Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:35 AM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (660) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1432241 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (657) (658) (659) (660) (661) (662) (663) ... (828) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by byMikee: 8:52pm On Feb 28, 2023
AJOBI77:
Thanks to everyone that has contributed on this thread. You are awesome. GOD will reward you all abundantly(Amen)

I captured today at ALAUSA.

Collection date on enrollment slip: 03/05/2023.

I guess they have backlog or is it because I am DIY?

I think May is far.

Strictly DIY

Good to hear. Mine is on Thursday, how many copies per each document did you go with?

And hope you had no trouble?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Levels2(f): 8:58pm On Feb 28, 2023
Samcleffzie:
Pls house
How long does NIN take to get verified
my mum want to renew her passport and she didn't have a NIN yet we are planning to go get the NIN done tomorrow and I want to know if is possible to get it done and verified in the space of a month

Haba

Just a week it will.

That's if you go to nin agent center
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Highlyfavoured3: 9:03pm On Feb 28, 2023
Good evening house, please what are the requirements for the renewal of a minor's passport?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by faceLAGOS: 10:37pm On Feb 28, 2023
lilachiever:

Alausa?

Ikoyi
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by faceLAGOS: 10:37pm On Feb 28, 2023
Luchicruz:

Please was it DIY?

No.

Paid my way through as a first timer.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by HajiaRai: 10:43pm On Feb 28, 2023
Biometrics capture at Festac office today for renewal.

It was a fantastic experience. The officers were very professional and we were done with everything in about 1 hour.

We were given a pick up date of March 3. Application was DIY all the way.

Many thanks to everyone who has given helpful information on this thread.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Samcleffzie(m): 10:50pm On Feb 28, 2023
Levels2:

Haba

Just a week it will.

That's if you go to nin agent center
Okay thanks
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by AJOBI77(m): 3:45am On Mar 01, 2023
byMikee:

Good to hear. Mine is on Thursday, how many copies per each document did you go with?

And hope you had no trouble?

Just a copy each.

Hints: Pls get there on time. I got there by 7am(my capture time was 9am). As at that 7am, there were lots of people already; long queue.

No matter how hardened the officers faces are, summon courage to inform them that you did yours online because they normally create a separate queue for online applicants and you may not see your name on the list pasted on their board for capturing (note: they may change their schedule).

Ensure all your photocopies are complete and your originals are with you too. Your documents will be checked.

You will go for interview and subsequent capturing.

Although, there were some delays due to slotting people in for capturing by the officers but over all , I can say ALAUSA is DIY friendly.

Nobody disturbed me, it was a seamless process, no logistics fee requested from me. Just follow instructions and get there on time.

I hope this helps.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by byMikee: 4:46am On Mar 01, 2023
AJOBI77:

Just a copy each.

Hints: Pls get there on time. I got there by 7am(my capture time was 9am). As at that 7am, there were lots of people already; long queue.

No matter how hardened the officers faces are, summon courage to inform them that you did yours online because they normally create a separate queue for online applicants and you may not see your name on the list pasted on their board for capturing (note: they may change their schedule).

Ensure all your photocopies are complete and your originals are with you too. Your documents will be checked.

You will go for interview and subsequent capturing.

Although, there were some delays due to slotting people in for capturing by the officers but over all , I can say ALAUSA is DIY friendly.

Nobody disturbed me, it was a seamless process, no logistics fee requested from me. Just follow instructions and get there on time.

I hope this helps.

A lot. Thanks
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Zbk001: 11:04am On Mar 01, 2023
Good afternoon all, pls what are the necessary documents for new passport, procedures required and the cost. Will appreciate if u guide me with any link where the above was discussed
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by kekemeke2000: 12:26pm On Mar 01, 2023
Pls I want to tell folks from lagos to avoid abeokuta center for now due to overcrowding issues.
Centers within lagos might be your best bet.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by smartcherry: 2:25pm On Mar 01, 2023
Please house, I want to renew my passport and get it in a few days, that's express. How possible is that and what is the cost?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Feranchek(m): 4:08pm On Mar 01, 2023
ekitimanalways:

NIS states 6 months...

Bro good afternoon. I have taken my time to see how much help you have been rendering here.

I need your help. My passport application story is quite long.

Do I send you a DM or narrate everything here??

Anticipating your response.

Kind Regards
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ekitimanalways(m): 4:19pm On Mar 01, 2023
Feranchek:

Bro good afternoon. I have taken my time to see how much help you have been rendering here.

I need your help. My passport application story is quite long.

Do I send you a DM or narrate everything here??
Anticipating your response.

Kind Regards

Please narrate everything here. Let's all find solution(s) together to your issue(s.) Thanks.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Chitv(f): 5:49pm On Mar 01, 2023
bumitek02:
you don't need any document to obtain passport, just walk to any immigration office and tell any officer you wana do passport you will give then 2 copies of passport and your cash dats all if you are in lagos go to 3rd avenue festac

Is it Only In Lagos that they Have the Office?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Feranchek(m): 6:05pm On Mar 01, 2023
ekitimanalways:

Please narrate everything here. Let's all find solution(s) together to your issue(s.) Thanks.

Thanks.

My passport application will officially be one year in a week's time.

I actually passed through the backdoor to get the passport. It was my first time and I was naive. My elder sister actually connected me to the Hausa guy there in Ikoyi.

When I got there I called him but he said he was not around but I should discuss with his boy. He asked his boy to come meet me at the waiting room and when he did, he told me everything involved. He said I'll pay a one-time fee of N47,000. I asked him if I'll be paying any other fee or charge and he said no.

His colleague, after I have paid, asked me to go capture my photo (he paid). Then I waited, and after some hours, he came with my application page photocopy and guarantor's form (already filled). On the application page, my capture date was May. I went back home, and on the said date, I came in for capturing. Lo and behold, his colleague said they misplaced my file. I was mad! But he pleaded and assured me that these things do happen and I should please not be too angry with him. He did another application and a new appointment date was scheduled for me. On the said date in July 2022 - Salah day precisely, I couldn't go but when 3 days later. After waiting for hours, I was eventually captured and a 7 digit Enrollment number was given to me. At the back of the paper where they wrote the enrollment number, NWA was written on it.

I called numerous times to know if my passport was available for collection but he told me that there was no paper for now. Then in December, he said my passport was now available and I should go to Ikoyi to get it.

I got there, dropped my enrollment number as requested, and sat for my turn. But to my surprise, 15 mins later, I was called to the office. The lady handed a small note to me with the inscription NRF. I asked her what it means and she said NO RECORD FOUND. Ah!!!!

I called him and he said I should call his colleague. His colleague said I should not be worried. He brought a form for me to fill and from the title, it wasn't a fresh application. I think it was like a verification form.

Earlier this year in January, I spoke to the colleague and he told me that if I really need my passport urgently, then I will need to pay a FASTRACK fee of N20,000. I called my agent and he asked me not to pay that he'll soon be in Lagos. But since he came to Lagos, nothing has changed. In fact, just last week, he said if I have the money for fast tracking, I should pay it.

3 days ago, I stumbled on the immigration website. There I clicked on CHECK APPLICATION STATUS. After inputing my details, lo and behold, all the 5 stages of the application process were PENDING!!! (including payment!!!) To be sure the website was not misbehaving, I inputed my girlfriend's details and all her steps were CHECKED except collection. But when I clicked on CHECKED PAYMENT STATUS/PRINT RECEIPT everything was OK.

I tried applying again but has issues with payment. The next day I called my agent and told him everything. He said I should not be worried. He even admonished me for trying to apply again, saying I would not only waste my money (as the fee is nonrefundable), but I will also risk the danger of double application.

Now sir, my questions are:

What do you think could be the problem here?

Will you advice I pay the fast track fee of 20k?

What is the meaning of the NWA that was written at the back of the paper where my enrollment number was written?

Sincere apologies for the long epistle.

Kind Regards sir.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Yhemitz: 6:18pm On Mar 01, 2023
Please guys, which month are they in IBADAN centre now.
Captured since December 09
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Brooke60(f): 9:20pm On Mar 01, 2023
ekitimanalways:

Tell her to go to Ondo State Liaison Office at 29e Remi Fani-Kayode Avenue, Ikeja GRA, Lagos. She will be issued Ondo State certificate of origin there. She should go with 1 or 2 passport photograph(s). The cost of the certificate would be between 2500 Naira and 5000 Naira.
Hi, please what about Lagos state of origin? Where precisely in Alausa? Thank you in advance
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Brooke60(f): 9:29pm On Mar 01, 2023
abbeywasc:

They requested guarantors form for my son at Sagamu. I captured 3 weeks ago.

It wasnt listed as part of the required docs from the appointment slip

Might differ at other centres
Hello, can you help with the steps you took please?

I want to get my 3 months old baby's passport too. Thank you
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by EmperorZikky(m): 10:04pm On Mar 01, 2023
Please guys, which month are they in Ikoyi centre now. I captured January 13th
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ekitimanalways(m): 10:04am On Mar 02, 2023
Brooke60:
Hi, please what about Lagos state of origin? Where precisely in Alausa? Thank you in advance

Go to your Local Government Area Council with 2 recent passport photos. The cost of processing Lagos State Certificate of Origin is 2,500 Naira. Lagos State Certificate of Origin can be verified whether it's fake or authentic. Therefore, you must not patronize anyone hanging around the Local Government office.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ekitimanalways(m): 10:05am On Mar 02, 2023
Feranchek:

Thanks.

My passport application will officially be one year in a week's time.

I actually passed through the backdoor to get the passport. It was my first time and I was naive. My elder sister actually connected me to the Hausa guy there in Ikoyi.

When I got there I called him but he said he was not around but I should discuss with his boy. He asked his boy to come meet me at the waiting room and when he did, he told me everything involved. He said I'll pay a one-time fee of N47,000. I asked him if I'll be paying any other fee or charge and he said no.

His colleague, after I have paid, asked me to go capture my photo (he paid). Then I waited, and after some hours, he came with my application page photocopy and guarantor's form (already filled). On the application page, my capture date was May. I went back home, and on the said date, I came in for capturing. Lo and behold, his colleague said they misplaced my file. I was mad! But he pleaded and assured me that these things do happen and I should please not be too angry with him. He did another application and a new appointment date was scheduled for me. On the said date in July 2022 - Salah day precisely, I couldn't go but when 3 days later. After waiting for hours, I was eventually captured and a 7 digit Enrollment number was given to me. At the back of the paper where they wrote the enrollment number, NWA was written on it.

I called numerous times to know if my passport was available for collection but he told me that there was no paper for now. Then in December, he said my passport was now available and I should go to Ikoyi to get it.

I got there, dropped my enrollment number as requested, and sat for my turn. But to my surprise, 15 mins later, I was called to the office. The lady handed a small note to me with the inscription NRF. I asked her what it means and she said NO RECORD FOUND. Ah!!!!

I called him and he said I should call his colleague. His colleague said I should not be worried. He brought a form for me to fill and from the title, it wasn't a fresh application. I think it was like a verification form.

Earlier this year in January, I spoke to the colleague and he told me that if I really need my passport urgently, then I will need to pay a FASTRACK fee of N20,000. I called my agent and he asked me not to pay that he'll soon be in Lagos. But since he came to Lagos, nothing has changed. In fact, just last week, he said if I have the money for fast tracking, I should pay it.

3 days ago, I stumbled on the immigration website. There I clicked on CHECK APPLICATION STATUS. After inputing my details, lo and behold, all the 5 stages of the application process were PENDING!!! (including payment!!!) To be sure the website was not misbehaving, I inputed my girlfriend's details and all her steps were CHECKED except collection. But when I clicked on CHECKED PAYMENT STATUS/PRINT RECEIPT everything was OK.

I tried applying again but has issues with payment. The next day I called my agent and told him everything. He said I should not be worried. He even admonished me for trying to apply again, saying I would not only waste my money (as the fee is nonrefundable), but I will also risk the danger of double application.

Now sir, my questions are:

What do you think could be the problem here?

Will you advice I pay the fast track fee of 20k?

What is the meaning of the NWA that was written at the back of the paper where my enrollment number was written?

Sincere apologies for the long epistle.

Kind Regards sir.
I have forwarded your complaints to NIS via email. We should expect a response soon.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Brooke60(f): 10:26am On Mar 02, 2023
ekitimanalways:

Go to your Local Government Area Council with 2 recent passport photos. The cost of processing Lagos State Certificate of Origin is 25,000 Naira. Lagos State Certificate of Origin can be verified whether it's fake or authentic. Therefore, you must not patronize anyone hanging around the Local Government office.
25k abi 2,500
Please I want to be sure oo. I am on my way like this
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by zenti99(m): 10:36am On Mar 02, 2023
Good day house. Pls I need to if I need to do international passport of my child who is 6 months and would accompany his mum who is going via a student visa route. I want to the requirements for the kid.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Artery: 10:41am On Mar 02, 2023
Good day, people. Please, does the last item in the screenshot have to be ticked before I go for the passport? I applied via DIY & captured on November 7 last year at Festac office, Lagos.

1 Share

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ekitimanalways(m): 11:05am On Mar 02, 2023
Brooke60:
25k abi 2,500
I meant to type 2,500 Naira.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ekitimanalways(m): 11:10am On Mar 02, 2023
Brooke60:
25k abi 2,500
2,500 Naira.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Zbk001: 11:30am On Mar 02, 2023
Good day all, pls I need list of documents for Passport, really in need of the required documents
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Brooke60(f): 1:08pm On Mar 02, 2023
ekitimanalways:

I meant to type 2,500 Naira.
lol... you scared me small. Thank you
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Emeraldfynest(m): 1:08pm On Mar 02, 2023
Good afternoon guys, I finally got a guarantor to sign and got a photocopy of the passport's data page but I forgot about the Driver's License, is that single document enough to present for my capturing? Then is it compulsory that my two passports are signed at the back by the guarantor?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ekitimanalways(m): 2:14pm On Mar 02, 2023
Emeraldfynest:
Good afternoon guys, I finally got a guarantor to sign and got a photocopy of the passport's data page but I forgot about the Driver's License, is that single document enough to present for my capturing? Then is it compulsory that my two passports are signed at the back by the guarantor?
Please attach a copy of your guarantor's NIN slip to a copy of the data page of the guarantor's international passport.
It is not compulsory that your two passport photographs are signed at the back by the guarantor.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Zita86: 2:20pm On Mar 02, 2023
constild:

Print all copies of the documents gotten from the NIS online platform;

Payment slip
Application page
Appointment slip.
Make 2 copies each of the above documents and take along 2 passport photographs.
Photocopy of NIN slip

Handwritten letter on a plain A4 for passport renewal to:
Passport Control Officer,
Nigerian Immigration Service,
Passport Office,
alausa-Ikeja,
Lagos.
Nigeria.

You will also need to fill a handwritten application form when you get there, you have to buy from the business center N300 (a 3 paged form containing details like your online form)

Photocopy of your Old passport data page and inner back page. Go along with the passport also for sighting by the officers.

Finally make sure you get there very early so that your file can be opened and queued in time for capturing.

GOOD LUCK.

Can someone cancel a passport application? I couldn't capture in January this year due to NIN. I've tried modifying my last name on my NIN last name disparity (I enrolled when I was single) since November last year even at their office yet all efforts are futile. So I'm thinking of cancelling my application and applying afresh with my maiden name but I don't know if it is possible. Does anyone have an idea? (It is a fresh passport)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (657) (658) (659) (660) (661) (662) (663) ... (828) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.