Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,608 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:01 AM

BREAKING: 2 Nigerians Tested Positive For Ebola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: 2 Nigerians Tested Positive For Ebola (4384 Views)

Breaking!!!2 Top Boko Haram Commanders Killed / Texas Town Quarantined After Family Of Five Test Positive For The Ebola Virus / Uh-oh: American NBC News Cameraman Tests Positive For Ebola Virus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: 2 Nigerians Tested Positive For Ebola by AINATOLULOPE: 9:56am On Nov 06, 2014
Two Nigerians contracted Ebola virus in
Freetown, Sierra Leone,, said the minister of
state for health, Dr Khaliru Alhassan.

According Leadership, the contaminated
Nigerians are aged 27 and 22 and they are
indigenes of Abia and Edo states, respectively.
The minister made this known while briefing
journalists in Uyo, Akwa Ibom, adding that
more details will become available in the
nearest future.

Alhassan also disclosed that the two patients
had been placed into the isolation centres.
According to him, one person has been
successfully cured and has returned to Nigeria.

The minister advocated for strengthening of
vigilance and surveillance measures at the
nation borders.

The official provided that the government had
trained more than 600 health workers as
volunteers ready to fight Ebola outbreak in the
West African countries mostly affected by the
tropical virus.

The EVD continues ravaging West Africa, with
the death toll having reached around 5,000.
Nigeria was officially declared free of Ebola by
the World Health Organization (WHO) on
October 20. Epidemic handling in the country was
characterized as a “spectacular success
story”.

Meanwhile the situation in Sierra Leone ,
Guinea and Liberia already poses danger of
humanitarian catastrophe despite countries
and individuals donating money to help the
affected regions battle the epidemic.

It was reported yesterday that thousands of
hungry citizens of Sierra Leone had to violate
quarantine to search for food, as some areas
could not be reached by aid agencies.

READ MORE: http://www..net/apps/forums/topics/show/13060683-breaking-2-nigerians-tested-positive-for-ebola

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: 2 Nigerians Tested Positive For Ebola by phransix147(m): 9:59am On Nov 06, 2014
Hmmm!
Re: BREAKING: 2 Nigerians Tested Positive For Ebola by RedArmies12: 10:03am On Nov 06, 2014
guy, u scared the shit out of me with the headline embarassed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: 2 Nigerians Tested Positive For Ebola by Nobody: 10:05am On Nov 06, 2014
God! *breathes a sigh of relief* I thought they contracted it in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: 2 Nigerians Tested Positive For Ebola by Nobody: 10:08am On Nov 06, 2014
@op - kindly remove the scary pictures, or better still tag viewers discretion pls.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: 2 Nigerians Tested Positive For Ebola by thegoodone2(m): 10:15am On Nov 06, 2014
pls. change the headline. some may not read it and start telling people that Ebola is in Nigeria again

7 Likes

Re: BREAKING: 2 Nigerians Tested Positive For Ebola by Nobody: 10:18am On Nov 06, 2014
*breathes sigh of relief* thankfully no need to consult zeus

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: 2 Nigerians Tested Positive For Ebola by eunisam: 10:19am On Nov 06, 2014
Nigeria is ebola free nation.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: 2 Nigerians Tested Positive For Ebola by lanxlot(m): 10:20am On Nov 06, 2014
RedArmies12:
guy, u scared the shit out of me with the headline embarassed
don't mind him, I b one ask weda na 4 im clinic dem do d test. Mtcheew.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: 2 Nigerians Tested Positive For Ebola by lanxlot(m): 10:28am On Nov 06, 2014
AINATOLULOPE:
Two Nigerians contracted Ebola virus in
Freetown, Sierra Leone,, said the minister of
state for health, Dr Khaliru Alhassan.

According Leadership, the contaminated
Nigerians are aged 27 and 22 and they are
indigenes of Abia and Edo states, respectively.
The minister made this known while briefing
journalists in Uyo, Akwa Ibom, adding that
more details will become available in the
nearest future.

Alhassan also disclosed that the two patients
had been placed into the isolation centres.
According to him, one person has been
successfully cured and has returned to Nigeria.

The minister advocated for strengthening of
vigilance and surveillance measures at the
nation borders.

The official provided that the government had
trained more than 600 health workers as
volunteers ready to fight Ebola outbreak in the
West African countries mostly affected by the
tropical virus.

The EVD continues ravaging West Africa, with
the death toll having reached around 5,000.
Nigeria was officially declared free of Ebola by
the World Health Organization (WHO) on
October 20. Epidemic handling in the country was
characterized as a “spectacular success
story”.

Meanwhile the situation in Sierra Leone ,
Guinea and Liberia already poses danger of
humanitarian catastrophe despite countries
and individuals donating money to help the
affected regions battle the epidemic.

It was reported yesterday that thousands of
hungry citizens of Sierra Leone had to violate
quarantine to search for food, as some areas
could not be reached by aid agencies.

READ MORE: http://www..net/apps/forums/topics/show/13060683-breaking-2-nigerians-tested-positive-for-ebola
the pic doesn't look 22 and 27

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: 2 Nigerians Tested Positive For Ebola by Nobody: 10:46am On Nov 06, 2014
lanxlot:
the pic doesn't look 22 and 27
Thank You.
Re: BREAKING: 2 Nigerians Tested Positive For Ebola by wirelessssss(m): 10:53am On Nov 06, 2014
[size=28pt]@OP BE CAREFUL! RESPECT YOURSELF!![/size] angry

8 Likes

Re: BREAKING: 2 Nigerians Tested Positive For Ebola by Silverstars: 11:00am On Nov 06, 2014
Lolz @ the above comments. The fear of Ebola is the beginning of wisdom.
Re: BREAKING: 2 Nigerians Tested Positive For Ebola by Blakyclyde(m): 11:03am On Nov 06, 2014
OP, dem swear for u abi?
If u want people to visit your thread, must you make the headline as scary as this

You'd better be careful or else...

I'll ban myself!

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: 2 Nigerians Tested Positive For Ebola by ojaydedon(m): 11:17am On Nov 06, 2014
see as ppl din fear finish...

Ebola

causing panick

since 1970

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: 2 Nigerians Tested Positive For Ebola by Randerl: 11:30am On Nov 06, 2014
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: BREAKING: 2 Nigerians Tested Positive For Ebola by Nobody: 11:30am On Nov 06, 2014
Chai...SEE How People dey fear :-D

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: 2 Nigerians Tested Positive For Ebola by Nobody: 11:36am On Nov 06, 2014
thought it was in Nigeria, phew

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: 2 Nigerians Tested Positive For Ebola by ikaboy: 11:50am On Nov 06, 2014
I hope FG will go and bring them in and treat them accordingly just the way US, Germany and co did for her citizens?
Re: BREAKING: 2 Nigerians Tested Positive For Ebola by skyeboy98(m): 11:50am On Nov 06, 2014
What kind of rubish head line is that nah? Abeg cHange am joor
Re: BREAKING: 2 Nigerians Tested Positive For Ebola by Awho(m): 11:56am On Nov 06, 2014
Guys not again na.

Guys please i urge you to vote for #team Rokiatu in the ongoing miss nairaland contest semi final round3 today voting starts by 10am-6pm tanks
Re: BREAKING: 2 Nigerians Tested Positive For Ebola by Nobody: 11:57am On Nov 06, 2014
People shaa!! I wonder what dey are still doing in dose Ebola country. Anyway thank God our beloved country is free from it.
Re: BREAKING: 2 Nigerians Tested Positive For Ebola by miqos02(m): 12:05pm On Nov 06, 2014
NOT IN NIGERIA
Re: BREAKING: 2 Nigerians Tested Positive For Ebola by khattab02: 12:12pm On Nov 06, 2014
Still Quarantine!
Re: BREAKING: 2 Nigerians Tested Positive For Ebola by brownlord: 12:23pm On Nov 06, 2014
Ngakwe i see you viewing this thread, please ban this mofo for this stupidity
Re: BREAKING: 2 Nigerians Tested Positive For Ebola by nanya124(m): 12:30pm On Nov 06, 2014
THEY BETTER REMAIN IN THAT COUNTRY O. THEY TEMPORARILY CEASE TO BE NIGERIANS AS FAR AS EBOLA IS INVOLVED.
Re: BREAKING: 2 Nigerians Tested Positive For Ebola by kessel: 12:40pm On Nov 06, 2014
holla @me

Re: BREAKING: 2 Nigerians Tested Positive For Ebola by widowhusband: 1:25pm On Nov 06, 2014
contaminated nigerians, hm
Re: BREAKING: 2 Nigerians Tested Positive For Ebola by AINATOLULOPE: 3:40pm On Nov 06, 2014
brownlord:
Ngakwe i see you viewing this thread, please ban this mofo for this stupidity

Naa u suppose Ban Me Yourself...
Re: BREAKING: 2 Nigerians Tested Positive For Ebola by kalet55(m): 3:41pm On Nov 06, 2014
Nawa for the headline
Re: BREAKING: 2 Nigerians Tested Positive For Ebola by mohammedmagnus: 4:00pm On Nov 06, 2014
OP, abeg I wanna travel to canada early next year, please and please don't give high BP with such headlines, this canada have stopped issuing visas, please make dem no remember us oo
Re: BREAKING: 2 Nigerians Tested Positive For Ebola by mizkeleke(f): 4:26pm On Nov 06, 2014
Kneeling........Praying for SL

(1) (2) (Reply)

A South South Man Will NEVER Rule Nigeria Again! / Picture Of A Biafran Soilder Flogging A Villager In Midwest During Civil War / Here Is The Video Of Fulani Couple Celebrating Plateau Massacre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.