Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,915 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:26 PM

(full Story & Photos) Fayemi Explains Why He ‘bought 2 Beds For N50m’. (see Why) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / (full Story & Photos) Fayemi Explains Why He ‘bought 2 Beds For N50m’. (see Why) (4384 Views)

Fayemi, Sumaila And Some Other Entourage Of Buhari Take A Street Pix In US / Buhari Introduces His Grandchildren To Fayemi, Amaechi (Photo) / Sss Director Declared Wanted By Boko Haram For N50m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

(full Story & Photos) Fayemi Explains Why He ‘bought 2 Beds For N50m’. (see Why) by StevinMorgan(m): 8:20pm On Oct 25, 2014
Immediate past governor of Ekiti State, Kayode John Fayemi has explained why he built the multi-mullion naira controversial Government House in the state.

The governor has been under attack lately for lavishing the state funds on the government lodge.
His predecessor, Ayo Fayose had claimed that the governor bought two beds for N50 million naira.
However, embattled Fayemi in a publication that showcased his achievements in Ekiti, explained why he embarked on the project.

He declared that ‘’The administration of Governor Kayode Fayemi in Ekiti State places much premium on infrastructure which it believes is a catalyst for modernizing the state.

“Infrastructural development is the second policy thrust of the 8-point agenda of the Fayemi administration otherwise known as the ‘Roadmap to Ekiti Recovery'”.

The publication reads thus: ‘’Desirous of being remembered for good by citizens of the State, the Fayemi administration conceived what it called ‘Legacy Projects’, bequeathed to the generations yet unborn.

‘’In conceiving the projects, the administration took cognizance of the need to execute projects that accord with the needs of the government and people of Ekiti and critically also, positively project the Land of Honour in the comity of states in Nigeria.

‘’Not ready to be encumbered by the meagre allocations from the Federation Account, as the state is 35th out of 36th on the nation’s revenue ladder, the administration secured a N25 billion bond from the Capital Market.

‘’Upon accessing the first tranche of N20 billion, the administration immediately embarked on the mission to change the face of the state with the Legacy Projects which the new Government House is one of them.”

According to Fayemi, ‘’Ekiti State has lived with the challenge of having a befitting Government House since the state was created on October 1, 1996. The first Military Administrator, as he was designated, Col. Inua Bawa (rtd), was holed-up in a borrowed apartment before building an official residence with bricks sourced from Ire-Ekiti Burnt Bricks Factory.

‘’Successive administrations since then made do with some buildings in the Government House complex, including the present abode of the state’s number one citizen known as the Osuntokun Lodge. The fact that the Lodge lacked many facilities befitting of the residence of a governor and therefore “very inferior” to other Government Houses in the country, made the need for a new Government House in Ekiti very imperative.

‘’This inadequacy came even more to the fore at the death of the former Deputy Governor, Mrs. Funmilayo Olayinka, with guests pouring in from all over the country to commiserate with the government and people of the state on the monumental loss. To add to the state’s sorrow, the governor could not receive two sets of guests at the same time.

‘’But that rather embarrassing experience has become history with the construction of the new Government House situated on the Ayoba Hills in Ado-Ekiti, the new edifice, like the biblical ‘House on a Hill’ can be seen from all parts of the city.

‘’While dismissing the claims of the opposition that the project is self-serving, Fayemi argued that the new Government House belongs to the people of Ekiti and not his personal property.

‘’He added that it would continue to serve as the official residence of all coming governors, long after he would have left office. The new Government House, will go down as an important statement of the New Ekiti that the Fayemi administration has always thought possible: It is an Ekiti State that plays second fiddle to none”.

Re: (full Story & Photos) Fayemi Explains Why He ‘bought 2 Beds For N50m’. (see Why) by tolugar: 8:24pm On Oct 25, 2014
s*ace b662ed
Re: (full Story & Photos) Fayemi Explains Why He ‘bought 2 Beds For N50m’. (see Why) by luvinhubby(m): 8:26pm On Oct 25, 2014
Did you spend N50 million on each set of bed for you & your wife, yes or no?
The deceptive stealing of these politicians is sickening.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: (full Story & Photos) Fayemi Explains Why He ‘bought 2 Beds For N50m’. (see Why) by bigtt76(f): 8:28pm On Oct 25, 2014
I see nothing wrong undecided ...you build a mansion and expect to have sleeping mats there? The critqiues must be madt grin

3 Likes

Re: (full Story & Photos) Fayemi Explains Why He ‘bought 2 Beds For N50m’. (see Why) by otukpo(f): 8:40pm On Oct 25, 2014
One bed for N50m.

Isoraitee

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: (full Story & Photos) Fayemi Explains Why He ‘bought 2 Beds For N50m’. (see Why) by Nobody: 8:45pm On Oct 25, 2014
you can pay some people 18000 as monthly salary because the state's poor....
But the state is rich to buy bed for 50 million Nigeria Naira...
Apc re wicked people.
Pdp re bitter people.
Nigerians re self centred.
No human's perfect...but Fayemi na were oo.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: (full Story & Photos) Fayemi Explains Why He ‘bought 2 Beds For N50m’. (see Why) by frankyychiji(f): 1:43am On Oct 26, 2014
No need for all the long story. Ekiti people should tell fayemi to come and carry his N100m beds away and while he is at it, the money should be deducted from his pension fund.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: (full Story & Photos) Fayemi Explains Why He ‘bought 2 Beds For N50m’. (see Why) by hugoart(m): 2:22am On Oct 26, 2014
Those beds are less than 2m each.
And the guy left the beds in the govt house for the new gov. who is a known thief, who was impeached for stealing 2.2bn poultry funds.
Money collected by Fayose in 2006,no poultry.
Tell me where's the crime in building a house for future governors (Fayose inclusive) of Ekiti state.
The thing is Fayose is there to steal again, so he wants to play a fast one on Fayemi, using him as the "fall guy".
We know that game.

2 Likes

Re: (full Story & Photos) Fayemi Explains Why He ‘bought 2 Beds For N50m’. (see Why) by Nobody: 4:00am On Oct 26, 2014
hugoart:
And the guy left the beds in the govt house for the new gov. who is a known thief, who was impeached for stealing 2.2bn poultry funds.
Tell me where's the crime in building a house for future governors (Fayose inclusive) of Ekiti state.
The thing is Fayose is there to steal again, so he wants to play a fast one on Fayemi, using him as the "fall guy".
We know that game.

You are sick?is these all you have to say about this?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: (full Story & Photos) Fayemi Explains Why He ‘bought 2 Beds For N50m’. (see Why) by Nobody: 4:35am On Oct 26, 2014
hugoart:
We know that game.
OK.if he bought the bed for 2m each. Where is the remaining 46m?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: (full Story & Photos) Fayemi Explains Why He ‘bought 2 Beds For N50m’. (see Why) by lonelydora: 4:37am On Oct 26, 2014
frankyychiji:
No need for all the long story. Ekiti people should tell fayemi to come and carry his N100m beds away and while he is at it, the money should be deducted from his pension fund.
Simple

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: (full Story & Photos) Fayemi Explains Why He ‘bought 2 Beds For N50m’. (see Why) by iamrealdeji(m): 5:36am On Oct 26, 2014
bigtt76:
I see nothing wrong undecided ...you build a mansion and expect to have sleeping mats there? The critqiues must be madt grin
You see nothing wrong in buying abed for 50m?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: (full Story & Photos) Fayemi Explains Why He ‘bought 2 Beds For N50m’. (see Why) by iamrealdeji(m): 5:37am On Oct 26, 2014
bigtt76:
You see nothing wrong in buying 2 beds for 50m?

1 Like

Re: (full Story & Photos) Fayemi Explains Why He ‘bought 2 Beds For N50m’. (see Why) by freelife4all(m): 6:02am On Oct 26, 2014
I weep for my country Nigeria, in fact am confuse of what to do with all these things that is happening in Nigeria. Some should be advice me on what to do, am ashamed of being a Nigeria, i want to denounce my citizenship.
Re: (full Story & Photos) Fayemi Explains Why He ‘bought 2 Beds For N50m’. (see Why) by Sunshineluv(f): 6:33am On Oct 26, 2014
hugoart:
We know that game.
50m for just two beds? Na wa o.. There is God oo

2 Likes

Re: (full Story & Photos) Fayemi Explains Why He ‘bought 2 Beds For N50m’. (see Why) by nationwide1(m): 6:34am On Oct 26, 2014
Surprisingly, someone people are in support of Dr Fayemi because of party affiliation. It's shameful to the 'saints' who see nothing wrong in this broad daylight robbery.

2 Likes

Re: (full Story & Photos) Fayemi Explains Why He ‘bought 2 Beds For N50m’. (see Why) by Sunshineluv(f): 6:36am On Oct 26, 2014
iamrealdeji:

You see nothing wrong in buying 2 beds for 50m?
He sees nothing wrong because its not PDP that bought the bed for 50m.

1 Like

Re: (full Story & Photos) Fayemi Explains Why He ‘bought 2 Beds For N50m’. (see Why) by NNMUU(m): 7:27am On Oct 26, 2014
50 million for a bed?
haha na, that's not possible. This guy probably Siphoned some money

1 Like

Re: (full Story & Photos) Fayemi Explains Why He ‘bought 2 Beds For N50m’. (see Why) by greaterlove(m): 8:22am On Oct 26, 2014
nationwide1:
Surprisingly, someone people are in support of Dr Fayemi because of party affiliation. It's shameful to the 'saints' who see nothing wrong in this broad daylight robbery.
He is their son, what do you expect?

1 Like

Re: (full Story & Photos) Fayemi Explains Why He ‘bought 2 Beds For N50m’. (see Why) by jaso1(m): 8:40am On Oct 26, 2014
I am not a supporter of Fayose and can never be. But the guy, irrespective of his loudness and hooliganism style of his govt, one should not trash truth coming out from him.
With level of poverty in Ekiti to be precise why should Fayemi as educated he is, a trumpet of good governance descend to that level of using money that can empower many Ekiti people for buying M50 bed?
In Fayemi case, one can begin to share some nonsensical statement that our so call brilliant age are worst than Abacha and IBB. If they had opportunity of leadership role they will finish this country more.
Re: (full Story & Photos) Fayemi Explains Why He ‘bought 2 Beds For N50m’. (see Why) by major466(m): 9:07am On Oct 26, 2014
This report gave no explanation why the ex governor had to spend 50 million naira to buy two beds. Is he hiding something?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: (full Story & Photos) Fayemi Explains Why He ‘bought 2 Beds For N50m’. (see Why) by mrofficial(m): 9:28am On Oct 26, 2014
Please someone should highlight where it is written or where he said he bought the beds for N50m each. undecided
Re: (full Story & Photos) Fayemi Explains Why He ‘bought 2 Beds For N50m’. (see Why) by Rexnegro(m): 9:29am On Oct 26, 2014
kolykoldy:
you can pay some people 18000 as monthly salary because the state's poor....
But the state is rich to buy bed for 50 million Nigeria Naira...
Apc re wicked people.
Pdp re bitter people.
Nigerians re self centred.
No human's perfect...but Fayemi na were oo.
Ur foolishness is legendary...d 18000 u talked abt is set at the federal by wich govt pdp or apc govt ? D allocation to ekiti state is so small yet na wich govt dey allocate am? Pdp or apc ? Before now ekiti state can't boost of a nation class govt house and infrastructure yet he used his sense to build one n gave it a state of the art infrastructures...is there anytin bad in it when its not his house or his bed that he spend 50m on , but a continue use for govt that's if used n maintain properly...to me fayemi didn't do anytin wrong...fayose just that he's a born wahala person so he's saying rubbish....even the fayose himself let him come n tell us how he claimed to have spent billions for a poultry that never existed....at least am from ekiti n I was in ekiti then when him n his PA embezzled billions...pot calling kettle black..nonsense
Re: (full Story & Photos) Fayemi Explains Why He ‘bought 2 Beds For N50m’. (see Why) by rattlesnake(m): 9:30am On Oct 26, 2014
Am eagerly waiting for the day fayose with funk una up badly....

Fayose

Hian!!!!!
Re: (full Story & Photos) Fayemi Explains Why He ‘bought 2 Beds For N50m’. (see Why) by atinukedam(f): 9:44am On Oct 26, 2014
Rexnegro:

Ur foolishness is legendary...d 18000 u talked abt is set at the federal by wich govt pdp or apc govt ? D allocation to ekiti state is so small yet na wich govt dey allocate am? Pdp or apc ? Before now ekiti state can't boost of a nation class govt house and infrastructure yet he used his sense to build one n gave it a state of the art infrastructures...is there anytin bad in it when its not his house or his bed that he spend 50m on , but a continue use for govt that's if used n maintain properly...to me fayemi didn't do anytin wrong...fayose just that he's a born wahala person so he's saying rubbish....even the fayose himself let him come n tell us how he claimed to have spent billions for a poultry that never existed....at least am from ekiti n I was in ekiti then when him n his PA embezzled billions...pot calling kettle black..nonsense
if u don't Ave beta tins 2 say u jst shut up
Re: (full Story & Photos) Fayemi Explains Why He ‘bought 2 Beds For N50m’. (see Why) by theassassin: 9:51am On Oct 26, 2014
is this how they plan to rule nigeria ?

apc are demons

1 Like

Re: (full Story & Photos) Fayemi Explains Why He ‘bought 2 Beds For N50m’. (see Why) by Rexnegro(m): 9:55am On Oct 26, 2014
atinukedam:
if u don't Ave beta tins 2 say u jst shut up
Are u okay so? ....come shut me up na...mumu were u d one I quoted ? So what's ur P ?

1 Like

Re: (full Story & Photos) Fayemi Explains Why He ‘bought 2 Beds For N50m’. (see Why) by dunkem21(m): 10:15am On Oct 26, 2014
Sir, Did you buy bed worth of N50m or not?

Simple Yes or No; Una dey blow big grammar.

1 Like

Re: (full Story & Photos) Fayemi Explains Why He ‘bought 2 Beds For N50m’. (see Why) by GODDYGEE91(m): 10:24am On Oct 26, 2014
Jesus, so he actually bought the bed with such amount of money. Lukin @ his face, I see professional thief written all over it. By the way he is one of the pioneer preachers of ''change''

1 Like

Re: (full Story & Photos) Fayemi Explains Why He ‘bought 2 Beds For N50m’. (see Why) by ARBITRAGEUR: 10:36am On Oct 26, 2014
You aren't intelligent at all. In a state where more than 90% wallow in abject poverty wth high rate of unemployed youths, a governor who owe workers 3 months salary borrowed 3.3bill Naira 2 build a governor house with projected annual maintainance cost of 150mill and u are here opening ur stinking mouth in defence of him. Are U stewpid or something? Do U know dat d same Ekiti has what it takes 2 improve IGR if only government focuses on Agric. Omo ale Ekiti ni e.
Rexnegro:

2 Likes

Re: (full Story & Photos) Fayemi Explains Why He ‘bought 2 Beds For N50m’. (see Why) by Nobody: 10:38am On Oct 26, 2014
Rexnegro:

My dear nairalander,please stop abuse.
You can make your opinion known in a cool sentence.
Back to Fayemi mata....the federal allocation to the state was so poor...do you only govern the state to spend the fed alawi...you should boost the state IGR too...if you ve been to Ekiti,then you ll know what 50m NGN can do in their life...Ekiti is so poor that they don't need new governors lounge...
How much do you get paid to justify 50 million nigeria naira for 2 beds...Nigerian youth sells their sincerity for few thousand naira...you should say NO and stop being APC E- thug...you can live a life of yours...
My friend, good mattress for Obama to sleep shouldn't cost above $300.00 equivalent to 48,000.00....their re expensive bed I know,but they re for celebrity spending their hard earns money as they want...you don't spend ekiti state money where kids lack access to portable water like you re a president of luxembourg or Qatar.

2 Likes

Re: (full Story & Photos) Fayemi Explains Why He ‘bought 2 Beds For N50m’. (see Why) by ARBITRAGEUR: 10:41am On Oct 26, 2014
God will bless U immediatly!
kolykoldy:

My dear nairalander,please stop abuse.
You can make your opinion known in a cool sentence.
Back to Fayemi mata....the federal allocation to the state was so poor...do you only govern the state to spend the fed alawi...you should boost the state IGR too...if you ve been to Ekiti,then you ll know what 50m NGN can do in their life...Ekiti is so poor that they don't need new governors lounge...
How much do you get paid to justify 50 million nigeria naira for 2 beds...Nigerian youth sells their sincerity for few thousand naira...you should say NO and stop being APC E- thug...you can live a life of yours...
My friend, good mattress for Obama to sleep shouldn't cost above $300.00 equivalent to 48,000.00....their re expensive bed I know,but they re for celebrity spending their hard earns money as they want...you don't spend ekiti state money where kids lack access to portable water like you re a president of luxembourg or Qatar.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING: 2 Nigerians Tested Positive For Ebola / A South South Man Will NEVER Rule Nigeria Again! / Picture Of A Biafran Soilder Flogging A Villager In Midwest During Civil War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.