Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,814 members, 7,813,684 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:18 PM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (620) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1435032 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) ... (828) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Gbagura: 7:07am On Dec 27, 2022
omounique:

If your passport is out, pls let me know. I captured on the 10th of November
ok
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by omounique: 9:14pm On Dec 27, 2022
Gbagura:
ok

Thanks
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by YeyeBoyfriend: 3:46pm On Dec 28, 2022
Is there anyone here who captured on the 23rd of this month at Alausa NIS centre?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by tobijas001(m): 3:53pm On Dec 28, 2022
Idrismusty97:
No. I went on same day of capturing and opened a file. Within 3 hours i was done. Don't mind the crowd standing outside, just go straight inside to the receptionist by your right. Make sure you come with all the right documents including NPC birth certificate and your NIN match. I had issues with my NIN so i couldn't captured that day. I captured the next week after i have corrected my name in my NIN.

After modification of Name on NIN, how many days does it takes to reflect on the tracking portal, were you given the reflective slip before going for capturing, NIN center said Friday, was told to come on Thursday for capturing......
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by hollaleye: 9:29pm On Dec 28, 2022
Passport collected, captured Sept 28 in Ibadan DIY, but I had to use the influence of an officer to get it printed today, otherwise they told me it is still far.
Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ceocrownwale247: 10:09pm On Dec 28, 2022
Capture October 13
Issues date November 16
Collected today Dec 28
DIY Sagamu

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by neduboo(m): 10:41pm On Dec 28, 2022
Good evening everyone, please my Nigerian passport will expire on November 2023. I went to Nigeria Immigration office today to renew my passport (capture) and they refused my request on the ground that my passport must have less than 6 month validity before I can renew.

Please is this supposed to be so. I'm quite worried because I will need it to travel by September 2023. Won't it affect my visa application and stamping if I wait till May to apply for a renewal bearing it in mind that it takes months to get the renewed passport in Nigeria?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by aieromon(m): 11:02pm On Dec 28, 2022
neduboo:
Good evening everyone, please my Nigerian passport will expire on November 2023. I went to Nigeria Immigration office today to renew my passport (capture) and they refused my request on the ground that my passport must have less than 6 month validity before I can renew.

Please is this supposed to be so. I'm quite worried because I will need it to travel by September 2023. Won't it affect my visa application and stamping if I wait till May to apply for a renewal bearing it in mind that it takes months to get the renewed passport in Nigeria?

They are right.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ekitimanalways(m): 3:33am On Dec 29, 2022
neduboo:

Yes, your international passport must have less than 6 months validity before you can renew it.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by mayford: 4:36am On Dec 29, 2022
A QUICK ONE EVERYBODY

Only two Passport Offices in Nigeria have the machine that prints the new e-Passport with enhanced technology - Ikoyi and Abuja HQ.

The rest are using the regular passport technology which is one of the reasons why you get your passport produced very quickly in other centres like Sagamu. Those centers only issue the regular passport booklets.

In addition, the new e-Passport is more expensive at 25k (+1k for payment processing). In some centers, especially in the North, people pay 12k - 15k for passport. They only issue old booklets to them for that price.

To confirm you have the new e-Passport, the data page will be hard carbon fiber (like a plastic) with improved design and green in colour. The regular passport data page is flexible and can easily be damaged by water while the new e-Passport has water protection.

Apparently, it takes longer to produce the new e-Passport and so if you file at Ikoyi, you should expect delay up to 2 months or more, given the huge population of applicants as well.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Justbesure: 8:06am On Dec 29, 2022
mayford:
A QUICK ONE EVERYBODY

Only two Passport Offices in Nigeria have the machine that prints the new e-Passport with enhanced technology - Ikoyi and Abuja HQ.

The rest are using the regular passport technology which is one of the reasons why you get your passport produced very quickly in other centres like Sagamu. Those centers only issue the regular passport booklets.

In addition, the new e-Passport is more expensive at 25k (+1k for payment processing). In some centers, especially in the North, people pay 12k - 15k for passport. They only issue old booklets to them for that price.

To confirm you have the new e-Passport, the data page will be hard carbon fiber (like a plastic) with improved design and green in colour. The regular passport data page is flexible and can easily be damaged by water while the new e-Passport has water protection.

Apparently, it takes longer to produce the new e-Passport and so if you file at Ikoyi, you should expect delay up to 2 months or more, given the huge population of applicants as well.

Was this write up done is 2015? Why reposting it here when we have moved beyond this or it's just a reminder of where we are coming from?

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by SirKay3(m): 8:29am On Dec 29, 2022
mayford:
A QUICK ONE EVERYBODY

The new e-Passport is what Sagamu passport office is issuing. I can confirm that, as I got mine few days ago at Sagamu.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by realogk: 9:06am On Dec 29, 2022
hollaleye:
Passport collected, captured Sept 28 in Ibadan DIY, but I had to use the influence of an officer to get it printed today, otherwise they told me it is still far.
Thanks

I need this contact please , I need this for my bro.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by kelmicheal: 11:18am On Dec 29, 2022
mayford:
A QUICK ONE EVERYBODY

Lots of trashed in your post
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ekitimanalways(m): 11:25am On Dec 29, 2022
mayford:
A QUICK ONE EVERYBODY

Incorrect information.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Idrismusty97(m): 5:24pm On Dec 29, 2022
tobijas001:

After modification of Name on NIN, how many days does it takes to reflect on the tracking portal, were you given the reflective slip before going for capturing, NIN center said Friday, was told to come on Thursday for capturing......
Shouldn't be more than a week. The NIN center was close to the passport office, went on Tuesday and on Friday it was ready. It wouldn't immediately reflect on the tracking portal but when you proceed to capture it will match. First time it didn't match because of a mistake, that's why i had to change.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by tobijas001(m): 5:42pm On Dec 29, 2022
Idrismusty97:
Shouldn't be more than a week. The NIN center was close to the passport office, went on Tuesday and on Friday it was ready. It wouldn't immediately reflect on the tracking portal but when you proceed to capture it will match. First time it didn't match because of a mistake, that's why i had to change.
Thanks will go for capturing by January

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Creeknigga(m): 6:55pm On Dec 29, 2022
Any information on owerri NIS office?
Registered on 23rd, paid today, booked appointment for 11th of January, 2023.
And they have a lot of free days.
Booked 4th but when I saw the requirement I had to re-book to 11th to be sure I'll get the required documents before then.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Tastemoney(m): 8:05pm On Dec 29, 2022
desperatem:
Please house, How much is the cost of an international passport. I urgently need it. I went to the Alausa Passport office today, and when i was about entering into the compound, an immigration officer asked me weather i have an in-house person I plan to go and meet, I told him NO. So he said he can help me, he told me the passport cost 27k for people from 18 years old - 60. he also told me i will need a guarantor, proof of age, local government form or so, birth certificate and 3 passport photograph. he said i need to make the person via online instantly before the online payment portal closes again due to rainfall. I was skeptical and wanted to do some verification from people who have gotten a passport. so i told him i need to make withdrawal with my atm card. that was how i discharge. please peepz, gimme info and requirement for obtaining a nigeria passport. I dont trust those immigration people. thanks in anticipation
I wish to get my passport
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by olasco4real(m): 4:16am On Dec 30, 2022
hollaleye:
Thanks

How can you link me up with the officer that helped
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by phlakkeys(f): 8:08am On Dec 30, 2022
Please house I need a guide.
I've already booked appointment for January 9th but all the saved file got deleted mistakenly.
I wanted to reprint online now and have successfully gotten the application form and guarantor's form but I couldn't see where to print my old appointment. It is only asking me to book another appointment, and the earliest date now is in March.
Please all, how can I reprint my old appointment date?
NB:- Done
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by purity2all(m): 8:20am On Dec 30, 2022
YeyeBoyfriend:
Is there anyone here who captured on the 23rd of this month at Alausa NIS centre?

Good morning @ YeyeBoyfriend,

Before your capturing at Alausa, did you stamp your Guarantor form @ the immigration office or at the court?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Honestydoer: 8:39am On Dec 30, 2022
phlakkeys:
I've already booked appointment for January 9th but all the saved file got deleted mistakenly.
I wanted to reprint online now and have successfully gotten the application form and guarantor's form but I couldn't see where to print my old appointment. It is only asking me to book another appointment, and the earliest date now is in March.

It will be difficult due to the appointment tracking no

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by YeyeBoyfriend: 9:49am On Dec 30, 2022
I did renewal, so didn't need a guarantor form
purity2all:

Before your capturing at Alausa, did you stamp your Guarantor form @ the immigration office or at the court?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by KangaIye: 10:55am On Dec 30, 2022
Currently at the Osogbo passport office. Waiting to br call, will update the house as things unfolds.

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by tobijas001(m): 11:20am On Dec 30, 2022
phlakkeys:
Chose another date and print, your previous appointment date will reflect on the printed slip

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by tobijas001(m): 11:23am On Dec 30, 2022
Another with sagamu or Abeokuta immi officer contact should plz DM
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Sikay19(m): 12:01pm On Dec 30, 2022
KangaIye:
Currently at the Osogbo passport office. Waiting to br call, will update the house as things unfolds.
Do well to ask what month they are currently producing bro, thanks.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by mutombo(m): 12:27pm On Dec 30, 2022
purity2all:

If you're DIY, you will need to go to court. Ask of commissioner of oath desk. (please go with your Guarantor else it won't won't be signed)
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by azelab: 12:42pm On Dec 30, 2022
Please which one is acknowledgement form , please someone should assist me with a sample or explain how I can get it on my international passport page. Thanks.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by CROBBOY(m): 2:13pm On Dec 30, 2022
Greetings, people!

I want to begin processing my International passport that I'll likely use around February/March 2023 and I stay in Lagos, Island.

I have 3 questions:

1. Between visiting their office or processing it online (DIY), which is better? Is anyone more reliable or faster than the other?

2. Also, between Ikoyi, Alausa or Festac, where can I get it faster?

3. From the online review I did, I noticed a guarantor form will be needed but some of my friends say they didn't have to provide that during their time. Please how can I work around this?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by phlakkeys(f): 3:40pm On Dec 30, 2022
Honestydoer:

It will be difficult due to the appointment tracking no
Thank you for your reply.

tobijas001:

Chose another date and print, your previous appointment date will reflect on the printed slip

Thank you so much, I really appreciate this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) ... (828) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

Viewing this topic: Ojoboak(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.