snails as much as they can eat, ensure useable water quantity daily.
If active snails are starved of food, they will shade 2 - 5% of their body weight in 24 hrs. Snails are basically fed twice in a day i.e in the evenings between 5pm - 7pm and early in the morning, between 7am-9am. Snails are nocturnal animals i.e they are more active at night. The feed items should be distributed evenly within the snailery to enhance equal feeding opportunity for all the snails. Avoid
salt and salty foods since snails do not survive high salt intake.

Weigh the ingredient onces u get them and grind them 2geda

����A self-mix snail feed formula

Ingredients kg

Maize 31.3kg
Groundnut cake 10kg
Soy bean meal 25kg
Fish meal 4kg
Wheat offal 16kg
Palm kernel cake 4.2kg
Oyster shell 8.05kg
Bone meal 1.2kg
Premix vitamins & minerals 0.25kg

N.B the protein is very high
Calcium is also high
These are the two major ingredients that make snail grow very fast. Remember snail has higher percentages of flesh & shell so for very fast growth the feed must have very high percentage of protein & calcium.
Give them vegetables like moringa & the leaves of one plant call Agunmaniye in Yoruba.... It give them very fast growth, okra leaves & pawpaw leaves
Give them fruits like watermelon, carrot ,leftover orange after sucking the water ,pear intact any fruit high in vitamin C
I am a snail farmer ....l can send you different snail pens on WhatsApp 08120528950....Gbenga

*FEED FORMULATION*

What is *wheat* *offal*

Its the waste product of wheat during processing

It contain the chaff and glutenous part of wheat seed

*Bone meal* is normal cattle bone or other bone like ( goat ,pig ,etc)
But cattle is been use CU's of its abundance

*Fish meal*
Your fish bones and other part of the fish

*pro vitamins and mineral*
You get that from those who sell animal feed as a *premix*

*Groundnut cake*
Your common *kuli kuli*

*Soyabean meal* is your main soy bean
Dry n grind
sbm is the whole bean ground but *soya bean cake* is obtained after the extraction of oil or milk from the beans

*PKC*

It's the remains of Palm kernel after the oil has been extracted

*you* *can* *get* *it* in the market

*Maize*

Is your normal maize( dry ) grind

*Oyster shell*
Is shell of oyster dry n grind

2 Likes

Re: Pictures: My Snail Farm by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 5:44pm On Jun 29, 2018
SIMPLE ANALYSIS FOR SNAIL FARMING IN NIGERIA*

If you start a snail farm with 1,000 matured snails and they lay say 100 eggs  each in a year. Remember that snails can go 3 clusters in a year.
Equals to 100 x 3 = 300 each (that is 300 snails each in a year) but for the purpose of this let’s put it at 100 snails per year.
Cost of 1,000 snails for breeding = 1,000 x 450 = 450,000 (Four Hundred & FIFTYThousand  Naira)
For 100 snails for 1,000 foundation stock = 100,000 snails in a year.
If after 1 year you decide to sell 50,000 snails out of the 100,000 snails, you have a total of 50,000 x 100 Naira per snail (Highly reduced price) N5,000,000 (that is five million naira) Is that amazing?
This is a rough projection which is obtainable in a good management practices.I think with this little summary snail breeding is profitable.

INVESTMENT COSTING FOR BREEDING 100 SNAILS WITHIN SIX MONTHS.

*STAGE 1*: Total cost for the pen construction #30,000( *if you buy from us* )
*STAGE 2*: Cost of your labor 
*STAGE 3*: Cost of buying breeder snails called point of lay @ N450 each ( 100 Pieces) #45,000.
*STAGE 4*: Transportation of 100snails  to Owner
( *but if u buy from us,we will nt charge you transportation fee* )
STAGE 5: Cost feeding using special snail formulated feed #8k,000 per 25kg bag. It Feeds the 100 snails for 3 months. 2 bags needed before harvest of snails for sale.NB this is optional
( *we will include the feed for you for just 8k* )
STAGE 7: Cost for buying fruits like pawpaw, watermelon for 6 months period ( #1000) But you can get them free from fruit vendors or plant them

*TOTAL= N75,000*
( *if we are the one going to supply u the snail and the house,then everything will cost you 75,000*, *we will not include the feed for you* )

AM is better than AA,AF in term of growth rate and size.

AM grow bigger which make them sell fast in market.

While AA,AF are not.but they are good in term of reproduction .they produce 200 to 500 in one sit.

After introduction to breed of snails the next is your soil.

Best soil to use is loamy soil.

soil treatment is needed in trench,pen,hutch boxes housing of snail*

While Freeland/ freerange housing doesn't required soil treatment

This is because it will be cubersome so what should be don't is to pour hot water on the soil for rearing snail

*reasons for soil treatment before rearing snail*

Is to kill all microorganisms that might be harmful to snail

Examples are termite and ants

One termite can kill 100snails

Termite is the major enemy of snail

So when you rearing you have to carryout soul treatmen

Firstly in soil treatment:

Step one:
Get your loamy soil from farm or land cover with green vegetation

Step two and three: boil the soil and stir with stick or spoon so they can be over all hotness of the soil

Step four: spread the boil soil on clean clothe or clean mat and allow it to cool

Last step ; pour it in a pen or trench
And after than your snail can be put on the pen/ trench

Make sure that you bath your snails before putting them in their new home...

Gbenga... 08120528950

5 Likes

Re: Pictures: My Snail Farm by primus01: 6:50pm On Jun 29, 2018
pls sir, do you have table size snails for sale. the ones I saw in the picture are not big enough.
Re: Pictures: My Snail Farm by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 11:15am On Jul 01, 2018
Yes l do call me

WHAT ARE THE NATURAL SOURCES OF CALCIUM?

Furthermore, most snails that lack enough calcium/phosphorus supplies can be observed also by whitish
shell appearance. The shell of your snails gives the first impression about your snails before the meat
content is observed; whether dehydrated or healthy and fresh with rich meat content. The sales of snails
depends largely on the shell size and weight. The bigger the shell the more expensive it becomes.
For hatchling calcium need is 3.5%-4.5% for growers same while for adult 5.5%.
Various natural sources of calcium for snails are as follow but note they all have their various levels of efficacy.

1. Egg Shell
2. Bone meal
3. Oyster Shell
4. Limestone
5. Wood Ash
6. Natural Chalk
7. Cuttlefish Bone,
8. Fish bone
9. Cabbage and
10.orange membrane

The above listed are the common natural sources of calcium.

1 Like

Re: Pictures: My Snail Farm by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 11:17am On Jul 01, 2018
If you need WhatsApp snail training with videos & pictures contact me on 08120528950 call& WhatsApp
Re: Pictures: My Snail Farm by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 11:20am On Jul 01, 2018
Six months from birth l will teach you how to get 400g-500g matured snails specifically for meat production purpose
Re: Pictures: My Snail Farm by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 4:38pm On Jul 28, 2018
Please check the pictures below... 08120528950calls&WhatsApp

Re: Pictures: My Snail Farm by Asquare84(m): 6:03pm On Jul 28, 2018
The part of Nigerian I am from we don't eat snail what you are wasting your time to rear if you go to my village stream you will see them everywhere and nobody eat them
Re: Pictures: My Snail Farm by Baroba(m): 9:29am On Jul 29, 2018
Asquare84:
The part of Nigerian I am from we don't eat snail what you are wasting your time to rear if you go to my village stream you will see them everywhere and nobody eat them

Try going to that stream during the heart of dry season and see if you will still find them, snails are seasonal, the essence of rearing them is to have snails all year round, and also give snails chance to reach there full potential in terms of weight before been picked and eaten..Those who can maintain good supply during scarcity stand a huge chance of making a decent profit..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cassava Processing Machine / Broilers Chicken / Cabbage Grows Well In Southwest Nigeria . See Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.