Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,776 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

How To Answer The Interview Question: Tell Me About Yourself. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Answer The Interview Question: Tell Me About Yourself. (1554 Views)

The Best Way To Answer The Question: “tell Me About Yourself” / The Crazy Interview Question "What Is 1+1?" / Interview Question That Threw Me Off-balance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Answer The Interview Question: Tell Me About Yourself. by CVWizards(m): 6:03am On Oct 20, 2014
It’s the question that sets the tone. When interviewers open this way you have the ball in your court pretty quickly. You can use the opportunity to frame how they see you and convey important qualities representing your unique fit for the position. You have a chance to start your conversation by painting a picture of how you would perform—and even excel— as an associate. What will you say?

This is an important question for you to have practiced. More importantly, it’s a question you should have considered as it uniquely pertains to this organization and this position. If you’re taking your job search seriously, the answer to this question likely emphasizes different qualities depending on what you know about the culture or the needs specific to this particular job. Are you ready?

Telling about you should be fun; because it needs to be enjoyable to hear. Don’t assume this question was asked for a particular reason or that the interviewer is expecting a particular response. The interviewer may have a strategic reason, but it’s just as likely an icebreaker. The more interesting you are, the more memorable you will be. In addition, if you plan your response well , you may event set the stage for follow up questions that play to your strengths. Why wouldn’t you try?

How you respond and what you focus on depends on your.... Read complete article at: http://blog.cvwizards.com.ng/?p=127

About Us:

CV Wizards is a one-stop shop for job seekers in Nigeria. Our services include:

* Professional CV writing
* Cover letter writing
* LinkedIn profile writing
* Interview coaching

Visit www.cvwizards.com.ng to learn more about us and how we can help you secure your dream job. Also visit http://www.blog.cvwizards.com.ng everyday for FREE job search articles.

2 Likes

Re: How To Answer The Interview Question: Tell Me About Yourself. by Isryl02(m): 7:08am On Oct 20, 2014
smiley
Re: How To Answer The Interview Question: Tell Me About Yourself. by TeamSimple(m): 7:11am On Oct 20, 2014
Tell them your name n immediately follow it up with ur qualities that u couldn't write up in ur career objective on ur cv which u knw suits the position u are applying for and the structure of the company..Be straighforward and avoid mannerisms such as em,uhn,mmmm etc

2 Likes

Re: How To Answer The Interview Question: Tell Me About Yourself. by CVWizards(m): 3:01pm On Oct 20, 2014
TeamSimple:
Tell them your name n immediately follow it up with ur qualities that u couldn't write up in ur career objective on ur cv which u knw suits the position u are applying for and the structure of the company..Be straighforward and avoid mannerisms such as em,uhn,mmmm etc
Thanks for the wonderful contribution.
Re: How To Answer The Interview Question: Tell Me About Yourself. by CVWizards(m): 5:44am On Oct 21, 2014
Don't just read the article and go your way. It will do you a lot of good to create a short statement about yourself. Look for a quiet place to practise so that it doesn't sound memorized, when you get to face the interviewer.

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy For Personal Assistant To A High-profile CEO / Vacancy At Shell Petroleum Oil And Gas / Latest Vacancies - Nairaland Experienced Professionals Only!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.