Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,499 members, 7,830,506 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Update On The National Conference? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update On The National Conference? (21552 Views)

Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east / Update On Diepreye Alamieyeseigha’s Death / Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update On The National Conference? by Gorgeous58(f): 7:55am On Oct 22, 2014
Old story. Forget those people
Re: Update On The National Conference? by sekzy99(m): 7:58am On Oct 22, 2014
i need a job onboard a ship, studied marine engineering. Have my stcw 95,medical n discharge book ready. Momlilyseyi@gmail.com or 08023373302Thanks
Re: Update On The National Conference? by buskeh(m): 8:01am On Oct 22, 2014
Abeg u get #500 naira change? Mek i settle customer
Re: Update On The National Conference? by Uchwilliam(m): 8:05am On Oct 22, 2014
buskeh:
Abeg u get #500 naira change? Mek i settle customer
lol...no mind dem

1 Like

Re: Update On The National Conference? by mbhs139(m): 8:07am On Oct 22, 2014
It was in the news yesterday; a group has taken the presidency to court, they want the court to determine (declaratory demand) whether the president has the power to convene a national conference.

Now, this is how the matter will go back-and-forth until we'll all forget there was even a national conference, to the extent that it will be even be irritating to our hearing and and that'll be it. gbam!
Re: Update On The National Conference? by mercauly: 8:11am On Oct 22, 2014
Where is our dignified EFCC, have they been completely silenced or what... Hhhmmm. Nigeria good people, good nation
Re: Update On The National Conference? by tobyte24: 8:17am On Oct 22, 2014

funny man
Re: Update On The National Conference? by clemzo101(m): 8:19am On Oct 22, 2014
If u ask me, na who I go ask grin
Re: Update On The National Conference? by Nobody: 8:22am On Oct 22, 2014
Let's bring beauty to your events through graphics

Re: Update On The National Conference? by LaRoyalHighness(f): 8:26am On Oct 22, 2014
Waste of uncountable trillions of naira.
Re: Update On The National Conference? by CMARY(m): 8:26am On Oct 22, 2014
Am working on the report now. I will present it by noon today.
Re: Update On The National Conference? by xtianh(m): 8:29am On Oct 22, 2014
henryobinna:
why you dey lie like this?

what party is pastor Tunde Bakare?

In my state all the people that were in the conference are all members and caucus of pdp both new and old...
if u want i will name them for you.

Though he said virtually, so go get a dictionary

3 Likes

Re: Update On The National Conference? by deletrue: 8:34am On Oct 22, 2014
tollu:
The CONference is over and if the past is anything to go by, forgotten.
PDP: Chopping our money since 1999

Hopefully, someone with knowledge on the current status of things will let us know what's up.
Some of the bad wishers in the country. Always plotting down Nigeria. National conference is forgotton. PDP chopping our money since 1999.
Tufiakwa.
Re: Update On The National Conference? by xtianh(m): 8:35am On Oct 22, 2014
Make them better bring the 10000pages make we use am go toilet or give am to Iya ala akara for proper usage...
grin grin grin
Re: Update On The National Conference? by cannonnier(m): 8:37am On Oct 22, 2014
GlorifiedTunde:
But seriously, isn't there anything we can all do from here. I mean we shouldn't underestimate the power of social media. We can raise an uproar, somehow I guess undecided

We're dead we don't, we don't have one voice,
That's why I laugh when some people come on here and start saying younger people should be given space to rule. They are telling nonsense.
In politics you don't wait to be given space, you take it, you fight for it and the ability to fight is another quality of a good leader, since we can't fight we can't be good leaders.
................................................................No internet rumbullion will do nothing.

1 Like

Re: Update On The National Conference? by deletrue: 8:37am On Oct 22, 2014
domack99:
Any idea on the status of national conference report. What is going on, any development.
Thanks very much. We know those who are always wishing Nigeria upward and forward. We really like to know the progress made because the National conference intention was for good.

1 Like

Re: Update On The National Conference? by henryobinna(m): 8:42am On Oct 22, 2014
xtianh:

In my state all the people that were in the conference are all members and caucus of pdp both new and old...
if u want i will name them for you.

Though he said virtually, so go get a dictionary
ok, thanks
Re: Update On The National Conference? by tayokem(m): 8:42am On Oct 22, 2014
neenar:
When Buhari said the conference wouldn't bring any outcome, he was accused of being evil-minded and was cursed left, right, center. Now, he has been vindicated.

Jonathan obviously did it to pacify people in view of the 2015 elections. It achieved one thing, though: the delegates and contractors came out richer!
we are always too.much in a hurry and thats why.the country is not moving forward. give mr president time to convince the senae to look into it. our main problem is that we re too militsrised to appreciate democratic procedure

1 Like

Re: Update On The National Conference? by obailala(m): 8:54am On Oct 22, 2014
Tinubu is a prophet after all... I remember when he returned from an overseas medical trip and was interviewed about his opinion on the proposed national conference. He simply described the proposed conference as deceptive and diversionary.

He was about the first to foresee the conference as a waste of time, resources and as a deceptive political scheme by GEJ/PDP... I remember how we all criticized him for being an evil clueless opposition undecided

1 Like

Re: Update On The National Conference? by rockiedink(m): 8:54am On Oct 22, 2014
Were you told that only PDP members were in the conference? Or did you not realise it was an all inclusive conference?

tollu:
The CONference is over and if the past is anything to go by, forgotten.
PDP: Chopping our money since 1999

Hopefully, someone with knowledge on the current status of things will let us know what's up.
Re: Update On The National Conference? by otujep: 9:01am On Oct 22, 2014
sincerely,i wonder when our great country,suddenly became a laughing stock to all nations.its really a big shame that nothing good can come out of our rulers.

1 Like

Re: Update On The National Conference? by gratiaeo(m): 9:02am On Oct 22, 2014
Kangaroo conference is dead and buried
GEJ is a mistake we may likely make in 2015 again because as it stand today, we still have no choice.
We can't just vote Buhari with corruption personifies like Atiku, Slva, Ngige, Tinubu etc in the same party

1 Like

Re: Update On The National Conference? by eightsin(m): 9:02am On Oct 22, 2014
The usual!!! Expecting nothing new but twill be nice for them to surprise us.
Re: Update On The National Conference? by godunia(m): 9:03am On Oct 22, 2014
http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2014/10/15/reps-approve-71-amendments-to-nigerian-constitution/
This link is d latest and the senate yesterday adopted this review to d constitution.
Re: Update On The National Conference? by lonelydora: 9:07am On Oct 22, 2014
2015 on everybody's mind.
Re: Update On The National Conference? by Ogbodavies(m): 9:08am On Oct 22, 2014
they were given text book to study in less than a week.....
Re: Update On The National Conference? by cannonnier(m): 9:13am On Oct 22, 2014
gratiaeo:
Kangaroo conference is dead and buried
GEJ is a mistake we may likely make in 2015 again because as it stand today, we still have no choice.
We can't just vote Buhari with corruption personifies like Atiku, Slva, Ngige, Tinubu etc in the same party

Since you have agreed that JEG is a mistake and you you wont vote buhari, why not abstain from election or vote apga undecided
Re: Update On The National Conference? by jahbiz: 9:14am On Oct 22, 2014
Obama:- Why do you have so many committees in your administration?
Jones:- I will set up committee to look into that.
One committee is looking into the report while another one is waiting till we forget about the whole thing and ask them no more. The purpose of the conference to the facilitators is quite different from what we are expecting.

1 Like

Re: Update On The National Conference? by obomobo: 9:17am On Oct 22, 2014
story story once upon a time... And nigerians lived happily end after

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Amina J. Mohammed As Profiled By The United Nations / Ambode & Dangote Welcome Faure Gnassingbe To Nigeria(photos) / A Nairalander Wants To Represent Ijero-Ekiti In The Ekiti House Of Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.