Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,366 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:21 AM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (275) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1433081 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (828) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by milkay(f): 9:30pm On Jun 14, 2021
david290:
I'll advice you do a new application to forestall any delay. You don't have to pay. The new application is only to correct the place of birth, and is for the purpose of filing. Of course the new application comes with a different ID and Ref number--but the old application, the one linked to payment, is the one Immigration recognizes, and as such the one you should always refer to.

Oh thank you. To be clear, I should take the new application along with the old one but file the new one and give the old one to immigration right?

Since the ID and Ref number is different won't it be an issue?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Oggg: 9:38pm On Jun 14, 2021
solelymade:

Hello bros, you helped me with this list the last time. Please can you help me with few more information -
1. Does she need a photocopy of her husband datapage (another issue - the husband surname on his current but expired passport is different from what the family use/marriage certificate)?
2. The Application letter, can you help me with the format and who should sign on it?
3. Also, it is true there is another payment for change of name due to marriage about 30k plus aside the passport renewal fees of 25.5k?

Thank you, your help will save us valuable time. She intends to proceed with her application this week.
pls send a msg to nis or call their number, i posted it few posts ago to confirm
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Oggg: 9:39pm On Jun 14, 2021
milkay:

Thanks for responding. Do u advise I do a new application process? Does this mean I'll pay another fee for application?
pls this is correctable when u go to capture. Hian. Do not pay a new application fee
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by AoA777: 9:45pm On Jun 14, 2021
Dips04:

Good evening boss
Is there a way you can assist with the format for the letter.

Write a formal letter. State your reasons for renewal e.g., expired, lost, change of data etc. There is no specific format. Just write in your own words.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by david290(m): 10:06pm On Jun 14, 2021
milkay:

Oh thank you. To be clear, I should take the new application along with the old one but file the new one and give the old one to immigration right?

Since the ID and Ref number is different won't it be an issue?

You'll present the new. Keep the old copy to yourself. Immigration already has it in their record, and it's what you'd see when you log into your portal. And yes the ID and Ref number will differ but the ID and the Ref number of the old application is the valid one as it is the one linked to payment. During Capturing you'll be asked to confirm place of birth alongside other details. As far as you supply the updated place of birth, you should be fine.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by solelymade: 10:44pm On Jun 14, 2021
Oggg:
pls send a msg to nis or call their number, i posted it few posts ago to confirm

Thanks bro
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by milkay(f): 2:15am On Jun 15, 2021
Oggg:
pls this is correctable when u go to capture. Hian. Do not pay a new application fee

Oh great! Thanks
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Dips04: 6:55am On Jun 15, 2021
AoA777:

Write a formal letter. State your reasons for renewal e.g., expired, lost, change of data etc. There is no specific format. Just write in your own words.
I appreciate sir
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Joiceee(f): 7:33am On Jun 15, 2021
chigora:
Please who has done capturing at Ibadan immigration office recently. I just called one immigration officer from Ibadan office and he told me that it is 30k That they don't attend DIY files on time. That the file can be kept for months without been attended
I also want to do my international passport at Ibadan, please help me with the officers number please!
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by shagamite: 7:48am On Jun 15, 2021
princecemo:

did u do it in abeokuta and did u make use of NIN?
yea with nin
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by williams2600(m): 7:58am On Jun 15, 2021
david290:
Tell one of your friends to snap/scan the data page of his/her Passport and passport photograph. Then, you print at a cyber cafe (50 or 100 Naira) and photo studio (400 Naira for five copies). I used my friend as well who was in Lag while I in Ilorin, and it is what I did.

how did you go about the signature?? of your friend
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by milkay(f): 8:47am On Jun 15, 2021
Oggg:

Oh great! Thank you
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by milkay(f): 8:48am On Jun 15, 2021
david290:
You'll present the new. Keep the old copy to yourself. Immigration already has it in their record, and it's what you'd see when you log into your portal. And yes the ID and Ref number will differ but the ID and the Ref number of the old application is the valid one as it is the one linked to payment. During Capturing you'll be asked to confirm place of birth alongside other details. As far as you supply the updated place of birth, you should be fine.

Oh okay... Thankfully it can be sorted out. Thank you
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by lordjonjo(m): 9:11am On Jun 15, 2021
All you need is any photo ID.
Phlinx:
Guys has anyone travelled to Abuja by flight with NIN SLIP before or an EXPIRED PASSPORT?

cause that's all I have got!
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ddee20150: 9:28am On Jun 15, 2021
ogunsmichael:

Dis you get you interview data immediately after payment

Yes I got it immediately...

Sorry for late reply.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Growingboi(m): 9:46am On Jun 15, 2021
Boss Oggg, is Ogun included in the use of NIN now? All i have read here is that NIN compulsory in Lagos, Abuja and PH only. I have paid without NIN for my family oo and I chose Abeokuta processig centre.

What should I do now?

Oggg:
what state are you applying from? If u are applyin in lagos, abuja,ph and ogun u must use NIN
if the other states, then nin is not compulsory
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by chigora: 10:39am On Jun 15, 2021
Joiceee:
I also want to do my international passport at Ibadan, please help me with the officers number please!
DM me
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by david290(m): 11:23am On Jun 15, 2021
williams2600:

how did you go about the signature?? of your friend
My sis was resuming back in Lag so I gave her the form and scheduled a meet up with my friend who filled and deliver via one of the drivers. 1k, I think. In your case I'd suggest you supply your friend in another state with your ID and Ref number to download the form. He then fills and send to you.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by saintcasmir(m): 12:33pm On Jun 15, 2021
Can someone use the photocopy of Local Government Identification Letter to apply for passport, as the original is lost.

Any idea?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by princecemo(m): 12:40pm On Jun 15, 2021
Growingboi:
Boss Oggg, is Ogun included in the use of NIN now? All i have read here is that NIN compulsory in Lagos, Abuja and PH only. I have paid without NIN for my family oo and I chose Abeokuta processig centre.

What should I do now?

My brother i am just seeing ogun state Now o, thank God i did not pay. Oggg please how about Ibadan? Do i need NIN please i need b sure before making payment
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by moreb2cum: 1:17pm On Jun 15, 2021
Finally collected today @ Ibadan.
Strictly DIY
Captured on 28th January
Collected on 15th June.
Total Spent≈ 19000 (Photocopies and Transport)

Overall, if you're not in a hurry, you can use Ibadan for DIY.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Prisscindy(f): 2:00pm On Jun 15, 2021
Hi,

I paid for my son's passport renewal on Friday but I'm yet to get a date of capturing. Please do I take the documents to the immigration office first before i can get a date or I'd get a message to advise me?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by renew4life: 2:03pm On Jun 15, 2021
Who knows Immigration office in Ekiti ?

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by zevous: 2:09pm On Jun 15, 2021
Please does who captured at ikoyi in March, has anyone gotten their passport yet? Captured March 30. I haven’t gotten anything yet!!!
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ijib: 4:55pm On Jun 15, 2021
Hello house,

My passport expires in 10 months. Can I apply for a renewal now?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by mohtunrahyor(f): 5:14pm On Jun 15, 2021
@oggg, @yehmy & everyone, please help. My husband applied for passport renewal last year at Ikoyi but he received sms that is Passport & NIN DOB doesn’t match. He paid 15k through Remita for NIN DOB correction but since last year November the corrected DOB is yet to drop on Immigration portal. Please what can be done to make the DOB drop on immigration portal?

N.B He used same NIN slip to open bank account in April and the corrected DOB reflected at the bank
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Freshprince777: 5:36pm On Jun 15, 2021
zevous:
Please does who captured at ikoyi in March, has anyone gotten their passport yet? Captured March 30. I haven’t gotten anything yet!!!

Go to ikoyi to pick your passport....It should be ready by now. I captured March 26th and i collected last week.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Oggg: 5:56pm On Jun 15, 2021
mohtunrahyor:
@oggg, @yehmy & everyone, please help. My husband applied for passport renewal last year at Ikoyi but he received sms that is Passport & NIN DOB doesn’t match. He paid 15k through Remita for NIN DOB correction but since last year November the corrected DOB is yet to drop on Immigration portal. Please what can be done to make the DOB drop on immigration portal?

N.B He used same NIN slip to open bank account in April and the corrected DOB reflected at the bank
anhan.. this is strange. Contact NIS or servicom desk
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Oggg: 5:57pm On Jun 15, 2021
Prisscindy:
Hi,

I paid for my son's passport renewal on Friday but I'm yet to get a date of capturing. Please do I take the documents to the immigration office first before i can get a date or I'd get a message to advise me?
check the payment slips.. a date must be on it
princecemo:

My brother i am just seeing ogun state Now o, thank God i did not pay. Oggg please how about Ibadan? Do i need NIN please i need b sure before making payment
no nin for oyo
saintcasmir:
Can someone use the photocopy of Local Government Identification Letter to apply for passport, as the original is lost.
Any idea?
yes
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Oggg: 5:59pm On Jun 15, 2021
Growingboi:
What should I do now?
as at april they launched them onto the new e passport system.. i dnt know if they have fully activated this.. but yes they were launched onto this. So they will require NIN.
U might need to ask on this thread for anyone tht applied recently or stroll to the office to find out.
If it is confirmed that it is compulsory, pls jejely go and get ur nin. Nin is free.

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (828) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

Viewing this topic: fisher5(m), Mirzakhani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.