Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,356 members, 7,836,460 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

The Uselessness Of White Wedding In African Societies!!! - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Uselessness Of White Wedding In African Societies!!! (34962 Views)

The Hidden History Of White Slavery! / The Whiteman And Emergence Of New Societies In Igboland. / Do You Believe In African Bullet Proof? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Uselessness Of White Wedding In African Societies!!! by Rapmoney(m): 8:03pm On Feb 26, 2015
Fulaman198:

I agree those are lies that whites propagate about Africa that we didn't wear clothes prior to their coming to Africa which is a big fat lie.

What does Babban Riga, Agbada and Grand Boubou have to do with whites? When whites came to Timbuktu why did they remakr at the way people like Sonny Ali Ber and a few others dress. It's major bull crap how the lady you quoted is so brainwashed. Most women are brainwashed though and believe that white males are the saviours of Earth.
U have spoken well my broda. God bless u.

1 Like

Re: The Uselessness Of White Wedding In African Societies!!! by Rapmoney(m): 8:05pm On Feb 26, 2015
koyyess:
Just saw this empty ghetto trash you call speech. You and Rapmoney were mistakenly made for each other- dumb, deluded, illiterate fagg*ots.
I pity the woman that gave birth to a disgrace like u!
Re: The Uselessness Of White Wedding In African Societies!!! by koyyess: 8:38pm On Feb 26, 2015
Rapmoney:

I pity the woman that gave birth to a disgrace like u!
You didn't think about your own poor mother before you decided to disrespect both your mum and the entire women folk in your shiitty post. If you like, go and confront your mum and tell her to stop wearing her wigs. That is when all the slaps and flogging that you missed in your wretched childhood will be unleashed upon you. Next time, admit that your empty pocket full of holes cannot afford a white wedding and all the basic things a woman desires instead of coming up with this shiit.
Re: The Uselessness Of White Wedding In African Societies!!! by leederrty1997: 11:29pm On Feb 26, 2015
White wedding shouldn't be valued above our own precious traditional wedding. White wedding is brought along with colonialism, and we embraced it so much discarding our precious one which shouldn't be like that.
Oldnaija.
Suggesting: If u want to know more on Nigerian history, culture and traditions, Legends, Places, Lifestyle in the 60s and 70s and so on, visit www.oldnaija. . You'll be happy you did that...

1 Like

Re: The Uselessness Of White Wedding In African Societies!!! by macof(m): 12:17am On Feb 28, 2015
Fulaman198:

I agree those are lies that whites propagate about Africa that we didn't wear clothes prior to their coming to Africa which is a big fat lie.

What does Babban Riga, Agbada and Grand Boubou have to do with whites? When whites came to Timbuktu why did they remakr at the way people like Sonny Ali Ber and a few others dress. It's major bull crap how the lady you quoted is so brainwashed. Most women are brainwashed though and believe that white males are the saviours of Earth.

So sad sad

1 Like

Re: The Uselessness Of White Wedding In African Societies!!! by amayodimeji: 10:50pm On Jan 01, 2016
Rapmoney:
As the name implies, 'white wedding' is a cultural way of getting married in the western world. Why do Africans now see it as superior to the normal African cultural marriage where two families meet and dowry is paid? Of what sense does it make to do African traditional marriage and still crown it all with this so-called annoying white wedding? Must we Africans wear those ill-fitting suits and gowns to prove that we have now been married? I personally think Africans are relegating their culture to the background and promoting the white man's culture!

I overheard a colleague of mine at work telling someone that it is a sin to sleep with your 'wife' if the white wedding is not done, even though the dowry has been paid. To me, that is the highest level of cultural inferiority and slavery!!! Are we saying tbghat our cultural marriage is not sufficient? That it must be completed by white wedding?

Our women are not helping matters because they are the most significant agents of cultural slavery. With so much artificial stuffs on them-fake hair(Brazilian, Indian, Peruvian, Venezuelan, Colombian etc), fake eye-lashes, fake nails, fake names, etc, none would want to be married only in our traditional way. Tell a naija girl that you would want only a trad and see the speed she go take leave you. Even the speed of a Bugatti Veron dey learn.

White wedding, over the years, has been erroneously seen by many Africans (Nigerians) as a Christian practice. If truth be told, white wedding has nothing to do with Christianity. All the marriages that are recorded in the Bible were done in the trad way...from Genesis to Revelation. Even the one Jesus attended and performed His first miracle was done in the Jewish trad way. Jesus never went there as a bishop, pastor, etc to officiate the marriage. He went as every other guests.

We need to promote our culture because the whites do not marry in our own way. This reminds me of Mr Okadu and Mr Tsiba, characters in Kobina Sekyi's 'The Blinkard'.

White wedding is useless and irrelevant in our culture. It makes mockery of us.

Lets discuss this monster eating the brains of our people? Thanks. wink
......some have failed to see knowledge in what the poster had taken his time to type, it is something that worries him and he wants us to reason upon. But ignorance and anonymity had hindered so many, to see the bright side of the topic rather the talk about something else....I believe modernization is a real deal and the issue with marriage in africa today requires critical thinking, goes beyond social media....thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Uselessness Of White Wedding In African Societies!!! by tpiar: 3:12am On Jan 02, 2016
whatever you can afford. . . . . . . . .e no concern me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Suitor Dies In Katsina Marriage Flogging Game / Female Circumcision: what's wrong with it? / The New Orimolusi Of Ijebu-Igbo, Lawrence Adebajo & His Convoy Hailed By Crowd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.