Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,092 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

Jolted By Massive Turnout At Port Harcourt Rally, Jonathan Threatens Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jolted By Massive Turnout At Port Harcourt Rally, Jonathan Threatens Amaechi (3675 Views)

Saraki And His Beautiful Wife In Kwara State, Welcomed By Massive Crowd (Photos) / Tinubu Denies Sending SMS Canvassing Votes For Jonathan, Threatens Court Action / 2015: Ohanaeze Endorses Jonathan, Threatens To Sanction Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jolted By Massive Turnout At Port Harcourt Rally, Jonathan Threatens Amaechi by Boscojugunu(m): 5:42pm On Oct 26, 2014
Worried by the massive turnout of citizens at a Port Harcourt mega-rally that brought some 40,000 residents of Port Harcourt together yesterday, President Goodluck Jonathan has warned Governor Rotimi Amaechi to stop what he called "political rascality and blackmail." President Goodluck Jonathan

In a statement issued from Israel where the President and his supporters are currently on pilgrimage, President Jonathan accused Amaechi of sundry offenses including mismanagement and corruption.

Read Full text of President Jonathan’s statement below:

Governor Rotimi Amaechi took his obnoxious willingness to denigrate the highest office in the land in a reckless bid to advance his selfish political interests to a new level of irresponsible and rascally behavior yesterday in Port Harcourt with his totally false and baseless vituperations against President Jonathan, the First Lady and the Federal Government.

It appears from the Governor's completely unfounded and off-the-mark allegations that he had totally lost all sense of propriety, decorum and responsible political behaviour and resorted to unacceptable demagoguery, libel, blackmail and incitement of public disorder.

Unless his unbridled ambition and desire for self- promotion have completely befuddled his mental faculties and caused him to totally lose touch with reality, Governor Amaechi must know that his claims and allegations are untrue.

We can only assume therefore that he is deliberately spewing malicious falsehood in a desperate effort to incite the people of Rivers State and Nigeria against his assumed political foes.

We warn him that there are legal, constitutional and moral limits to political rascality beyond which he will not be allowed to go without repercussions.

The immunity which he currently enjoys notwithstanding, Governor Amaechi should be under no illusions: A day of reckoning will surely come when he will answer for all his actions and false allegations against President Jonathan, the First Lady and the Federal Government.

He should also know that Nigerians are aware of the truth and will never be fooled or swayed by his arrant opportunism and anti-Jonathan rantings.

Nigerians know that while Mr. Amaechi falsely accuses others of corruption, he cannot show or explain to the people of Rivers State what he has done with the billions of Naira that has accrued to the state under his tenure.

They also know that while Amaechi continues to falsely accuse the Jonathan Administration of having done nothing for Rivers State, he has recklessly squandered huge state resources on dubious, vainglorious projects or self aggrandizement.

Nigerians will know too that while he falsely alleges that Rivers and other states have not received funds due to them from the Federation account, the only outstanding allocation was for September, which was released to all states well over a week ago.

The Governor should stop trying to make President Jonathan the scapegoat for his woeful performance in Rivers State and look to his own very apparent failings and incompetencies.

He should also stop blackmailing the First Lady who has demanded nothing from him other than good governance, justice, equity, fairness, real development and progress in Rivers State.

Reuben Abati

Special Adviser to the President

(Media & Publicity)

October 26, 2014

Re: Jolted By Massive Turnout At Port Harcourt Rally, Jonathan Threatens Amaechi by Boscojugunu(m): 5:42pm On Oct 26, 2014
saharareporters.com/2014/10/26/jolted-massive-turnout-port-harcourt-rally-jonathan-threatens-governor-amaechi
Re: Jolted By Massive Turnout At Port Harcourt Rally, Jonathan Threatens Amaechi by Nobody: 5:50pm On Oct 26, 2014
"Nigerians will know too that while he falsely alleges that Rivers and other states have not received funds due to them from the Federation account, the only outstanding allocation was for September, which was released to all states well over a week ago"

September allocation when month of November is going to start this week, that's more reason why some state Governors couldn't pay workers salary as at when due.

5 Likes

Re: Jolted By Massive Turnout At Port Harcourt Rally, Jonathan Threatens Amaechi by MisterGREEN(m): 5:51pm On Oct 26, 2014
Re: Jolted By Massive Turnout At Port Harcourt Rally, Jonathan Threatens Amaechi by wengerjay(m): 5:54pm On Oct 26, 2014
The fear of Amaechi is now the beginning of wisdom....
Meanwhile,if a president(leader) falters,support him.If he stumbles,help him to his feet bt if he is of no use and clueless,POLE-AXE him.

10 Likes

Re: Jolted By Massive Turnout At Port Harcourt Rally, Jonathan Threatens Amaechi by Nobody: 5:59pm On Oct 26, 2014
This my Governor sef, abeg before you remove log from GEJ eye, remove speck from your own.

My road for PH dey in a mess and they beg for urgent attention. Rumuagholu, Elelenwo and other roads need attention.

2 Likes

Re: Jolted By Massive Turnout At Port Harcourt Rally, Jonathan Threatens Amaechi by EdCure: 6:00pm On Oct 26, 2014
wengerjay:
When wise patriots meet the people, the cleuless and idiotic rascals always tremble.

4 Likes

Re: Jolted By Massive Turnout At Port Harcourt Rally, Jonathan Threatens Amaechi by petrov10: 6:03pm On Oct 26, 2014
Ameachi the bald headed rascal
He should talk while he still can
Soon it will all be over for him and his jAnjaweeddd patriots

Gej till 2019

1 Like

Re: Jolted By Massive Turnout At Port Harcourt Rally, Jonathan Threatens Amaechi by clean2: 6:03pm On Oct 26, 2014
Repent now of your sinful evil ways to avoid spending your eternity in hell fire,,,,Jesus christ love and warn you to repent and convert now to avoid hell fire when you die

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jolted By Massive Turnout At Port Harcourt Rally, Jonathan Threatens Amaechi by Arch1: 6:11pm On Oct 26, 2014
JonaTAN must go

4 Likes

Re: Jolted By Massive Turnout At Port Harcourt Rally, Jonathan Threatens Amaechi by petrov10: 6:16pm On Oct 26, 2014
Arch1:
JonaTAN must go
cry ne a river gringringrin

2 Likes

Re: Jolted By Massive Turnout At Port Harcourt Rally, Jonathan Threatens Amaechi by mperoakeem(m): 6:18pm On Oct 26, 2014
lets see if dis is fp bound
Re: Jolted By Massive Turnout At Port Harcourt Rally, Jonathan Threatens Amaechi by EdCure: 6:19pm On Oct 26, 2014
Boscojugunu:

He should also stop blackmailing the First Lady who has demanded nothing from him other than good governance, justice, equity, fairness, real development and progress in Rivers State.

Ridiculous. Same demands the sheppo couldn't make on PDP like Uduaghan, TA Orji and Dickson (abi na Prickson)

I laugh in Okrika grin

4 Likes

Re: Jolted By Massive Turnout At Port Harcourt Rally, Jonathan Threatens Amaechi by bbello28(m): 6:22pm On Oct 26, 2014
wengerjay:
Meanwhile,if a president(leader) falters,support him.If he stumbles,help to his feet bt if he is of no use and clueless,POLE-AXE him.
dat guy can torment grin

1 Like

Re: Jolted By Massive Turnout At Port Harcourt Rally, Jonathan Threatens Amaechi by Lordlexyy: 6:26pm On Oct 26, 2014
I was expecting a befitting rebuttal disclaiming Amaechi's allegation only to end up with this. If what Amaechi alluded to was false, pdp should do us a favour and come up with list of projects initiated or finished in Rivers. There is no rascality in what he had said, he pointed out to facts which pdp should defend with superior arguement. This day, it appears any one who expose the rot of pdp is automatically a rascal.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jolted By Massive Turnout At Port Harcourt Rally, Jonathan Threatens Amaechi by Arch1: 6:28pm On Oct 26, 2014
petrov10:
JonaTAN will loose and he will cry like this

5 Likes

Re: Jolted By Massive Turnout At Port Harcourt Rally, Jonathan Threatens Amaechi by Gboliwe: 6:29pm On Oct 26, 2014
bobasuo1:
"Nigerians will know too that while he falsely alleges that Rivers and other states have not received funds due to them from the Federation account, the only outstanding allocation was for September, which was released to all states well over a week ago"

September allocation when month of November is going to start this week, that's more reason why some state Governors couldn't pay workers salary as at when due.

There used to be a time when states were owed for several months, I know because then, they wouldn't pay civil servants for upwards of 6mths. I rarely read such these days.
And if Rivers state government receive its allocation like other states, why is that ugly Amaechi always ranting about how there is no money and he is being owed? Is he the only one owed? That's assuming o. He has made that his slogan and the FG has a right to enlighten the electorate so we know who is lieing and making noise seeking unnecessary attention like a child deprived of breast milk.

I haven't read the link, but I already made up my mind seeing its SR reporting. Those reporters are anti government. When other news media captures this, I will understand better.

2 Likes

Re: Jolted By Massive Turnout At Port Harcourt Rally, Jonathan Threatens Amaechi by Nobody: 6:32pm On Oct 26, 2014
We know amaechi wants to be vice president by assassinating the the GEJ image. Please tell him that a rivers man cant vote against a bayelsa man. let him keep spewing shit out of his mouth. is he scared of being jailed?? Election will tell

3 Likes

Re: Jolted By Massive Turnout At Port Harcourt Rally, Jonathan Threatens Amaechi by Bugatie(m): 6:33pm On Oct 26, 2014
I wish for only one thing, and that is for Jonathan to completely ignore this noise maker of a governor!

1 Like

Re: Jolted By Massive Turnout At Port Harcourt Rally, Jonathan Threatens Amaechi by OneDy: 6:34pm On Oct 26, 2014
Rather than all this vituperations from Abati on behalf of GEJ, shouldn't he be listing all the project Jonathan administration has executed in Rivers state.

1 Like

Re: Jolted By Massive Turnout At Port Harcourt Rally, Jonathan Threatens Amaechi by phantom(m): 6:52pm On Oct 26, 2014
even though amaechi is my man any day,I think he should comport himself,and tone down the jibes thrown at GEJ.
he talks carelessly and crudely.
fashola or the other APC governors do not do that. buhari does not even though he should be the one talking that way.
let him calm down for tomorrows sake. this life is far bigger than politics.
Re: Jolted By Massive Turnout At Port Harcourt Rally, Jonathan Threatens Amaechi by Omimah: 6:59pm On Oct 26, 2014
In faraway Jerusalem, Jonathan is afraid.
Re: Jolted By Massive Turnout At Port Harcourt Rally, Jonathan Threatens Amaechi by agabusta: 7:11pm On Oct 26, 2014
Why are the GEJ team not listing out projects to refute Amaechi??

Why are they issuing subtle threats to him instead?

PLS can someone help me out. The PDP guys are always claiming that Amaechi insults Jonathan, but I don't seem to see/hear such insults. Kindly post such insults for me wt valid reference.

2 Likes

Re: Jolted By Massive Turnout At Port Harcourt Rally, Jonathan Threatens Amaechi by Toktee(m): 7:18pm On Oct 26, 2014
petrov10:
Ameachi the bald headed rascal
He should talk while he still can
Soon it will all be over for him and his jAnjaweeddd patriots

Gej till 2019
You are very funny,Ameachi is going to be one of those that will seat and decide jonathans fate after 2015.
You people said Apc is nt in Rivers,nw dat ameachi have put u people to shame,you are here ranting.
Who is jonathan?
He is nobody but a bloody criminal who had no idea on how to run a country,someone that cn nt managed his wife.

2 Likes

Re: Jolted By Massive Turnout At Port Harcourt Rally, Jonathan Threatens Amaechi by Toktee(m): 7:20pm On Oct 26, 2014
petrov10:
jonathan wife is better than you.
Re: Jolted By Massive Turnout At Port Harcourt Rally, Jonathan Threatens Amaechi by Nobody: 7:22pm On Oct 26, 2014
So 40000 people is the massive turnout that will jolt the president? Yeye sharia reporters

1 Like

Re: Jolted By Massive Turnout At Port Harcourt Rally, Jonathan Threatens Amaechi by Toktee(m): 7:23pm On Oct 26, 2014
bbello28:
dat guy can torment grin
i tell you,he has become jonathan/pdp nightmare,jonathan made a mistake by picking on Ameachi and also stealing the oil wells that belong to river people.
Re: Jolted By Massive Turnout At Port Harcourt Rally, Jonathan Threatens Amaechi by Toktee(m): 7:26pm On Oct 26, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
So 40000 people is the massive turnout that will jolt the president? Yeye sharia reporters
what is massive?
You were here ranting on how ameachi iz nt in control of river political arena,same you iz here nw asking stewpid question like a blind man,dnt worry,by 2015 you will wakeup frm slumber.

2 Likes

Re: Jolted By Massive Turnout At Port Harcourt Rally, Jonathan Threatens Amaechi by Toktee(m): 7:29pm On Oct 26, 2014
agabusta:
Why are the GEJ team not listing out projects to refute Amaechi??

Why are they issuing subtle threats to him instead?

PLS can someone help me out. The PDP guys are always claiming that Amaechi insults Jonathan, but I don't seem to see/hear such insults. Kindly post such insults for me wt valid reference.
I hereby move the motion compelling jona TAN team to post such insult here in the nxt 20mins.
Re: Jolted By Massive Turnout At Port Harcourt Rally, Jonathan Threatens Amaechi by petrov10: 7:31pm On Oct 26, 2014
Toktee:
jonathan wife is better than you.
senseless. !!!
Pej is better than u.
What has that got to do with d topic above

ure such a mule

2 Likes

Re: Jolted By Massive Turnout At Port Harcourt Rally, Jonathan Threatens Amaechi by Toktee(m): 7:37pm On Oct 26, 2014
phantom:
even though amaechi is my man any day,I think he should comport himself,and tone down the jibes thrown at GEJ.
he talks carelessly and crudely.
fashola or the other APC governors do not do that. buhari does not even though he should be the one talking that way.
let him calm down for tomorrows sake. this life is far bigger than politics.
Guy what you said iz true,but how do you feel if what belong to ur people is taken away frm you by force for another state?
How do u feel if an unelected woman decide disrespect ur office and even used federal might in attempt to remove u frm office.
Ameachi asked the federal govt to name the projects execute in rivers under jonathan,is a vry simple thng,let them pruf him wrong if indeed they have done anythng in river state..

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

POLLS: ‘jonathan’ll Win South West’ / 'Igbos, Respect Our Oba Or We Kick You Out Of Lagos'- Yoruba's Protest (pics) / Dear Nigerians, Sorry, President Buhari Is Not The Nigerian Dream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.