Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,025 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (595) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1438873 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) ... (829) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by berbs: 9:18am On Nov 23, 2022
alakara:

There is fast track.

Even as at now in the South? That will take how many days I'm talking about someone who is starting afresh.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by berbs: 9:19am On Nov 23, 2022
dammywapes:
sorry who told you this ?

An immigration officer.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by alakara(m): 9:21am On Nov 23, 2022
berbs:

Even as at now in the South? That will take how many days I'm talking about someone who is starting afresh.
A week, 2 weeks , a month depending on the rank of the officer involved.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by sirBLUNT: 9:27am On Nov 23, 2022
Akano5:

Sir!!!
Is the letter from the state of origin compulsory??

And where would I get the letter; is it from the high court?

Help a novice�
Go to any liason office in your state of residence and do it

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by soulmate19: 9:31am On Nov 23, 2022
Pls do I need to do a LG certificate and guarantor form for a 2year old fresh passport?

sirBLUNT:
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Akano5(m): 9:44am On Nov 23, 2022
sirBLUNT:

Thank you sir

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ekitimanalways(m): 9:44am On Nov 23, 2022
Akano5:

Sir!!!

Help a novice�
You hail from which state in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Glowprincess: 10:33am On Nov 23, 2022
Sharing my DIY experience at the Festac passport office this morning as a single parent.

I had previously gone yesterday to open a file as I have seen a couple of people mention here. The lady at servicom said it wasn't necessary. I should come on the day of capturing, which is today to begin the whole process.

Got to the passport office by 7am. Waited outside till they let us in by 8am. Proceeded to the waiting hall. Till sometime around 9am when I realised I had to drop my child's appointment slip at servicom to be called. I did that and returned to the waiting room. I was called upon mins later to servicom with others.

They asked who was capturing. Stated it was my child. They asked for a marriage certificate, which I don't have as I'm not married. They said "we don't do single mother here". I proceeded to show them the consent letter from her father and his passport data page plus birth certificate with has name as the father of the child. I was asked whose surname the child bares, it's his surname. They still asked if we are married legally or traditionally and if we live together. Answered all in negative. I was told to go to Ikeja high court to swear an "Affidavit for single mother".

I left that servicom office embarrassed. I'm home now.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Puya: 10:54am On Nov 23, 2022
Akano5:

Sir!!!

Help a novice�
Yes, it’s very much compulsory and part of the documents you will be bringing the originals.
Go to your state liaison office in whatever state you are (I.e if you’re not or don’t reside in your state of origin to visit your local govt of origin to get it)
Request for the state of origin certification, also called local govt of origin certificate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Papuzzy: 10:58am On Nov 23, 2022
Hopephul:
If you captured at Abeokuta NIS on or before September 21 you should go and collect your passport now, pretty sure it's ready if there's no issue in the process that you see on the tracker. If it's showing passport in production since August or September, it's pretty much all printed now except for those with issues (NIN issues, etc.). The collection process is a shitshow as usual but you'll get it at the end of the day, though you might spend your whole day waiting there and leave around 7 pm if you refuse to bribe anyone.

P.S.: I collected mine today but it's still showing production in progress on the tracker.
Please when did you capture?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Canismajoris: 11:25am On Nov 23, 2022
aieromon:

Close to the finish line....check back in 2 weeks time.
Thanks. At this stage, is it possible for an officer to deliver it to me tomorrow as promised?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by keyke(f): 11:30am On Nov 23, 2022
ekitimanalways:

PLEASE DID YOU ENCOUNTER ANY CHALLENGES ON THE DAY OF YOUR CAPTURING AT FESTAC TOWN IMMIGRATION CENTER?
I KEEP HEARING THE CORRUPTION AT NIGERIA IMMIGRATION OFFICE, FESTAC TOWN IS HIGH.
Not really, except that I didn't go with my original marriage certificate. I had it on my phone but the immigration officer at servicom won't accept it saying she wants to see the hard copy. I had to call my brother to bring it for me. Within an hour after I had shown them the original hard copy, I was done capturing. I'll just advice those going through the DIY route to have all the required documents to avoid delay

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by aieromon(m): 12:09pm On Nov 23, 2022
Canismajoris:
Thanks. At this stage, is it possible for an officer to deliver it to me tomorrow as promised?

Very possible.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by dammywapes(m): 12:14pm On Nov 23, 2022
berbs:

An immigration officer.
okay
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by JAkpayen(m): 12:18pm On Nov 23, 2022
Glowprincess:
Sharing my DIY experience at the Festac passport office this morning as a single parent.

I had previously gone yesterday to open a file as I have seen a couple of people mention here. The lady at servicom said it wasn't necessary. I should come on the day of capturing, which is today to begin the whole process.

Got to the passport office by 7am. Waited outside till they let us in by 8am. Proceeded to the waiting hall. Till sometime around 9am when I realised I had to drop my child's appointment slip at servicom to be called. I did that and returned to the waiting room. I was called upon mins later to servicom with others.

They asked who was capturing. Stated it was my child. They asked for a marriage certificate, which I don't have as I'm not married. They said "we don't do single mother here". I proceeded to show them the consent letter from her father and his passport data page plus birth certificate with has name as the father of the child. I was asked whose surname the child bares, it's his surname. They still asked if we are married legally or traditionally and if we live together. Answered all in negative. I was told to go to Ikeja high court to swear an "Affidavit for single mother".

I left that servicom office embarrassed. I'm home now.

My dear do not feel embarrassed, there is a lot of human trafficking done underground. They are experienced in this and government tries to block all loopholes. Do what you are ask to do. Infact, you may face very difficult question with the visa officer when you plan to travel with the child and this might help you

4 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by gr8gem(f): 2:03pm On Nov 23, 2022
just2endowed:
Hello guys, I have decided to DIY after reading this thread.

Pls do I need to redo NPC birth certificate or do age declaration at the court?

I would advise you to do birth attestation certificate from npc headquarter at surulere if in Lagos because it is accepted any where in the world should you have the intention of leaving Nigeria one day and more standard than age declaration.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by gr8gem(f): 2:26pm On Nov 23, 2022
I want to share my experience when i did my new passport at the ikeja office in 2021, i did payment and filling on Tuesday at past 3pm, I had all my original document, passport picture, birth certificate, LG certificate and NIN, i couldn't do the capturing cause my payment has not been confirm. I was asked to come the next day Wednesday for capturing which i did in less than 20min and by Friday same week at past 3pm i was called to come pickup my passport that it was ready but i couldn't meet up cause i wasn't close to ikeja. I went on Monday and pick up my passport which was the new passport in less than 10min. It was not diy though.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by frakie: 3:17pm On Nov 23, 2022
Good day everyone
Please I will like to have your genuine advices on my passport case.

Sometime in 2013, I gave my passport to a travel agent along awolowo road, ikeja to help me obtain a Canada visa after 3 months of waiting. The travel agent called me to come for my passport on getting to his office, I opened my passport. I saw Trinidad and Tobago visa which I honorably declined that it wasn’t our agreement angrily I left the passport with him. I contacted an immigration officer at ikoyi passport office, that I needed a new passport. I explained the scenario to him, he advised that I need to do a lost case, which I said okay.
Now am ready to do the lost case process, but same immigration officer is telling me it’s going to cost me 120,000 naira for 10 years’ validity period. He said I need to get the following documents below;
Data Page of my passport
NIN
Court Affidavit
Police Report
Where I am confused now is; the DOB on my NIN is different from the one of my passport i.e the month and date are okay, it’s just the year alone. and if anyone has a vital information on how I can correct the DOB on my NIN, please help a brother.
I have read some testimony here, on how one can do it on his/her own.
Please my question is there any additional documents, I need to present at the immigration office because there is nothing like fast track. I remembered last year I paid the same immigration officer 130k for my sibling’s passport and it took almost 5-6 months before its out.
Please if there is any other information I need to know in terms of documentations and how I will go about doing it on my own kindly share it here as I may not be the only one in this kind of situation, thank you.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Gbagura: 3:36pm On Nov 23, 2022
soulmate19:
Pls do I need to do a LG certificate and guarantor form for a 2year old fresh passport?

Nope, your NIN will be requested with the other spouse. That's all.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Gbagura: 3:37pm On Nov 23, 2022
frakie:
Good day everyone

Sometime in 2013, I gave my passport to a travel agent along awolowo road, ikeja to help me obtain a Canada visa after 3 months of waiting. The travel agent called me to come for my passport on getting to his office, I opened my passport. I saw Trinidad and Tobago visa which I honorably declined that it wasn’t our agreement angrily I left the passport with him. I contacted an immigration officer at ikoyi passport office, that I needed a new passport. I explained the scenario to him, he advised that I need to do a lost case, which I said okay.
Now am ready to do the lost case process, but same immigration officer is telling me it’s going to cost me 120,000 naira for 10 years’ validity period. He said I need to get the following documents below;
Data Page of my passport
NIN
Court Affidavit
Police Report
Where I am confused now is; the DOB on my NIN is different from the one of my passport i.e the month and date are okay, it’s just the year alone. and if anyone has a vital information on how I can correct the DOB on my NIN, please help a brother.
Please my question is there any additional documents, I need to present at the immigration office because there is nothing like fast track. I remembered last year I paid the same immigration officer 130k for my sibling’s passport and it took almost 5-6 months before its out.
Please if there is any other information I need to know in terms of documentations and how I will go about doing it on my own kindly share it here as I may not be the only one in this kind of situation, thank you.

Go to the immigration office to enquire and save yourself unnecessary stress.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Gbagura: 3:38pm On Nov 23, 2022
Akano5:

Help a brother, I live in Ifo LGA, so I'm so confused on which Passport office I should choose, either Sagamu or Abeokuta.

I'm asking because I want to Diy, and I don't want any big issue concerning this stuff�
Abẹ́òkúta.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Gbagura: 3:47pm On Nov 23, 2022
I've told you not to pay for any FastTrack right now. There's nothing like that for now. Yes some centers do produce faster to others but if any immigration officer tell you there's one FastTrack somewhere, that's a big lie. You may capture ( on the day of biometric) faster to DIY and that's where your money ends but production is the same. Stop wasting money to some FastTrack shii or rather look for states with faster production time and go there.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Sikay19(m): 4:11pm On Nov 23, 2022
Gbagura:
I've told you not to pay for any FastTrack right now. There's nothing like that for now. Yes some centers do produce faster to others but if any immigration officer tell you there's one FastTrack somewhere, that's a big lie. You may capture ( on the day of biometric) faster to DIY and that's where your money ends but production is the same. Stop wasting money to some FastTrack shii or rather look for states with faster production time and go there.
There’s fast track. People who paid through agent collected their passports before any ko who did DIY. Such is the case of Oshogbo passport office. We are not for them yet.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Gbagura: 4:18pm On Nov 23, 2022
Sikay19:

There’s fast track. People who paid through agent collected their passports before any ko who did DIY. Such is the case of Oshogbo passport office. We are not for them yet.
How soon was it?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Sikay19(m): 4:40pm On Nov 23, 2022
Gbagura:
How soon was it?
A month after capturing. Unlike those who did capturing since August and are yet collect their passports.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Gbagura: 4:52pm On Nov 23, 2022
Sikay19:

A month after capturing. Unlike those who done capturing since August and are yet collect their passports.
Let me shock you. Abẹ́òkúta has been on overdrive to meet up before the year runs out. They are currently in September according to reliable source. They were in August just last week which means they will clear the backlog before the year runs out. Now tell me if someone capture this month and gets it next month, is that FastTrack too?

It was an immigration officer who asked me not to waste money. Some centers are faster like I said. If your passport is delaying, it could be as a result of internal issue which has nothing to do with DIY or FastTrack. Some applications have errors but they won't call you to come for correction until you go. I'm having same challenge too.

Stand to be corrected though.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Sikay19(m): 5:35pm On Nov 23, 2022
Gbagura:
Let me shock you. Abẹ́òkúta has been on overdrive to meet up before the year runs out. They are currently in September according to reliable source. They were in August just last week which means they will clear the backlog before the year runs out. Now tell me if someone capture this month and gets it next month, is that FastTrack too?

It was an immigration officer who asked me not to waste money. Some centers are faster like I said. If your passport is delaying, it could be as a result of internal issue which has nothing to do with DIY or FastTrack. Some applications have errors but they won't call you to come for correction until you go. I'm having same challenge too.

Stand to be corrected though.
Well, I think the cases are different at the passport offices. But I can tell you for certain that there’s unfair favoritism on those that went through agents against those that did DIY. There’s no justifiable explanation to scenarios where people who captured in October got their passports before those who captured in August.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by just2endowed: 6:32pm On Nov 23, 2022
gr8gem:

I would advise you to do birth attestation certificate from npc headquarter at surulere if in Lagos because it is accepted any where in the world should you have the intention of leaving Nigeria one day and more standard than age declaration.

NPC decree 1992 birth certificate is for people born in 1992 or after. Correct me if I am wrong
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by soulmate19: 7:01pm On Nov 23, 2022
Okay
Thanks

Gbagura:
Nope, your NIN will be requested with the other spouse. That's all.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ekitimanalways(m): 7:13pm On Nov 23, 2022
just2endowed:

NPC decree 1992 birth certificate is for people born in 1992 or after. Correct me if I am wrong
You're very right.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by microlincoln: 7:14pm On Nov 23, 2022
Sikay19:

Brother, I couldn’t notice that. Which other marker dothey use on those that paid through them ?
The either use black or blue for those their candidates . ... But for DIY Its red ink. For their mind they think one will not know or notice.

What stage is your application when tracked online? Mine is still pending at NIN validation

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by sihamey: 7:26pm On Nov 23, 2022
frakie:
Good day everyone

Data Page of my passport
NIN
Court Affidavit
Police Report

Why will you leave your passport with an agent ?? The agent might implicate you the more, he might give someone your passport to travel out and if the person commit crime you will suffer for it. You should have been smarter than the agent .

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) ... (829) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.