Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,140 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) (137889 Views)

Inside Special Forces: Nigeria’s Most-feared Fighting Unit / GLORIA OKON, The Story Of Nigeria’s Most Mysterious Drug Pusher / Tolu Ebun: Meet Nigeria’s Most Beautiful Political Aspirant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by Abagworo(m): 7:46pm On Oct 23, 2014
Descartes:
Where in Aba?

LDS Temple in Aba is one of the finest architectural masterpiece in Nigeria. If you go there you'd probably think you are in Europe.

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by GboyegaD(m): 7:47pm On Oct 23, 2014
Dutse has an international airport? Isn't this waste of government funds since they have to pay workers and the airport wouldn't generate much traffic to sustain itself.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by hensben(m): 7:47pm On Oct 23, 2014
op you forgot to add..

buyoko bar n suit join

mehn! this place na the highest oo..their mokite dey chill grin

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by Nobody: 7:48pm On Oct 23, 2014
Eko Ile ooo. Cute structures.
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by iconize(m): 7:48pm On Oct 23, 2014
traware:
Do these photos of Zimbabwe hide the fact that Zimbabwe is an economic cesspit?Isn't it Zimbabwe that uses the US dollar as its major currency today because tissue paper now has more worth than the Zimbabwean dollar? Abegii!!!

That's my point.

Zimbabwe is a poor nation yet a SUPER RICH Nigeria is just a lil above them in development.

I hope you get my point now?

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by successismine(f): 7:51pm On Oct 23, 2014
dose place no fyn like dat for abj oooo #strollingaway#
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by traware(m): 7:52pm On Oct 23, 2014
iconize:

That's my point.

Zimbabwe is a poor nation yet a SUPER RICH Nigeria is just a lil above them in development.

I hope you get my point now?
I do.Apologises...I don't know what this 'Rossikes' problem is...it seems his love for 'madeofblack' has blinded him to the realities on ground.Let's not forget the average Zimbabwean is actually much better educated than the average Nigerian.So,they trump over us in that sphere as well

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by Nobody: 7:52pm On Oct 23, 2014

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by sunsky29(m): 7:53pm On Oct 23, 2014
op u forgot to add obi wali confrence center in ph...i sweari gan dat buildn na die
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by Nobody: 7:54pm On Oct 23, 2014
iconize:

How does wishing for what you ought to have translate to not being appreciative?

Can we see pictures of hospitals, schools, and malls or even roads in Nigeria?
Are you suggesting we don't have impressive examples of the above? You'd be wrong.
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by Orikinla(m): 7:57pm On Oct 23, 2014
There is nothing spectacular about these buildings.
Except for Mapo Hall, none of them is a tourist attraction by world class standards.
And the toilets of many of them are nothing to be happy about.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by Descartes: 7:57pm On Oct 23, 2014
Abagworo:

LDS Temple in Aba is one of the finest architectural masterpiece in Nigeria. If you go there you'd probably think you are in Europe.
I was expecting this(Later Day Saints).Heard they make use of "Book of Mammon"as their Holy book.Do you worship there wink Another beautiful edifice in Aba would have been the Hotel Building (Abia Hotels not sure though)at Ogbor Hill bridge which is being occupied by Military/Policemen but it seem that its foundation is faulty according what I heard.
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by sam90s(m): 7:58pm On Oct 23, 2014
[quote author=Dereformer post=27391049]GEJ is working[/quote.

This has nothing to do with Gej.
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 23, 2014
TomSowell:
you reason like an imbeciile .why would a bunch of "village illiterates" need a university?the oldest university in Nigeria is University of Ibadan. the university was built in correspondence to elementary and High school built years early.

So it took 60 years to educate primary/secondary school students before you could build universities for them? What nonsense are you on about?

plus,there were very few people back then.

Nigeria had a population of nearly 50 million at independence. What ''few people'' are you talking about?

Nigeria was developed by the British according to the times.

Nigeria was NOT developed by the British. The British left a totally underdeveloped territory to Nigerians after 63 years of uninterrupted British rule.

modern electricity was just invented in 1879 by Thomas Edison.America and Europe had to be powered first before building an effective plant for a bunch of "village illiterates"

The highlighted says it all (although you're too dense to realize it). See, we want a govt for whom WE, Nigerians, are the priority, NOT ''Europe''. Just as we reject the idea of foreign rule today on the same basis - that such foreign rule will always maintain a priority to ''take care of Europe first''. Therefore it is rejected. Comprehend?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by roufy235(m): 7:59pm On Oct 23, 2014
nice
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by iconize(m): 8:01pm On Oct 23, 2014
ROSSIKE:
Are you suggesting we don't have impressive examples of the above? You'd be wrong.

Rossike, let me pretend you don't understand my point even though you do understand.

Should your Nigeria be matching its achievements with Zimbabwe's at this stage or Germany?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by ehiabj(f): 8:02pm On Oct 23, 2014
Great job.....

God bless Nigeria!
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by jah304(m): 8:03pm On Oct 23, 2014
ds nation z one of a kind, the buildings ar awesome,cool nd nice,make me wana rap c rymes
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by iconize(m): 8:03pm On Oct 23, 2014
TomSowell:
you reason like an imbeciile .why would a bunch of "village illiterates" need a university?the oldest university in Nigeria is University of Ibadan. the university was built in correspondence to elementary and High school built years early. For example; Hope Waddell Institution and Methodist Boys High school in Calabar . plus,there were very few people back then. Nigeria was developed by the British according to the times. modern electricity was just invented in 1879 by Thomas Edison.America and Europe had to be powered first before building an effective plant for a bunch of "village illiterates"
It was very easy for the British to take advantage of this bunch of "Inferior village Illiterates". the literates had no knowledge or means of drilling the iron ore,diamond or coal . don't blame the player,blame the game.
you probably studied or lived in the US,Canada,Australia or Europe. you should be grateful for the opportunity granted to you by your white colonial master instead of acting like a stubborn prideful punk.

Believe me, you just off loaded a truck load full of vacuous gibberish.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by tohshine(m): 8:05pm On Oct 23, 2014
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by iconize(m): 8:05pm On Oct 23, 2014
Orikinla:
Except for Mapo Hall, none of them is a tourist attraction by world class standards.

Which of the Mapo halls? If there's another Mapo hall apart from the one on this thread, please kindly upload the pictures.
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by Nobody: 8:07pm On Oct 23, 2014
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by Nobody: 8:09pm On Oct 23, 2014
pls pls is it for sale,I buy houses and properties, pls contact me if it 's for sell.
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by jeeqaa7(m): 8:09pm On Oct 23, 2014
Dereformer:
GEJ is working

Mooonkey! Which of these buidings was built in his tenure? U just open ur mouth and thrash flies out #otde

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 23, 2014
TomSowell:
you haven't been able to utilized the billions or trillions of dollars worth of oil revenue.you haven't been able to build an organized society. you are annoying .

Considering we started from near absolute NOTHING on ground in 1960, I'd say we've come a long way. It takes time to build advanced societies.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by Nobody: 8:14pm On Oct 23, 2014
Orikinla:
Lol lol lol lol.
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by Nobody: 8:14pm On Oct 23, 2014
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by Nobody: 8:19pm On Oct 23, 2014
Rossike, it must be you. Unfortunately, many will start comparing a 54yrs old man to a 300 yrs old woman if you get what I mean.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by efembaba(m): 8:19pm On Oct 23, 2014
how i wish all these buildings were in my village
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by Profuzi: 8:20pm On Oct 23, 2014
Wow at that central bank building. I always wondered what the building with the blinking helipad lights was....

Meanwhile guys, I need your help, find details below:

Do you live in Oniru, Lekki or Ajah?? If yes, we need your help!!

Boardroom Nigeria is carrying out an online survey on the state of housing in the area and we need your responses. The survey is short, very easy to fill and shouldn't take more than 2 minutes.

You can access the survey here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1lreTjGTs2URsAUznM4YPaQorLGLdVgV8t-NV_qYi2oo/viewform?usp=send_form

On the other hand if you live on the Mainland, Ikoyi or VI, please fill this one:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1XL2VanDyuvWeIdKpN9WdMODdMdjQMXYr9s3jqsOXU0M/viewform?usp=send_form

Your responses are important to us and will be treated with utmost confidentiality. Plus there are four Jumia vouchers worth N5,000 each up for grabs!!! Fill the survey now for a chance to be one of the lucky winners!!

Thanks in anticipation of your cooperation.
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by olabodejinad: 8:22pm On Oct 23, 2014
Natural history museum, OAU

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook / Boko Haram Killing Yorubas And Igbos 3-days Expired (pix)! -vanguard Newspaper / Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.