Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

Advice Needed Please - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice Needed Please (498 Views)

Human Rights Activists Needed, Please! / Advice Needed: His Wife Will Not Allow Him Rest. / Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed Please by Brano(m): 10:17pm On Oct 19, 2014
Guys, is it wrong or evil if a newborn baby refuses to cry? My mum told me that i refused to cry when i was born and that is a taboo in BINI culture. So the nurses had to try out an alternative which if the baby still doesn't cry, he/she will be thrown away and labelled an evil child. So they poured water in a mortar and started pounding it and put some of the water in their mouth they will spit the water on the baby's face and if they do that three times still the baby doesn't cry, the child will be thrown away. (thank God i finally cried at the last try). So i want to know if this is really true or just a mere supersticious belief among the bini tribe of edo state.
Re: Advice Needed Please by darisgod(m): 10:21pm On Oct 19, 2014
Ummm

Bump!!!!
Re: Advice Needed Please by Onlinebizexpert(m): 10:27pm On Oct 19, 2014
Hmm
Re: Advice Needed Please by Nobody: 10:47pm On Oct 19, 2014
So if eventually you didn't cry,your mother would have thrown you into the evil forest abi?
You would have asked her how many children she has seen that has been thrown so far in the evil forest.
Parents deceiving their children with fake stories.

Smh
Re: Advice Needed Please by Brano(m): 10:55pm On Oct 19, 2014
Oboy na assignment u de giv me so ooo

(1) (Reply)

Bed Bug Facts Part 1v Cont'd ..by Chogon Facilities Fumigation Services / Change Of Name / Challenging Some Popular Opinions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.