Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,476 members, 7,816,123 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

Auto Policy: Stallion Motors Unveils Made-in- Nigeria Hyundai Grand - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Auto Policy: Stallion Motors Unveils Made-in- Nigeria Hyundai Grand (50277 Views)

KIA Motors Unveils Multi Billion Naira Plant (25,000 Cars/year) In Lagos / Stallion Group Delivers Made-in-Nigeria Hyundai Vehicles / Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Auto Policy: Stallion Motors Unveils Made-in- Nigeria Hyundai Grand by dgysoft(m): 12:16pm On Oct 22, 2014
una no fit show us the workshop where una couple the motor. kia nija
Re: Auto Policy: Stallion Motors Unveils Made-in- Nigeria Hyundai Grand by manutdadex(m): 12:39pm On Oct 22, 2014
tempex88:
What do they mean by made. In Nigeria? The design is foreign, the metal for fabrication is not from ajaokuta, the interior is imported. Even the technologist/ engineers are foreign. So what makes it made in Nigeria. This govt and lies. Sha.
nigerians will neva sieze to suprise me, dis car is made in Nigeria! D parts mite nt be, even apple buy component frm samsung vice.v! Even laptops dell cannot boast of manufacturin 20% of d components in its laptops.. Una go dey rubish una coutry and dey blame una country una self no knw simple tinz like dis, 66% of personel involve in d makin are Nigerians....!

1 Like

Re: Auto Policy: Stallion Motors Unveils Made-in- Nigeria Hyundai Grand by mack111(m): 12:47pm On Oct 22, 2014
tempex88:
What do they mean by made. In Nigeria? The design is foreign, the metal for fabrication is not from ajaokuta, the interior is imported. Even the technologist/ engineers are foreign. So what makes it made in Nigeria. This govt and lies. Sha.
Re: Auto Policy: Stallion Motors Unveils Made-in- Nigeria Hyundai Grand by mack111(m): 12:47pm On Oct 22, 2014
tempex88:
Mugu, its like u don't understand English. Even if d car components were imported from other countries, nd so?!!! A shoe maker in aba buys parts to make shoes, cos he didn't make d parts on its own doesn't mean d shoe isn't Nigeria Made... This is a recent development that cn boost our economy nd even provide jobs.

1 Like

Re: Auto Policy: Stallion Motors Unveils Made-in- Nigeria Hyundai Grand by manutdadex(m): 12:48pm On Oct 22, 2014
txswat:
Just out of curiosity why don't they EVER show pictures or videos of the ACTUAL car in nigeria when they make these announcements? That youtube video is obviously not it since it's a right hand drive car. SMH.....This is more confusing for the masses!!! How much? What safety standards were used as guidelines? How does this directly benefit the economy? Is there a local content requirement? etc....
nigerians and videos sa!! U one watch video abi, jst make sure say u upload d videos of ur honey moon nite here. And i will get ddat video for u!! If u want to knw aw a car is assembled try utube am sure one go dey there.
Re: Auto Policy: Stallion Motors Unveils Made-in- Nigeria Hyundai Grand by Reference(m): 2:02pm On Oct 22, 2014
Ybholy:
Nigeria can do more better than this ! Our problem is our government . Period

The problem is not government. The problem is you. All the cars you drive, the phones you use, the clothes you wear are not made by government but by people like you some in countries with even or worse indicies than Nigeria. You don't plant trees in a jungle but in a desert to make a difference.
Re: Auto Policy: Stallion Motors Unveils Made-in- Nigeria Hyundai Grand by lastpage: 3:32pm On Oct 22, 2014
Hmmm..... it seems the FORTY LAPTOP CREW have been alerted to come and "work for their pay"!

Just read and see the trend of comments coming out of recent! grin grin grin

BTW: Even if you did not go to school, you should know the difference between "Assembled in Nigeria" and "MADE in Nigeria".
That argument about Laptops not having all their components made in a particular country, does not apply in this instance.

Those countries only import things they cannot manufacture locally or things which manufacturing them locally are not economically viable, to add to those (majority of components) which they already produce for the said Laptop, as an example.
And again, the product would be an "ORIGINAL" for that country.
Neither Hyundai nor the i10 is an indigenous Nigerian product name......Hyundai i10 has been in use all over the world since late 2012 so its not unique to Nigeria at all.

Until we get down to real business (maybe by supporting INNOSSON, improving and stabilizing Electricity without giving silly excuses, taking back from Govt cronies and reviving our moribund Steel Plants like Ajaokuta, stop supporting corrupt and inept Govts/Leaders, e.t.c), until then, we will only be living in a fools paradise and deceiving ourselves like the Ostrich that buries its head in the sand, just to escape reality!

Reality is WE PRODUCE NOTHING!
Not because we are incapable or dont have the ingenuity, but because we lack the infrastructure required to produce or have any meaningful development.
"Vision-less leaders" can lead a vision! A Nation without Vision may perish eventually or at best, remain underdeveloped for eternity!

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Auto Policy: Stallion Motors Unveils Made-in- Nigeria Hyundai Grand by Nobody: 3:47pm On Oct 22, 2014
What has government got to do with this, was there any quote from any government official from the write up.

Why do we always criticise government for everything even in our personal failures. As an individual what have you contributed to the betterment of this country since the last 4 years.

Let's not be blinded by criticising government for everything, we all have a part to play as a matter of fact we are the government.

Long live Nigeria!

tempex88:
[b][/b]
Re: Auto Policy: Stallion Motors Unveils Made-in- Nigeria Hyundai Grand by jpphilips(m): 4:31pm On Oct 22, 2014
Reference:

Then complain about the economy. Yeah. Unemployment all the way!! We still cannot link ourselves, our survival, our progress with our environment. That is the perhaps biggest problem of the African. Its always personal.

Well, I really wanted to agree with you but you and I know that so long as corruption exist, the whole economic strides will amount to nothing.
How about tackling corruption so that the best people can get the the best jobs on merit, before anticipating for paper jobs
I wont be surprised if every person working in that plant to the gate man is indian, jobs indeed!!
Re: Auto Policy: Stallion Motors Unveils Made-in- Nigeria Hyundai Grand by zik4ever: 4:39pm On Oct 22, 2014
Good day all,
Talking of this Stallion motors, I have picked interest in Nissan products especially the Qashqai +2. Nissan motors in Nigeria are currently being sold by Stallion Nissan Nigeria Ltd. Now, I wish to know if the Nissan cars they sell are directly made in/imported from Japan, Europe or Nissan South Africa? I would imagine a direct Japanese production would be of higher quality/spec or grade? Would also appreciate any comment on these Nissan brand new cars especially the Qashqai relative to say its equivalent among the Koreans or all these South African Toyotas/Hondas.
Re: Auto Policy: Stallion Motors Unveils Made-in- Nigeria Hyundai Grand by chibuike65: 4:42pm On Oct 22, 2014
How much?
Re: Auto Policy: Stallion Motors Unveils Made-in- Nigeria Hyundai Grand by sunwana1(m): 4:57pm On Oct 22, 2014
THUMBS UP 9ja. looks like the ACCENT grin
Re: Auto Policy: Stallion Motors Unveils Made-in- Nigeria Hyundai Grand by FlyboyZee: 4:57pm On Oct 22, 2014
chibuike65:
How much?
Next time, read the opening post before commenting.
Re: Auto Policy: Stallion Motors Unveils Made-in- Nigeria Hyundai Grand by sekzy99(m): 5:26pm On Oct 22, 2014
i need a job onboard a ship, studied marine engineering. Have my stcw 95,medical n discharge book ready. Momlilyseyi@gmail.com or 08023373302Thanks
Re: Auto Policy: Stallion Motors Unveils Made-in- Nigeria Hyundai Grand by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 22, 2014
tempex88:

You, and the people who 'liked' your comments are compound illiterates with zero knowledge of how the automative industry operates. For your information, no car maker on earth has all its parts manufactured in-country or in-house. Virtually everything they use to assemble their vehicles is sourced from various vehicle component manufacturers from across the globe. All the car plant does is build or 'assemble' the vehicle using those parts. The car manufacturer rarely manufactures their own parts. In the UK for instance, they have BMW, Honda, Toyota, etc with assembly plants there producing vehicles (over 1 million per annum), and these vehicles are all 'foreign designed' with parts sourced from across the globe. Britain today, despite this, is seen as a major car manufacturing nation. Nobody there says ''Ah.. the Honda brand is not designed in the UK, neither was the BMW, nor were the interior parts made in UK so it is not a made in UK vehicle''. Only ILLITERATES IN NIGERIA REASON LIKE THAT. Fact is WHEREVER a vehicle is built, which is the SAME THING as ''assembled'' is where the vehicle was built. SIMPLE. South Africa today produces 300,000 cars per annum. 95% of that output is from international manufacturers like BMW, Toyota, Hyundai etc etc based in South Africa. The vehicle industry provides jobs and livelihood to millions of South Africans, while enhancing technological development, through the rise of many ancillary services. Nigeria is doing exactly the same thing now. Meanwhile our resident negative-minded, ignorant semi-literates, rather than go learn about the industry, can only pour scorn on what they know nothing about. If you want to contribute to 'indigenization' of the car industry, why not go and learn how to manufacture a component so you can sell to the manufacturers? Is that not what folks do in SA, China, India? Do you expect govt to establish component manufacturing plants too? Instead of you to see the developments as an opportunity to contribute, all you can do is pour scorn. Sit there waiting for govt to wipe your noses. Stupi.d, ignorant mumus.

1 Like

Re: Auto Policy: Stallion Motors Unveils Made-in- Nigeria Hyundai Grand by 4C2215131: 6:54pm On Oct 22, 2014
Mutuwa:

Heard this spec is hard to maintain esp when it comes to spare part availability..how tru?

Prior to purchasing it, I had a 2006 S65 AMG being maintained by a white friend who's gone back home (USA) so, I'd no issues with maintenance as he was a guru.

Before the 2007 came in I created a thread here asking folks' input on where to get proper service. Was directed to Mercedes at Lekki. In a nut shell it's about purchasing a low mileage, well maintained vehicle and keeping up with the maintenance culture. I adhere to the letter every admonition given me in my maintenance manual. Don't know if you've seen one but MB cars (or should I say the S classes I own and have owned) came with user guides that is operation manual, heck! The Command system has it's own user guide! And Maintenance manual.

So all I do is whip out my manual, listen to my onboard computer and drive right. Finito, never had a problem with my fat arsed S65 AMG (some faithful lady she is and you should see all the wooing she gets when we go out together). Something 'bout a Mercedes. Something...un-definable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Auto Policy: Stallion Motors Unveils Made-in- Nigeria Hyundai Grand by tempex88(m): 6:58pm On Oct 22, 2014
ROSSIKE:

You, and the people who 'liked' your comments are compound illiterates with zero knowledge of how the automative industry operates. For your information, no car maker on earth has all its parts manufactured in-country or in-house. Virtually everything they use to assemble their vehicles is sourced from various vehicle component manufacturers from across the globe. All the car plant does is build or 'assemble' the vehicle using those parts. The car manufacturer rarely manufactures their own parts. In the UK for instance, they have BMW, Honda, Toyota, etc with assembly plants there producing vehicles (over 1 million per annum), and these vehicles are all 'foreign designed' with parts sourced from across the globe. Britain today, despite this, is seen as a major car manufacturing nation. Nobody there says ''Ah.. the Honda brand is not designed in the UK, neither was the BMW, nor were the interior parts made in UK so it is not a made in UK vehicle''. Only ILLITERATES IN NIGERIA REASON LIKE THAT. Fact is WHEREVER a vehicle is built, which is the SAME THING as ''assembled'' is where the vehicle was built. SIMPLE. South Africa today produces 300,000 cars per annum. 95% of that output is from international manufacturers like BMW, Toyota, Hyundai etc etc based in South Africa. The vehicle industry provides jobs and livelihood to millions of South Africans, while enhancing technological development, through the rise of many ancillary services. Nigeria is doing exactly the same thing now. Meanwhile our resident negative-minded, ignorant semi-literates, rather than go learn about the industry, can only pour scorn on what they know nothing about. If you want to contribute to 'indigenization' of the car industry, why not go and learn how to manufacture a component so you can sell to the manufacturers? Is that not what folks do in SA, China, India? Do you expect govt to establish component manufacturing plants too? Instead of you to see the developments as an opportunity to contribute, all you can do is pour scorn. Sit there waiting for govt to wipe your noses. Stupi.d, ignorant mumus.

Mr Oga, We see power companies advert on the pages of newspaper. how many auto company adverts have you seen. When we make policies, it is for a purpose... of what purpose is a car with no local content? And am sure you have not noticed Stallion manufactures three different brands of cars..... is it not obvious they fueled the auto policy.

And next time you want to comment on a post attack the Idea, not the person(s) involved.
Re: Auto Policy: Stallion Motors Unveils Made-in- Nigeria Hyundai Grand by 4C2215131: 6:58pm On Oct 22, 2014
Mutuwa:

Heard this spec is hard to maintain esp when it comes to spare part availability..how tru?

With regard to spare parts availability, that is not a headache for me. Place my orders directly and get it shipped in-straight from the source.
Re: Auto Policy: Stallion Motors Unveils Made-in- Nigeria Hyundai Grand by tempex88(m): 7:01pm On Oct 22, 2014
sunwa:
What has government got to do with this, was there any quote from any government official from the write up.

Why do we always criticise government for everything even in our personal failures. As an individual what have you contributed to the betterment of this country since the last 4 years.

Let's not be blinded by criticising government for everything, we all have a part to play as a matter of fact we are the government.

Long live Nigeria!

[b][/b]

Government made the policy that fueling this noise that we now manufacture cars. When Peugeot was assembled in Kaduna, 80% of the parts were from Nigeria...battery, radiator, etc. only engine was from France. And as an individual, one of my contribution is constructive criticism.
Re: Auto Policy: Stallion Motors Unveils Made-in- Nigeria Hyundai Grand by tempex88(m): 7:02pm On Oct 22, 2014
mack111:
Mugu, its like u don't understand English. Even if d car components were imported from other countries, nd so?!!! A shoe maker in aba buys parts to make shoes, cos he didn't make d parts on its own doesn't mean d shoe isn't Nigeria Made... This is a recent development that cn boost our economy nd even provide jobs.

Well said... at least the shoe maker is Nigerian. Next time u dont call human u can not create mugu. if u dont want to be one.
Re: Auto Policy: Stallion Motors Unveils Made-in- Nigeria Hyundai Grand by tempex88(m): 7:04pm On Oct 22, 2014
manutdadex:
nigerians will neva sieze to suprise me, dis car is made in Nigeria! D parts mite nt be, even apple buy component frm samsung vice.v! Even laptops dell cannot boast of manufacturin 20% of d components in its laptops.. Una go dey rubish una coutry and dey blame una country una self no knw simple tinz like dis, 66% of personel involve in d makin are Nigerians....!

66%... how? where did you get your data from? how you seen advert of stallion on newspaper pages?
Re: Auto Policy: Stallion Motors Unveils Made-in- Nigeria Hyundai Grand by tempex88(m): 7:07pm On Oct 22, 2014
Rexyl:
Are the cars not made in Nigeria? You should be thanking God and people He is using to bring new things to your country. You better stop being a man of little faith. Your country is going better and aiming higher but some people are still being infected by pull it down virus. Man begin to see hope in the future of your country. We know very soon more Nigerian engineers and scientists will be engaged in the company. Beside my place is Nigerian Brewries where majority of the beneficiaries of opportunities there are Nigerians like you.

Do small research on Stallion, you will understand better. Why is it always stallion? the other day, it was GEJ with the key of a Nissan Jeep. only them manufacture three different brands of cars. is it not obvious the auto policy is for them
Re: Auto Policy: Stallion Motors Unveils Made-in- Nigeria Hyundai Grand by tempex88(m): 7:09pm On Oct 22, 2014
Homguy:
So everybody working at Toyota factories are Japanese? Or BMW Germany does not import parts? Its made in Nigeria because it was assembled/manufactured on Nigerian soil. QED.

You said it all...assembled/manufactured on Nigerian soil. QED

1 Like

Re: Auto Policy: Stallion Motors Unveils Made-in- Nigeria Hyundai Grand by pinne: 7:46pm On Oct 22, 2014
For me, I think this is a step in the right direction for a journey of a million miles begins with a step. The ripple effects of having cars coupled in Nigeria is huge, think of the supporting industries that will emerge, the employments and so forth. Men, thumbs up Naija.
Re: Auto Policy: Stallion Motors Unveils Made-in- Nigeria Hyundai Grand by emmatok(m): 7:48pm On Oct 22, 2014
[s]
ROSSIKE:

[/s]

Do your reseach before insulting people online.

This is not Hyundai Motor Company

This is STALLION Motors is a subsidiary of stalliongroup.

Owned by the Vaswani Family

They are major importers in Nigeria for over 40 years.

http://stalliongroup.com/aboutus/promoters-management.asp

https://www.nairaland.com/244769/1.6b-fraud-efcc-arrests-vaswani
Re: Auto Policy: Stallion Motors Unveils Made-in- Nigeria Hyundai Grand by Mutuwa(m): 7:56pm On Oct 22, 2014
4C2215131:

With regard to spare parts availability, that is not a headache for me. Place my orders directly and get it shipped in-straight from the source.

Waw...dts fantastic..i luv d "s" class n pray to own one soon.I own a "C" tho.
Nice one..
Re: Auto Policy: Stallion Motors Unveils Made-in- Nigeria Hyundai Grand by Rexyl(m): 8:10pm On Oct 22, 2014
tempex88:

Do small research on Stallion, you will understand better. Why is it always stallion? the other day, it was GEJ with the key of a Nissan Jeep. only them manufacture three different brands of cars. is it not obvious the auto policy is for them
... Nigeria go better and the transformation has started already. We should just hope for the best and turn the right attitude.

1 Like

Re: Auto Policy: Stallion Motors Unveils Made-in- Nigeria Hyundai Grand by 4C2215131: 8:33pm On Oct 22, 2014
Mutuwa:

Waw...dts fantastic..i luv d "s" class n pray to own one soon.I own a "C" tho.
Nice one..

Just keep believing and putting in work and prayers and I promise you that, that Beast of a car would someday be yours.
Re: Auto Policy: Stallion Motors Unveils Made-in- Nigeria Hyundai Grand by Mutuwa(m): 8:35pm On Oct 22, 2014
4C2215131:

Just keep believing and putting in work and prayers and I promise you that, that Beast of a car would someday be yours.

smiley Appreciate..
Re: Auto Policy: Stallion Motors Unveils Made-in- Nigeria Hyundai Grand by mrgreen4real(m): 11:15pm On Oct 22, 2014
tempex88:
Maybe they should rename it "assembled in nigeria" not "made in nigeria"
Re: Auto Policy: Stallion Motors Unveils Made-in- Nigeria Hyundai Grand by Rainmaker69(m): 7:06am On Oct 23, 2014
Too much grammar dey spoil market. How much is d car?
If there is no technology transfer then at least the cars should be cheaper. Otherwise, we're only fooling ourselves. #shikena.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Charged N953k By Mechanic After His Car Broke Down In Lekki Flood / Working On A Clients Car, An Then I Saw This / Is Innoson IVM G80 A Rebadged Chinese-Made BAIC BJ80 SUV? See The Similarities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.