Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (306) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1441085 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) ... (829) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Jibwillz: 4:59pm On Jul 13, 2021
Growingboi:
Same thing happened to us and I believe this is just applicable in ABK unlike Lagos(Ikoyi to be precise) where it's just for sight seeing.

okay! cux no1 has ever mentioned their old passport being taken from them. My mind is at rest now.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by cypher01: 4:59pm On Jul 13, 2021
Applied at Akure passport office since April. Nothing yet. My name is not on that uncollected list. Any Akure peep here please??
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by klem93(m): 5:17pm On Jul 13, 2021
cypher01:
Applied at Akure passport office since April. Nothing yet. My name is not on that uncollected list. Any Akure peep here please??

Have you checked on it in the office urself? Or you're waiting for text
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Oggg: 6:32pm On Jul 13, 2021
Jibwillz:

I've submitted my documents at the abeokuta office, i made copies of the necessary form to fill and got a folder for my files as instructed by the officer.
The whole submission process took me just 30mins, but the surprising thing is my old passport was retained, i thought it was just for sight seeing which was meant to be given back to me afterwards but the officer said no when i asked for it (don't know if that's the new procedure).

Capture date: 22 Aug.
why will he hold onto ur old passpt. This is absurd. What is he doing with your property??Pls go back there and collect your old passprt.
Pls go and complain!!
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by adebisilucy(f): 7:44pm On Jul 13, 2021
Oggg:
why will he hold onto ur old passpt. This is absurd. What is he doing with your property??Pls go back there and collect your old passprt.
Pls go and complain!!
I guess it will be returned, mine was taken and returned along with the new one
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by cypher01: 8:49pm On Jul 13, 2021
klem93:

Have you checked on it in the office urself? Or you're waiting for text

I’m still waiting for text. Maybe I should check in the office?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by klem93(m): 9:06pm On Jul 13, 2021
Oggg:
Pls go and complain!!

That's how it is done here in Abeokuta. The passport will be returned to you after capturing
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Oggg: 9:47pm On Jul 13, 2021
klem93:

That's how it is done here in Abeokuta. The passport will be returned to you after capturing
ok o
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by vickysunmomi(f): 10:04pm On Jul 13, 2021
cypher01:

I applied in April too, no text but I went to the office and twas ready last month.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Morgan9(m): 3:23am On Jul 14, 2021
cypher01:

I’m still waiting for text. Maybe I should check in the office?
Ogbeni use ur leg and go to thier office stop waiting for text
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Morgan9(m): 3:27am On Jul 14, 2021
adebisilucy:
So the officer in charge at Abuja sent me a message that my passport will be ready anytime soon, few hours later he sent me my data page, I was so happy and also full of emotions considering what I've gone through. Waited till today after collecting the hard copy before sharing the news.
Ladies and gentlemen, thanks for your support throughout this journey, the mission seems impossible but you gave me hope and support, you created an impact I'll always remember for good.
THANK YOU
When did u do ur capturing
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Morgan9(m): 3:33am On Jul 14, 2021
corleone427:
If anyone has an update on those who captured on the 10th last month for renewal (ikoyi) please I would appreciate o....my agent isn't replying my messages...
Use ur leg and go to ikoyi command and verify ur self

Ur passport should be ready by now since it renewal..
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Lizzer: 1:18pm On Jul 14, 2021
Good afternoon All,
Am new here, please I would like to know if anyone that did capturing on the 29th of June in Abeokuta has gotten his or her passport?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by aieromon(m): 1:46pm On Jul 14, 2021
Passport Office: NIS HQ Sauka, Abuja
Application Type: Renewal

I made payment online for a 32-page and 5-years validity booklet via Saanapay. Cost is N26,000.

Required Documents (one copy each)
Handwritten application letter
Online Renewal Application Form
Receipt of payment
Acknowledgment Slip
Photocopy of data page
Photocopy of NIN slip
Expired International Passport

I got to the NIS HQ Complex and went straight to the Glass House but I was redirected to the Capture Centre. At the entrance of the Capture Centre, an officer vetted my documents and asked me to print out a queue ticket before allowing me access into the waiting room.

I entered the waiting room and waited for my ticket number to be displayed. Once the number was displayed, I walked down to the officer behind Counter 4 who vetted my documents and asked me to have my seat while he forwarded my application to the Approval Office. Once approved, he called me to fill a re-issue form and told me to wait for further processing. At this stage, he returned back the online renewal application form and asked me to write down my phone number on the handwritten application form. About 40 minutes later, I was called to collect my expired passport and wait for capture. It took a while but I was eventually called to proceed to the capturing room.

I spent a total of 2hrs 30mins from arrival to final capture and my collection date is on the 4th of August which is in three weeks time.

I hope this helps.

6 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Florence56: 1:56pm On Jul 14, 2021
aieromon:
Passport Office: NIS HQ Sauka, Abuja
Application Type: Renewal

I made payment online for a 32-page and 5-years validity booklet via Saanapay. Cost is N26,000.

I got to the NIS HQ Complex and went straight to the Glass House but I was redirected to the Capture Centre. At the entrance of the Capture Centre, an officer vetted my documents and asked me to print out a queue ticket before allowing me access into the waiting room.

I entered the waiting room and waited for my ticket number to be displayed. Once the number was displayed, I walked down to the officer behind Counter 4 who vetted my documents and asked me to have my seat while he forwarded my application to the Approval Office. Once approved, he called me to fill a re-issue and told me to wait for further processing. At this stage, he returned back the online renewal application form. About 40 minutes later, I was called to collect my expired passport and wait for capture. It took a while but I was eventually called to proceed to the capturing room.

I spent a total of 2hrs 30mins from arrival to final capture and my collection date is on the 4th of August which is in three weeks time.

I hope this helps.
Thank you for the detailed information.
Did you write application letter please?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by cypher01: 1:57pm On Jul 14, 2021
Yayyy

I collected my passport today at Akure Passport office. I didn’t receive any message. Applied since April. The officer said it’s being ready since

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by aieromon(m): 2:19pm On Jul 14, 2021
Florence56:
Thank you for the detailed information.
Did you write application letter please?

Yes I did. Thanks for this observation.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by corleone427: 2:33pm On Jul 14, 2021
Morgan9:

Use ur leg and go to ikoyi command and verify ur self

Ur passport should be ready by now since it renewal..

I just want this week to pass I would be there by next week if I don't get any reply from them this week.....and also please if you did capturing in ikoyi on the 10th June and you've gone there physically to pick your passport please do indicate here.....make person nor waste transport then no show.....

Renewal taking time as if it's fresh passport �......I wish I didn't go to ikoyi I swear
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Mhegar: 2:37pm On Jul 14, 2021
I used an agent but honestly I don't think there is any difference because I had to wait for about 8weeks or so before collection.
Fresh passport

corleone427:

Did you do DIY or you used an agent....also was it fresh or renewal?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Florence56: 2:40pm On Jul 14, 2021
aieromon:

Yes I did. Thanks for this observation.
Oh okay.
Is there a specific format?
If yes, can you please help with it.
I'm planning to go for mine tomorrow.

Thank you.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by aieromon(m): 2:56pm On Jul 14, 2021
Florence56:
Oh okay.

Thank you.

No specific format.

Address application letter to the Comptroller General, Nigeria Immigration Service HQ Sauka, Abuja.

I, Wa Zo Bia wish to apply for the renewal of my Nigerian Passport No A01234567 issued on the 14th of July, 1999 at the Sambisa Passport Office.

Please find attached all supporting documents to backup my application.

Thank you in anticipation of a favorable response.

Yours Sincerely,
Wa Zo Bia

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Florence56: 3:25pm On Jul 14, 2021
aieromon:

No specific format.

Address application letter to the Comptroller General, Nigeria Immigration Service HQ Sauka, Abuja.

Thank you so much
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by corleone427: 3:41pm On Jul 14, 2021
Mhegar:
I used an agent but honestly I don't think there is any difference because I had to wait for about 8weeks or so before collection.
Fresh passport

Nah wah oooo
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by adebisilucy(f): 4:29pm On Jul 14, 2021
Morgan9:

When did u do ur capturing
May 4th
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by lordjonjo(m): 6:00pm On Jul 14, 2021
I have received my passport yesterday at Alausa. I registered and captured on the 16th of June. The passport was ready at at 1st of July. Biko, your passport should be ready.
Morgan9:

Pls make una help answer this question⁉️.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by lordjonjo(m): 6:08pm On Jul 14, 2021
Timeline
Registration and capturing 16th of June. It was supposed to by DIY but they wouldn't allow me submit because I have over 6 months validity. I had to go for interview upstairs for that and their senior officer only agreed after greasing his palms (I no get choice). Immediately he approved he approved me for renewal, I told him to allow me capture and the request was granted too. Decided to check yesterday and found that it has been ready since 1st of July.
Don't wait for any text message.
Renewal is officially 3 weeks while Fresh application takes 6 weeks.
lordjonjo:
I have received my passport yesterday at Alausa. I registered and captured on the 16th of June. The passport was ready at at 1st of July. Biko, your passport should be ready.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by tomsniel(m): 6:40pm On Jul 14, 2021
lordjonjo:
Timeline
Registration and capturing 16th of June. It was supposed to by DIY but they wouldn't allow me submit because I have over 6 months validity. I had to go for interview upstairs for that and their senior officer only agreed after greasing his palms (I no get choice). Immediately he approved he approved me for renewal, I told him to allow me capture and the request was granted too. Decided to check yesterday and found that it has been ready since 1st of July.

Where did you check? What was the date on your collection slip?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Jibwillz: 8:01pm On Jul 14, 2021
Florence56:
Oh okay.

Thank you.
you can use this format

replace EMBASSY OF NIG with eg,

1- NIGERIA IMMIGRATION SERVICE
Ikoyi Lagos
2- Registration No: should be ur application form ID & Reference No: respectively
3- Skip the remarks (for official use only) and sign at the bottom as indicated

hand written ooo

i hope it helps.

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by solelymade: 8:27pm On Jul 14, 2021
Hello,

Please, I paid for 3 fresh enhanced ePassport Ikoyi center yesterday and the applications haven't received any day yet for capturing which I find unusual. Someone should kindly help me with their new style of call-up for capturing. Can the applicants just walk-in on them for capturing now ni or what?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by aieromon(m): 8:43pm On Jul 14, 2021
solelymade:
Hello,

Please, I paid for 3 fresh enhanced ePassport Ikoyi center yesterday and the applications haven't received any day yet for capturing which I find unusual. Someone should kindly help me with their new style of call-up for capturing. Can the applicants just walk-in on them for capturing now ni or what?

What is written on the acknowledgement slip? If the interview date is Not Available (Please contact passport office), package your documents and visit the selected Passport office for processing.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by solelymade: 9:02pm On Jul 14, 2021
aieromon:

What is written on the acknowledgement slip? If the interview date is Not Available (Please contact passport office), package your documents and visit the selected Passport office for processing.

Yes, interview date not available is what was written on the acknowledgement slip. Thank you so much
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by suzyberry(f): 10:24pm On Jul 14, 2021
lordjonjo:
Timeline
does it take exactly 3weeks for renewal and 6 weeks for fresh or it could be less?

(1) (2) (3) ... (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) ... (829) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.