Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,243 members, 7,815,333 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

Terrified Of Dancing! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Terrified Of Dancing! (825 Views)

Video Of Linda Ikeji And Her Mother Dancing / Students Dancing At A Pool Party (photos) / Kenyan Blogger Blasts Nigerian Men After One Filmed A Kenyan Girl Dancing Unclad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Terrified Of Dancing! by Gubs(f): 9:06am On Oct 28, 2014
Hy hy! I am so terrified of dancing. I don't know how to dance, I when am alone or before a mirror. My wedding is coming soon and I don't want to look stupid on d dance floor. Any tips?
Re: Terrified Of Dancing! by marieolae(f): 9:18am On Oct 28, 2014
Girl, I feel your pain. If you don't know how to dance, you cannot learn how to dance within a few months. Its something that's inside your blood,veins an soul.

You just need to get over that, and come into realisation.

You've got two options for your wedding.

If you know that you don't want to look stupid, don't dance too hard. I'm not saying that you should be stiff ( c'mon this is your wedding day) but minimise the energy. Just clap your hands and move your body to the rhythm of the song. Move with your husband, and allow him to lead the way.

The second option. Forget about looking stupid, dance, dance and dance. This happens only once in your lifetime. Live it up! Act as if its only you and your husband in the room. Be confident and happy. Enjoy the moment while it lasts.

*sips tea*

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Terrified Of Dancing! by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 28, 2014
Dancing is innate for some and it doesn't come easily to others, I hope you know that
It's not hard to pick up the basics, all you have to do is get yourself dance videos and practice continually

Betterstill, get yourself a live instructor, you can enroll in a dancing school
Re: Terrified Of Dancing! by Nobody: 9:28am On Oct 28, 2014

1 Like

Re: Terrified Of Dancing! by jujutom(m): 9:31am On Oct 28, 2014

1 Like

Re: Terrified Of Dancing! by Lovetinz(m): 9:32am On Oct 28, 2014
First, tell your hubby.
Minimize the time you spend dancing. Just sway, sway baybee sway. A little wine can be of help too.
Congrats in advance.

1 Like

Re: Terrified Of Dancing! by Gubs(f): 9:43am On Oct 28, 2014
Na wa o! You have all been able to ease my mind a bit with ur suggestions. I do appreciate it.
Re: Terrified Of Dancing! by Gubs(f): 9:46am On Oct 28, 2014
[quote author=Lovetinz post=27515691]First, tell your hubby.
Minimize the time you spend dancing. Just sway, sway baybee sway. A little wine can be of help too.
Congrats in advance.
Thanks! I'll consider wine. lol
Re: Terrified Of Dancing! by Ilovenigeria(f): 9:49am On Oct 28, 2014
Just jump up and down your wedding gown will do the rest.
Re: Terrified Of Dancing! by djeezy(m): 9:50am On Oct 28, 2014
Just sip a lil alcohol on that day and see how the wonders will unfold. Just kidding child. Just get a dance instructor or friends who know how to dance to teach you some few moves. You don't have to dance like an expert. Just move your body to the rhythm of the song.
Re: Terrified Of Dancing! by Mprex(f): 9:52am On Oct 28, 2014
*forget about every other person in the hall

*dont look at any face in particular

*move to the beats of the music not the lyrics.

*dont really dance with your waist cos it wont be noticeable because of your gown

*dont move your feet too much to avoid stepping on your gown and tripping

*move in sync with your husband

*dance with ease, not too hard

*most importantly, wear a smile
smiley

1 Like

Re: Terrified Of Dancing! by Tallesty1(m): 9:58am On Oct 28, 2014
djeezy:
Just sip a lil alcohol on that day and see how the wonders will unfold. Just kidding child. Just get a dance instructor or friends who know how to dance to teach you some few moves. You don't have to dance like an expert. Just move your body to the rhythm of the song.
hahahahahah.

Alco will give her an Italian liver.

And make her dance like no one is watching.

1 Like

Re: Terrified Of Dancing! by djeezy(m): 9:59am On Oct 28, 2014
Tallesty1:
hahahahahah.

Alco will give her an Italian liver.

And make her dance like no one is watching.
hahahaha. When she watches the wedding video. She will ask ''is that me?''. grin

1 Like

Re: Terrified Of Dancing! by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 28, 2014
You can go to ur wedding on a wheel chair n once its dancing time, u will just be seated and be throwing ur hands up! grin Ur CBM will just be pushing ur chair anywhere you want her
Re: Terrified Of Dancing! by Oahray: 10:38am On Oct 28, 2014
Lol. Em... What the others up there said. I no sabi dance either. All the best sha.

1 Like

Re: Terrified Of Dancing! by Gubs(f): 8:34pm On Oct 28, 2014
lol... Thanks y'all. I appreciate cheesy
Re: Terrified Of Dancing! by Pdizzle(m): 12:33am On Oct 29, 2014
Just master one single pattern.

1 Like

Re: Terrified Of Dancing! by AndyBoomba: 12:50am On Oct 29, 2014
I'll teach U! PM me

(1) (Reply)

My Friends Are Laughing At Me / Must Read:applying These Principles From The Eagle Will Change Your Life Forever / Her Fate And My Way Of Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.