Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,250 members, 7,825,976 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom - Jobs/Vacancies (1027) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom (2426915 Views)

Jobs/Vacancies Section Directory! / Most Kinds Of People In Nairaland's Jobs/vacancies Section / Using The Nairaland Jobs/Vacancies Section: Rules & General Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1024) (1025) (1026) (1027) (1028) (1029) (1030) ... (1490) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by Moyarh(m): 8:45am On May 14, 2016
abimbawealth:

Good morning sir, how's work going? Do have a great day
Good morning Abim. Sorry for the late response.
Hope u'good ?
Have a wonderful weekend smiley

1 Like

Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by amicable09(f): 9:03am On May 14, 2016
Moyarh:

Haba Amic.
Just leave the govt out for 1 sec... why in the frst place will someone stay on one job, one spot, one salary for 15years? In tht time wat has he done to better himself? Wat has he done to deserve more pay and a promotion? Dd dey force him to stay on the job. Iduno all the facts here, but seems to me tht hes been playing too safe and not doing anything to improve his Worth. Wat happened to taking risks? Things are bad, but ordinary citizens are doing well too. Its not everytime people should look for who to blame for their predicaments.
Mo that's not the issue. I don't know him personally for one but like I said, he called and spoke on radio about his sorry state.

I won't judge him for earning the same amount of salary for 15 years and I didn't blame the government but bourgeoisie in that instance, his boss (whoever that may be!). Now let's say he is a security guard, what improvement are you suggesting he should have done?

You may say he should have sponsored himself through school and earned a degree but I ask, how many M.Sc holders do we have today earning below 30,000NGN? MANY!!! I know them.

So, what are we saying? That the guy should have taken the risk of leaving his only source of livelihood and gone out to nothing. That's not risk at all, let alone a calculated one, it will only amount to stupidity. No one leaves a bird at hand and runs after a thousand in the bush!

1 Like

Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by Moyarh(m): 9:04am On May 14, 2016
NakedSnake:
Wow.. Such a a nice place

Just read from page 1 of this thread..

Lemme introduce myself.. You can call be NakedSnake..
Coined from one of my favorite video game characters

Don't want to mention my course cos una fit laff me..

A big hello to everyone

Hiiii "NakedSnake" cheesy
Welcome.
Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by Moyarh(m): 9:18am On May 14, 2016
amicable09:

Mo that's not the issue. I don't know him personally for one but like I said, he called and spoke on radio about his sorry state.

I won't judge him for earning the same amount of salary for 15 years and I didn't blame the government but bourgeoisie in that instance, his boss (whoever that may be!). Now let's say he is a security guard, what improvement are you suggesting he should have done?

You may say he should have sponsored himself through school and earned a degree but I ask, how many M.Sc holders do we have today earning below 30,000NGN? MANY!!! I know them.

So, what are we saying? That the guy should have taken the risk of leaving his only source of livelihood and gone out to nothing. That's not risk at all, let alone a calculated one, it will only amount to stupidity. No one leaves a bird at hand and runs after a thousand in the bush!
I get you.
15 years is a very long time.
Will you stay on one job, same spot for that long? Cos of the fear of not finding something better?
I doubt you will.
Im not insensitive, i know the situation of things but still...
I recently took time out to engage the security guy in my place in a discussion, n i realised he knows alot more than he looks. Hes also a graduate with a bsc and has a wife and kids that he supports with his 20k salary, wch is barely enough for anything. Regardless of his current situation, he's still making moves and putting himself out there, ready to engage his skills and nt just resigning himself to fate and earning 20k for the rest of his life. Soon, i know that his efforts will make way for him.
My point here is tht, some ppl just stay on one spot, get very comfortable and expect things to just become rosey. Doesnt work tht way.
I apologise for deviating from your original topic tho.
Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by Moyarh(m): 9:23am On May 14, 2016
Howdy Beau49? Hope you're good?
Still waiting for your response angry
Have a lovely weekend. smiley
Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by amicable09(f): 9:32am On May 14, 2016
Moyarh:

I get you.
15 years is a very long time.
Will you stay on one job, same spot for that long? Cos of the fear of not finding something better?
I doubt you will.
Im not insensitive, i know thecsituation of things but still...
I recently took time out to engage the security guy in my place in a discussion, n i realised he knows alot more than he looks. Hes also a graduate with a bsc and has a wife and kids that he supports with his 20k salary, wch is barely enough for anything. Regardless of his current situations, he'sstill making moves and putting himself out there, ready to engage his skills and nt just resigning himself to fate and earning 20k for the rest of his life. Soon, i know that his efforts will make way for him. My point here is tht, some ppl just stay on one spot, get very comfortable and expect things to just be rosey. Doesnt work tht way.
I apologise for deviating from your original topic tho.
Nah Mo! Nothing to apologize for. I understand you too.

You see, there are many people who have been with a particular coy for 15 years, probably because the management style there is favorable and they are progressing on the ladder of the organizational structure. But unfortunately, this man isn't in such environment I guess. I don't see anything wrong with him being there for 15 years since he hasn't been sacked, his pay should have been increased because clearly he's adding value no matter how small.

The security guy in my own place is from Borno. I engaged him in a convo while teasing him and calling him Hausa man! but he strongly refuted and told me he's not Hausa, and I'm like you're from Borno state na! The deeper I pressed, he opened up to me that Boko haram bombed his entire family at home and he escaped to Lag. Only him survived.

He wasn't employed to man the gate because he has a degree or school leaving cert, I asked the manager and he said, his decision not to join bad company back in Borno and here in Lagos is enough to encourage and compensate him with a job.

This is the kind of bourgeoisie I admire, not someone capitalizing on the 'weakness' and dependency a disadvantaged adult has on his superior.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by Dahveydson(m): 9:41am On May 14, 2016
amicable09:

You see, there are many people who have been with a particular coy for 15 years, probably because the management style there is favorable and they are progressing on the ladder of the organizational structure. But unfortunately, this man isn't in such environment I guess. I don't see anything wrong with him being there for 15 years since he hasn't been sacked, his pay should have been increased because clearly he's adding value no matter how small.

The security guy in my own place is from Borno. I engaged him in a convo while teasing him and calling him Hausa man! but he strongly refuted and told me he's not Hausa, and I'm like you're from Borno state na! The deeper I pressed, he opened up to me that Boko haram bombed his entire family at home and he escaped to Lag. Only him survived.

He wasn't employed to man the gate because he has a degree or school leaving cert, I asked the manager and he said, his decision not to join bad company back in Borno and here in Lagos is enough to encourage and compensate him with a job.

This is the kind of bourgeoisie I admire, not someone capitalizing on the 'weakness' and dependency a disadvantaged adult has on his superior.

Amy this is hilarious....in the context of bourgeoisie manipulation, this bourgeoisie merely opted for cheap labour and one that will remain loyal and controllable, still the antics of a typical bourgeoisie.

There are no good or bad bourgeoisie amy...
Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by Nobody: 9:42am On May 14, 2016
Moyarh:

Hiiii "NakedSnake" cheesy
Welcome.
cheesy
Thnx

1 Like

Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by Nobody: 9:51am On May 14, 2016
amicable09:

A bigger hello to you.... NS. Lol
I'm not very sure I understand your moniker. Aren't snakes all naked from creation? What's up with yours? Did you rid yourself of the outer green skin?

OK, OK, until I see you in person.
Good morning and welcome to the chatroom.
Haha.. Like i said... Its from one of my favourite video games.. Buenos dias!

1 Like

Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by Moyarh(m): 9:52am On May 14, 2016
amicable09:

I duno if you heard the story of a guy (here in lagos) who was the security guard in a graphic design company. He used to draw and show his boss anytime he passed by. Cant recall, but i think he later saved up and went to get proper design training in an academy and poof... his boss was in the know, and he was given an opportunity to show wat he can do and that is how he went from being a security guard to becoming a design manager in the same company.
No matter where u are Amic, ALWAYS add value to yourself. The company may retain tht guy just cos he's saving cost, if he can add more value in some way, im sure he will be rewarded accordingly. This is the same reason why Adeaks's father keeps telling him to develop himself outside of his job. Even the bible says A mans gift will make ways for him.
I still dont see the rationale behind remaining in one spot for that long.

Happy rest-day Amic grin
Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by yorex2011: 9:54am On May 14, 2016
NakedSnake:
Wow.. Such a a nice place

Just read from page 1 of this thread..

Lemme introduce myself.. You can call be NakedSnake..
Coined from one of my favorite video game characters

Don't want to mention my course cos una fit laff me..

A big hello to everyone

Nakedsnake... Thats the metal gear character na...
Played the game some years back.. Awesome but difficult game
cheesy
Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by Nobody: 9:54am On May 14, 2016
Philomath1212:

Don't tell me you studied "child education or animal husbandry " grin grin grin
BTW, you are welcome.
see you're already laffing at me cry
Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by KissQ(f): 10:26am On May 14, 2016
beau49:
Jamean .....thanks for that update. It was needed....The issue is to always keep it in mind.

As for the subsidy increase and salary being constant.....I echo the same thoughts as Lastmumu. We need to start taking little things seriously. This 'change' can't happen until we begin to hold ourselves accountable......

*goes back to hiding*

@KissQ how have you been? It has been long since i last saw your post.

hi Beau i have been good o just been hibernating. hope you good too.
Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by KissQ(f): 10:27am On May 14, 2016
Jamean:

Oh dear.. the honor is mine
I don't want to even start thinking of the multiplier effect of the increase in fuel price. God is our source, we won't run dry.

KissQ oni ovo... mi yeruvwe
eru to ma vwe

oniovo mavo na
Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by Jazmiynne: 10:35am On May 14, 2016
amicable09:

Lol.
Never heard of that kinda trouble sha... but I trust you'll be fine.

Beautiful morning love and a warm weekend to you.

Thanks dearie kiss

Have a wonderful weekend too

1 Like

Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by Jamean(f): 10:41am On May 14, 2016
KissQ:

oniovo mavo na
me ro
Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by KissQ(f): 10:53am On May 14, 2016
Jamean:

me ro

oyowinre...edevo me ka mre we dede?
Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by beau49: 11:32am On May 14, 2016
KissQ:

hi Beau i have been good o just been hibernating. hope you good too.

Yea....sure I have smiley

1 Like

Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by beau49: 11:34am On May 14, 2016
Moyarh:
Howdy Beau49? Hope you're good?
Still waiting for your response angry
Have a lovely weekend. smiley

Yep...I am.
I have responded to you since....lol
And you too.
Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by beau49: 11:42am On May 14, 2016
NakedSnake:

thanks, was kidding, would take me about 18 hours to read lol and i ain't got that time grin

For being the first to acknowledge me,
ama send you a nice gift as soon as i get a[b] good job [/b]cheesy

cheesy

@bolded In other words there is a new b but it is not good enough.

I sha dey wait my gift....lol
Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by Moyarh(m): 12:11pm On May 14, 2016
beau49:

Yep...I am.
I have responded to you since....lol
And you too.
Lol. Ddnt get it.
Pls resend.
Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by abimbawealth(f): 1:26pm On May 14, 2016
Moyarh:

Good morning Abim. Sorry for the late response.
Hope u'good ?
Have a wonderful weekend smiley
It's alright...yes, I am
A beautiful weekend to you too

1 Like

Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by Philomath1212: 2:08pm On May 14, 2016
NakedSnake:

see you're already laffing at me cry

Lol
Eeeyah, I don't mean that...
Oya speak out and shame the devil.
Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by Jamean(f): 2:19pm On May 14, 2016
KissQ:

oyowinre...edevo me ka mre we dede?
ede awa ikwive ka woke
Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by Jamean(f): 2:20pm On May 14, 2016
Yaaay!
Cutetonye009 is viewing.. its been such a long time. How have you been? smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by slimzey85: 3:05pm On May 14, 2016
Pls any job vacancy
Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by Nobody: 3:22pm On May 14, 2016
Philomath1212:

Lol
Eeeyah, I don't mean that...
Oya speak out and shame the devil.
cry
Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by davide470(m): 3:55pm On May 14, 2016
Jamean:
Yaaay!

Cutetonye009 is viewing.. its been such a long time.
How have you been? smiley
undecided

Did they delete his number from your phone?
Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by Jamean(f): 4:01pm On May 14, 2016
davide470:
undecided
Did they delete his number from your phone?
Yes you did embarassed undecided
Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by KissQ(f): 5:19pm On May 14, 2016
Jamean:

ede awa ikwive ka woke

Ok oyowinre
Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by amicable09(f): 6:01pm On May 14, 2016
Dahveydson:

Amy this is hilarious....in the context of bourgeoisie manipulation, this bourgeoisie merely opted for cheap labour and one that will remain loyal and controllable, still the antics of a typical bourgeoisie.

There are no good or bad bourgeoisie amy...
Lol. Not exactly Dave.
This one is not just giving a man fish but also teaching him how to fish.
Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by amicable09(f): 6:04pm On May 14, 2016
Moyarh:

I duno if you heard the story of a guy (here in lagos) who was the security guard in a graphic design company. He used to draw and show his boss anytime he passed by. Cant recall, but i think he later saved up and went to get proper design training in an academy and poof... his boss was in the know, and he was given an opportunity to show wat he can do and that is how he went from being a security guard to becoming a design manager in the same company.
No matter where u are Amic, ALWAYS add value to yourself. The company may retain tht guy just cos he's saving cost, if he can add more value in some way, im sure he will be rewarded accordingly. This is the same reason why Adeaks's father keeps telling him to develop himself outside of his job. Even the bible says A mans gift will make ways for him.
I still dont see the rationale behind remaining in one spot for that long.

Happy rest-day Amic grin
Hahahaha.
Mo! I'll tell him to do that.
Happy weekend dear.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1024) (1025) (1026) (1027) (1028) (1029) (1030) ... (1490) (Reply)

Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs / Updated-New Job Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.