Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,771 members, 7,809,972 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:04 PM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (289) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1431964 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (828) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Israel07: 8:53pm On Jun 23, 2021
Ivymich:
Good evening house. Please I applied for international passport for my kids and I today. (DIY) I used their father's surname while I used mine (though legally married). The officer refused to clear my kids starting I'm suppose to back the application with our marriage certificate ( which I didn't go with) and he frowned at the fact that I didn't include my husband's name. He even advised I pay again and start afresh thereby including my husband's name... Told me how it may pose a threat should we decide to travel as a family or should I decide to travel alone with my kids. I got confused and even left him with the files, promising to come back tomorrow with a decision of wether to start afresh or continue with the application. Please I'm so disturbed and still confused. Please advice please

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Israel07: 9:03pm On Jun 23, 2021
Ivymich:

Sorry about that.... I was asked to go and reprint everything simply because I used black and white. I paid N2500 to a cafe inside the office for my kids and I . Was surprised to see every other person's documents were black and white like mine but weren't told to reprint. Was cleared for capturing waiting for my file to reach capturing office like hours l, had to go back to where I was verified, and the officer said he later noticed I didn't attach my marriage certificate to my kids files blah blah and that was how I came back home. Still very angry �

Which Immigration office? They hate the DIY process
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Ivymich: 9:10pm On Jun 23, 2021
Israel07:

I hate it when women av no regards for their husband/Man... I'm no misogynist but u damn suck!

Hey! Watch it.... Don't ever come at me like that ever again. I have too much on my plate to pay heed to you and the trash you just sprew. If you have nothing good to say just waka pass.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Oggg: 9:12pm On Jun 23, 2021
Ivymich:

Sorry about that.... I was asked to go and reprint everything simply because I used black and white. I paid N2500 to a cafe inside the office for my kids and I . Was surprised to see every other person's documents were black and white like mine but weren't told to reprint. Was cleared for capturing waiting for my file to reach capturing office like hours l, had to go back to where I was verified, and the officer said he later noticed I didn't attach my marriage certificate to my kids files blah blah and that was how I came back home. Still very angry �
u need your marriage certificate yes. But forget about that rubbish about you must bear your husband’s surname. That is a lie.
Lots of women are still answering their maiden names and travel with their kids and are certainly not flight risks or whatever.
Pls go back with your marriage certificate.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Dalil8: 9:13pm On Jun 23, 2021
Ivymich:

Hey! Watch it.... Don't ever come at me like that ever again. I have too much on my plate to pay heed to you and the trash you just sprew. If you have nothing good to say just waka pass.

He's right so SYADB!

Your aggressive response already tells us all we need to know.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Oggg: 9:13pm On Jun 23, 2021
Happyfellow147:
Same with me
I'm using the my maiden name for my international passport. It's the name I have on all my official documents.
But please let me ask, did you fill Miss or Mrs when you were applying online?
miss as long as it is your maiden name
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Ivymich: 9:29pm On Jun 23, 2021
Oggg:
u need your marriage certificate yes. But forget about that rubbish about you must bear your husband’s surname. That is a lie.
Lots of women are still answering their maiden names and travel with their kids and are certainly not flight risks or whatever.

Thanks just a relief...
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Ivymich: 9:29pm On Jun 23, 2021
Oggg:
miss as long as it is your maiden name

Miss
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jun 23, 2021
Good evening. Is it advisable to go and submit your documents before your interview date, for those that used Alausa ?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Oggg: 9:41pm On Jun 23, 2021
Dalil8:

He's right so SYADB!

what is it?? How do you people decide to attack someone this way. I have taken my time to read and over read her initial posts and yet to see where she has erred. What you are doing is wrong
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Oggg: 9:44pm On Jun 23, 2021
Ivymich:

Thanks just a relief...
Pls hope you went with 2 consent forms for each child signed by each parent and father’s document as well. Also go with original marriage certificate.. you can go with your newspaper change of name and sworn affidavit if you hve, otherwise just go with the certificate

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by THUNDER4real(m): 9:54pm On Jun 23, 2021
Ivymich:
Good evening house. Please I applied for international passport for my kids and I today. (DIY) I used their father's surname while I used mine (though legally married). The officer refused to clear my kids starting I'm suppose to back the application with our marriage certificate ( which I didn't go with) and he frowned at the fact that I didn't include my husband's name. He even advised I pay again and start afresh thereby including my husband's name... Told me how it may pose a threat should we decide to travel as a family or should I decide to travel alone with my kids. I got confused and even left him with the files, promising to come back tomorrow with a decision of wether to start afresh or continue with the application. Please I'm so disturbed and still confused. Please advice please
It is not a must that you must answer your husband`s surname on your passport but it is essential, to avoid unnecessary " JAMB" questions (lolz) at airports especially Nigeria airports. Those immigration officers are another set of thieves, they are worst than those you see at passport office, Lagos own is worst.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Israel07: 9:58pm On Jun 23, 2021
Oggg:
what is it?? How do you people decide to attack someone this way. I have taken my time to read and over read her initial posts and yet to see where she has erred. What you are doing is wrong

My only regret is not minding my business but as for what i said I'm not sorry!

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by drbank: 10:07pm On Jun 23, 2021
Passport Office: Alausa
Application Type: Passport Renewal

June 8: Applied online DIY; given interview date of Jun 16
June 10: Went to Passport office. Slight delay as servicom officer in charge wasn’t available. Finally arrived after an hour. Documents checked, additional forms filled, file created, and documents eventually dropped off after first stamping (old passport given back to me to hold). Told to wait for text message.
June 16: Went to ask how far. Told to come back when I get text message.
June 17 (11:39pm): Received SMS to come and capture
June 18: Arrived at Passport office for capture. File could not be found among those capturing that day. After much tossing up and down, I met one of the Ogas who asked one of the servicom desk officers to find the file. Another officer confirmed he’d received the list with my name on it for capture. Through God’s mercy and the Oga’s help, file was found in the same place that was checked three times before. They marched me directly to the capture room without staying on the queue in the waiting room. Finally captured. Confirmation slip said passport will be ready in August, but I’m sure it will be ready before then. Told to expect another SMS when the passport is ready.

Hope that helps.

7 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by drbank: 10:10pm On Jun 23, 2021
THUNDER4real:
It is not a must that you must answer your husband`s surname on your passport but it is essential, to avoid unnecessary " JAMB" questions (lolz) at airports especially Nigeria airports. Those immigration officers are another set of thieves, they are worst than those you see at passport office, Lagos own is worst.

Not necessarily true. I travelled for many years using my maiden name on my passport and never had any issue. If travelling with your kids, you just need a copy of your marriage certificate in case they ask. I only changed it for other reasons.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by opelinho(m): 10:16pm On Jun 23, 2021
drbank:
Passport Office: Alausa
Application Type: Passport Renewal

June 8: Applied online DIY; given interview date of Jun 16
June 10: Went to Passport office. Slight delay as servicom officer in charge wasn’t available. Finally arrived after an hour. Documents checked, additional forms filled, file created, and documents eventually dropped off after first stamping (old passport given back to me to hold). Told to wait for text message.
June 16: Went to ask how far. Told to come back when I get text message.
June 17 (11:39pm): Received SMS to come and capture
June 18: Arrived at Passport office for capture. File could not be found among those capturing that day. After much tossing up and down, I met one of the Ogas who asked one of the servicom desk officers to find the file. Another officer confirmed he’d received the list with my name on it for capture. Through God’s mercy and the Oga’s help, file was found in the same place that was checked three times before. They marched me directly to the capture room without staying on the queue in the waiting room. Finally captured. Confirmation slip said passport will be ready in August, but I’m sure it will be ready before then. Told to expect another SMS when the passport is ready.

Hope that helps.
Good feedback from you on DIY route at alausa. I'm also waiting for a text message for capturing. I submitted all my documents for vetting on June 17.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by THUNDER4real(m): 10:22pm On Jun 23, 2021
drbank:

Not necessarily true. I travelled for many years using my maiden name on my passport and never had any issue. If travelling with your kids, you just need a copy of your marriage certificate in case they ask. I only changed it for other reasons.
Did you go through what I wrote or you want to start your own? I said to avoid unnecessary questions. Imagine yourself in a scenario you forgot your marriage certificate and you are called aside for questioning. Please go through people`s comment before mentioning them.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by kingvilleshines: 11:02pm On Jun 23, 2021
GOOD DAY PLEASE MY CASE IS A CASE OF LOST PASSPORT SINCE 2014 BUT RIGHT NOW I WANT TO GET A PASSPORT DUE TO AN URGENCY PLEASE CAN YOU GUIDE ME AS TO WHAT TO EXPECT IN TERMS OF THE COST AND THE PROCESSING. I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO GET THE POLICE REPORT AND AFFIDAVIDIT PLEASE YOUR RESPONSE WILL BE HELPFUL. THANKS please
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ClassicJohn(m): 11:10pm On Jun 23, 2021
I was at the Festac office today and my "link" there made it clear that there is nothing like express IP process at the branch as it used to be.

The major difference between those who follow the DIY route and those who pay for express is just that in the latter, the time between application and capturing is expedited and an individual monitors your application until receipt of the IP.

The 6 weeks duration between application and receipt of the IP applies to both categories.

However, I noticed the reluctance to attend to those who applied through the DIY route (You know that their feeling of 'you non wan pay abi?'). The files of those who took the other route was priotised which makes it possible to apply and 'capture' the same day.

I hope this trend does not bring back the backlog problem especially for those who applied via the DIY route.

Anyway, I used the other route after much persuasion from family but I don't think there is much difference between both.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by mutiply: 11:49pm On Jun 23, 2021
If not for the treats and tension on the high ways,I wouldn't mind travelling to other states, most especially the north to do my passport.

I was happy to see some of my kingsmen today in the Lagos office as staff, spoke in dialect and they responded in English,I was not surprised cause I followed DIY process. They always frown at people who do it.

A Northerner would never do that. They are the best set of people that will give assistance equally, irrespective of where you from and once you speak hausa with them, they open the doors.

For the first in my life, am about to loose opportunities cause I don't have a passport,and it takes ages to get one.

PS: if you are not in a hurry to get a passport, follow DIY and save yourself the headache and sleepless night as am getting.

If you decide to follow staff and agents, try get a high ranking staff like the PCO.

My two cents.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by EmmySparky(m): 11:58pm On Jun 23, 2021
Ivymich:

this is harsh...I was at alausa on Monday..I was frustrated to the core...my nerves were seriously being worked on by those officers...they hate DIY cos it means they don't get to get bribe...and extra money ..I had to go to the court and do some nonsense photocopies...I was justwalking here and there like a mad chicken...I didn't give no body a dime...I finally finished everything at 4:10...it wasn't funny at all...

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Ashaniade: 6:47am On Jun 24, 2021
EmmySparky:
this is harsh...I was at alausa on Monday..I was frustrated to the core...my nerves were seriously being worked on by those officers...they hate DIY cos it means they don't get to get bribe...and extra money ..I had to go to the court and do some nonsense photocopies...I was justwalking here and there like a mad chicken...I didn't give no body a dime...I finally finished everything at 4:10...it wasn't funny at all...
please do get their names do you can report them. If possible get their voice recorded as an attachment too
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by pocohantas(f): 6:50am On Jun 24, 2021
Dalil8:

He's right so SYADB!

Don’t bring your petulance from Romance section here. If you are observant, you will notice there is a reason this thread has come this far without problems. Carry your redpill to Romance section.

Warms Regards

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by pocohantas(f): 6:52am On Jun 24, 2021
Oggg:

Oggg is right @Ivymich.

It is not a must. I am very sure my friend still bears her maiden name and they have been traveling upandan. Though at first those immigration officers got nosey, but with time you will learn to be sharpmouthed enough for their problems. grin
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by EmmySparky(m): 7:09am On Jun 24, 2021
Ashaniade:
please do get their names do you can report them. If possible get their voice recorded as an attachment too
I am going back for round 2 which is capturing anytime I received their text...I have their names but I don't think that's necessary..the rot is from their boss downwards...
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by spanzed(m): 7:17am On Jun 24, 2021
mutiply:
If not for the treats and tension on the high ways,I wouldn't mind travelling to other states, most especially the north to do my passport.

I was happy to see some of my kingsmen today in the Lagos office as staff, spoke in dialect and they responded in English,I was not surprised cause I followed DIY process. They always frown at people who do it.

A Northerner would never do that. They are the best set of people that will give assistance equally, irrespective of where you from and once you speak hausa with them, they open the doors.

For the first in my life, am about to loose opportunities cause I don't have a passport,and it takes ages to get one.

PS: if you are not in a hurry to get a passport, follow DIY and save yourself the headache and sleepless night as am getting.

If you decide to follow staff and agents, try get a high ranking staff like the PCO.

My two cents.
Good morning, please how much does it cost to apply for an International Passport presently? DIY and through an agent respectively.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Joiceee(f): 7:36am On Jun 24, 2021
Yes. DM me
Galacious1:
Please have you gotten any response?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by babajeje123(m): 8:15am On Jun 24, 2021
Ivymich:
He is right. You will have issues when you want to travel with the kids.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Joiceee(f): 8:16am On Jun 24, 2021
nonye6194:
Good day guys,

I just got my attestation of birth from npc. What are the documents required for capture for a first timer at the Ikoyi immigration office? And what day of the week would be hitch free to go for the capture? Thanks
please how much did you spend getting this and Is it the NPC office in Lagos?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by babajeje123(m): 8:17am On Jun 24, 2021
Please help me. I mistakenly selected FCT instead of Lagos for my 2 kids and I've paid. I didn't even noticed till my wife got to Ikoyi for biometric yesterday. The officer that attended to her said she should go to Abuja or repay. Is there no other way round like paying a token for a change of location?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by obitryce(m): 8:34am On Jun 24, 2021
Currently at Port Harcourt office trying to get some information about capturing, having submitted my application since last week Thursday.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by mutiply: 9:04am On Jun 24, 2021
spanzed:
Good morning, please how much does it cost to apply for an International Passport presently? DIY and through an agent respectively.
DIY is 26k for Renewal, don't know how much is for a new one.

Agents which are immigration staff charge between 45 to 60k.

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (828) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.