Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,669 members, 7,823,891 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Has Any Governor Created Jobs For His People? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has Any Governor Created Jobs For His People? (1670 Views)

Any Governor Who Cannot Pay 18000 Minimum Wage Should Resign. / Governor Fayose Climbs A Caterpillar To Hail His People In Ekiti (Photo) / Governor Aregbesola Loved By His People Despite Owing Workers: Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Any Governor Created Jobs For His People? by Nobody: 8:57am On Oct 27, 2014
Everybody has been blaming GEJ and our past presidents for d unemployment in nigeria.

Now lets look at what our governors have done abt unemployment in dia state.

How many governors have created up to 20,000 jobs in his state since d history of nigeria?

4 Likes

Re: Has Any Governor Created Jobs For His People? by megaik: 9:04am On Oct 27, 2014
obongproff:
Everybody has been blaming GEJ and our past presidents for d unemployment in nigeria.

Now lets look at what our governors have done abt unemployment in dia state.

How many governors have created up to 20,000 jobs in his state since d history of nigeria?

This is a One Billion Naira Question!!! The Best Question Ever!!!

2 Likes

Re: Has Any Governor Created Jobs For His People? by newguy1(m): 9:48am On Oct 27, 2014
Some actually do create job oppurtunity in there state but basically d jobs r mostly small scale enterpreneur jobs like discounting give to youth in purchasing of bikes (okada).something a graduate will never want to go for, that is y when some governor will b saying they create 2000 jobs n people will b like oga u dey lie
Re: Has Any Governor Created Jobs For His People? by chamboy(m): 9:55am On Oct 27, 2014
What's this OP saying.... Lagos Government has created Jobs more than FG in the past six years

3 Likes

Re: Has Any Governor Created Jobs For His People? by stunning4real: 10:30am On Oct 27, 2014
i can boldly say it that LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT provided jobs for people living in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Has Any Governor Created Jobs For His People? by stunning4real: 10:30am On Oct 27, 2014
chamboy:
What's this OP saying.... Lagos Government has created Jobs more than FG in the past six years
CONFIRMED

1 Like

Re: Has Any Governor Created Jobs For His People? by LeStylo: 10:40am On Oct 27, 2014
Osun state...
Re: Has Any Governor Created Jobs For His People? by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 27, 2014
chamboy:

I wd like to hav more details on dis pls. Am not here to argue with u or to try and prove u wrong. Just give me more details on dis pls cos me I no day stay for lagos, and I dont know wot is happening dia.

I just want to know which governor in nigeria has created jobs and how many jobs in his entire 4 or 8 yrs in office.

I need some answers pls. smiley

1 Like

Re: Has Any Governor Created Jobs For His People? by Nobody: 11:30am On Oct 27, 2014
chamboy:

I wd like to hav more details on dis pls. Am not here to argue with u or to try and prove u wrong. Just give me more details on dis pls cos me I no day stay for lagos, and I dont know wot is happening dia.

WARNING: Dis is not an APC vs PDP thread! I just want to know which governor in nigeria has created jobs and how many jobs in his entire 4 or 8 yrs in office.

I need some answers pls. Or is dat too much to ask? smiley
Re: Has Any Governor Created Jobs For His People? by chamboy(m): 11:33am On Oct 27, 2014
obongproff:

WARNING: Dis is not an APC vs PDP thread! I just want to know which governor in nigeria has created jobs and how many jobs in his entire 4 or 8 yrs in office.

I need some answers pls. Or is dat too much to ask? smiley
NO BRO.. AGENCIES LIKE LASSA, LASMA, KAI, LAWMA in LASG am sure u knw d amount of ppl recruited to this agencies

4 Likes

Re: Has Any Governor Created Jobs For His People? by Nobody: 11:38am On Oct 27, 2014
chamboy:
NO BRO.. AGENCIES LIKE LASSA, LASMA, KAI, LAWMA in LASG am sure u knw d amount of ppl recruited to this agencies

okay na now u come. And dats more like d TIMARIV tins down here in ph. Meanwhile can u give me an estimated figure of d staffs of dis agencies?
Re: Has Any Governor Created Jobs For His People? by Arch1: 11:43am On Oct 27, 2014
Governor Babatunde Raji Ifasola of Lagos state has created more jobs than the federal government

LASTMA
LAWMA
LAMATA
LASRA
LASEPA
LASSA
KAI. Etc etc
Re: Has Any Governor Created Jobs For His People? by Nobody: 11:45am On Oct 27, 2014
Arch1:
Governor Babatunde Raji Ifasola of Lagos state has created more jobs than the federal government

LASTMA
LAWMA
LAMATA
LASRA
LASEPA
LASSA
KAI. Etc etc

I don hear. Just give me an accurate figure jare!
Re: Has Any Governor Created Jobs For His People? by Nobody: 11:45am On Oct 27, 2014
Arch1:

LASTMA
LAWMA
LAMATA
LASRA
LASEPA
LASSA
KAI. Etc etc

I don hear. Just give me an accurate figure jare! Wot is d total figure of jobs created by all dis agencies jare!
Re: Has Any Governor Created Jobs For His People? by chamboy(m): 11:51am On Oct 27, 2014
obongproff:

okay na now u come. And dats more like d TIMARIV tins down here in ph. Meanwhile can u give me an estimated figure of d staffs of dis agencies?
bro, u need to try n come to lag to c tins ursef cos any number i give u here nw u might nt bliv me
Re: Has Any Governor Created Jobs For His People? by Nobody: 11:55am On Oct 27, 2014
In Anambra, they have
-ANSWAMA
-Traffic Management Agency (ASTA)
-Obiano Police
-Ndi Npiawa-Azu
-AVG
-Emblem Touts grin And others
Re: Has Any Governor Created Jobs For His People? by Arch1: 12:07pm On Oct 27, 2014
obongproff:

I don hear. Just give me an accurate figure jare!
I cannot give you an accurate figure . I do not have access to such info but an agency like LAMATA alone should have a staff strength in the excess of 5,000.

The Lagos ferry, BRT bus' and Taxi cab are all under LAMATA. The operators of the BRT bus' are: NURTW coperative & LAGBUS - they both train and employ hundreds of drivers and ticketeers for the BRT bus'
Re: Has Any Governor Created Jobs For His People? by Arch1: 12:08pm On Oct 27, 2014
Dp
Re: Has Any Governor Created Jobs For His People? by agabusta: 12:23pm On Oct 27, 2014
Arch1:

LASTMA
LAWMA
LAMATA
LASRA
LASEPA
LASSA
KAI. Etc etc

others include:

Lagos State Safety Commission (LSSC)
Lagos State Infrastructure Maintenance and Regulatory Agency (LASIMRA)
Lagos State Environmental Protection Agency (LASEPA)
Lagos State Waste Water Management Office (LSWMO)
Lagos Internal Revenue Service (LIRS)

Lagos state has so many agencies! And one good thing about Lagos agencies is that they pay relatively well. At least compared to other states. Infact, let me even post this document for you guys.

1 Like

Re: Has Any Governor Created Jobs For His People? by Arch1: 12:27pm On Oct 27, 2014
agabusta:

others include:

Lagos State Wastewater Management Office

Lagos state has so many agencies! And one good thing about Lagos agencies is that they pay relatively well. At least compared to other states. Infact, let me even post this document for you guys.
EKO ONI BAJE O
Re: Has Any Governor Created Jobs For His People? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Oct 27, 2014
So Lagos is d only state dat has created jobs for d people. Good!

Oya! Any oda state?
Re: Has Any Governor Created Jobs For His People? by chamboy(m): 1:00pm On Oct 27, 2014
obongproff:

Oya! Any oda state?
I fink osun, ogun n oyo too

1 Like

Re: Has Any Governor Created Jobs For His People? by skyeboy98(m): 1:13pm On Oct 27, 2014
Rauf aregbe created 20,000 jobs in his first three months in office infact I withness it cos I was in state of osun then and he has continue since then

1 Like

Re: Has Any Governor Created Jobs For His People? by Johnpaul2k2(m): 1:15pm On Oct 27, 2014
[size=20pt]Only Peter Obi

Created 8,000 Jobs In both Civil Service and Educational Sector[/size]
Re: Has Any Governor Created Jobs For His People? by niceone3(m): 1:25pm On Oct 27, 2014
Rivers government has created more job more than any dispensation both direct and indirect. this includes recruitment of more than 13,000 teachers, employment of hundreds of doctors which he trained abroad to man the modern hospitals he built, thousands through RSSDA which to me is the biggest and the most well thought out human capital development scheme in the country because it encompasses ambitious agricultural schemes such as the songhai farm, agro allied industry among others, skills acquisition and subsequent empowerment, oversea scholarship for undergraduate and post graduates etc

2 Likes

Re: Has Any Governor Created Jobs For His People? by Boss13: 1:34pm On Oct 27, 2014
obongproff:

Oya! Any oda state?

Don't believe them.
Re: Has Any Governor Created Jobs For His People? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Oct 27, 2014
Rochas has.
Re: Has Any Governor Created Jobs For His People? by camelus: 1:35pm On Oct 27, 2014
agabusta:

others include:

Lagos State Waste Water Management Office (LSWMO)

what's the one saying u,u think other States do not have prototype of these Establishments.
Ok Peter Obi created
ASTA
ANSEPA
ANIDS
ANIRS
Resucisated TRACAS etc

1 Like

Re: Has Any Governor Created Jobs For His People? by agabusta: 1:50pm On Oct 27, 2014
camelus:

what's the one saying u,u think other States do not have prototype of these Establishments.
Ok Peter Obi created
ASTA
ANSEPA
ANIDS
ANIRS
Resucisated TRACAS etc

Some states has some (not all) of these agencies as you said. Majority of them even, are not even as vibrant as their counterparts in Lagos. They also do not have 1/4 of the staff strength in Lagos.

Which state in Nigeria has State Safety Commission? Even the Federal Government does not have such a commission.
Re: Has Any Governor Created Jobs For His People? by cupidhero(m): 2:42pm On Oct 27, 2014
missberrypop5:
Rochas has.
abeg ada owerri what kind of jobs did rochas create in imo state?
Re: Has Any Governor Created Jobs For His People? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Oct 27, 2014
skyeboy98:
Rauf aregbe created 20,000 jobs in his first three months in office infact I withness it cos I was in state of osun then and he has continue since then

When u say rauf created 20,000 jobs, wot type of jobs were day? In wot sector and are day still in existence?
Re: Has Any Governor Created Jobs For His People? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Oct 27, 2014
niceone3:
Rivers government has created more job more than any dispensation both direct and indirect. this includes recruitment of more than 13,000 teachers, employment of hundreds of doctors which he trained abroad to man the modern hospitals he built, thousands through RSSDA which to me is the biggest and the most well thought out human capital development scheme in the country because it encompasses ambitious agricultural schemes such as the songhai farm, agro allied industry among others, skills acquisition and subsequent empowerment, oversea scholarship for undergraduate and post graduates etc

So river state govt has created d highest number of jobs in nigeria's history. Dats great!

But some of d teachers say dem never pay dem salary for 6months now. Why na? shocked

(1) (Reply)

How I Wish Governor Ibikunle Amosun Is Abia State Governor / Open Letter To Atiku Abubakar / Nigeria Forgets Too Quickly: Who Is Pa Buhari And What He Intend Doing.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.