Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,542 members, 7,819,927 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Crucifi-'ct'-xion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Crucifi-'ct'-xion (718 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Crucifi-'ct'-xion by Crocz(m): 10:12pm On Oct 19, 2014
The greatest lies ever told are those embedded in our believes. It blinds our natural instinct of objective evaluation of the possibilities of the scenario. I write this not to belittle common sense, mock any follower of some faith or as a deliberate attack on individual(s) or group in that respect.

Clearly, the preaching of Good and Bad, of righteous and wrong, of heaven and hell, and of salvation centres around the "crucifixion" of the Messiah. Time and again, my christian friends tell me Jesus died for OUR sins but it made little to no sense to me...going through the scenarios before the "murder", he was seen strategising with his disciples on how to defend his position, he prayed and cried to God!, so now my questions:

Was he unwilling to die for humanity?

And why would God allow his own ally die as this was the motivation of the Jews then that if he was who he claimed to be, no harm will befall him!?

And by own logic or reasoning, if Jesus and His Father are one, then does that not mean God was crucified?

What exact sins are we even talking about here that will warrant the Creator of the perfect being sacrifice His only begotten son and not a lamb like Abraham's son was?

And why is John chapter 8 beginning with verse 12, what happened to the other verses?...expunged?
Re: Crucifi-'ct'-xion by hushmail: 11:32pm On Oct 19, 2014
these r mysteries. U need to believe b4 u can understand n appreciate
Re: Crucifi-'ct'-xion by Crocz(m): 8:02am On Oct 20, 2014
hushmail:
these r mysteries. U need to believe b4 u can understand n appreciate

Ofcourse they are, what could be more mysterious than a scandalous expunge of 11 verses of word of God and yet no one seems to ask questions...life is about mysteries, isn't it?
Well, I believed and yet I never understand...so tell me my friend, looks like you understand now

(1) (Reply)

Sunday Service:a Day With Jesus For Nigeria In Israel(photo) / Suggesting An Alternative: JW Rejection Of Blood Transfusion / Ushers Refused To Help Break #1000 Note Into Smaller Denomination.right Or WRONG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.