Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,844 members, 7,817,493 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

PDP Will Not Steal Our Votes – Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Will Not Steal Our Votes – Amaechi (815 Views)

APC Planning To Use Tribunals To Steal Our Little Victories, PDP Cries Out / Give Us Deputy Governor Slot Or Forget Our Votes- Igbo Leaders Tell Lagos PDP / CPC Chairman Alleges:-A Computer Program Was Specifically Designed To Reduce Our Votes(CHANNELS TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Will Not Steal Our Votes – Amaechi by cidieschat(m): 9:46pm On Oct 24, 2014
Rivers State Governor and Chairman of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum, Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi has called on Rivers people and the All Progressives Congress (APC) to resist the Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP) from manipulating and rigging the 2015 general elections in the state.

Amaechi stated this Friday during the joint graduation of students of University of Ibadan and Pioneer graduands of Ignatius Ajuru University of Education held at Rumuolumeni, in Port Harcourt.
He also expressed fears that if the PDP is allowed to rig and manipulate the election and President Jonathan is voted into office in 2015, poverty and underdevelopment will crumble the state.

According to him, “Now that, you are graduates, you are now eligible voters that can use your voters’ card to change society. Ask yourselves this question that I have always asked Rivers people. What have we (Rivers people) done to President Jonathan that he has refused to bring any project to Rivers State. We had to fight them before they could do the East-West road. I had to abuse the federal government and they abused me back, before they could do the work you now see on that road. Our President, from the South-South have taken our oil wells from Soku in Rivers State to Bayelsa State. What about the 41 oil wells in Etche that was given to Abia State? Is the President or his wife from Abia State? Why do they want us to suffer? If President Jonathan comes back to power in 2015, Rivers State economy will crash”, Amaechi said.

The State Chief Executive frowned at the consistent shortfall in oil revenue and the negative impact it has created to frustrate innocent Nigerians and urged the graduands to question the inconsistencies of the federal government.

“Graduands like you have the opportunity to ask the federal government to explain what they are doing with our money. Since September this year, federal government have not been able to pay any state from the federal allocation. They said, they don’t have money. This is the first time that our President is emerging as the 6th richest person in Africa”, Amaechi said.

Amaechi equally tasks the graduands to register as eligible voters ahead of the 2015 general elections.He further blamed the failure of the Rumuolumeni road construction project to an indigene of the area and described Nyesom Wike as a Minister who was incompetent.

“I told the people of Rumuolumneni that we have awarded N1.5 billion for their internal roads and have also paid the indigenous contractor who is from the area the sum of N700 million. We said, Rivers money for Rivers people, because they don’t have capital. This man took the contract and gave it to a man who now wants to be governor. This man that is been backed by the Mrs Jonathan gave N250 million to the indigenous contractor and disappeared with N450 million without constructing the road. And this is the man who wants to be governor, with billboards screaming the concept of New Vision. What kind of vision is that for a thief? They have been thieves for too long so it cannot be new vision. The only thing that is new is that he has industrialized stealing. The former Minister of State for Education in a radio interview said, he ‘shedded tears’. Everyone knows there’s no word like that. ”

Governor Amaechi also reminded the graduands on the role his administration played to stop militancy in the state and further assured that the Rumuolumeni and Rumpirikon roads will be completed.

“Remember, when I became governor, I fought militancy. Right there where you built a new house, there used to be a hole where they pass into the river and escape. The security report reached me and I came here and chased the militants away. I asked them to fence the school premises and block that hole. I have to protect you because, it is my responsibility. Some of the militants went to Lagos, Ivory Coast, Ghana etc. Today, they are back because the wife of the President brought them back to protest against me. I refused to give them money in Abuja because, if I do that, I won’t be able to carry out any development project or finish the road from Rumuolumeni to Rumuepirikom. The quarrel between me and the wife of the President is because she said I should bring your money, Rivers people money and share with her”, Amaechi explained.

Amaechi also stated his administration’s commitment to promote teacher education as a veritable tool for educational development.

“However, achieving quality education would be a mirage if teacher education, as a sub-sector, is not given deserved attention. Indeed, the success of an educational enterprise depends to a large extent on the availability of quality teachers in our schools. The Ignatius Ajuru University before it was upgraded to a University was established for the primary purpose of training teachers. It is expected to produce highly qualified teachers to teach school subjects at all levels of education; produce high-calibre scholars that would promote the growth and development of sound educational system and generally enhance the improvement of teaching standards. You can only meet these expectations by showing a high level of dedication and commitment to your career by demonstrating a high sense of responsibility in carrying out this important duty”, Amaechi said.

Press Unit
Government House, PH.
Re: PDP Will Not Steal Our Votes – Amaechi by Bugatie(m): 9:56pm On Oct 24, 2014
Noise maker!
Can someone pls beg Amaechi to utilise just a quarter of the the loan he procured to rehabilitate most of the bad roads in PH begging for his attention.

Off post; am not supporting Wike for governor but the massive crowd he pulled today must be giving Amaechi serious migraine

2 Likes

Re: PDP Will Not Steal Our Votes – Amaechi by xcolanto(m): 10:13pm On Oct 24, 2014
cidieschat:
Rivers State Governor and Chairman of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum, Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi has called on Rivers people and the All Progressives Congress (APC) to resist the Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP) from manipulating and rigging the 2015 general elections in the state.

Amaechi stated this Friday during the joint graduation of students of University of Ibadan and Pioneer graduands of Ignatius Ajuru University of Education held at Rumuolumeni, in Port Harcourt.
He also expressed fears that if the PDP is allowed to rig and manipulate the election and President Jonathan is voted into office in 2015, poverty and underdevelopment will crumble the state.

According to him, “Now that, you are graduates, you are now eligible voters that can use your voters’ card to change society. Ask yourselves this question that I have always asked Rivers people. What have we (Rivers people) done to President Jonathan that he has refused to bring any project to Rivers State. We had to fight them before they could do the East-West road. I had to abuse the federal government and they abused me back, before they could do the work you now see on that road. Our President, from the South-South have taken our oil wells from Soku in Rivers State to Bayelsa State. What about the 41 oil wells in Etche that was given to Abia State? Is the President or his wife from Abia State? Why do they want us to suffer? If President Jonathan comes back to power in 2015, Rivers State economy will crash”, Amaechi said.

The State Chief Executive frowned at the consistent shortfall in oil revenue and the negative impact it has created to frustrate innocent Nigerians and urged the graduands to question the inconsistencies of the federal government.

“Graduands like you have the opportunity to ask the federal government to explain what they are doing with our money. Since September this year, federal government have not been able to pay any state from the federal allocation. They said, they don’t have money. [/b]This is the first time that our President is emerging as the 6th richest person in Africa”, Amaechi said.[b]

Amaechi equally tasks the graduands to register as eligible voters ahead of the 2015 general elections.He further blamed the failure of the Rumuolumeni road construction project to an indigene of the area and described Nyesom Wike as a Minister who was incompetent.

“I told the people of Rumuolumneni that we have awarded N1.5 billion for their internal roads and have also paid the indigenous contractor who is from the area the sum of N700 million. We said, Rivers money for Rivers people, because they don’t have capital. This man took the contract and gave it to a man who now wants to be governor. This man that is been backed by the Mrs Jonathan gave N250 million to the indigenous contractor and disappeared with N450 million without constructing the road. And this is the man who wants to be governor, with billboards screaming the concept of New Vision. What kind of vision is that for a thief? They have been thieves for too long so it cannot be new vision. The only thing that is new is that he has industrialized stealing. The former Minister of State for Education in a radio interview said, he ‘shedded tears’. Everyone knows there’s no word like that. ”

Governor Amaechi also reminded the graduands on the role his administration played to stop militancy in the state and further assured that the Rumuolumeni and Rumpirikon roads will be completed.

“Remember, when I became governor, I fought militancy. Right there where you built a new house, there used to be a hole where they pass into the river and escape. The security report reached me and I came here and chased the militants away. I asked them to fence the school premises and block that hole. I have to protect you because, it is my responsibility. Some of the militants went to Lagos, Ivory Coast, Ghana etc. Today, they are back because the wife of the President brought them back to protest against me. I refused to give them money in Abuja because, if I do that, I won’t be able to carry out any development project or finish the road from Rumuolumeni to Rumuepirikom. The quarrel between me and the wife of the President is because she said I should bring your money, Rivers people money and share with her”, Amaechi explained.

Amaechi also stated his administration’s commitment to promote teacher education as a veritable tool for educational development.

“However, achieving quality education would be a mirage if teacher education, as a sub-sector, is not given deserved attention. Indeed, the success of an educational enterprise depends to a large extent on the availability of quality teachers in our schools. The Ignatius Ajuru University before it was upgraded to a University was established for the primary purpose of training teachers. It is expected to produce highly qualified teachers to teach school subjects at all levels of education; produce high-calibre scholars that would promote the growth and development of sound educational system and generally enhance the improvement of teaching standards. You can only meet these expectations by showing a high level of dedication and commitment to your career by demonstrating a high sense of responsibility in carrying out this important duty”, Amaechi said.

Press Unit
Government House, PH.

@bolded, Amaechi keeps making baseless statements! if his called upon to prove such careless words, am sure he would be quick to quote nairaland. Little wonder the saying goes "Birds of same feathers flock together". Since Amaechi joined APC he has been known for peddling lies, masterminding deceit and spreading falsehood.

1 Like

Re: PDP Will Not Steal Our Votes – Amaechi by ChimaAdeoye: 10:34pm On Oct 24, 2014
grin grin grin

Like Amaechi does not know he can't even secure 2000 votes in his LGA with his level of failure and defection to a party unpopular with his people.

grin Ok, let me help Amachi shout so that i go collect my own share.

"PDP don't steal Amaechi "billion" votes oh! Amaechi commands massive number of followers!!! grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: PDP Will Not Steal Our Votes – Amaechi by SeunEatsGARRI: 10:37pm On Oct 24, 2014
Goodluck Jonathan Ebele, p.hd, GCFR PDP. Remains my Mentor!

But if he can't act as a President and compel Barrister Nyesome Wike and Gov Amaechi to settle their beefs outside instead of using it as a yardstick to impose another 8years of IGBO leadership in Rivers State, then I loose my respect for him.

GEJ till 2023!

1 Like

Re: PDP Will Not Steal Our Votes – Amaechi by Dracula27: 10:44pm On Oct 24, 2014
Rivers State Governor from 2015.

Re: PDP Will Not Steal Our Votes – Amaechi by size38: 11:05pm On Oct 24, 2014
Yes master, we have heard u. We will do the needful in Rivers state and Nigeria by voting out GEJ and the PDP come 2015. GEJ is a complete failure and waste of South-south presidential slot. For Wike, he is unfit to be governor of our beloved Rivers state because he Wike, is so unrefined in character. Other states can have "Agbero" as their Governor but not in Rivers state.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Will Not Steal Our Votes – Amaechi by fitzmayowa: 11:20pm On Oct 24, 2014
The same party he constested under during 2011 election...that was declared free fair, is the same party he accuses of stealing votes....

Which mean the vote that brought him in under the "stealing/stealer" party were stolen...i guess he should return the stolen mandate...Some naija politicians sha...SMH

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

APC- PDP 16-year Rule Will End In 2015 / Modi, India's Anti-corruption, Reformist Prime Minister In Action / Omoyele Sowore,calls GEJ ''cheap Blackmailer, Denies $5M APC Mansion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.