Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,066 members, 7,828,772 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell (80455 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Some Things That Happens In The Church Of God Nowadays / Some Things That Attract Demons To People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell by Precioussilas10: 11:39am On Nov 09, 2014
david 4 bible been dey wear hm gold blinks and neckboy steady so all these plenty talk,na una sabi
Re: Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell by nkpommpko(m): 11:40am On Nov 09, 2014
asudan:

11 Gold
12 weavon
13 HAIR RELAXER
14 bleaching cream 15 lipstick 16 nail polish, exotic soap, they can sell black soap(dudu oshun)
Re: Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell by Nobody: 11:42am On Nov 09, 2014
@LORDI and some others, u guys are misinterpreting the bible, u can't interprete the bible with ur brain as if u are reading a novel, the bible is understood by guidance of the holy spirit. U are saying christians must not own material possessions, from ur point of view I'll say david wasn't a christian, neither was job a christian nor solomon or abraham. (Christians asin followers of christ, christ an offspring of God, balling down to follower of God) Because they all had material possessions. Does it make any sense to u? Now from my perspective, these men were blessed with material possessions by God. In ur own christianity, is being blessed with material things by God a sin? Since u said a christian(follower of God) shouldn't own material things. Then if u say christians shouldn't own material possessions, u are invariably saying its a crime for God to bless people with such. U need to see a shrink.
Re: Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell by eizod(m): 11:42am On Nov 09, 2014
Please could you refer us to verses in the Bible where Christians were asked to not sell or buy the above listed items. Or are you just trying to force people to tow your line if thoughts only.
Re: Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell by Amack(m): 11:42am On Nov 09, 2014
Keneking:
12. election rigging
13. selfishness by going to israel
14. killing people in north east
15. must always give a damn
APC Member dictated.
Re: Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell by Gordieshegz(m): 11:48am On Nov 09, 2014
maniie:
bros Jesus turn water to wine bt it was never an alcoholic wine read these bible verse pro20:1, luke 1:15:7:33 etc

Brother,many things happened in those era that were not recorded exactly how events transpired..by the way,wine is wine being alcoholic and non-alcoholic, they take similar processes to be produced...industrial chemists,microbiologists,food engineers,biochemists in d forum may help render some better elucidations
Re: Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell by san316(m): 11:48am On Nov 09, 2014
This is why I always say muslimsand Christians have many things in common which should be a cause for unity but politics and greed have made us to emphasise the differences over the similarities. All these things mentioned are prohibited in islam but when a Muslim governor decides to ban alchohol, people will start shouting that he wants to islamize the country. Lets accept and respect one another for peace to reign. Thanks.
Re: Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell by zizytd(m): 11:48am On Nov 09, 2014
maniie:
bros Jesus turn water to wine bt it was never an alcoholic wine read these bible verse pro20:1, luke 1:15:7:33 etc
There is nothing like non alcoholic wine, is just a Nigerian way of describing a grape drink that doesn't contain alcohol, a wine is an alcoholic drink, take it or leave it, stop changing tins to suit ur argument.
Re: Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell by nkpommpko(m): 11:50am On Nov 09, 2014
Mskrisx:
Hypocries everywere....all things he made are beautifull....
who made? If he made them he should also take credit for the atomic bomb. How beautiful
Re: Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell by Ukutsgp(m): 11:50am On Nov 09, 2014
fyneboi79:
Another lunatic infested thread undecided
only u i think is lunatic.
Re: Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell by Nobody: 11:50am On Nov 09, 2014
[s]
Amack:
APC Member dictated.
[/s]
PDP-TAN e wing detected
Re: Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell by leonshom(m): 11:51am On Nov 09, 2014
Bra and Pata grin origin and ogidiga, Jedi and opa eyin,dongoyaro grin
Re: Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell by Ukutsgp(m): 11:52am On Nov 09, 2014
Revolva:

The reverse should be the case....ok..christains sould sell all these mentioned....even SK weed ...n hard drugs... grin grin
tell me that u are joking
Re: Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell by chiibekee(f): 11:52am On Nov 09, 2014
vest:
condom/contraceptive
Couples also use that for birth control
Re: Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell by Gordieshegz(m): 11:52am On Nov 09, 2014
prettyboi1989:

Lol some people called christians shaaaa!!! They believe more in their pastors than in God's word. If everyone came to a consensus to believe in God's word, there won't be factions of christianity, like jw, orthodox, pentecostal and some others. But no, one side has its own doctrine, another with its own doctrine most of which deviates from the foundation of God's word.

Don't mind them bro...dichotomy in the body of christ since the days of peter nd paul...circumcized or not
Re: Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell by Ukutsgp(m): 11:55am On Nov 09, 2014
elobyobi:

From the way u r just spelling out orders, with no biblical backing, it's clear you're among those practicing "blind religion"
GD pharisee! *spits*
so u think if u sell weeds for instance, God will accept the tithe?
Re: Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell by Nobody: 11:56am On Nov 09, 2014
samally:

Brother judge no one!!!
That is why we have holy book BIBLE...read it and follow the commandment there...
Oh please, what nonsense are u saying, ur brother is in the habit of smoking indian hemp or ur sister is in the habit of sleeping around, but because u see a passage in the bible that says "judge not" ud look the other way while they both wallow in something detrimental to their well-being and negating God's word? U guys keep misinterpreting the bible. A passage in the bible says, train a child in the way of the lord and he shall not depart from it. Do u knw wat it means when God says men should judge not? Its to prevent sinfull people from judging the ones who got sin in them. Do u remember when some guys wanted to stone a woman because she sleeps around, then jesus said, he who is without sin should cast the first stone? None could, because they all had sin in them. 2tim 3vs16 says NLT version "All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right"

1 Like

Re: Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell by Ukutsgp(m): 11:57am On Nov 09, 2014
Korrection:
How do you know if you don't take it.
God forbid. I can't take that.
Re: Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell by elobyobi: 12:00pm On Nov 09, 2014
Ukutsgp:
so u think if u sell weeds for instance, God will accept the tithe?

There u go again with ur "u think". We don't need YOUR opinion. We need GOD'S opinion. From the bible. That's how u ppl started by saying TV is the devil's box, only to start buying them in ur churches.

1 Like

Re: Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell by Nobody: 12:02pm On Nov 09, 2014
Re: Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell by princepee: 12:03pm On Nov 09, 2014
Pls can any one tell me what make weed smoking sin? Its just a natural grass no chemicals
Re: Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell by Ukutsgp(m): 12:04pm On Nov 09, 2014
ikweremilitant:
but the pastors do.
are the pastors God?
Re: Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell by Nobody: 12:04pm On Nov 09, 2014
Ukutsgp:
God dnt accept tithe of those tins
He told you personally?
Re: Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell by Nobody: 12:04pm On Nov 09, 2014
LORDI:
to b a christians means total seperation from the flesh...our flesh seeks after material things,but our spirit seek after the eternal word of God..christians are nt allowed to own any material possession,for example,he who owns an estate will bcome a slave to that estate,he will try to get more money to maintain it...but he who own nothing,has nothing to worry about,but to preach the word of God....
like seriously? to be honest wit u , if u re haggard looking n cme preaching to me , na slap I go give You , so I go cme look haggard like u Ba , Oga Christianity is nt slavery.
Re: Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell by Ukutsgp(m): 12:05pm On Nov 09, 2014
debeginin:
Abeg U in d name of God,give me d phone number of those wey don go heaven come back tell U dis things make I call dem too.
are u nt using gold?
Re: Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell by duni04(m): 12:07pm On Nov 09, 2014
Faun:
What's the point? undecided
All Nairalanders are going to hell either ways.
grin
Re: Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell by duni04(m): 12:08pm On Nov 09, 2014
princepee:
Pls can any one tell me what make weed smoking sin? Its just a natural grass no chemicals
ROTFLMAO!
Re: Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell by odave: 12:08pm On Nov 09, 2014
LORDI:
Private jets,expensive car,air condition/ac..,smartphones especially smartphones,most christians have followed the broad way bcoz of smartphones.I could go on but....

Smartphone? shocked bros, na nokia touchlight u dey use type all this abi? undecided I mean no offence but you reason like an okada man undecided
Re: Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell by Ukutsgp(m): 12:11pm On Nov 09, 2014
hardbody:

You people have started again. Nothing wrong with 1 -3. Things should be done in moderation. 9 depends on where u wear it. And therefore could be sold. Rat poison is not a bad thing to sell. Meanwhile please note that regular drugs are also poisonous. So should we not sell these?

Absolute crap. The holy book says dont add or remove else you will get additional punishment and or reduced blessings
i'm nt adding. u should know the poison i'm talking about. is it true that nothing is wrong with 1-3? can u tell God that?
Re: Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell by sukkot: 12:11pm On Nov 09, 2014
christians shouldnt sell a-s-s or what some would call prostitution cheesy
Re: Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell by iamord(m): 12:12pm On Nov 09, 2014
maniie:

You follow test am to know say no be don. Simon ni?
Re: Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell by Nobody: 12:15pm On Nov 09, 2014
The original posts of the OP might be fair in all. For perfect walk with JESUS, you must count some things dung, immaterial and unimportant (Philippians 3:cool. A Christian who cannot give up something for GOD isn't ready for Heaven. Money, like many material things, is good but could also lead you to Hell owing to how much love and attention you sacrifice for it (1Timothy 6:10).

However the weird doctrines that have followed the OP's are quite worrying. For those with good memory, not long ago watching television was labelled a sin by a popular Christian assembly, and it was a doctrine that mustered religious obedience from ardent followers for decades. What has become of the doctrine today? Even a day-old baby knows the answer.

Without a doubt, poverty and illiteracy, two deadly forces, have influenced heavily the doctrines of many Nigerian churches. I knew a pastor who refused to approve the use of modern musical equipment in the student fellowship arm of his local assembly. He told them it would promote a worldly lifestyle, and that they should only focus on prayers and forget music. As always, he would later change his mind for reasons only known to him.

Because some preachers cannot afford suit, they speak against wearing good suits; because some could not afford good shoes, they told their members that GOD had told them not to wear shoes; because some couldn't afford television, they made it a church doctrine; because some cannot afford air conditioning in their auditorium, they criticise churches that have it in their halls; because some couldn't get higher education, they discourage their members from pursuing higher education; because some cannot afford good cars, they see luxury car owners as sinners...on and on and on.

Brethren, work on your character, walk in love, purge yourself of the fruits of the flesh, and grow the fruits of the Spirit (Galatians 5:19-24; Romans 8:1). Many Nigerian Christians like the ignorant Peter (Acts 10:10-15) need to have their minds renewed in order to experience the life JESUS paid for on the Cross (Colossians 2:14).

Are you saved? Today is the day of salvation. Tomorrow may never come for you...decide now!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Prostitutes Beat Evangelist To Coma For Preaching In Their Premises In Lagos / Prophet Odumeje: Native Doctor Performs Rituals Against Chukwuemeka Ohanemere / "Man Dies In Coffin After Abuja Pastor Paid Him N500k For Miracle Scam"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.