Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,711 members, 7,809,697 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:26 PM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1431773 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (828) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Udochee(m): 8:20am On Nov 12, 2018
Gavrelino123:

Which of the passport office is most efficient amd faster,FESTAC or IKOYI..?

I have no idea bro/sis.
just go through the thread you may come across someone
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by VolvoS60(m): 10:12am On Nov 12, 2018
chygoz3:

When you tell someone the way out the extortion and they rebuke it without even attempting anything, you leave the person alone. I have mentioned several times on the thread how effective the twitter handle was but they kept doubting it.

^^^^
Good job you are doing on this thread by letting people know that they have options and do not have to accept shoddy treatment.

I went through the entire process online (like I always do) and I was given an interview appointment date on my passport e-application form. I will be going for my appointment in a couple of days. I am assuming you were also given an interview date on your application and you went along with your documents (photos, passport payment acknowledgement slip, application form etc.) on your interview date? I do not intend to go to that place more than once before collection of the passport.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by chygoz3(m): 10:30am On Nov 12, 2018
VolvoS60:

^^^^
Good job you are doing on this thread by letting people know that they have options and do not have to accept shoddy treatment.

I went through the entire process online (like I always do) and I was given an interview appointment date on my passport e-application form. I will be going for my appointment in a couple of days. I am assuming you were also given an interview date on your application and you went along with your documents (photos, passport payment acknowledgement slip, application form etc.) on your interview date? I do not intend to go to that place more than once before collection of the passport.

Yes i did. I only visited the office twice: one on the date of interview and then when i went for collection.
What i advise you to do is to note the name of officer that may want to ask any money from you if you encounter such. While at the office, be prepared to tweet to their handle if you encounter any challenges. I have read about incidences with the Alausa office whereby people who paid online are asked to come back at a later date for capturing. If you are told something similar, make it known immediately to the twitter handle.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by VolvoS60(m): 2:31pm On Nov 12, 2018
chygoz3:

Yes i did. I only visited the office twice: one on the date of interview and then when i went for collection.
What i advise you to do is to note the name of officer that may want to ask any money from you if you encounter such. While at the office, be prepared to tweet to their handle if you encounter any challenges. I have read about incidences with the Alausa office whereby people who paid online are asked to come back at a later date for capturing. If you are told something similar, make it known immediately to the twitter handle.

^^^
Many thanks. I will update after my interview.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ballow5(m): 7:23am On Nov 14, 2018
chygoz3:

But I wI'll advice yu never to made mention of anything called twitter while inside the office....I will still share my experience at Alausa's office

It was a funny but useless one
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by chygoz3(m): 8:44am On Nov 14, 2018
ballow5:

But I wI'll advice yu never to made mention of anything called twitter while inside the office....I will still share my experience at Alausa's office

It was a funny but useless one
LOL. I'm looking forward to reading your experience.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nairaboi(m): 12:37pm On Nov 14, 2018
prittygift114:

Hi guys..please a friend lost her passport days back..can she just walk in to any immigration office and get another passport booklet or must she go to their headquarters in Abuja?
She will have to visit the headquarters at Abuja, its also advisable she obtains a police report, and court affidavit and both should contain the lost passport's number
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by prittygift114: 7:40am On Nov 15, 2018
Nairaboi:

She will have to visit the headquarters at Abuja, its also advisable she obtains a police report, and court affidavit and both should contain the lost passport's number

Ok thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by tomimy1: 2:25pm On Nov 15, 2018
please how do i get local government letter of identification? i'm from IMO State
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by fuwatayo(m): 4:14pm On Nov 15, 2018
U guys on nairaland are too much. Providing answers to most questions u might want to ask. I just want to apply for the passport. How many years does it carry now? Cos I saw it sometimes ago that its 10 years. Secondly, how much is it?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by TFLASHOGEE(m): 6:08pm On Nov 15, 2018
tomimy1:
please how do i get local government letter of identification? i'm from IMO State
you can get it at the passport office or check on Google for IMO state liaison office in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ballow5(m): 6:55pm On Nov 15, 2018
So guys pls do not go there and misbehave...just corporate with the officials and yu will have a smooth and successful registration

Peace out
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by chygoz3(m): 7:05pm On Nov 15, 2018
ballow5:
Yeah here comes my experience at the IKEJA ALAUSA OFFICE
My interview was scheduled to hold on the 12th of Nov, I was prepared for any nonsense that might comes my way but fortunately there was no problem not until when I mentioned the word "twitter" to their hearing.

Me: good morning
Officer: replied

Me: I am here for my interview which is scheduled to hold here today sir
Officer: did yu pay online?

Me: yes sir I did
Officer: oya goan get a file and arrange yur documents orderly

Me: okay sir

After some few minutes....when I was done with the said instructions

Me: I am done with it sir, what next sir
Officer: oga abeg no rush me ooo...no be me talk say make yu do online payment's

Me: sorry sir, what next?
Officer: collected the file, where is the original certificate of yur state of origin

Me: I'm not with it sir.....bcoz it is far from me but I have it scanned on my fone

Me trying to show him on my phone and he cut me short and said "I don't know if dey will approve it ooo"

Officer: oga com back for your capturing
Me: when sir

Officer: I will call yu
Me: (inside my mind I knew where he was driving to) oga I will give yu 1k to help me get it approved

NB: I offered him the 1k bcoz I was not with my original certificate of origin for sightseeing

Officer: collected my file and left for few minutes.
Oga come next week for capturing

Me: but I was told that I can have my capturing today via TWITTER
Officer: started ranting.....oga do yu want to report me?

Me: if I wanted to....I would have.....is that not yur name on yur badge? (And my phone rang which I picked)
Officer: yes it is my name....do whatever yu want to do

Me: I am not fighting yu....am i?
Officer: rant further (showing a little sign of being scared or something)

He left the servicom unit and started entering different offices to report......that one of those people that use to report them to Abuja is around and that I just a received a call from them...my file was dumped for hours

Me: I started moving from one office to another to know the stage at which my file is......to my surprise it had not even passed the first stage......Now I knew there was a problem bcoz by now the time is about 3:50pm.

I tried my best to know what was the reason behind the delayed in my file and no one at all even looked at me once not to talk of twice

NB: they were all busy with the people that paid 28k at the office and many of these people met me there

Latter bcoz I refused to quit I was told to come the following day b4 9am bcoz they have closed for that day which is on Monday

Day 2
I got there few minutes after 9am
I went straight to the office where they vet and approved files but to my surprise the case had gone viral beyond my imagination in fact they were expecting me and they already had plans

OfficerB: replied

Me: I narrated my story of what happened the previous day and why I was told to come early today for capturing
OfficerC: come with me

Me and about 3 officers left for a particular office.....and on getting there THE REAL DRAMA began

OfficerB: oga na the criminal be this
OfficerA: the one we told yu about sir
Me: (I was surprised)....oga I am not a criminal ooo! And I explained what happened.

Oga: shut up!!!
Who are you?

Me: I explained.

Oga: where is your ID card?
Me: I am a corper......I redeployed.....so no ID card yet

Oga: yu are an imposter
Me: how sir?

Oga: so you have the guts to be questioning me and he called on the PRO
The PRO entered (making about 5 officers against only me)

Write the NYSC office about this criminal man and his misconduct....... (he asked ).....where is that hard drugs yu caught on him (the other officer replied with it)
Now I was fully aware of what's going on

I tried removing my phone from my pocket....they rushed me and seized my phone (another story again)

Please guys I will continue later....the story is ain't funny oooo
This is some serious story. See accusation o.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by tomimy1: 7:20am On Nov 16, 2018
ok. thank you. do i have to pay for it at the passport office?
TFLASHOGEE:
you can get it at the passport office or check on Google for IMO state liaison office in Lagos
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Okikiano(m): 2:02pm On Nov 20, 2018
I need help guys

My passport will due for renew soon, What's the online address I can use to renew my passport ?

I'll be so Happy if someone can put me through
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by PassionateSoul(m): 8:00pm On Nov 20, 2018
ballow5:
My interview was scheduled to hold on the 12th of Nov, I was prepared for any nonsense that might comes my way but fortunately there was no problem not until when I mentioned the word "twitter" to their hearing.

Officer: oga abeg no rush me ooo...no be me talk say make yu do online payment's

Officer: collected the file, where is the original certificate of yur state of origin

Me: I'm not with it sir.....bcoz it is far from me but I have it scanned on my fone

Me trying to show him on my phone and he cut me short and said "I don't know if dey will approve it ooo"

Me: (inside my mind I knew where he was driving to) oga I will give yu 1k to help me get it approved

NB: I offered him the 1k bcoz I was not with my original certificate of origin for sightseeing

Me: if I wanted to....I would have.....is that not yur name on yur badge? (And my phone rang which I picked)

He left the servicom unit and started entering different offices to report......that one of those people that use to report them to Abuja is around and that I just a received a call from them...my file was dumped for hours

Me: I started moving from one office to another to know the stage at which my file is......to my surprise it had not even passed the first stage......Now I knew there was a problem bcoz by now the time is about 3:50pm.

I tried my best to know what was the reason behind the delayed in my file and no one at all even looked at me once not to talk of twice

NB: they were all busy with the people that paid 28k at the office and many of these people met me there

Latter bcoz I refused to quit I was told to come the following day b4 9am bcoz they have closed for that day which is on Monday

Day 2
I went straight to the office where they vet and approved files but to my surprise the case had gone viral beyond my imagination in fact they were expecting me and they already had plans

Me: I narrated my story of what happened the previous day and why I was told to come early today for capturing

Me and about 3 officers left for a particular office.....and on getting there THE REAL DRAMA began

Me: (I was surprised)....oga I am not a criminal ooo! And I explained what happened.

Who are you?

Write the NYSC office about this criminal man and his misconduct....... (he asked ).....where is that hard drugs yu caught on him (the other officer replied with it)

I tried removing my phone from my pocket....they rushed me and seized my phone (another story again)

Abeg come and finish the story... You got me hooked I no fit sleep if I no finish this story mhen
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by liljboy10: 9:29pm On Nov 20, 2018
Please I want to ask if they call your guarantor to verify before issuing the passport. Because I am not really familiar with my guarantor and the officer in charge of my application just told me they called the guarantor and they couldn't verify my guararator was legit.I was told to pay 7k so they can help me process it like that.I did pay but I hope he didn't scam me.. Was supposed to go pick up the passport tomorrow
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by bujebudanu1(m): 10:16pm On Nov 20, 2018
liljboy10:
Please I want to ask if they call your guarantor to verify before issuing the passport. Because I am not really familiar with my guarantor and the officer in charge of my application just told me they called the guarantor and they couldn't verify my guararator was legit.I was told to pay 7k so they can help me process it like that.I did pay but I hope he didn't scam me.. Was supposed to go pick up the passport tomorrow

Scam scam grin

They don't call shit.he used that format on you but the most important thing is your passport is ready

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by liljboy10: 10:31pm On Nov 20, 2018
Nawa
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by fummylolah: 4:12pm On Nov 28, 2018
PLEASE THIS IS VERY URGENT... My husband went to capture on the 13th of November at Ikeja passport office and was given a slip to come back on the 20th of November for pick up. It was not ready on the said date. He later visited today and was told it would be ready in February. He needs this passport very urgently and can't wait till then. I have sent a message to their handle on twitter but no response. please help what next can I do pleaseeee
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by fummylolah: 3:41pm On Nov 29, 2018
fummylolah:
PLEASE THIS IS VERY URGENT... My husband went to capture on the 13th of November at Ikeja passport office and was given a slip to come back on the 20th of November for pick up. It was not ready on the said date. He later visited today and was told it would be ready in February. He needs this passport very urgently and can't wait till then. I have sent a message to their handle on twitter but no response. please help what next can I do pleaseeee

I reported the matter to the twitter account and within 3hrs I was attended to. I was asked to go see the Passport control officer who immediately started to process the passport. I was asked to pick it up on Tuesday next week.

Thanks for your guidance all

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by suco01(m): 12:01am On Nov 30, 2018
ballow5:

Day 2

Who are you?

pls come and finish this story

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by suyamasta(m): 8:16am On Nov 30, 2018
ballow5:

Day 2

Who are you?

for this then Twitter it deserves na...
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by suyamasta(m): 8:22am On Nov 30, 2018
suyamasta:
for this then Twitter it deserves na...
Infact a good lawyer will do justice to that, imagine officers engaging in mob action like gangsters.... Diaaa fadaaaa
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by divads(m): 9:39am On Nov 30, 2018
pls for the guarantor letter.. is it compulsory that my guarantor must have an international passport. what if he has just national ID ?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by bujebudanu1(m): 11:41am On Nov 30, 2018
divads:
pls for the guarantor letter.. is it compulsory that my guarantor must have an international passport. what if he has just national ID ?

Yes.very necessary to have.
Passport is compulsory
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by eceemon(m): 4:45pm On Nov 30, 2018
liljboy10:

Hi pls.. How long does it take for u to get your passport plus did you apply online?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 10:42am On Dec 01, 2018
Phargbemmy:
@Chygoz3 nice piece.

Please I want to process same PP for my three children and my wife plus my girlfriend, please I hope I can do all for them online. Plus the certificate of origin, is it from the local government of origin or local government of residence.

Please I need more education on this so that I can start the processing tomorrow.

Thanks as I await your contributions

baba oo

ur wife
and girlfriend

twale

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Phargbemmy(m): 10:37pm On Dec 03, 2018
Emzyme:

baba oo
ur wife and girlfriend
twale
its an error
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Phargbemmy(m): 10:38pm On Dec 03, 2018
Emzyme:

baba oo
ur wife and girlfriend
twale
its an error
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by hallibay: 12:28pm On Dec 04, 2018
Hello house,
I have just paid online for int passport via innovative1pay thru GTB. I did not get an interview date on thier website printout.

Please am I to wait for a date, Check online or proceed to thier ikeja office (chosen location) for submission of documents?

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (828) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.