Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,876 members, 7,824,647 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

Would A Private Investigation Firm In Lagos Make Money? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Would A Private Investigation Firm In Lagos Make Money? (5484 Views)

Tony Elumelu Working In A Private Jet (PICS) / How To Setup A Money-Lending Firm In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would A Private Investigation Firm In Lagos Make Money? by nateone(m): 9:40am On Aug 04, 2006
HI THERE NAIRALANDERS,
Iwant this thread to enlighten one on the profit of starting a private investigation company in Lagos, i have a friend in the force who is planing on retiring and hes planning on starting such firm in lagos nigeria,pls is there any one currently in nigeria you know or have done job for you, is it profitable here in nigeria.thanks
Re: Would A Private Investigation Firm In Lagos Make Money? by gigitte(f): 5:46am On Aug 05, 2006
of course!

think of all the madams that want to know which uni girl oga/chief is banging this week
think of all the ogas that want to know whose is stealing the cement from the site of their new mansion
think of all the chix that want to make sure their man is not a yahoo yahoo, gay or cheating with their best friend

etc etc

altho on second thot, i think nigerians had mechanisms to deal with situations like this. but there is a market sha!

1 Like

Re: Would A Private Investigation Firm In Lagos Make Money? by papapikin(m): 6:03am On Aug 05, 2006
To be honest dear, the same way we have been taught, schooled and skilled by good "ol" mother hardship in Nigeria to duplicate materials like cars, metalware, shoes and so forth, is the same way that we have it in us NATURALLY to suspect our parties and investigate our problems (whether it consists of infidelity or theft)

I think it is a futile concept if applied to the Nigerian society because . . . Unlike  Europe and the US where nobody knows his neighbour, Nigeria is a small country by intergration of schools and so forth whereby either YOU do the catching or your NEIGHBOUR will for you , , , FREE OF CHARGE!!!
Re: Would A Private Investigation Firm In Lagos Make Money? by gigitte(f): 6:06am On Aug 05, 2006
oh yah i get what u mean
i addressed that in the latter part of my second post when i said that we already had mechanisms in place for dealing with such already (tatafos adn the like)

the thing is that, even tho it is free of charge, its not professional after all how are u sure so and so tatafo will not go and misuse the info. well if you are looking for professional services, this bobo is here
Re: Would A Private Investigation Firm In Lagos Make Money? by papapikin(m): 6:17am On Aug 05, 2006
(Smiling) @ gigitte

Dear,

the half of it has not been mentioned . . . Banks and courts of law in Nigeria are not trust worthy. Who and what would pass a private investigation firm as legit when the quest for the naira is soooo high?

In my opinion one could be ready to give up any information to suit his client's tastebuds just for a repeat contract and the cash , , , mindless of what caos it'll cause in the prospective clients' home.

In other words, I would rather hear from a tatafo than a private investigator because , , , one of them, after all said and done, whether the information is true or false , , , one of them . . . is free.
Re: Would A Private Investigation Firm In Lagos Make Money? by gigitte(f): 6:20am On Aug 05, 2006
lol quite right!
grin
Re: Would A Private Investigation Firm In Lagos Make Money? by papapikin(m): 6:29am On Aug 05, 2006
I'm glad you agree!!! Now on to another main event. wink
Re: Would A Private Investigation Firm In Lagos Make Money? by faa(f): 6:18pm On Aug 05, 2006
I think so, especially when most men are busy cheating on their wives during their "business" trips;
Re: Would A Private Investigation Firm In Lagos Make Money? by OldGlory1(m): 8:03pm On Aug 05, 2006
Papapikin

Where in MD are you? Them lips are sexy!!! I am just "Investigating how you got them Lips". Please respond so that i will not have to subpoena the whole body.

@Topic

I think the Investigator thingy will work, but will not pay that much.
Re: Would A Private Investigation Firm In Lagos Make Money? by tianshie(m): 9:24pm On Aug 05, 2006
I think it would work.And pay well too,the guy should look at profit making in the long term.
I'm sure there are high profile clients who would like to keep tabs on the spouse's itinerary.

Ignore the naysayers,I'm sure if Drycleaning were newly introduced to Nigeria,the same people would say it won't work because every Nigerian's been trained to do his laundry!duh!

2 Likes

Re: Would A Private Investigation Firm In Lagos Make Money? by papapikin(m): 5:31am On Aug 06, 2006
Lol@ Old glory,

Where are you? I'm in Hyattsville . . . I don't seem to find a pic on your profile.

@tianshie, I still disagree . . . I'm not saying the business will be a total flop, my point is , atmosphere has a lot to do with any event progressing or regressing. In other words, for such a business to work in a country such as ours, it would involve the most recent technological gadgets.

Cameras are not trusted these days . . . Alamiesegha was seen in the papers not too long ago dressed in buba and wrapper, another time he had a wig on.

It is said that these pictures were the results of graphic alterations . . .

Secondly, with the strength, level and degree in which our men and women are capable of denying accusations laid on them, it will take red hand catching to prove anything in Nigeria .

There is no guarantee even when they are caught red handed that the person they are caught with won't turn out being an "uncle", Pastor" or an "aunt"
Re: Would A Private Investigation Firm In Lagos Make Money? by kimba(m): 9:52am On Aug 06, 2006
Private investigation ko, Corporate Investigation ni,

The question is, how do we know the Private Investigator is telling the truth. There is no truth in the Public/National/whatever investigators who are empowered by the law to investigate. In the kind of Nigeria that we have today, where everybody suspects everybody, what has the private investigator gotta prove about himself to me, that he is as credible as he claims. The way I see it , he, the Private investigator is looking for trouble.

In a country where there is no law binding me to open my mouth and say what I saw and didnt see, with me fully informed and aware that witholding of information vital in catching a criminal(for example) is a terrible offense punishable by law, where is the law sef? in a country where its better to keep quiet and let-what-be-that-will-be, at least for my own safety, I believe the Private Investigator has no hope.

Example: Doesnt the IG know the problems that the Agberos, touts and their likes are causing for motorists and individuals in Lagos state? What has been done about it? Stop and search police have become stop and steal.

Does the Nigerian police want to tell Nigeria that up till today they dont know, they have no clue about the murder/s of Bola Ige? tell me more about Private Investigation. Who will give the Private Investigator the information he is looking for?

1 Like

Re: Would A Private Investigation Firm In Lagos Make Money? by OldGlory1(m): 12:50pm On Aug 06, 2006
PapaPikin

I have been to the DC/Area a lot of times on business, i live in the Original Chocolate City. But you Lips drew me in. and i am glad i got a response from you. You are cute!! Do what you do!! Hyattsville is exit 27 on 495 abi? That is going thru New Hampshire Ave toward Langley Park.
Re: Would A Private Investigation Firm In Lagos Make Money? by tianshie(m): 3:26pm On Aug 06, 2006
@papapikin
Catch your drift but for a woman who claims to be in abuja on business, caught on tape with a man in Lagos to fully exculpate herself she's got to have more than just a smooth tongue.
The pic in your profile is really s-u-l-t-r-y.

@old gloria
I'm glad you've grown up.This sets you apart from the other teeny boppers on nairaland. Keep it up!
Re: Would A Private Investigation Firm In Lagos Make Money? by papapikin(m): 3:59pm On Aug 06, 2006
@ Old glory,
glad to know you've been to the Dc area. When are you visiting again? About exit 27, I do know there is a new Hamshire exit taking you through White Oak all the way up to Langley Park (the Hispanic zone wink I'm just not sure what exit it is . . .

I however am sure that the quickest way off of 495 to get to Langley Park would be the University boulevard exit which happens to be 29 grin . . . Do visit again!!!

@ Tianshie, hi there, I'm glad we both agree that the most convincing way would be to be caught on tape. The bottom line is, I still think this business would not be as lucrative in this country as it seems.

Check this out: If a woman does the hiring of the private detective and actually catches her husband cheating, , , what goes next?
MEN IN THIS COUNTRY HAVE THE RIGHT TO POLIGAMY!!!

He could say anything to wriggle out of it. . . . Or worse case scenario, , , out with the old and in with the new iyawo. NIGERIA IS LAWLESS AND DOES NOT FAVOUR WOMEN IN TERMS OF BENEFITS AFTER DIVORCE.

Very few women would want to risk their already existing "wifey" positions. In fact Some women do know their husbands are cheating and the farthest they've gone is to resort to prayer and fasting!

And if it's the Other way around, yeah, things might get hot but let's face a fact . . . Women would be the ones with more time on their hands to dabble into such adventure. smiley
Re: Would A Private Investigation Firm In Lagos Make Money? by Seun(m): 10:02pm On Aug 06, 2006
The arguments given so far against your business idea are very weak.

You do the catching or your neighbour will for you, free of charge!
- A paid agent who has a reputation to protect will be more reliable than a jobless neighbour.
- Your neighbour is not going to follow your spouse to her hotel when she is out on "business".

what would pass a private investigation firm as legit when the quest for the naira is soooo high?
Illogical question. The private investigation firm will provide video evidence to their paying customer.

The question is, how do we know the Private Investigator is telling the truth.
Video evidence can be collected as well as audio recordings. Have you not watched Cheaters?

Very few women would want to risk their already existing "wifey" positions.

1) Assuming there is no woman who is willing to discover the truth of her husband's infidelity, there are millions of men in the country that might be interested in what their wives are doing in secret. That's enough!

2) Even if a wife is not willing to leave her husband in the case of infidelity, she'll want to be sure about whether he's cheating on her or not. If he is, she'll insist on using a condom anytime they are having sex.

3) Since there are so many women who will give their husbands hell if they have concrete evidence of infidelity, the premise of your entire argument is wrong!

A private investigation firm would be incredibly successful in Nigeria. You'll make millions!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Would A Private Investigation Firm In Lagos Make Money? by LoverBwoy(m): 3:22am On Aug 07, 2006
Erm what does private investigation has to do with Oga's wife and mai guard alone?

i think given the right laws it would be a very profitable business
especially for the police,government banks and so on

if for example they have the freedom of information act; the investigator would have access to peoples bank transfers and would have access to (bank statements) for EFCC ICPC and co

even our Sun newspaper will expose some senators with their pants down in hotel rooms with little school girls- live  grin
Re: Would A Private Investigation Firm In Lagos Make Money? by tianshie(m): 9:39pm On Aug 07, 2006
@ seun
completely spot on!
my precise thoughts.
Re: Would A Private Investigation Firm In Lagos Make Money? by kimba(m): 10:07pm On Aug 07, 2006
@Seun
Video evidence can be collected as well as audio recordings. Have you not watched Cheaters?
Yes, video evidence can be collected, and that may do in an Oga's/Madam's extra-curricular affairs scene.

@LoverBwoy
if for example they have the freedom of information act; the investigator would be have access to people bank transfers and would have acess to a copt for EFCC ICPC and co
yes, this is what im talking about!!!! but definitely they would not have freedom of speech

Erm why does private investigation has to do with Oga's wife and mai guard alone?
Thank you o, abeg, ask them!!

Does the Nigerian government need any more Video Evidence that Nigerian Police are corrupt? What have they done about it? Nothing!!!
Re: Would A Private Investigation Firm In Lagos Make Money? by LoverBwoy(m): 2:23am On Aug 08, 2006
Does the Nigerian government need any more Video Evidence that Nigerian Police are corrupt? What have they done about it? Nothing!!!

I think the T.V stations in nigeria should broadcast police officials taking bribes and committing crime grin grin grin
Re: Would A Private Investigation Firm In Lagos Make Money? by adeg(m): 10:19am On Aug 24, 2006
Long overdue.

Bet will be very successful for whoever can pay the price to blaze the trail.

Pls I will like to know info from your contact when he eventually starts, to give him business.
Re: Would A Private Investigation Firm In Lagos Make Money? by oell(m): 2:36pm On Sep 12, 2007
I JUST READ THIS THREAD HAVING RECENTLY JOINED, I DO HAPPEN TO KNOW THAT SOMEONE HAS STARTED A "CHEATERS" LIKE INVESTIGATION OUT FIT.

MAIL ME IF YOU NEED INFO
Re: Would A Private Investigation Firm In Lagos Make Money? by oisrael(m): 1:02pm On Sep 13, 2007
You know what? Just start the business, Lets see how it goes. You never can tell it may sell more than pure water.
Re: Would A Private Investigation Firm In Lagos Make Money? by Anio(f): 10:07am On Sep 15, 2007
I don't know why people just assume that private investigators are for only marital and extra-marital issues.

You can screen fraudulent people, for companies who want to employ senior level staff. Investigate mysterious happenings, disappearances, thefts, murders (if you're willing to go that far) etc considering our police force doesn't provide such services. You just need to decide how far you want to go. You might also want to have some lawyers on your team to assist with the legal framework.

This is a new terrain and if you have the vision for it - you will succeed. You don't need everyone to patronise you, just a few who need your services and can pay.
Re: Would A Private Investigation Firm In Lagos Make Money? by onatisi(m): 5:06pm On Sep 16, 2007
if it is handle with care and professionalism i believe this is one of the greatest ideas of the year , a lot of men will like to know who their wife is banging likewise the madam , a lot of parent will like to have background information on who their sons and daughters is willing to marry so also on the business front , companies stealing information and business owners wanting to know who and who is stealing and duping the company .
over all i think it is a wonderful idea , but pls pls pls do it professionally there are training institute for the profession abroad pls do it right
Re: Would A Private Investigation Firm In Lagos Make Money? by TOWE: 8:12am On Apr 25, 2017
Please I need an investigator in Osogbo to investigate land matter, pls any info contact: 08091403364 thks
Re: Would A Private Investigation Firm In Lagos Make Money? by James4424: 1:42am On Mar 03, 2019
nateone:
HI THERE NAIRALANDERS,
Iwant this thread to enlighten one on the profit of starting a private investigation company in Lagos, i have a friend in the force who is planing on retiring and hes planning on starting such firm in lagos nigeria,pls is there any one currently in nigeria you know or have done job for you, is it profitable here in nigeria.thanks

Pls where is your firm. I need your help
Re: Would A Private Investigation Firm In Lagos Make Money? by AuthorGIFT(m): 10:36pm On Aug 26, 2020
I do support you
Even me i'm planning on investigating just about anything that comes my way accusation,murder,help police,banks,churches,companies, and even up to schools and might not even consider infidelity lols

(1) (Reply)

Making $1 Billion Dollars. The Real Life Story Of A Nigerian / Which Investment Can A Man Do With 5,000 / I Will Open A Clickbank Account Free Of Charge For 7 People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.