Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,735 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:13 PM

Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly - TV/Movies (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly (76066 Views)

Reps Bill To Break Monopoly Of DSTV Passes Through 2nd Reading / Dstv Monopoly Too Costly For Nigerians! / Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by Nobody: 6:06am On Oct 24, 2014
GERALD710:
Nigerians boast much about...Nothing.
Okay South Africa.Yeah.Crime,Aids Capital of the World.
Yet South Africa produces 45,000 MW of power.Nigeria barely 3000MW.
78% of S.A are on the Electricity grid
Nigeria has 130 million people in peramanent darkness and the other 70 million have less power than Somali refugees at Kenya's Dadaab refugee camp.
South Africa is an Industrial power and a member of BRICS.
Has Nigeria been invited to a similar Bloc??
Healthwise:Nigeria still has polio. and a higher infant mortality rate than war torn South Sudan.
Oh.If South Africa is so bad,why do Nigerians flee to S.A and not vice versa
And why do South African brands dominate in NigeriaAnd none in S.A??
Am not South African btw.Am Kenyan.We have our own stable generator free power supply,No Polio and our own brands!!! Safaricom Nakumatt and Uchumi are all
Kenyan!!
Gbam!

By the way, they fight and hate everyone but you will find them everywhere. Really, humans are good otherwise they would be chased away from these countries they seem to loathe and insult daily. Maybe its frustration, so this is their coping skill.

2 Likes

Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by Olaone1: 6:10am On Oct 24, 2014
Silly move
Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by Olaone1: 6:32am On Oct 24, 2014
Our so-called billionaires would rather buy up corporations like NEPA where you (Nigerians) have got no choice whatsoever. Good or bad service, you've got to pay.

Any business that requires cutting-edge logistics/first-class management practices, you won't see these Babas in such.

And, if they ventured into one, poor business ethics would be the norm.

Case in point: GLO. You have to give kickbacks to get your leave approved there. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by Nobody: 7:51am On Oct 24, 2014
GERALD710:
Nigerians boast much about...Nothing.
Okay South Africa.Yeah.Crime,Aids Capital of the World.
Yet South Africa produces 45,000 MW of power.Nigeria barely 3000MW.
78% of S.A are on the Electricity grid
Nigeria has 130 million people in peramanent darkness and the other 70 million have less power than Somali refugees at Kenya's Dadaab refugee camp.
South Africa is an Industrial power and a member of BRICS.
Has Nigeria been invited to a similar Bloc??
Healthwise:Nigeria still has polio. and a higher infant mortality rate than war torn South Sudan.
Oh.If South Africa is so bad,why do Nigerians flee to S.A and not vice versa
And why do South African brands dominate in NigeriaAnd none in S.A??
Am not South African btw.Am Kenyan.We have our own stable generator free power supply,No Polio and our own brands!!! Safaricom Nakumatt and Uchumi are all Kenyan!!
i'm not being biased bruh, but deep inside of you,,,, its so obvious what you just posted makes no sense....i was reading this, feeling indifferent, like tf, no matter the hate we draw from other african countries, it doesn't remove a cent from the economy, or reprieve us, being the economic and investment hub of africaaa! You're right, even though you stupidly exaggerated, like only a dummmie will lie to get his points across. Don't you think you're being stupidd saying "no nigerian" investments in s.africa, lmao. And saying 130million nigerians have no access to electricty, like does that even sound sane to you? The fact that sa got shoprite, mtn (which is slowly losing grip), and dstv, in nigeria, doesn't mean they control our economy sirrr, bc we have more establishments all around africa. A nigeria is worth $26billion, are you foolishly gona tell me he only invests in nigeria, sir?
I guess all i'm trying to say in essence is, you dont know shiit about nigeria, and what any sane individual will do in oblivion towards are certain matter is, KEEP QUIET.....nigeria faces alot of challenges, but how we overcome them, makes us that great nation!
I swear i got nothing but love for my africa brothers, kenya, ghana, sa, etc. SA has about 2 or 3, billionares, all whites,...they claim they invests all over the world, all we see controlling there economy is these white people, and the blacks will go blabbing on social media, about the investments. Well thats none of my business. I love SA, as well as every other country on this continent. *just thinking out loud*

1 Like

Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by austino12000: 7:53am On Oct 24, 2014
AvartercamHD code 5400 /usd36
Brand Azsky gprs dongle 2500 /17 usd
Brand new Qsat 11000/65usd
tv1/satlink cccam 3months 3000 18usd , 6months 5500/36
Ausgustine Arinze Ufondu 0005971194 Access bank,
Whatsapp me after payment +2347038061602.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by kgr28(m): 8:25am On Oct 24, 2014
OAAC:
i'm not being biased bruh, but deep inside of you,,,, its so obvious what you just posted makes no sense....i was reading this, feeling indifferent, like tf, no matter the hate we draw from other african countries, it doesn't remove a cent from the economy, or reprieve us, being the economic and investment hub of africaaa! You're right, even though you stupidly exaggerated, like only a dummmie will lie to get his points across. Don't you think you're being stupidd saying "no nigerian" investments in s.africa, lmao. And saying 130million nigerians have no access to electricty, like does that even sound sane to you? The fact that sa got shoprite, mtn (which is slowly losing grip), and dstv, in nigeria, doesn't mean they control our economy sirrr, bc we have more establishments all around africa. A nigeria is worth $26billion, are you foolishly gona tell me he only invests in nigeria, sir?
I guess all i'm trying to say in essence is, you dont know shiit about nigeria, and what any sane individual will do in oblivion towards are certain matter is, KEEP QUIET.....nigeria faces alot of challenges, but how we overcome them, makes us that great nation!
I swear i got nothing but love for my africa brothers, kenya, ghana, sa, etc. SA has about 2 or 3, billionares, all whites,...they claim they invests all over the world, all we see controlling there economy is these white people, and the blacks will go blabbing on social media, about the investments. Well thats none of my business. I love SA, as well as every other country on this continent. *just thinking out loud*

Again noise!
Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by Nobody: 11:09am On Oct 24, 2014
kgr28:

Again noise!

stfu you stupiid son of a biitch!
Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by MduZA: 11:49am On Oct 24, 2014
a Nigerian dream....keep on

OAAC:
Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by Emmadgud(m): 12:05pm On Oct 24, 2014
firstolalekan:
Nice development.
*modified *
Let's wait and see how long it will take before any bill is passed and implemented. When it comes to making laws that will benefit the common man, we know how our reps and senators behave.
But, it didn't take them anytime to approve the borrowing of ONE BILLION DOLLARS proposed by the clown to FIGHT the bokohaRAMS that they're currently negotiating PEACE with.
Meanwhile, I don't see DSTV doing any monopoly here. Our own indigenous providers too are very greedy!
How much is Dasat subscription?
How much is Startimes subscription?
How much is Hitv subscription?
Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by Emmadgud(m): 12:07pm On Oct 24, 2014
My brother they r following d footsteps of d key players.
Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by Nobody: 12:25pm On Oct 24, 2014
MduZA:

a Nigerian dream....keep on

lool. Y'all are the ones dream! Wake up bruhh! tell me where i went wrong on that post, or dont talk shiit!
Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by MduZA: 1:34pm On Oct 24, 2014
1.you said there are no black billionaires in SA,you are wrong ,we don't sing praise and worship songs about them the way you guys do for one man

2.you mentioned MTN ,Shoprite and multichoice as white companies ,you are wrong particularly with MTN...and remember there are over 100 south African companies doing business in nigeria ,besides Nigeria imports everything from SA starting from mere tap water to arms and ammunition

3.you always use race as an excuse to defend your country s failure,let me see how you defend this:South Africa leads Africa with over 48000 millioners followed by Egypt with 23000,your country is at third position..

4.your mentality is embarrassing ,Nigerians took over from the whites instead of developing their country,they dwell on unnecessary wars ... SA development prior 94 was not on the same level it is today,we inherited the white men infrastructure then,maintain it and build the new ones ,South Africans mentality is we can compete with white people in any field that's why when Nigerians were busy selling their children to the western world to become slaves,black south Africans were busy in the battle field with the colonizers ..

5.SA is for both blacks and whites,our leaders are correcting all the imbalances that existed for centuries without using a sword or rifle,we are going there ...we know that Nigerians are very disappointed to see black and white south Africans living together ,they wish south Africa could be at war as she is the only African country giving Nigeria headache...

author=OAAC post=27411427] lool. Y'all are the ones dream! Wake up bruhh! tell me where i went wrong on that post, or dont talk shiit![/quote]

1 Like

Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by sunnyotunsman: 1:41pm On Oct 24, 2014
Do you know how much govt charges them?So it is the ridiculous taxes they that makes dstv to double the subscription fee.
Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by Nobody: 3:30pm On Oct 24, 2014
MduZA:
1.you said there are no black billionaires in SA,you are wrong ,we don't sing praise and worship songs about them the way you guys do for one man

2.you mentioned MTN ,Shoprite and multichoice as white companies ,you are wrong particularly with MTN...and remember there are over 100 south African companies doing business in nigeria ,besides Nigeria imports everything from SA starting from mere tap water to arms and ammunition

3.you always use race as an excuse to defend your country s failure,let me see how you defend this:South Africa leads Africa with over 48000 millioners followed by Egypt with 23000,your country is at third position..

4.your mentality is embarrassing ,Nigerians took over from the whites instead of developing their country,they dwell on unnecessary wars ... SA development prior 94 was not on the same level it is today,we inherited the white men infrastructure then,maintain it and build the new ones ,South Africans mentality is we can compete with white people in any field that's why when Nigerians were busy selling their children to the western world to become slaves,black south Africans were busy in the battle field with the colonizers ..

5.SA is for both blacks and whites,our leaders are correcting all the imbalances that existed for centuries without using a sword or rifle,we are going there ...we know that Nigerians are very disappointed to see black and white south Africans living together ,they wish south Africa could be at war as she is the only African country giving Nigeria headache...

author=OAAC post=27411427] lool. Y'all are the ones dream! Wake up bruhh! tell me where i went wrong on that post, or dont talk shiit!
lool. As expected. Lool, You're even dumber than i thought! Pls, what's the name of the s.african black billionare? You say Mtn is owned by a blackman, niggga you know that's BUllshiit, even my 2year nephew, will laugh hard at your insanity!
Your third point got me rolling on the ground,, even the richest s.african, (who is white), is not even 10bill. In other words, aliko dangote is about 3 times richer....and if u say sa is 1st, followed by egypt, the nigeria, sooooooooo what #4, i don't get this shii, s.africa is nothing like nigeria, soy'all should stop getting your hopes high. We just cant tally, its not possible. So many differences.
You even went further to showcase your stupidity, like even if zuma told your dumbasss that sa exports water to us, are you supposed to believethat crap Nigga pls, your points above was just a confirmation how shallow y'all think down there, can't believe im conversing with u right now, like ewwwwww, you're dumbbAF no offence. I got lov for y'all, but this is bleeped up. FLEE
Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by MduZA: 7:14pm On Oct 24, 2014
You are too intelligent...you know everything

OAAC:
lool. As expected. Lool, You're even dumber than i thought! Pls, what's the name of the s.african black billionare? You say Mtn is owned by a blackman, niggga you know that's BUllshiit, even my 2year nephew, will laugh hard at your insanity!
Your third point got me rolling on the ground,, even the richest s.african, (who is white), is not even 10bill. In other words, aliko dangote is about 3 times richer....and if u say sa is 1st, followed by egypt, the nigeria, sooooooooo what #4, i don't get this shii, s.africa is nothing like nigeria, soy'all should stop getting your hopes high. We just cant tally, its not possible. So many differences.
You even went further to showcase your stupidity, like even if zuma told your dumbasss that sa exports water to us, are you supposed to believethat crap Nigga pls, your points above was just a confirmation how shallow y'all think down there, can't believe im conversing with u right now, like ewwwwww, you're dumbbAF no offence. I got lov for y'all, but this is bleeped up. FLEE
Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 24, 2014
bushdoc9919:

There are hundreds of Nigerian shops and supermarkets that sell Made in Nigeria products.
Patronize them. Don't complain about shoprite.

MadCow1:

I think you mean ABSOLUTELY USELESS NIGERIANS.. grin

You dey hate your neighbour wey dey progress pass you come open store for una street.. grin

South Africa gained independence in the 90's.. Nigeria since 1960.. Yet they run things in the key parts of our economy. Hate them all you want, their game is tight and I cant playa hate..

Ha!ha!ha!ha! grin Don't shop in useless shop rite then I beg.

quote author=felifeli post=27382257]

Apparently you don't go to Shoprite at all you foolish man. In the foods section up to 50% products are from Nigeria. In other sections more than 25% . In some sections too up to 20% of the products don't even come from either Nigeria or SA. Go and die. angry angry angry angry angry[/quote]

See these peope who are feeding fat from awuf attacking me here o! Sorry o....make una no worry, govt will not closeShoprite ok. So that u peeps would continue to enjoy buying chicken preserved with formaldehyde for N80per kilo. NDI AGURU!! grin
Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by rhames(m): 8:26pm On Oct 24, 2014
break the damn monopoly including dangote to pieces. their own too much.
Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by KriTic24A: 9:31pm On Oct 24, 2014
Were those Reps sleeping before?
Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by felifeli: 10:18pm On Oct 24, 2014
lawanson44:

Apparently you don't go to Shoprite at all you foolish man. In the foods section up to 50% products are from Nigeria. In other sections more than 25% . In some sections too up to 20% of the products don't even come from either Nigeria or SA. Go and die. angry angry angry angry angry

See these peope who are feeding fat from awuf attacking me here o! Sorry o....make una no worry, govt will not closeShoprite ok. So that u peeps would continue to enjoy buying chicken preserved with formaldehyde for N80per kilo. NDI AGURU!! grin

Chicken at N80 per kilo ? Where is that ? Now I see your problem. Na fowl wey motor done kill you dey pick for road chop. grin grin grin grin grin grin More than 50% of the chicken sold by Shoprite is locally sourced , and they are even more expensive at Shoprite than anywhere else. Go and die grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by danjalingo: 10:20pm On Oct 24, 2014
I hope they finish with the bill before the end of this regime.
Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by Nobody: 10:58pm On Oct 24, 2014
OAAC:
Coould you show ANYTHING that I have stated above that is not a Fact
Clearly,Nigerians need to leave their country and realise how much they as a People are disliked and treated with suspicion.And oh,it has nothing to do with your Economy.We have been deporting Nigerians for several years long before you were announced Largest Economy.China has been excecuting Nigerians for drug traficking,Saudis the same for Prostitution,human traficking. Singapore Airport often apprehends those with a Nigerian passport to check for drugs and human organs .Here in East Africa, Nigerians are drug lords and makers of Counterfeight cash. Its so bad that in Uni, the Chinese never sit near a Nigerian.I have no idea what you two countries did to each other but it ids amusing to see.Unfortunately, Since all of you from that corner of Africa speak a funny form of English, Ghanaians and Cameroonians are assumed to be Nigerians and the Chins move to sit with us or the European exchange students. In the Neighbourhood, A Nigerian has moved in?? The Landlord sighs and says' The Policemen are coming'. This last two months alone there have been raids on Nigerians in Nairobi by the FBI for online fraud. Nobody wants a Nigerian neighbour.Too much drama.
Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by Nobody: 11:11pm On Oct 24, 2014
GERALD710:

Nigeria has 120 million,sorry,Let me reduce the number by 10 million .120 million people with no power.Sheesh!!!
http://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Not-Darkest-Africa-but-Darkest-Nigeria-120-Million-Without-Electricity.html

http://allafrica.com/stories/201306060981.html

The Investment Hub of Africa. Could ypou name any Reputable International organization that has chosen Nigeria over South Africa or Kenya as its African or Sub Saharan African Heaquarters??I can name you plenty in Nairobi that manage even the office in Lagos. Starting with Google.Which you most likely use.And whose Africa HQ is Nairobi.
You have more establishments around Africa.Um.Which onesWhere The only Nigerian investor in East Africa is Aliko Dagonte and his Investments are tiny in comparison to ur own businessmen and investors from the UK,US,India and in the case of Tanzania,South Africa.(South African companies never succeed in Kenya)
Clearly,Nigerians need to leave their country and realise how much they as a People are disliked and treated with suspicion.And oh,it has nothing to do with your Economy.We have been deporting Nigerians for several years long before you were announced Largest Economy.China has been excecuting Nigerians for drug traficking,Saudis the same for Prostitution,human traficking. Singapore Airport often apprehends those with a Nigerian passport to check for drugs and human organs .Here in East Africa, Nigerians are drug lords and makers of Counterfeight cash. Its so bad that in Uni, the Chinese never sit near a Nigerian.I have no idea what you two countries did to each other but it ids amusing to see.Unfortunately, Since all of you from that corner of Africa speak a funny form of English, Ghanaians and Cameroonians are assumed to be Nigerians and the Chins move to sit with us or the European exchange students. In the Neighbourhood, A Nigerian has moved in?? The Landlord sighs and says' The Policemen are coming'. This last two months alone there have been raids on Nigerians in Nairobi by the FBI for online fraud. Nobody wants a Nigerian neighbour.Too much drama.
Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by Nobody: 11:16pm On Oct 24, 2014
lawanson44:

Apparently you don't go to Shoprite at all you foolish man. In the foods section up to 50% products are from Nigeria. In other sections more than 25% . In some sections too up to 20% of the products don't even come from either Nigeria or SA. Go and die. angry angry angry angry angry

Actually, I do a minority of my shopping in Shoprite.

My point still stands.
Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by charlesditro: 1:31am On Oct 25, 2014
firstolalekan:

You must be a morôn
the most beautiful thing about this social media is that dey bring out your true personality just becos ur identity is hidden you feel comfortable enough to crawl out your shell like a timid tortoise only to display ur borrowed cloak. my friend if I am a morôn then what are you? I leave u to answer dat.
Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by Nobody: 6:37am On Oct 25, 2014
felifeli:

Chicken at N80 per kilo ? Where is that ? Now I see your problem. Na fowl wey motor done kill you dey pick for road chop. grin grin grin grin grin grin More than 50% of the chicken sold by Shoprite is locally sourced , and they are even more expensive at Shoprite than anywhere else. Go and die grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

More than 50% you say right? Then where are the other 50% sourced from? Bush man/woman who goes to Shoprite to take pics and feel fly.
Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by Nobody: 7:30am On Oct 25, 2014
GERALD710:

uhmmm. I really don't know you, or where you from. And i swear i didnt get anything sensible from this poem you just wrote out to me.....but due to mediocrity at that, i'll like to believe you are s.africa. Well fanboy, your hatred for us is so conspicous, like you even go on the internet and search out crimes by nigerians all around the world?? Do you even have a job or something doing?? I saw the long poem, and expected to learn abit from you, but all see is hate.
Well let me clarify something real quick, there are 180mil people living in nigeria, you'll be so dumbb to think they're nigerians. I often hear of how y'all, egostic foools treat zimbabweans, bc they come into s.a in mass, and i almost weep for them, but do u know howmany chadians, cameroonians, nigerieens, ghanians, liberians (and other w.african country), role into nigeria, and never go back. Fvck sake, on my block, i got a whole s.african family, planning never to go home, assistant pastor in church, is xhosa.....recently stated, 1.3m indians recide in nigeria, and over 1.4 chinese, infact, in lagos, there are some places you go, and all you see are asians!
Well, you arent worth the stress, the fact that you find nigerians in you country dnt mean, the country is suffering. Mass migration occures in over populated regions, (india, china, etc), it doesnt mean the country is undergoing economic recess, or instability. [Ec 101]. Deal with you personal hate for nigerians. No sane nigerian gives a flying Bleep what other country people think about, and thats a very great virtue.....nigerians never come on the internet blabbing abt the number of s.africa,etc, permanently staying here, unlike you dumbb and egotistic s.africans, with brains as marsh mellows. Smh. And unfortunately. The s.africans here aregood and intelligent, maybe when u leave the shores of that shtHole, you'll wise up. Take life easy bruh, one africa!
Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by Nobody: 7:34am On Oct 25, 2014
MduZA:
You are too intelligent...you know everything

lool. I hate sarcasm so shut up
Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by felifeli: 8:52am On Oct 25, 2014
lawanson44:

More than 50% you say right? Then where are the other 50% sourced from? Bush man/woman who goes to Shoprite to take pics and feel fly.
Mumu man like you. The bend down boutique jeans and shirt that you are wearing they come from Onitsha ba ? You think a business is set up as a philanthropic activity ? That is why you are still looking for job while your mates are busy making cool money by employing their common sense. Go and die grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by styvhin(m): 12:53pm On Oct 25, 2014
No b una dey watch d DSTV?... undecided...wetin dey dia wey no dey MITV, AIT, STV, Galaxy, ONTV, NTA, even CHANNELS!!!...wey I dey enjoy wit my #500 antenna.....pssshhh...double wahala 4 dedi bodi.... grin
Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by jdilight(m): 3:35pm On Oct 25, 2014
graciousme:
I wonder why they have succeeded in maintaining the monopoly for years. We need competition in the satellite TV market. If not we can't keep blaming DSTV.

When HI TV came, they systematically killed it.
Re: Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly by Nobody: 7:10am On Oct 26, 2014
felifeli:

Mumu man like you. The bend down boutique jeans and shirt that you are wearing they come from Onitsha ba ? You think a business is set up as a philanthropic activity ? That is why you are still looking for job while your mates are busy making cool money by employing their common sense. Go and die grin grin grin grin grin

See this confused entity...u were talking about poultry and now, it's jeans and shirt. Wetin concern chicken with cloth? Your school fees is a total waste since this is how you reason.Sorry for your parents who sired you. Efulefu!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Bbnaija: 2face Idibia Supports Kiddwaya / The Gardener's Daughter: TV Soap Opera / What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.