Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,485 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Worst Course You Took In School - Education (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Worst Course You Took In School (76279 Views)

What Is The Coolest Course You Can Study At A Nigerian University?(see Responses / Best Course You Did In School / Do You Enjoy The Course You Are Studying? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Worst Course You Took In School by beecrofty(m): 4:05pm On Oct 26, 2014
OMG! That would be MTH 102 (Mathematics department, White House OAU)

Jeez! I walked out of the exam hall after 30 minutes of staring at the question paper, I submitted a blank sheet with just my matric number and name. Surprisingly, I didn't carry the course. had an E, I assume the person who marked the papers just had pity on me.
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by adesewa4uyahoo(f): 5:26pm On Oct 26, 2014
akinsadeez:

Yeah, I am. How did you guess? Baba Ijaiya made us see hell. Both the first and second semester. Imagine going into the second semester exam and seeing that Baba Ijaiya made two questions compulsory out of six. question one was on a scenario about cross examination, a topic he never taught us at all. That was one exam where even the best students in the class were counting the ceiling. Even now, years after I have not forgotten that man and that course.
Funny thing is, when we got to law school we now appreciated everything Baba Ijaiya did to us cuz it all paid off. The man is one heck of an evidence lecturer. I heard he is no longer teaching evidence though
cry
yeah baba taught me too....finished 2013
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Nobody: 6:56pm On Oct 26, 2014
My worst course so far is Pharmacology.

I envy those pharm students.. They are trying for real. You have to cram, read a lot. It got to a time I became so tired and praying I won't carry it over.

Anatomy courses are usually sweet. I don't know, I think I have passion for it already.
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by malaria(f): 9:21pm On Oct 26, 2014
Sunehri145:
I studied pure and industrial chemistry at unizik,the most dreaded of my courses was math 202(O.D.E) by tanker,
. Nne na only vectolysis of tanker, hope u met harry Marsha of physical chemistry, tupac and okerulu
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by malaria(f): 9:26pm On Oct 26, 2014
Sunehri145:
I studied pure and industrial chemistry at unizik,the most dreaded of my courses was math 202(O.D.E) by tanker,
. Nne if say na only vectolysis of tanker- ODE popularly known as odeshi or odiegwu . You know meet the great HARRY mARSHAL of all physical chemistry. You can never escape harry
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by fightforchange1(f): 9:27pm On Oct 26, 2014
Art 1
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Nobody: 11:54pm On Oct 26, 2014
lacreamieboie:

Seems we were in the same lecture hall... Yes o!
I'm just about to start chm231 and Co next session oh.
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by tayoccu(m): 12:07am On Oct 27, 2014
introduction to physics, it was meant to be a walk in the park, but Dr Adeloye aka "terminator" from unilag brought masters level physics to the table, the whole class flunked.
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by lacreamieboie(m): 5:36am On Oct 27, 2014
ikeola6:
I'm just about to start chm231 and Co next session oh.
The Lord is your strength! success brova!
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by sagbar(m): 8:56am On Oct 27, 2014
control Engineering 1(EEE 503)...taught by one of the greatest sadist in my department...Electronic & Electical Engineering,OAUife...his approach to teaching the course from inception till the last day of lecture is jst too abstract...Exam was tsunamic as usual...the toughest we ever wrote throughout our program! I struggled to score a D aftermath the upgrade by our HOD...More than half failed woefully!
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by runtinxnigga(m): 9:40am On Oct 27, 2014
Banking and Finance
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by tolustx(m): 10:43am On Oct 27, 2014
sagbar:
control Engineering 1(EEE 503)...taught by one of the greatest sadist in my department...Electronic & Electical Engineering,OAUife...his approach to teaching the course from inception till the last day of lecture is jst too abstract...Exam was tsunamic as usual...the toughest we ever wrote throughout our program! I struggled to score a D aftermath the upgrade by our HOD...More than half failed woefully!
sorry o. Who be dis abeg. I believe u're talking abt Mr...what's his name again sef. I don 4get. Wey dey bow to greet student, say "bros" lol. Not knwing dat ha evil dey I'm belle. O boi. Na d same tin do us o.
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by chiboy429(m): 12:40pm On Oct 27, 2014
kamez:

Always a pleasure to help a broda out.. But the only materials I can help u with are the handouts and text books .truly that course could give brain tumor

Okay please .,how do i have them ?
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Pennywise(m): 12:45pm On Oct 27, 2014
Worst course? It had to be philosophy as a part of General studies. I hated it but I still managed to score distinction. Which made me wonder, what if I had chosen to major in it?
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by vivaciousvivi(f): 12:59pm On Oct 27, 2014
GboyegaD:

What school did you study? Most schools in Nigeria don't do Maths.

Really?
I attended Madonna
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Revolution12(m): 1:20pm On Oct 27, 2014
Stelvin101

The name of dat course "Econometrics" alone is damn scary undecided

at d Mention of econometrics every head Must bow.
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by GboyegaD(m): 2:59pm On Oct 27, 2014
vivaciousvivi:

Really?
I attended Madonna

I meant they don't do enough maths in economics.
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by sagbar(m): 3:17pm On Oct 27, 2014
tolustx:
sorry o. Who be dis abeg. I believe u're talking abt Mr...what's his name again sef. I don 4get. Wey dey bow to greet student, say "bros" lol. Not knwing dat ha evil dey I'm belle. O boi. Na d same tin do us o.
Tolu onaks?na dhkrulah...abi I no get u ni?
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by MacluvPH(m): 10:06pm On Oct 27, 2014
Anistef:

Hmmm I cn neve forget dis course wit no credit load ( Rev fr DVC ).
I had a carry over d first time, d second time I read as if I ws writing my professional course. If I remember na cry I dey cry.
Na God really save person for DVC hand because it was a nightmare for any social science and management science students in 300level cos they are only left with one chance once they ve a carryover in the course(Ethics)
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by berbs112(m): 12:41pm On Oct 28, 2014
Stelvin101:

Bros dis one na course name or name of element?? undecided
course name you should know,if u studied Chemistry
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Kentnickole(m): 7:33am On Oct 29, 2014
merbenko:
Most especially the properties of BLUE. The alpha. Multicolonileanity. Linear unbias estimator ect.

Now you speak like an econometrician cool
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by tolustx(m): 9:15am On Oct 29, 2014
sagbar:

Tolu onaks?na dhkrulah...abi I no get u ni?
Yes sir. Shey they don mobilize u?
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by sagbar(m): 11:53am On Oct 29, 2014
tolustx:
Yes sir. Shey they don mobilize u?
Yes baba..wat abt u?na d letter I dey await o
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by tolustx(m): 12:04pm On Oct 29, 2014
sagbar:

Yes baba..wat abt u?na d letter I dey await o
them no mobilize me jare. Na batch A things. Na post I wan ask u sef. U don c ur letter?
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by sagbar(m): 1:04pm On Oct 29, 2014
tolustx:
them no mobilize me jare. Na batch A things. Na post I wan ask u sef. U don c ur letter?
I neva knw where dem post me o...seem the site get issue joor
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by godstreasure23: 10:11pm On Oct 29, 2014
Yes oooo i be confirm ladokite.......intimidation we condone not....

1 Like

Re: Worst Course You Took In School by godstreasure23: 10:14pm On Oct 29, 2014
jibikunle:
u be ladokite
yes oooo i am a ladokite
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by mytym(m): 12:52am On Oct 30, 2014
In the following order these are my worst back in school days, these courses in themselves are herculean but the lecturers who taught them are unwell sad

1. Signals and Systems (Late Prof. Raji, Dr. Z.K)

2. Digital Electronics : terrestrial television and its cohorts.
3. Circuit Synthesis: where you talk about Hurwitz, 'poles&zeros', singularities, 'origin&infinity' and realization.

Electronic and Electrical Engineering, LAUTECH.

1 Like

Re: Worst Course You Took In School by mytym(m): 1:02am On Oct 30, 2014
Hbee02:
EEE 202 by Dr yesufu, and EEE 309(Signals and Systems ) by Dr jubril.

OAU abi? I'm not surprised at all wink
Signals and Systems was hell too in LAUTECH (EEE 311)
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by SenatorJames(m): 7:53pm On Oct 30, 2014
Yomieluv:
Econometrics,gosh! I hate that course like Boko Haram.

The lecturer,Mr Ogunlana too didn't help matters at all. Don't know if he's still the one taking it.

Lasu2007.
God bless you my brother, the course was as fearful as ebola virus. Economics and Agricultural Economics students will understand what we are saying. it was a 500 level, second semester course during our time, the fear of extra year, also made the course more like a nightmare.
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by SenatorJames(m): 9:08pm On Oct 30, 2014
Fkhalifa:
The econometrics am gon do in final year and have already downloaded the note,the equations,formulas
etc are damn rough and scary.
God is your strength. just prepare and devote more time for it. cram where necessary and success will be your portion.

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply)

Opeyemi Enoch Solves 156-Year-Old Maths Problem, Gets $1M / UNIABUJA Students Present Seminar Paper In Nude / UNILAG Introduces Dress Code For Students (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.