Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

What Is The Diff Btw A Minister And A Minister Of State In The Same Ministry? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Diff Btw A Minister And A Minister Of State In The Same Ministry? (47743 Views)

Who Is More Powerful...a Minister And A Senator??? / Why Femi Falana Was Not Made A Minister - Sahara Reporters / Suggest A Portfolio For Babatunde Fashola As A Minister... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Diff Btw A Minister And A Minister Of State In The Same Ministry? by ayusco85(m): 10:05am On Oct 24, 2014
ok
Re: What Is The Diff Btw A Minister And A Minister Of State In The Same Ministry? by mcdokwe(m): 10:05am On Oct 24, 2014
Idk but one is a junior minister while the other is the "substantial" minister. (maybe we call him, "minister of country") but as much as I am concerned the difference between both is just as significant as the P in psychology and in effect, an devised means for political settlement.
Re: What Is The Diff Btw A Minister And A Minister Of State In The Same Ministry? by stalyf(m): 10:05am On Oct 24, 2014
Hhh
Re: What Is The Diff Btw A Minister And A Minister Of State In The Same Ministry? by ayusco85(m): 10:07am On Oct 24, 2014
Smartsyn:
Please pardon my ignorance, but can someone on the know put me(us) through on the difference between a Minister and a Minister of State in the Ministry.

We usually see somethings like The Minister for Education and then The Minister of State for Education and it is so in all ministries..

So please what is their different job description and all that.....

wait lemme ask IFA

Re: What Is The Diff Btw A Minister And A Minister Of State In The Same Ministry? by Abbey2sam(m): 10:07am On Oct 24, 2014
Smartsyn:
Please pardon my ignorance, but can someone on the know put me(us) through on the difference between a Minister and a Minister of State in the Ministry.

We usually see somethings like The Minister for Education and then The Minister of State for Education and it is so in all ministries..

So please what is their different job description and all that.....

They all looters
Re: What Is The Diff Btw A Minister And A Minister Of State In The Same Ministry? by hmmbabs(m): 10:07am On Oct 24, 2014
Demdem:

Jonathan came in and adopted the same rot. The fool even went further to appoint ambassador at large. Yeye dey smell.

see this APC thug oooooo....
Re: What Is The Diff Btw A Minister And A Minister Of State In The Same Ministry? by eemalex(m): 10:10am On Oct 24, 2014
But Google is still functioning now
Re: What Is The Diff Btw A Minister And A Minister Of State In The Same Ministry? by Mustapha111888(m): 10:12am On Oct 24, 2014
[quote author=Yungwizzzy post=27381856]

I have two answers

1. The minister is the oga and the minister of state is the vice/deputy

2. The latter is not necessary since the former is not even functional

so the difference is that they all wasting tax payers money!! THAT'S JUST THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER!
Re: What Is The Diff Btw A Minister And A Minister Of State In The Same Ministry? by Adedayo516(m): 10:12am On Oct 24, 2014
Nah ogoro cancel things, no cheating...

This Naija wey we dey so, national cake must to go round.. We go soon see minister at large, minister of local government, minister of stomach things..
Re: What Is The Diff Btw A Minister And A Minister Of State In The Same Ministry? by GhaliNaaba(m): 10:12am On Oct 24, 2014
PDP has restructured nigeria for corruption to strives and for values and intergrity to be nipped in the bud.
Re: What Is The Diff Btw A Minister And A Minister Of State In The Same Ministry? by Realodos: 10:14am On Oct 24, 2014
well I think the former president (obj) should be in better position to tell us. In my opinion, there's absolutely no difference.
Re: What Is The Diff Btw A Minister And A Minister Of State In The Same Ministry? by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 24, 2014
The minister of state is more like a commissioner for FCT just like every other state has commissioners for all economic area . So the minister of state is incharge of the FCT area. While d main minister is d coordinator for all d commissioners under the ministry across the 36 states plus FCT.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Diff Btw A Minister And A Minister Of State In The Same Ministry? by pzworld: 10:18am On Oct 24, 2014
Promote online, your songs, dance crew,
modelling works and design skills.
Also get a chance to participate in our upcoming modelling and art work Ground finally in abuja garki on 29 Nov 2014.
Visit us at our Aba office: No 14 Azikiwe
road Abia state
Or
For more enquiries call mr darry 08131865746.
Re: What Is The Diff Btw A Minister And A Minister Of State In The Same Ministry? by gurunlocker: 10:19am On Oct 24, 2014
Demdem:

Jonathan came in and adopted the same rot. The fool even went further to appoint ambassador at large. Yeye dey smell.

why can't people talk without insult.... why not talk straight without calling him fool.... u also have father I presume?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Diff Btw A Minister And A Minister Of State In The Same Ministry? by austinbrown: 10:19am On Oct 24, 2014
Demdem:

can u call ur father a fool?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Diff Btw A Minister And A Minister Of State In The Same Ministry? by Realodos: 10:19am On Oct 24, 2014
kunmibadmus:
The minister of state is more like a commissioner for FCT just like every other state has commissioners for all economic area . So the minister of state is incharge of the FCT area. While d main minister is d coordinator for all d commissioners under the ministry across the 36 states plus FCT.

what then if I may is the FCT ministry for?
Re: What Is The Diff Btw A Minister And A Minister Of State In The Same Ministry? by SuperLoveGiver(m): 10:20am On Oct 24, 2014
Viewing this topic: adet991(f), dukeagape(m), tlk2Prince, ranktzy(m), lastdon85(m), harryfish(f), mikedaniel76gmailcom(m), vicuze(m), beebless(f), arvinsloane(m), obekah(m), oxtine(m), amjou, lanregidi, ekoyochris(m), bastien, ismoben, yahaya1(m), veraiyke(m), kazlaw2000, oyb(m), rayp(f), stunninglight(f), nassyblue(m), PasD(m), Mabpaine(m), choiceo, fajen(m), kazytom, ayokenny37(m), lovelysandy(f), kablooee, ono(m), Teemotors, charasho(m), simeonval, seriousthing, danielgod, DonBrutus, bashydemy(m), stevewhest(m), tijjanioyan, mrmatt, Jezyfreezman(m), paul990(m), tompat86(m), Period007(m), titusbulus2(m), Sunnycliff(m), akinsben(m), chiketee(m), Feranmicharles(m), yungben(m), hassanfulani, bamsshegz8, otobomax(m), igben(m), hmmbabs(m), texbaba1, misterh(m), kennyman20(m), aqeemboy, emmylight4u, LMAyedun(m), Bhamisola(m), amauchechukwu(m), phemmy991, conquistadores(m), speaktome(m), ozo13(m), lilyafaten, tobizkul, justwise(m), yayitifury, colliazo, Bestbillion, ONE2ONE1, fairheven, Osezzua(m), amiskurie(m), oprime(m), joelenesleek(f), kunmibadmus(m), chidamysy, Adedayo516(m), menetinx(m), gbosaa(m), inceptionz, GhaliNaaba(m), codedflowz(m), conyema12(m), Pilot180, MizMyColi(f), Hotdiamond(m), Mustapha111888(m), Dzany(m), roscojo, redcliff, okonja(m), lharstborn(m), slyymgee, Bonbolos, blesszzy(m), afobajeflorida(m), darlingjoes(m), deleo16(m), coolgeorge, maximas, kuphid(f), kenn4rill, btoks, macfarland, MeAgain(m), Eyop(m), segzy14(m), omicron(m), Realodos, fujirice, Dannyset(m), obakovich, Mpeace(m), Gentlemimi2, suloghy, chimzyblack(m), tundemogba12(m), khadaffi(m), Iamsynord(m), ChukwuFriday(m), ayusco85, r33d(m) and 123 guest(s)

1 Like

Re: What Is The Diff Btw A Minister And A Minister Of State In The Same Ministry? by MacluvPH(m): 10:22am On Oct 24, 2014
The difference is that in a typical Nigeria mentality and mindset that a minister aspires to syphone bigger money or syphone bigger money than the minister of state in the same ministry.
Re: What Is The Diff Btw A Minister And A Minister Of State In The Same Ministry? by Demdem(m): 10:24am On Oct 24, 2014
austinbrown:
can u call ur father a fool?

Ur miserable father is none of our business here. Instead the fool who promised transformation but instead made sure the status quo continues.
Surely u are daft to decode this.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Diff Btw A Minister And A Minister Of State In The Same Ministry? by eleko1: 10:24am On Oct 24, 2014
Thank U so much for the reply U give him.no need to add anything again.Wonder what is the duty ambassador @ large,okupe,Abati.Shey nah OBJ created this too?Iranu lasan
Demdem:

Re: What Is The Diff Btw A Minister And A Minister Of State In The Same Ministry? by SexyRihanna(f): 10:25am On Oct 24, 2014
Ask Google pls
Re: What Is The Diff Btw A Minister And A Minister Of State In The Same Ministry? by Demdem(m): 10:26am On Oct 24, 2014
gurunlocker:

why can't people talk without insult.... why not talk straight without calling him fool.... u also have father I presume?

When the fool regarded leaders of a part of a country rascals, where were u?
Goon, ur useless father is none of my business here.
Re: What Is The Diff Btw A Minister And A Minister Of State In The Same Ministry? by fairheven: 10:29am On Oct 24, 2014
pzworld:
Promote online, your songs, dance crew,
modelling works and design skills.
Also get a chance to participate in our upcoming modelling and art work Ground finally in abuja garki on 29 Nov 2014.
Visit us at our Aba office: No 14 Azikiwe
road Abia state
Or
For more enquiries call mr darry 08131865746.
Are you on BBm or wasapp?
Re: What Is The Diff Btw A Minister And A Minister Of State In The Same Ministry? by austinbrown: 10:29am On Oct 24, 2014
Demdem:

Ur miserable father is none of our business here. Instead the fool who promised transformation but instead made sure the status quo continues.
Surely u are daft to decode this.
mr Bastard pls shut up

1 Like

Re: What Is The Diff Btw A Minister And A Minister Of State In The Same Ministry? by Mclee: 10:31am On Oct 24, 2014
Pennywise:

Sometimes we try too hard to find solutions to problems that do not exist or we go rigmaroling/sommersaulting looking for answers that stare at us in the face.

Minister of state is a creation of the Obj Goverment to deputize for a substantive minister. The real essence is for political jobs to go round. It was an expedient decision of Obj to spread the goodies among supporters and loyalists not minding that state resources can ill-afford it. If GEJ had any leadership spirit in him, he would have since abolished that position. I suppose we all have to wait for Buhari.

You are wrong. And I wonder why you skipped from OBASANJO to GEJ and stylishly skipped Yar'Adua. God is watching all of you.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Diff Btw A Minister And A Minister Of State In The Same Ministry? by Demdem(m): 10:31am On Oct 24, 2014
agabusta:

I am a supporter of APC and Buhari, but sir I would appreciate if you can tone down your abuses on the president. You can criticise him as you deem fit and show the rot in his govt, but try not to resort to abuses.

Tnx

Being an apc supporter honestly is none of my business. I don't see abuses but instead the truth as it is with the right word properly used.
How I chose to address the drunkard is strictly my own decision and nothing more.
Re: What Is The Diff Btw A Minister And A Minister Of State In The Same Ministry? by Demdem(m): 10:32am On Oct 24, 2014
austinbrown:
mr Bastard pls shut up

Produce of a rotten kunt.......what did u say again?
Re: What Is The Diff Btw A Minister And A Minister Of State In The Same Ministry? by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 24, 2014
fairheven:

Seriously? Are u kidding me ..there is no duplication?u mean dos ministries can not function without two ministers?wat of in the period where the senior minister have resigned,didn't the ministries function without hitches?...Dora Akunyili left ministry of information an labaran Maku presided over till few week ago(wit a PhD in propaganda),didn't the ministry function?...if you know how public service works,then u will know that those ministeries can be created in one and can also Be disposed off in one week,they are just political jobbers seeking for "settlement" cool
when Yar'adua became seriously ill there was no President in Nigeria till David Mark and National assembly introduced doctrine of necessity which made GEJ acting president ....... Does that imply we don't need president in Nigeria in the first place ?

Immediately GEJ became acting president ,definitely the position of VP became vacant does that mean , we do not need VP in the first place ?

Later on Sambo filled the spot ....

I don't even think you know the responsibility of a Minister .... ....

Your logic doesn't hold water !

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Diff Btw A Minister And A Minister Of State In The Same Ministry? by Demdem(m): 10:34am On Oct 24, 2014
Realodos:
well I think the former president (obj) should be in better position to tell us. In my opinion, there's absolutely no difference.

Hypocrite, so Jonathan that adopted the same can't tell us eh?
Re: What Is The Diff Btw A Minister And A Minister Of State In The Same Ministry? by chimzyblack(m): 10:36am On Oct 24, 2014
segend:

The issue is that we must have 36 ministers, if 10 new states are created today, then we must have 46 ministers, whether there is a ministry for them or not. I think the real issue should be why should each state have a minister, each state is already well and equally represented in the senate and house of representative. The job of a minister is not to represent his state, will make more sense if ministerial appointment is by zone, maybe 3 per zone.
YOU ARE MAKING A MISTAKE HERE,
1. EACH STATE DOES NOT HAVE A MINISTER
2. IN EACH MINISTRY THERE ARE ONLY TWO MINISTERS I.E MINISTER AND THE MINISTER OF STATE
3.THESE TWO MINISTERS REPRESENT THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AND THE 36 STATES RESPECTIVELY
4. THE MINISTER OF STATE, WORKS AS A LINK BTW THE STATES AND THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT THIS IS TO ENSURE THAT THE PRESENCE OF FG CAN BE CLOSER TO THE STATES
5. I THINK IT IS A VERY GOOD IDEA, BECAUSE IT IS NOT GOING TO BE EASY FOR ONE MINISTER TO REPRESENT BOTH THE FG AND THE 36 STATES. IT WILL ONLY MAKE THE PRESENCE OF FG LESS FELT IN THE 36 STATES.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Diff Btw A Minister And A Minister Of State In The Same Ministry? by simplynola(m): 10:36am On Oct 24, 2014
The Minister is in charge of all the parastatals and agencies that form the ministry, while the minister of state supervises the ministries in each state. Just like assisting the minister to coordinate the state ministry. example, minister of state for agriculture coordinates and gets update of activities from ministry of agriculture in Abia, Kano, Oyo states etc, liase with the state commissioners for agriculture in the states and reports to the minister of Agriculture.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Adorable Photo Of Former Pres. Jonathan's Grand Daughter / Reno Omokri Reacts To Obasanjo Endorsing Atiku / What's The Difference Between A Minister, Minister Of State and Perm Secretary?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.