Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,369 members, 7,819,328 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

Making $1 Billion Dollars. The Real Life Story Of A Nigerian - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Making $1 Billion Dollars. The Real Life Story Of A Nigerian (5475 Views)

British International Investment Opens In Nigeria With $1 Billion Pledge / Tobi Amira: Moniepoint Processes $7 Billion Dollars Monthly In Nigeria (Video) / Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Making $1 Billion Dollars. The Real Life Story Of A Nigerian by grabdbull: 1:38pm On Feb 14, 2018
This is the first time readers in Nigeria will get to follow the financial manoeuvres of a serial entrepreneur in real time with proof of success of his recent venture.

The aim of this article is to acknowledge what can be achieved with the right information, even from Nigeria, and to walk in the shoes of one of those taking the business risks.

We are also looking at the future-tense so that our analysis is not based on hind-sight since we all know that hind-sight is 20-20, while foresight is always rather blurry.

At least one reader will realize that this success story is not a history lesson, but clear and executable information already being implemented by those in the know. Such a reader will bookmark this page, so that if he can’t finish reading at once, he’ll come back to it later. After understanding the article, he will come with me into the engine room where he will get at least one piece of information on the next big thing happening soon.

It might be a long read, but readers who follow it to the end and might learn exactly what to do with that loose change they may have wasted on some random plates of pepper-soup.

I will update the post (it's very long) until we have the full gist on this thread.

For those who can't wait for me, you can get the full article. Pls if you find this interesting, kindly keep this thread alive by dropping a comment at least twice daily as I update it.

http://www.fundscheap.com/making-a-billion-dollars-a-real-life-story/
Re: Making $1 Billion Dollars. The Real Life Story Of A Nigerian by grabdbull: 1:40pm On Feb 14, 2018
LET’S GET STARTED

We are all witnesses to how young Nigerians have found success through online businesses, however not many such stories are well documented for the purpose of inspiring the younger ones that “legit” success is possible and achievable online.

Most accounts on the activities of these resilient Nigerian entrepreneurs are rendered in retrospect.

In this article, I will be following the real life journey of such an entrepreneur, but I will be doing something totally different –

Not only will I look at his past, but I will give our readers an insight into his next big business step, which, all things being equal, will start to unravel in the next 3 days, specifically on the 16th of February 2018.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Making $1 Billion Dollars. The Real Life Story Of A Nigerian by grabdbull: 1:43pm On Feb 14, 2018
The achievement including business structures and net-worth, was attained with no government patronage, no contracts, no white collar job, no illegality, no cheating, no godfather, no apprenticeship and not one job application was submitted.

For any reader who already has a job, they are in a better position than this young man ever was, because they have a salary from where they can build a little capital, no matter how small. If anyone thinks N5,000 is too small to start something, perhaps he doesn’t fully appreciate what infotech has done and is doing in the lives of many. At the end of this write-up such a person could decide to ride the train our entrepreneur is currently on.

This is a true story but since I am counting on him writing his memoirs himself for posterity, I will conceal a lot about his identity until he is all good and ready. While hiding his identity and those of his businesses, if I write only past happenings, some might doubt the authenticity. Writing about the future however, will help our readers follow his progress, partake in it if they so choose, and once success is established in this new venture, interested readers will get the opportunity to know about his next project after this with ample time to decide what to do with the information.

So how did this young man – let’s call him the “young sage” – get to the position where we get to follow him as he joins the billionaire’s club?

Re: Making $1 Billion Dollars. The Real Life Story Of A Nigerian by grabdbull: 1:50pm On Feb 14, 2018
Brb
Re: Making $1 Billion Dollars. The Real Life Story Of A Nigerian by grabdbull: 8:59pm On Feb 14, 2018
EARLY BUSINESS VENTURES

Well, it all started around 2002 when the young man, then a fresh student in the university spent countless hours trying to find which business he could do to keep him buoyant in school, ending up with a decision to re-sell web hosting and to a lesser degree, web design.

Actually, it started a lot earlier than that, when as a six year old boy, he used to catch colorful beetles, tie a rope round them, take to school and sell each for the princely sum of 50 Kobo. He then progressed to catching birds, and this was all in primary school. One key thing was that he never spent any substantial part of the money he made, and his piggy-bank was always filled to the brim with cash. Why he did those things, no one knew, because he did not lack any of the basics at that time, and if he did lack, it was not the place of a child to reason that way. All I can say is that he is another proof that some people are born entrepreneurs, and if he did not engage in those activities, he would remain restless until he got something going. Anyway, I digress as this paragraph is a story for another day.

Re: Making $1 Billion Dollars. The Real Life Story Of A Nigerian by telealpha123(m): 9:24pm On Feb 14, 2018
nice, am following op.
Re: Making $1 Billion Dollars. The Real Life Story Of A Nigerian by grabdbull: 4:18am On Feb 15, 2018
telealpha123:
nice, am following op.

I love this. Your statement is the encouragement I need to update nairaland with the progress of this article.

Thanks.
Re: Making $1 Billion Dollars. The Real Life Story Of A Nigerian by grabdbull: 4:20am On Feb 15, 2018
So back to 2002, and our young sage was making some decent income from re-selling web hosting and website design. Those early years, the few people who carried out these activities in Nigeria were sought out by a fairly decent clientele base. Notwithstanding, he felt his time could be better spent engaging in more fruitful ventures, so he started another round of research which culminated in him discovering e-gold. He was actually one of the first to bring e-gold to Nigeria, but for 2002 and 2003, it was re-selling web-hosting and web design. Not your regular money spinner, right?

1 Like

Re: Making $1 Billion Dollars. The Real Life Story Of A Nigerian by grabdbull: 4:33am On Feb 15, 2018
…AND THERE WAS E-GOLD

Sometime between 2003 and 2004 ( I can’t remember the exact year), the young sage started sending wire transfers to purchase e-gold for onward sales to Nigerians who wanted to execute international transactions. Remember, it was 2003-2004, and you could not make foreign payments using local debit cards. To start, he had to meet some family members who helped add to his capital, a very modest sum of money. This business saw the young man build capital sufficiently enough to move his home/office to a more conducive location, and his e-currency exchange was born.

Interestingly, many of his friends whom he put into the business also made a decent living from the e-currency exchange business, showing that the model was not only viable, it was sustainable.

Re: Making $1 Billion Dollars. The Real Life Story Of A Nigerian by grabdbull: 8:31am On Feb 15, 2018
E-GOLD COLLAPSED. WELCOME LIBERTY RESERVE

While many people rushed in to start selling e-gold fueled by the copycat syndrome, our sage kept researching to get something more unique to diversify into. With the eventual collapse of e-gold, he was one of the first set of people primed to commence trading in liberty reserve. Liberty reserve and other e-currency exchange businesses helped the young man to live comfortably, employing tens of Staff to manage these and other businesses in addition to acquiring some hectares of virgin land in a fast expanding area in Lagos state (These plots today are worth more than 10 times what he paid for them.)

It is instructive to note that he has not worked for anyone ever, not for one blessed minute. He was actually a made man right from school.
Re: Making $1 Billion Dollars. The Real Life Story Of A Nigerian by grabdbull: 9:12am On Feb 15, 2018
REAL ESTATE

While he had businesses giving him “everyday money” he showed a lot of vision in buying property at “about to develop” locations and keeping same even when they had appreciated more than 10 times in value.

In doing all these businesses, he kept researching for the next big, enduring product to add to his little empire. Luckily, he discovered sports entertainment before the Liberty reserve had their issues.

Re: Making $1 Billion Dollars. The Real Life Story Of A Nigerian by grabdbull: 12:08pm On Feb 15, 2018
SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT

Sports entertainment proved to be the sector that would make our sage a multi-millionaire in dollars and he started his company around 2013. If I call out the name of the company, you would be able to get his details with a little search, but like I said from the beginning, he has to remain anonymous.

While he had become a reasonably rich young man in 2016, still under 35 years, he had already started seeing a huge influx of investors coming into the sports entertainment niche, thereby thinning out margins and fueling under-hand tactics of competition, his innovative side continued to seek out new investments that would be more enduring.

1 Like

Re: Making $1 Billion Dollars. The Real Life Story Of A Nigerian by Neroclassic(m): 1:38pm On Feb 15, 2018
sounds like Akin Alabi. But what do I know? following this nice write up. I believe it'll be worth my while.
Re: Making $1 Billion Dollars. The Real Life Story Of A Nigerian by kamnene(f): 2:03pm On Feb 15, 2018
I think it's Akin Alabi, my mentor
Re: Making $1 Billion Dollars. The Real Life Story Of A Nigerian by grabdbull: 3:52pm On Feb 15, 2018
kamnene:
I think it's Akin Alabi, my mentor
Neroclassic:
sounds like Akin Alabi. But what do I know? following this nice write up. I believe it'll be worth my while.

Thanks for keeping the thread going and for the kind words.

As per the identity of the person in question, I'd like to respect his right to release his memoirs himself.
Re: Making $1 Billion Dollars. The Real Life Story Of A Nigerian by grabdbull: 3:56pm On Feb 15, 2018
IN COMES BITCOIN

Bitcoin has been in existence since 2009, but it was not until 2016 that it started to experience sustained gains, thanks in part to demand from Nigerians to fund MMM and the likes. Bitcoin, like we predicted based on a video from a world-renowned expert, was headed for a crash.

The young sage refused to invest in Bitcoin, neither did he disregard it. Instead, he studied its pattern, and why it fluctuated so much, and why it was so prone to speculation.

1 Share

Re: Making $1 Billion Dollars. The Real Life Story Of A Nigerian by WHIZKIDEFE(m): 4:35pm On Feb 15, 2018
After reading this post, Ymodulus came to my mind.
That guy is an entreprenuer(hustler) that inspires and motivates me.
-
Search for his name here and read his posts/topics and you will understand what i'm talking about.

1 Like

Re: Making $1 Billion Dollars. The Real Life Story Of A Nigerian by grabdbull: 8:51pm On Feb 15, 2018
WHIZKIDEFE:
After reading this post, Ymodulus came to my mind.
That guy is an entreprenuer(hustler) that inspires and motivates me.
-
Search for his name here and read his posts/topics and you will understand what i'm talking about.

Nice one.

So many people doing great things, yet remaining in the shadows cos they don't want the publicity. Their strategy however, can serve as a blueprint that can help reduce unemployment and underemployment.
Re: Making $1 Billion Dollars. The Real Life Story Of A Nigerian by grabdbull: 8:52pm On Feb 15, 2018
Continued...

…BUT WAS BITCOIN THE BEST INVESTMENT FOR HIM?

He then devised certain criteria under which he would invest in any cryptocurrency. I’d share this criteria, but its best I do that with readers who will come with me into the engine room.

Towards the end of 2016, he started investing in his chosen cryptocurrency based on key information he had gleaned. In comparison to Bitcoin which has fluctuated wildly, his chosen coin has continued to appreciate. In fact, from a value less than $1 when he started investing in it, the coin got to a price of over $350 during a certain spike.

Re: Making $1 Billion Dollars. The Real Life Story Of A Nigerian by grabdbull: 8:57pm On Feb 15, 2018
That means if anyone had invested something as small as $10 (N3,630) in that coin, he could have sold for more than $3,500 (N1,270,500) in less than one year, and this gain was caused by the activities of a very few people who knew something others didn’t. They knew that a big organization was planning to adopt this coin for use as base coin in an upcoming coin exchange.

The base coin will make it cheaper for people to acquire Bitcoin as well as real estate, and all things being equal, this coin exchange will be launched on the 16th of February 2018.

One may be tempted to ask – “Cryptocurrencies crashed in February. What makes this different?”

Answer – The criteria used in choosing this coin, including daily volume, availability, market capitalization, etc ensures that this coin is a store of value and remains stable no matter what happens in the market.
Re: Making $1 Billion Dollars. The Real Life Story Of A Nigerian by grabdbull: 8:58pm On Feb 15, 2018
So, while Bitcoin has fallen in the last 3 months

Re: Making $1 Billion Dollars. The Real Life Story Of A Nigerian by grabdbull: 8:59pm On Feb 15, 2018
Our mystery coin remains stable and has even continued to gain value over the same period.

Re: Making $1 Billion Dollars. The Real Life Story Of A Nigerian by grabdbull: 9:02pm On Feb 15, 2018
Members with access to the engine room will get at least one piece of information that may turn N5000 to N5m, or maybe not. Keep reading and see how this pans out.
Re: Making $1 Billion Dollars. The Real Life Story Of A Nigerian by grabdbull: 9:05pm On Feb 15, 2018
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

1. One thing the analysis so far tells us is that the young sage knows how to filter his information and invest in the most profitable assets which is why he has grown from average student to a multi-millionaire in any currency.

2. Another take home from all this is that any Nigerian can make legitimate money online if he knows what to do, or at least follows in the steps those who are doing the right thing.

3. One of the coin exchange or real estate firms which will utilize this coin IS RUMORED TO start operations on the 16th of February 2018, yet the positive sentiments of just a few people has kept this coin gaining while other cryptos are falling.

4. When the coin is adopted and the mass market starts coming in, demand is projected to drive the price to at least 100 times where it is today.
Re: Making $1 Billion Dollars. The Real Life Story Of A Nigerian by grabdbull: 9:13pm On Feb 15, 2018
MAKING A BILLION DOLLARS

So let us say the young sage who was one of the first to start investing in this coin based on the information he got, has about $10 million in current value - a large chunk of the market.

Inside information says this coin is set to become more expensive than Bitcoin, just like BIT20 which is worth over $800,000 each, and 42-coin which is worth over $65,000 each.

His $10 million rising by a modest 10000% will take him where he wants to be. Now following this article, we will together track how his $10 million current value will fare in the next one year and see if he will achieve this goal.

We will also track how his investment in another coin with great market information will pan out in the next 3 months.
Re: Making $1 Billion Dollars. The Real Life Story Of A Nigerian by grabdbull: 9:16pm On Feb 15, 2018
REALITY TRACKING

The aim of this article is to acknowledge what can be achieved with the right information, even from Nigeria, and to walk in the shoes of one of those taking the business risks. We are also looking at the future-tense so that our analysis is not based on hind-sight since we all know that hind-sight is 20-20, while foresight is always rather blurry.

For the next one year, our readers have the chance to follow us on this trip, and I believe, whether it succeeds or fails, one key reader will learn something great. One may even decide to buy N5000 worth of coins as a simple bet to succeed, and see it grow to N500,000. Yet another may key into the new coin investment (the coin itself isn’t new) coming after this. That one costs less than $5 right now, and is touted to get to $5000 in 2 years. N5000 is so small that if one of our readers decides to buy on his own, he could change his financial situation significantly.

While we are not giving buying advice, we expect that the information we give our readers will be useful to them.

Re: Making $1 Billion Dollars. The Real Life Story Of A Nigerian by grabdbull: 9:33pm On Feb 15, 2018
THE ENGINE ROOM

The engine room is for our users who are intrigued about the prospect of following us on this trip even more closely than those who will get general information from this thread. In addition, members who have access to the engine room will get information about the next big coin in good time. As this present one continues to grow, it will give them the confidence that the new coin information is bankable information.

Anyone who follows and acts on information from the engine room is more likely to attain financial freedom quickly. The information may help grow N5,000 to N5m within two years; it may also go the other way and reduce N5,000 to N5. No one knows. Cryptos are volatile, but anyone who has actually read this article understands exactly what I’m saying and why getting access to this room makes a whole lot more sense than not getting access.

This link will take you to the page where you will subscribe for access to the engine room@N**** . The engine room is a private page.

Access to the engine room closes soon! This is not for doubters or those who value N**** more than more important things, so we only need those who can take charge and make up their minds quickly.

EDITED:
In addition to getting early information concerning the next investment of the young sage, we will try our best to address subscribers’ questions on where to buy the current coin, give info on how to obtain coins of value as low as N5,000, and which wallet we may like to suggest. It’s my desire that our brave subscribers will have access to obtain coins even if the capital they can spare is just N5,000 monthly.
Re: Making $1 Billion Dollars. The Real Life Story Of A Nigerian by grabdbull: 9:34pm On Feb 15, 2018
CONCLUSION

I’ve shown how the young sage, a 35 year old serial winner was able to build an empire worth several millions of dollars from nothing within 15 years – No job, no government contracts, no apprenticeship, no illegality.

I’ve invited our readers to follow him on a journey where he attempts to use key information gathered through an intelligence network, to grow his current holding in his recent venture to $1 billion within one year. Could his attempt fail? Very unlikely, but its a possibility.

If the attempt fails, it doesn’t matter, because we would have all learnt something great along the way, at least more insight into cryptocurrencies.

I had released this information long before today, and even after today, there is at least 72 hours before one of the key components happens – the launch of a cryptocurrency exchange which makes obtaining bitcoin cheaper, using our mystery coin. As events unfold, we release new posts as follow up to this one.

For our more ambitious readers who may want to key into the young man’s next project which is about to begin, they can gain access to the engine room. It’s theirs for the taking.

Anyone who follows and acts on information from the engine room is more likely to attain financial freedom quickly. The information may help grow N5,000 to N5m within two years; it may also go the other way and reduce N5,000 to N5. No one knows. Cryptos are volatile, but anyone who has actually read this article understands exactly what I’m saying and why getting access to this room makes a whole lot more sense than not getting access.

Note that we are not giving investment advice. Rather, we are just giving out information.
Re: Making $1 Billion Dollars. The Real Life Story Of A Nigerian by Nobody: 11:06pm On Feb 15, 2018
following
next
Re: Making $1 Billion Dollars. The Real Life Story Of A Nigerian by americanson: 3:04am On Feb 16, 2018
Neroclassic:
not akin Alabi. But I know the guy. He was featured in success digest as the first Nigerian internet business to make $1million. I can't remember his name exactly.
Re: Making $1 Billion Dollars. The Real Life Story Of A Nigerian by grabdbull: 7:42am On Feb 16, 2018
Thanks for keeping the thread going.

Today is the 16th, and hopefully, before midnight today, a coin exchange which tallies with the intel supplied will be opened somewhere in the world.

This exchange will make it a lot cheaper for Nigerians to obtain bitcoin.

I'll keep monitoring developments, and hopefully, there won't be a delay in the launch.
Re: Making $1 Billion Dollars. The Real Life Story Of A Nigerian by grabdbull: 7:09am On Feb 17, 2018
Previous article.

If you find yourself here, it’s probably because you had read the previous article here, which seeks to follow in real-time, the investment steps of a serial entrepreneur and winner.

We are not following in retrospect, but trying to see how he uses intel obtained in the course of doing business to determine where he invests his money. At the end of the day, at least one of our readers will key into his plans and change their financial situation for the better.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Paypal Payment Was Denied. Please Help. / Shoprite Coming To Asaba, Delta State / How do I make a Corporate Proposal to banks?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.