Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,282 members, 7,815,478 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (699) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1436772 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (696) (697) (698) (699) (700) (701) (702) ... (829) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by nnekaike(f): 11:57pm On May 02, 2023
slimim101:

Good evening house like I've said earlier today is my appointment day and that of my family. I would like to share my experience.

1. Firstly, when READY FOR ENROLLMENT is not checked or marked in your tracking online, just know that theres an issue or some datas in your NIN doesn't correspond with your application (this is applicable to renewal and fresher)

2. Notary is not allowed. I Repeat NOTARY stamp is not allowed, they'll send you back no matter your money. They removed all guarantors form from my children, it was only my wife they used guarantors form for and I have to go to high court at GRA in Ikeja, lo and behold it was my area brother that's in charge. They've closed at 3pm and I got there 15 minutes to 4pm but because of my relationship with him, he eventually signed and stamp my guarantors form. The original guarantors form must have a Lagos state seal with a sliver shining woman holding sword and scale and if you tilt it, it will show the map of Nigeria). Two receipts will be issued to you in sum of #250 each making #500 for singing and stamping of guarantors form.

3. DIY should be prepared to be get delayed. They'll frustrate your life I swear. When we got there this morning and the ask us to check list and look for our names, none of our names was there, my wife, me and two kids. When I converse with an officer in charge he said I should go upstairs since he knows I'm a DIY.

Please don't ever make the mistake of going up and sit. My dear brothers and sisters, you'll sit til eternity, just try and find your way to enter the main hall downstairs and join the que.

4. My wife was frustrated, I told her, even if it is 8pm they answered us here, what I know is that I must achieve my aim today as I can't come again with 3 months old baby and 2 and half years kid. I waited till 6pm and everyone has already left the hall since we don't have money to buy our way out. After lobbying and persuading some staffs, a woman eventually showed us mercy and said I should come, she did the needful and ask me to go to room 16. The man there said they've closed and he send me to room 12 which is opposite room 16, the woman didn't want to attend to us. Eventually, the man who directed us to room 12 showed up and said we should come to room 16 which is for kids registration, assisted by another man.

One ask for mine which is renewal, he vetted but BOOM, there's an issue with my NIN (The names on my NIN doesn't correspond with my registration) and the person in charge of NIN has closed for the day. But to cut the story short, my wife's registration and that of my children was successfully done and collection date is July 5, all this without paying a dime but I see shege and hell.

However, I've been asked to come tomorrow for rectification of NIN issue but I'll make sure I have something with me just to show gratitude so that I won't experience what I saw today tomorrow and so that I can have my own capturing done tomorrow.

To all those giving us information here I say thank you so much and God bless you all.

We got home exactly 9:30PM.
Wow since morning, extremely stressful, especially for your kids, sorry about the whole stress.

This country ehen, thanks for sharing.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by lightdream: 1:22am On May 03, 2023
Hello House. Pls can I act as a guarantor for my wife passport renewal or is it not required? Her capturing is this month at Alimosho.DIY gang.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Ellupee75: 5:41am On May 03, 2023
byMikee:

What's your collection date?

Today is my collection date, but I want to give them 2 weeks buffer.

There is a collection date?

I didn't look at that print out!!!
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by slimim101(m): 6:09am On May 03, 2023
lightdream:
Hello House. Pls can I act as a guarantor for my wife passport renewal or is it not required? Her capturing is this month at Alimosho.DIY gang.

Is nor required. Renewal doesn't need a guarantor.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by byMikee: 6:52am On May 03, 2023
Ellupee75:

There is a collection date?

I didn't look at that print out!!!

Yeah. Check the printout.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ekitimanalways(m): 7:42am On May 03, 2023
lightdream:
Passport renewal does not require a guarantor.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Emeraldfynest(m): 10:16am On May 03, 2023
I just came back from Ibadan Office and honestly, it's frustrating. Got there around 6:20 am and I was the 2nd person but they didn't even use any list whatsoever.

An officer came to address us and asked those who paid online to go to a separate office, all my documents were collected, I was asked to fill a long form which annoyingly contains all the exact information I already gave online.
I was also asked to write a letter to their head and attached my passport.

After all these, a file was opened for me and I was asked to come back on Monday for capturing.
Some other people were called in for capturing without asking if they paid online, I'm not sure if they already came earlier to open a file though.

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by jurhnsyn: 11:44am On May 03, 2023
Emeraldfynest:
I just came back from Ibadan Office and honestly, it's frustrating. Got there around 6:20 am and I was the 2nd person but they didn't even use any list whatsoever.

An officer came to address us and asked those who paid online to go to a separate office, all my documents were collected, I was asked to fill a long form which annoyingly contains all the exact information I already gave online.

After all these, a file was opened for me and I was asked to come back on Monday for capturing.
Some other people were called in for capturing without asking if they paid online, I'm not sure if they already came earlier to open a file though.
Don't wait till Monday. Go there tomorrow. I started mine yesterday, I was asked to come back next Thursday but I decided to come today. I am there now. I have collected my file from the front office and it is currently at the NIN verification office. I'm still waiting.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by walexsho(m): 11:45am On May 03, 2023
I was single at the time I did my NIN and Expired passport Enrollment...
now, I'm married... my NIN details still state I'm single hope there won't be an issue with NIN VALIDATION if I choose Marital status as married during renewal
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ekitimanalways(m): 11:53am On May 03, 2023
walexsho:
I was single at the time I did my NIN and Expired passport Enrollment...
now, I'm married... my NIN details still state I'm single hope there won't be an issue with NIN VALIDATION if I choose Marital status as married during renewal
Please change or correct your marital status before applying because disparity between the data you provide on your passport application form and NIN will result to NIN error.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by yesloaded: 12:37pm On May 03, 2023
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by yesloaded: 12:54pm On May 03, 2023
Emeraldfynest:

This is the same procedure for every online applicants in Ibadan

I can assure you that capturing is sure for you next week

Just arrive as early as possible

I thought you were still around sef grin

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Emeraldfynest(m): 1:02pm On May 03, 2023
Yes, I even had to go and meet one of the officers outside to confirm if that's right, and she said it's fine that I should just come on Monday.

I didn't stay around, I left immediately after my file was submitted.
yesloaded:

This is the same procedure for every online applicants in Ibadan

I can assure you that capturing is sure for you next week

Just arrive as early as possible

I thought you were still around sef grin

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Emeraldfynest(m): 1:15pm On May 03, 2023
Oh wow, did you apply online as well? But what made you decide to go today instead of.next week? My file was the first on today's list of.online applicants in that front office. I don't know if I'll be able to capture tomorrow. Maybe I should wait till Friday right?
jurhnsyn:
Don't wait till Monday. Go there tomorrow. I started mine yesterday, I was asked to come back next Thursday but I decided to come today. I am there now. I have collected my file from the front office and it is currently at the NIN verification office. I'm still waiting.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by jurhnsyn: 1:50pm On May 03, 2023
Emeraldfynest:
Oh wow, did you apply online as well? But what made you decide to go today instead of.next week? My file was the first on today's list of.online applicants in that front office. I don't know if I'll be able to capture tomorrow. Maybe I should wait till Friday right?
Yes I did online. I had already taken two days leave from work because of it. Today would have been a waste if I'm not able to make any tangible progress. So I decided to come again instead of letting the day waste. By the time I got to the front office around 10am, my file was ready for the next stage. Meaning they've even worked on it since that yesterday that I submitted. I'm sure yours too will be ready today. So if you can go early tomorrow and get to the verification stage by afternoon, you may be able to capture tomorrow. Please note that this is my personal experience. You can also decide to wait till Friday

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Emeraldfynest(m): 2:56pm On May 03, 2023
Oh, that's true then. Thank you. I think I'll just wait till Friday because I saw another huge pile of files that I'm not sure they've worked on for the next stage. But what's the verification for again before capturing?
jurhnsyn:
Yes I did online. I had already taken two days leave from work because of it. Today would have been a waste if I'm not able to make any tangible progress. So I decided to come again instead of letting the day waste. By the time I got to the front office around 10am, my file was ready for the next stage. Meaning they've even worked on it since that yesterday that I submitted. I'm sure yours too will be ready today. So if you can go early tomorrow and get to the verification stage by afternoon, you may be able to capture tomorrow. Please note that this is my personal experience. You can also decide to wait till Friday
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Sonicroyel: 5:19pm On May 03, 2023
Mrphilia:
Hello have you done your capturing and have the NIN verification change from pending?

Yes everything has changed. I'm waiting for my passport rn. It's due by month end
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by dyydxx: 5:44pm On May 03, 2023
My date of birth was wrongly done on my passport. Instead of 09/12/1996, they swapped it and put 12/09/1996

I went online to try and check prices for correction, I saw 30k admin charge to do it. I now called 3 different immigration officials and they all told me 250k Like what the eff?

Please anybody here has done date of birth correction? how much and how long did it take?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Emeraldfynest(m): 6:53pm On May 03, 2023
Were you finally able to capture?
jurhnsyn:
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by lightdream: 7:41pm On May 03, 2023
slimim101:

Is nor required. Renewal doesn't need a guarantor.
Thanks
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by jurhnsyn: 8:05pm On May 03, 2023
Emeraldfynest:
Were you finally able to capture?
Yes, I captured around 6pm
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Emeraldfynest(m): 8:16pm On May 03, 2023
Nice one, I'm happy for you. I will go on Friday too then. When were you asked to come back for collection?
jurhnsyn:
Yes, I captured around 6pm
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by jurhnsyn: 8:23pm On May 03, 2023
For Ibadan DIY people, your main bottleneck is the front office. They just give people arbitrary dates to come back for capturing depending on their mood, meanwhile it is something that you can complete the same day or at most the second day provided you all your documents are intact and you don't have issue with your NIN. For example opened my file yesterday and I was asked to come back next week Thursday for capturing, later they said I should come on Friday after I tried pleading with one of them. I decided to go today and on getting to the front office the lady on the table where i submitted my file said they told me to come on Friday, another woman who seems to be a superior kind of recognized my face from yesterday interjected and said I should check through the pile of files on the table for mine, and I found it ready for the next stage together with some other people that also started yesterday. I was directed to the next place to take the file to, and I eventually captured today. The front office determines if you will complete it in a day or not. Once you are able to move your file out of the front office before 1pm, you will likely be able to capture the same day.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Emeraldfynest(m): 8:26pm On May 03, 2023
quote author=jurhnsyn post=122912596]For Ibadan DIY people, your main bottleneck is the front office. They just give people arbitrary dates to come back for capturing depending on their mood, meanwhile it is something that you can complete the same day or at most the second day provided you all your documents are intact and you don't have issue with your NIN. For example opened my file yesterday and I was asked to come back next week Thursday for capturing, later they said I should come on Friday after I tried pleading with one of them. I decided to go today and on getting to the front office the lady on the table where i submitted my file said they told me to come on Friday, another woman who seems to be a superior kind of recognized my face from yesterday interjected and said I should check through the pile of files on the table for mine, and I found it ready for the next stage together with some other people that also started yesterday. I was directed to the next place to take the file to, and I eventually captured today. The front office determines if you will complete it in a day or not. Once you are able to move your file out of the front office before 1pm, you will likely be able to capture the same day.[/quote]
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Emeraldfynest(m): 8:28pm On May 03, 2023
Yes true, I was surprised too when I was asked to start filling that form all over again. It's a waste of time tbh.
jurhnsyn:
For Ibadan DIY people, your main bottleneck is the front office. They just give people arbitrary dates to come back for capturing depending on their mood, meanwhile it is something that you can complete the same day or at most the second day provided you all your documents are intact and you don't have issue with your NIN. For example opened my file yesterday and I was asked to come back next week Thursday for capturing, later they said I should come on Friday after I tried pleading with one of them. I decided to go today and on getting to the front office the lady on the table where i submitted my file said they told me to come on Friday, another woman who seems to be a superior kind of recognized my face from yesterday interjected and said I should check through the pile of files on the table for mine, and I found it ready for the next stage together with some other people that also started yesterday. I was directed to the next place to take the file to, and I eventually captured today. The front office determines if you will complete it in a day or not. Once you are able to move your file out of the front office before 1pm, you will likely be able to capture the same day.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by yesloaded: 10:23pm On May 03, 2023
Emeraldfynest:
Yes true, I was surprised too when I was asked to start filling that form all over again. It's a waste of time tbh.

If the date given to you is not too long, I will advise you wait till then

These people have mood swing and they can push your file somewhere it will be difficult to locate

I'm not saying you should not go before the appointed date but it will be better if you go on the appointed date

Some people paid as much as 60k to 85k to so called agent but still waited till around 8pm before they captured while some were unable to capture due to error in the data

To make it soft, arrive as early as possible and keep like extra 1k for hand.

They will call you for verification, interview and all that.l then you will be prepared for capturing

Prepare your mind to spend the whole day at the place, some family member who submitted their document the same time got different capturing session, wife capture around 1pm while husband captured at past 8pm so just be prepared

All I shared here is 100% personal experience as I followed someone to the place last week & today

Note: PLEASE DONT GET ANGRY & NEVER ACT WOKE! They will try to frustrate you to have reason to chase you away but be calm
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by tym92(m): 10:37pm On May 03, 2023
Emeraldfynest:
Good afternoon everyone. So tomorrow is.my capturing at the Ibadan office, I already have all my documents I need and it's DIY, I only paid 26k on the site. From the comments I've been seeing here I'm sure they may ask me to pay some money, pls what and what should I pay for asides the money for opening a file?
I didn't use any officer and don't intend using anyone till I get it.
26k for how many page/year?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Emeraldfynest(m): 4:32am On May 04, 2023
Alright thank you.
yesloaded:

If the date given to you is not too long, I will advise you wait till then

These people have mood swing and they can push your file somewhere it will be difficult to locate

I'm not saying you should not go before the appointed date but it will be better if you go on the appointed date

Some people paid as much as 60k to 85k to so called agent but still waited till around 8pm before they captured while some were unable to capture due to error in the data

To make it soft, arrive as early as possible and keep like extra 1k for hand.

They will call you for verification, interview and all that.l then you will be prepared for capturing

Prepare your mind to spend the whole day at the place, some family member who submitted their document the same time got different capturing session, wife capture around 1pm while husband captured at past 8pm so just be prepared

All I shared here is 100% personal experience as I followed someone to the place last week & today

Note: PLEASE DONT GET ANGRY & NEVER ACT WOKE! They will try to frustrate you to have reason to chase you away but be calm

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Emeraldfynest(m): 4:33am On May 04, 2023
32 page/5yrs
tym92:

26k for how many page/year?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by enemerci: 12:13pm On May 04, 2023
Good afternoon my people.
Please my capturing is tomorrow and i am renewing my passport.

My application status have not marked ready for enrollment neither is my nin marked is this a sign of a problem. Am i suppose to take any action before tomorrow. Please come to my aid.

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Ismailsulaimon(m): 1:04pm On May 04, 2023
Waow...to God be the glory I collected my passport some minutes ago at Shagamu passport office.
Strictly DIY
Application date: Feb 9 2023
Capturing date: March 30
Issuance date: April 26
Collection date: May 4...

I pray to God my passport won't serve as ID card but take me to places...AMEN

11 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Roytimidgreat: 1:06pm On May 04, 2023
We applied for our passports renewal. These items were required from us
My self. Wifey and our child.

Completed Guarantor form

Evidence of Nigerian citizenship of parents.

Pls how do we go about getting this documents?.

Can I be my child's guarantor?

Pls help

(1) (2) (3) ... (696) (697) (698) (699) (700) (701) (702) ... (829) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.