Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,648 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Auto Policy: Stallion Motors Unveils Made-in- Nigeria Hyundai Grand - Car Talk (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Auto Policy: Stallion Motors Unveils Made-in- Nigeria Hyundai Grand (50283 Views)

KIA Motors Unveils Multi Billion Naira Plant (25,000 Cars/year) In Lagos / Stallion Group Delivers Made-in-Nigeria Hyundai Vehicles / Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Auto Policy: Stallion Motors Unveils Made-in- Nigeria Hyundai Grand by zik4ever: 10:50am On Oct 23, 2014
Any feedback on this please?
zik4ever:
Good day all,
Talking of this Stallion motors, I have picked interest in Nissan products especially the Qashqai +2. Nissan motors in Nigeria are currently being sold by Stallion Nissan Nigeria Ltd. Now, I wish to know if the Nissan cars they sell are directly made in/imported from Japan, Europe or Nissan South Africa? I would imagine a direct Japanese production would be of higher quality/spec or grade? Would also appreciate any comment on these Nissan brand new cars especially the Qashqai relative to say its equivalent among the Koreans or all these South African Toyotas/Hondas.
Re: Auto Policy: Stallion Motors Unveils Made-in- Nigeria Hyundai Grand by talima(m): 3:28pm On Oct 23, 2014
tempex88:
What do they mean by made. In Nigeria? The design is foreign, the metal for fabrication is not from ajaokuta, the interior is imported. Even the technologist/ engineers are foreign. So what makes it made in Nigeria. This govt and lies. Sha.
the twow prepositions that confused you. In and by. Made in Nigeria is that d car, was made in Nigeria. How it was made, none of my business. Made by Nigeria is made by Nigeria with all it think abt. How many company is own by nigeria that is in nigeria.
Re: Auto Policy: Stallion Motors Unveils Made-in- Nigeria Hyundai Grand by jcccccc: 5:22pm On Oct 23, 2014
This same people killed VOLKSWAGEN OF NIGERIA (VON) and now they want to frustrate any real nigerian that wants to manufacture cars locally and as slaves you welcome and clap for them

that is what u like, being slaves to indians, u want them to dominate every part of our economy, how many nigerians are manufacturing indomie in india. we must kick these retards out of our economy if we want to progress as a nation
Re: Auto Policy: Stallion Motors Unveils Made-in- Nigeria Hyundai Grand by txswat: 9:49pm On Oct 23, 2014
manutdadex:
nigerians and videos sa!! U one watch video abi, jst make sure say u upload d videos of ur honey moon nite here. And i will get ddat video for u!! If u want to knw aw a car is assembled try utube am sure one go dey there.

Na wa o.... I guess asking for concrete evidence that is common practice in other industralized countries is asking for too much.
Re: Auto Policy: Stallion Motors Unveils Made-in- Nigeria Hyundai Grand by Thomsbuky(m): 12:01am On Oct 24, 2014
ROSSIKE:

[b]You, and the people who 'liked' your comments are compound illiterates with zero knowledge of how the automative industry operates.[[/b]/b] For your information, no car maker on earth has all its parts manufactured in-country or in-house. Virtually everything they use to assemble their vehicles is sourced from various vehicle component manufacturers from across the globe. All the car plant does is build or 'assemble' t[b] Sit there waiting for govt to wipe your noses. Stupi.d, ignorant mumus.[b][/b]

Some of the point you raised make sense, until I read your first and last statement...You're supporting your thought fair enough..while other people idea, thought, read see thing in different perspective also make sense....To you sourcing parts abroad and assemble cars with labour means the car is made in Nigeria... while other argue, we should be using our (Raw Material) e.g steel to produce most component of these car here in Nigeria, e.g. steel body moulder, car seat, interior leaders etc all these material available through our local supplier make sense. As it will help to reduce overhead cost of sourcing parts, as imported goods cost reduces our foreign exchanege reserve. Assembly cars here in Nigeria is not a new thing, As history will tell us Nigerian fail to learn lesson. Do you remember like of Volkswagen, Peugeot automobile of Nigerian, Nissan etc? Once these multinational companies remits enough profits abroad it fades away...However, if we have real local production of components parts, it will sustain and maintain our made in Nigeria car. (should we have one). We can export some of these car component to other manufacture and earn foreign hard currency. In my own opinion infrastructures of producing capital goods like car in Nigeria are not available in economics terms scares in Nigeria. My conclusion will be Assembled manufacture Nigeria car not fully made in Nigeria car as op want us to believe.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Charged N953k By Mechanic After His Car Broke Down In Lekki Flood / Working On A Clients Car, An Then I Saw This / Is Innoson IVM G80 A Rebadged Chinese-Made BAIC BJ80 SUV? See The Similarities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.