Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,741 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. - Sports (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. (55275 Views)

Jay-jay Okocha Celebrates His 42nd Birthday Today / Who Is The Most Successful Nigerian In Epl History? / Final Three World Best Players Nominees (fifa Ballon D Or) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by skentelelady(f): 9:52pm On Oct 23, 2014
miqos02:
The coach said he would have sacked him

Yes oo but i would bench him for the rest of the season cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by tuffgongjo(m): 9:53pm On Oct 23, 2014
gidjah:
U got that right dear,that guys stay in europe was totally marred wit controversies of manY kind:anger,disobedience to leaderhsip,pride etc!
His spitting was the final nail in his coffin,figuratively.
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by fammy101(m): 9:53pm On Oct 23, 2014
[color=#000099][/color]I no see Kanu dia................
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by chucky234(m): 10:00pm On Oct 23, 2014
agrovick:

he didnt win player of the month and yet he ended up with the best young player of the season, i remember mourinho complained abt hazard being overlooked for the player of the month. U saying hazard is overrated is total balderdash. I will advice you go to youtube and watch as much clips of him as you can find
lol youtube, even players in Enyimba got more than enough clips in youtube.
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by rashygenius: 10:02pm On Oct 23, 2014
[quote author=timothyuche1 post=27342157]Where is Hazard, Costa, Mikel Obi, Van daa Saar, Layman, (abi keeper no follow for players)
They are not serious [/quote
guy commot Mikel...2goals in over 150matches..Keepers sef get goal pass Mikel
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by kliq(m): 10:02pm On Oct 23, 2014
gidjah:
I TELL YOU,YOU HAV GOT to be old school footcall lover before matchin up wit such names as di mateo,paul ince, etc.so happy to be part of this in d good old days when football was more for fun and not these...

You can say that again,not so old school as most where in the mid 90's....it was really fun back then as a young fan.
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by Komex(m): 10:05pm On Oct 23, 2014
ROSSIKE:

(69) Nicky Butt

More like Nicky's Butt.

Where is Stephen Keshi?
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by timothyuche1(m): 10:15pm On Oct 23, 2014
[quote author=rashygenius post=27397544][/quote]
Lol
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by Neytron4U: 10:27pm On Oct 23, 2014
Okoacha is the bomb..i remember the curling free kick he score against aston villa.kanu name should be included also.
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by xtervaganza(m): 10:28pm On Oct 23, 2014
chucky234:
It is useless exchanging words with a discombobulated chronic goon, Hazard is overrated.

At club level Hazard scored mere 36 goals in 149 games for Lille, 26 goals in 90 games for Chelsea and just 6 goals in 55 games for Belgium.
Suarez scored 112 goals in 130 games for Ajax and scored 30 goals in 31 games for Liverpool last season which is 4 goals higher than what Hazard has managed for Chelsea in 90 games.
you're comparing a striker with a playmaker. You're a genius, aren't you?

Football illiterate

1 Like

Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by write2obi(m): 10:34pm On Oct 23, 2014
rawpadgin:
& about 27 of them played for man united
5 Manchester United players in the top 10 #GGMU.
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by Sammyblaq(m): 10:38pm On Oct 23, 2014
if kanu is not on that list having played @arsenal with lots of impacts made....i'l say 'oga seun close this thread'
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by austelright(m): 10:39pm On Oct 23, 2014
what is Micheal Carrick name doing on that list, that ought to be playing in division ll.
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by dayoade2007(m): 11:33pm On Oct 23, 2014
chucky234:
Cech is on the list, your Hazard is average and way overrated.
I pity your condition wit dat statement dat Hazard is overrated, guess u must be high or sumtin
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by ToyinDipo(m): 11:34pm On Oct 23, 2014
How come they didn't rank Howard Webb, the manu super sub.

1 Like

Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by hemor(m): 11:41pm On Oct 23, 2014
the people that compiled this list must either be high or the number doesn't matter.
1. all time EPL best player should be Alan Shearer. the fact he played for a small club doesn't mean he does not deserve it.
2. why the f!ck is Luis Suarez higher than RVP and Fabregas?
4. why is Kompany above Bale?
5. what is Ashley Cole doing on the list on number 16 for that matter. the only good thing i remember about him is the Ronaldo dribble. watching the video always make me laugh anytime i am sad.
6. why is Hazard not on the list? Suarez joined EPL 2011 but he only shined last season and his name is on the list. Hazard joined EPL 2012 and has been shinning since but not on the list

1 Like

Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by Ricardo2400(m): 12:30am On Oct 24, 2014
timothyuche1:
Where is Hazard, Costa, Mikel Obi, Van daa Saar, Layman, (abi keeper no follow for players)
They are not serious

Awon Chelsea fans!! What has Costa done to be on the list...
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by Ricardo2400(m): 12:33am On Oct 24, 2014
hemor:
the people that compiled this list must either be high or the number doesn't matter.
1. all time EPL best player should be Alan Shearer. the fact he played for a small club doesn't mean he does not deserve it.
2. why the f!ck is Luis Suarez higher than RVP and Fabregas?
4. why is Kompany above Bale?
5. what is Ashley Cole doing on the list on number 16 for that matter. the only good thing i remember about him is the Ronaldo dribble. watching the video always make me laugh anytime i am sad.
6. why is Hazard not on the list? Suarez joined EPL 2011 but he only shined last season and his name is on the list. Hazard joined EPL 2012 and has been shinning since but not on the list
Its not about shining, has Hazard won the epl before? What has Hazard achieved in the epl, if chelsea plays witout Hazard they would stil win comfortably, Suarez made more influence in the epl than both of those players u mentioned
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by Ricardo2400(m): 12:39am On Oct 24, 2014
tuffgongjo:
A player who won french player of the year back to back @ 20$21,young player of the year 18$19,for his age he wasn't average in france.
In his two years in england he has made team of d season twice,he won young player in his first season$was nominated for the best player in his second$you say that is avearge?
I wouldn't say Hazard is overrated but I wouldn't call him a world class player either, he Is not in the same bracket as Bale or Suarez...he goes missing in games atimes, mancity vs chelsea this season comes to mind
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by Nobody: 12:40am On Oct 24, 2014
Reference:

Ah, ah. What's wrong with you folks. There are enough 'best player' awards and ratings. This is not one of them. It is rather in the mould of the '100 Most Influential People' that international mags publish annually.

If you conducted a poll of the top 100 players who made the Premiership what it is, this is what you get. Is the Premiership the most technical league competition....no. So this list is not a technical assessment of individual players. It is a 'who is who' of Premiership history.
Aiite.. fenks
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by Ricardo2400(m): 12:44am On Oct 24, 2014
arsetalks:
When Kompany is in the top 30, you should know it is a rubbish list.
Its obvious you don't know what the list is about, a dude that has captained to epl champion teams...smh
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by OlufemiWhit(m): 12:59am On Oct 24, 2014
Nice list
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by gtcoolboy(m): 3:22am On Oct 24, 2014
nice one bro i love this wink wink
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by ichommy(m): 4:22am On Oct 24, 2014
cheesy
kliq:

Hazard/Costa are rookies in the league...for Mikel? maybe when the list is extended to 1-500 lipsrsealed
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by obitobe: 4:37am On Oct 24, 2014
David is overrated that's the British way of marketing. Too much hype.
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by M4gunners: 4:59am On Oct 24, 2014
Paretomaster:

168 goals for a winger bro, started playing for United at d age of 17, d only player to score in all season.

Oldest player to score in d UCL at 37yrs 289 days.
13 EPL, 4 FA cup

Won d BBC sport personality of d Year 3 times, and have never been sent of d field before in his club career.

Give it up for Giggs he is BABA.
I you through with your Jaja quote?Oldest player to score in CL, i just laugh at you.Then Francisco Toti is the youngest i guess . We are talking about EPL not CL bro.If you go that far,then you have to forget this argument because Henry stood in podium 3 good times for WORLD FTBALLER OF THE YEAR did you see me mention it before? Titi won 3 straight highest goal scorer and the only player to win it 4 times.The only thing that makes sense here in my opinion is that Giggs has never been sent off of Field in his Career.
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by tuffgongjo(m): 5:39am On Oct 24, 2014
Ricardo2400:

I wouldn't say Hazard is overrated but I wouldn't call him a world class player either, he Is not in the same bracket as Bale or Suarez...he goes missing in games atimes, mancity vs chelsea this season comes to mind
He can be accused of an off day which happens to every player Messi$Cristiano included,but saying he is average,that is tantamount to rubbish.
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by Nobody: 5:52am On Oct 24, 2014
papadjaji:
Y do people always get this wrong?
It is a common thing in the south east of Nigeria to give people pet name that are repeating/double in nature. eg. chichi, nónò (pronounced nornoh) etc.
Pls note that it has nothing to do with our show of emphasis (eg lie lie, waka waka, play play etc.)

When it comes to skills, at least in super eagles, there was none and yet no sign of any one close to Jay Jay...
After everytn has bn said and done. The guy is from d south-south,nt south-east. Deltan.
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by Edmomd(m): 6:10am On Oct 24, 2014
tuffgongjo:
Far from it,he is just in his 3rd epl season so he won't be on d list.
If Hazard just joined, what about Nemnja Matic?
Re: Jay Jay Listed In 100 Best Players In EPL History. by Antell95(m): 6:26am On Oct 24, 2014
M4gunners:
WTF is Ryan Giggs name doing there @ first position when Thierry Henry supposed to be? And why is Ruud Van too down?Where is Alhaji douf,Ben McCarty,Okocha name suppose to be top 50.

Mtcheeew! mind the way you talk about British most decorated player

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Sunday Oliseh To Emerge As Nigeria's New Coach - BBC Sport / Meet Joel Obi's Wife And Son (Photos) / Okocha Annoying Hype

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.