Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,917 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (521) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1441307 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) ... (829) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by uchman(m): 4:51am On Aug 05, 2022
I tracked my passport and what I saw was Production in progress, what does that mean pls?

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by victorVIC1(m): 7:16am On Aug 05, 2022
Ifeoba:
Anybody that is thinking DIY should not come near Alausa center except you're ready to wait for the next 5 months minimum after you capture. I was at Alausa today and those that captured April this year are just receiving sms to come for collection of their passport. I saw some who captured March this year and their passport is not out yet. The pages of your passport and whether fresh or renewal does not matter. IF YOU DIY AT ALAUSA, WAIT TO GET SMS BEFORE YOU GO THERE OR ELSE YOU WILL BE FRUSTRATED. YOU MAY NOT GET SMS IF THE PHONE NUMBER YOU FILLED DURING APPLICATION IS NOT CORRECT OR YOU MAKE MISTAKE WHILE FILLING YOUR FORM.

The level of corruption on display at Alausa need serious media attention. Officers there are seriously cashing out with fast track. If you DIY and pay minimum of 15k depending on officer you approach, your passport will be out in 2 weeks. I confirmed this for real, and DIY are waiting 5 & 6 months without their passport. Don't be deceived by the 3 & 6 weeks notice. You will wait for 6 months grin.

I think Shagamu center is better now for DIY. My source is what I read here. Alausa, Ikoyi and Fastac was like that some months ago. They have returned back to their corrupt practices without shame and human feeling.

If you want to DIY, I will suggest you think twice before you make your decision. A word is enough for the wise.

I intend going to Shagamu center next week Tuesday but I would be using fast track due to the urgency. Will you advise I submit the application on line and then go to the center to fast track or just apply fast track from the get go?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nettybrown(m): 8:11am On Aug 05, 2022
Isjaymoh:
Kindly help me out on this.
My guarantor took the form himself to the commissioner of oath and I just want to confirm if this is how the stamp and signature going to look like and is it compulsory he fill those blank space? Because he only filled is name, residential address and signature

I'm surprised no one has responded to this. I'm sure we have people who just submitted theirs. Pls respond to this now. Let's help out.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Zagee: 9:03am On Aug 05, 2022
Zagee:
PH officers are cultist. They charge you 5k before your file will leave servicom. I wonder when citizens turn to FG to they give them impress Na so them stress me for two days calling me Mr. Due process. Finally captured yesterday though. What an experience as a DIY advocate.

Oh well passport now in production. See you guys in 3-6wks.

DIY works oh, but coconut heads officers will be doing anyhow..

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Shofat4real(m): 9:04am On Aug 05, 2022
Yes, the guarantor's form must bear the the seal of the court after the signatures. Equally, your guarantor must not leave any blank space.
Peace!
Nettybrown:

I'm surprised no one has responded to this. I'm sure we have people who just submitted theirs. Pls respond to this now. Let's help out.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Chrys27: 9:06am On Aug 05, 2022
Good morning all.

I have a challenge here.

My passport expires on the 19th of February 2023. It will be 6 months to expire from the 19th of this month.

I just made payment and booked an appointment for the 8th of this month before it came to my mind. I tried rescheduling to the 22nd of this month but the rescheduling is disabled for that centre.

Will I have any problems if I go for the biometrics on the 8th?

The center is Abakiliki.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Zagee: 9:09am On Aug 05, 2022
Isjaymoh:
My guarantor took the form himself to the commissioner of oath and I just want to confirm if this is how the stamp and signature going to look like and is it compulsory he fill those blank space? Because he only filled is name, residential address and signature
Fill up the other details(Not necessarily all in the assets section though)and submit. I hope you got a copy of their Intl Passport and any form of id(NIN slip)
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Ifeoba: 1:30pm On Aug 05, 2022
victorVIC1:

I intend going to Shagamu center next week Tuesday but I would be using fast track due to the urgency. Will you advise I submit the application on line and then go to the center to fast track or just apply fast track from the get go?

I don't know about how they do fast track in Shagamu. Maybe someone who have done there can respond.

In Alausa, you can do DIY and later get an officer to help you fast track or you use officer from start to finish. It's almost the same amount. I'm speaking from what I saw with my eye at the center.

I am for DIY, and I can't say much about fast track. Thanks for the understanding.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Ifeoba: 1:34pm On Aug 05, 2022
Nettybrown:

Your guarantor has done well for you already. Save you money and stress. Fill the remaining columns on the guarantor's form, prepare other necessary required documents and you are good to go.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Ifeoba: 1:40pm On Aug 05, 2022
Chrys27:
Good morning all.

I have a challenge here.

My passport expires on the 19th of February 2023. It will be 6 months to expire from the 19th of this month.

I just made payment and booked an appointment for the 8th of this month before it came to my mind. I tried rescheduling to the 22nd of this month but the rescheduling is disabled for that centre.

The center is Abakiliki.

If you have not been able to reschedule the appointment date online then the first schedule of 8th August is still valid for you.

If you are still interested in rescheduling then you keep trying online or you change your browser. You may be experiencing network or browser issues.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by victorVIC1(m): 2:08pm On Aug 05, 2022
Ifeoba:

I don't know about how they do fast track in Shagamu. Maybe someone who have done there can respond.

In Alausa, you can do DIY and later get an officer to help you fast track or you use officer from start to finish. It's almost the same amount. I'm speaking from what I saw with my eye at the center.

I am for DIY, and I can't say much about fast track. Thanks for the understanding.

Thanks. There seems to be a problem with Alausa. The agent I spoke with at Alausa yesterday said even with fast track, the earliest date of data capturing is October. With this projection, I can't meet up with my plan. Hence, why I'm looking outside Lagos
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Ifeoba: 5:11pm On Aug 05, 2022
victorVIC1:

Thanks. There seems to be a problem with Alausa. The agent I spoke with at Alausa yesterday said even with fast track, the earliest date of data capturing is October. With this projection, I can't meet up with my plan. Hence, why I'm looking outside Lagos

Alausa center is really overwhelmed.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by victorVIC1(m): 5:15pm On Aug 05, 2022
Ifeoba:

Alausa center is really overwhelmed.

Yeah. I think it is similar situation across Lagos cos my contact in Koyi is saying same thing
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Teejay13(m): 5:30pm On Aug 05, 2022
uchman:
I tracked my passport and what I saw was Production in progress, what does that mean pls?

Simply implies that your passport has passed the biometric stage and is at its production stage.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by pufframmy: 5:41pm On Aug 05, 2022
please any one here has done DIY in ABEOKUTA center please share your IDEA
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Teejay13(m): 5:55pm On Aug 05, 2022
Chrys27:
Good morning all.

I have a challenge here.

The center is Abakiliki.

That is not an issue though. However I will advice you go to your center of application before then and explain your challenge to them.

Plus keep on trying to see if you can reschedule your appointment date if possible, I believe the disable thing is as a result of network failure from their portal
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Teejay13(m): 6:15pm On Aug 05, 2022
Nigerianmigrant:
Hello everyone, I actually paid for my passport today, and I’m to go for my capturing in Abeokuta, I’ll be coming from Lagos and I would love to know if it’s advisable to go and open up a file prior to my capturing date or can I do both on the same day. I would really appreciate your reply’s please.

If you can make it to go a day before your capturing date, that will be fine. However you might want to still go as early as possible on the same date of your data capturing.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by akins33: 6:56pm On Aug 05, 2022
My appointment is far away in October,is there a way i can backtrack it,the officers are asking for a ridiculous amount,after iv already paid online.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by FineDragon(m): 10:08pm On Aug 05, 2022
Please I need help in how I can get this guarantor form because I have tried in looking for the blank page but I keep seeing full name filled with Micheal
Isjaymoh:
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Senaxx: 1:06am On Aug 06, 2022
Hello all. This thread has been really useful to me. I need help please

I skipped my middle name while filling in the data for my passport application online. I'm going the DIY route. My capture date is September 12th.
I tried tracking my application and it's saying "error mismatch between data and NIN. Report to office for correction" (not exact words but close).
I didn't fill in my middle name while applying for the passport, but my NIN shows my middle name. I felt it was not important when filling in the form as it was marked as "optional".

As every other detail matches with my NIN except this, will i be okay?

Please is this a problem? If yes, how do i sort it out? Do i need to go to the office before the capture date? And does this affect the date? Since i am going the DIY route i wouldn't want anything to mess me up on the day of my capture.

I also tried tracking my child's application & it's bringing up an error saying the reference number and application ID cannot be found. But when i tried inputting it to know if i could edit , her details came up, letting me know it was already submitted so could not be edited. Do i have anything to worry about concerning hers? We are both meant to capture on the 12th of September.

I'd really appreciate a response to help me out. Thank you
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by jideflash(m): 3:21am On Aug 06, 2022
greetings good people. i started my online application and i have gotten to the payment section. i choose alausa processing office. but upon reading this thread i realised that alausa is overwhelmed and will cause me long delays. im yet to pay but unforunately i cant edit my processing office.

Is it possible for me to start a fresh application and choose shagamu office instead without any issues?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by DaSugarBoi(m): 8:06am On Aug 06, 2022
jideflash:
greetings good people. i started my online application and i have gotten to the payment section. i choose alausa processing office. but upon reading this thread i realised that alausa is overwhelmed and will cause me long delays. im yet to pay but unforunately i cant edit my processing office.

Is it possible for me to start a fresh application and choose shagamu office instead without any issues?
Since you have not paid . Ignore that one and open another application form.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by DaSugarBoi(m): 8:16am On Aug 06, 2022
Senaxx:

I skipped my middle name while filling in the data for my passport application online. I'm going the DIY route. My capture date is September 12th.
I tried tracking my application and it's saying "error mismatch between data and NIN. Report to office for correction" (not exact words but close).
I didn't fill in my middle name while applying for the passport, but my NIN shows my middle name. I felt it was not important when filling in the form as it was marked as "optional".

Please is this a problem? If yes, how do i sort it out? Do i need to go to the office before the capture date? And does this affect the date? Since i am going the DIY route i wouldn't want anything to mess me up on the day of my capture.

I also tried tracking my child's application & it's bringing up an error saying the reference number and application ID cannot be found. But when i tried inputting it to know if i could edit , her details came up, letting me know it was already submitted so could not be edited. Do i have anything to worry about concerning hers? We are both meant to capture on the 12th of September.

You may need to visit the servicom desk of your choice centre and ask ahead for urs . For ur child you don't need to worry about the details not coming up so far you have the appointment slip and other necessary doc printed out. Just ensure her NIN is validated before her capturing date

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by pappybarry(m): 10:25am On Aug 06, 2022
Greetings to everyone here!

Today I booked an appointment online for data capturing. But it's 11 weeks from now. October 31st. Too far.

Please can I still do express after paying online?
How do I go about it? Cos I know before I'll collect this passport might be in December. Too far

I'll appreciate suggestions, thanks
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Papuzzy: 11:20am On Aug 06, 2022
Please help with a suggestion.....My passport renewal process has been here for over 3 weeks now....Please what do I need to do? Am I to go for biometrics or just wait?

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nozino: 11:33am On Aug 06, 2022
[/quote][quote author=Senaxx post=115427249]Hello all. This thread has been really useful to me. I need help please

Your explanation doesn’t make any sense. The middle name is optional because some people don’t have middle name. If you have a middle name, why would you omit it? Don’t you want it to appear on the passport? Mr B G F and MR B F are not the same person.

Since you’re using DIY, such mistakes should be avoided at all cost. Hopefully Someone can help you .

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Chrys27: 12:24pm On Aug 06, 2022
Attached are the requirements listed for me to come along with for my PASSPORT RENEWAL.

Other than these, is there any other document I need to go along with?

Hope I don't need a guarantor form for passport renewal.

Thank you.

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by MeezPat(f): 1:39pm On Aug 06, 2022
I got my passport today.I did not receive any text and my phone number was fine but it was ready and it was DIY.I captured April 8th.I advise any one who captured before this time to head there for collection,text or none.It was not crowdy today too unlike weekdays...
Ifeoba:
Anybody that is thinking DIY should not come near Alausa center except you're ready to wait for the next 5 months minimum after you capture. I was at Alausa today and those that captured April this year are just receiving sms to come for collection of their passport. I saw some who captured March this year and their passport is not out yet. The pages of your passport and whether fresh or renewal does not matter. IF YOU DIY AT ALAUSA, WAIT TO GET SMS BEFORE YOU GO THERE OR ELSE YOU WILL BE FRUSTRATED. YOU MAY NOT GET SMS IF THE PHONE NUMBER YOU FILLED DURING APPLICATION IS NOT CORRECT OR YOU MAKE MISTAKE WHILE FILLING YOUR FORM.

The level of corruption on display at Alausa need serious media attention. Officers there are seriously cashing out with fast track. If you DIY and pay minimum of 15k depending on officer you approach, your passport will be out in 2 weeks. I confirmed this for real, and DIY are waiting 5 & 6 months without their passport. Don't be deceived by the 3 & 6 weeks notice. You will wait for 6 months grin.

I think Shagamu center is better now for DIY. My source is what I read here. Alausa, Ikoyi and Fastac was like that some months ago. They have returned back to their corrupt practices without shame and human feeling.

If you want to DIY, I will suggest you think twice before you make your decision. A word is enough for the wise.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by aieromon(m): 2:30pm On Aug 06, 2022
Chrys27:
Attached are the requirements listed for me to come along with for my PASSPORT RENEWAL.

Other than these, is there any other document I need to go along with?

Hope I don't need a guarantor form for passport renewal.

Thank you.

You are good to go. Guarantor is not required for a renewal.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Spicylate(f): 5:45pm On Aug 06, 2022
Senaxx:

This looks like it will cost you o. Your NIN details has to match with your passport deets. Now, try calling out their helpline on the website and see if you would a helpful solution. They are also responsive on twitter too. All the best.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Isjaymoh(m): 3:11am On Aug 07, 2022
On NIS website you will see where you will download guarantor form, but you can only download it if you have make payment for your application

FineDragon:
Please I need help in how I can get this guarantor form because I have tried in looking for the blank page but I keep seeing full name filled with Micheal
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by jasperonyx: 3:48am On Aug 07, 2022
Senaxx:

yes,it is a problem.
We have passed through teaching this all time, the names on your documents should be same, it is a prob,let us learn and stop making this petty mistake.
Thank God you have not capture, have you arranged your files?
They will not even look at these online application,they will still give you an application form to fill,fill in the correct order.
On capturing day,state your name as found on your NIN.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) ... (829) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

Viewing this topic: Akby(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.