Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,711 members, 7,831,224 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

How Can I Prepare The Efo Riro Delicacy.. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Can I Prepare The Efo Riro Delicacy.. (2505 Views)

7 Life Efo Riro Recipe / Vegetable soup with locust beans (efo Riro with Iru) / Please, How Do I Prepare Chinchin (with Good Flavours)-procedures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Prepare The Efo Riro Delicacy.. by Nobody: 2:57pm On Oct 25, 2014
Pls those from yoruba land, i wana learn how to prepare the Efo Riro delicacy...please teach me in detailed steps..thanks...

1 Like

Re: How Can I Prepare The Efo Riro Delicacy.. by Nobody: 3:20pm On Oct 25, 2014
Re: How Can I Prepare The Efo Riro Delicacy.. by Nobody: 5:02pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ingredients
1. Efo
2. Palm oil
3. Blended pepper (not smooth)
4. Smoked cat-fish
5. Ponmo (chopped into small pieces)
6. Locust beans (Iru)
7. Maggi and salt
8. Crayfish (not compulsory)
9. Chopped onions
10. Meat, fresh fish or fried fish and any other assorted things

How to prepare

Efo-riro is very simple. It doesn't require much wahala.
Step 1.
Put your pot on the fire, allow it to dry very well. Add your palm oil, add enough quantity.. Palm oil also determine if your cooking will produce the best efo-riro.
Add your chopped onion when the palm-oil is hot. Make sure it is not hot. We loose some essential parts of palm-oil when we over-heat them.

Step 2.
After adding your chopped onions, make sure it brings out a nice aroma before adding your blended pepper, maggi and salt to taste. Allow to cook for a while, preferably 2 minutes.
Pour the other ingredients eg the catfish, crayfish, chopped ponmo, and other things you want.
Allow to cook to some minutes, maybe 10 to 15 minutes or so...

Step 3.
Add your already-washed Efo and allow to cook for 3 minutes and that's all...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Prepare The Efo Riro Delicacy.. by Nobody: 1:16pm On Oct 26, 2014
temigracie:
Ingredients
1. Efo
2. Palm oil
3. Blended pepper (not smooth)
4. Smoked cat-fish
5. Ponmo (chopped into small pieces)
6. Locust beans (Iru)
7. Maggi and salt
8. Crayfish (not compulsory)
9. Chopped onions
10. Meat, fresh fish or fried fish and any other assorted things

How to prepare

Efo-riro is very simple. It doesn't require much wahala.
Step 1.
Put your pot on the fire, allow it to dry very well. Add your palm oil, add enough quantity.. Palm oil also determine if your cooking will produce the best efo-riro.
Add your chopped onion when the palm-oil is hot. Make sure it is not hot. We loose some essential parts of palm-oil when we over-heat them.

Step 2.
After adding your chopped onions, make sure it brings out a nice aroma before adding your blended pepper, maggi and salt to taste. Allow to cook for a while, preferably 2 minutes.
Pour the other ingredients eg the catfish, crayfish, chopped ponmo, and other things you want.
Allow to cook to some minutes, maybe 10 to 15 minutes or so...

Step 3.
Add your already-washed Efo and allow to cook for 3 minutes and that's all...
thnks temi...so whr can i buy efo? And wat does it look like
Re: How Can I Prepare The Efo Riro Delicacy.. by mamachops(f): 10:06pm On Oct 26, 2014
efo is green.....any market in nigeria has it. for good taste, blanch ur efo by soaking in boiled water for a few minuites, drain and add to the soup.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Prepare The Efo Riro Delicacy.. by ajuwarhodes(f): 5:50pm On Dec 14, 2014
When blanching ur efo,pls add salt before u pour hot water,so it can help make the sand in it go down into the bowl

(1) (Reply)

Python Killed at My Estate Gate This Morning(Video) / Is Human Flesh Sweet / What Can I Eat To Gain Weight ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.