Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,291 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Cocoa To Generate $1.3b As Revenue In 2014- Nigerian Minister For Agric - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cocoa To Generate $1.3b As Revenue In 2014- Nigerian Minister For Agric (13269 Views)

Aregbesola Interacts With Farmers In Their Cocoa Plantation (pics) / Youth Empowerment Programme For Agric Graduates In Nigeria / Nigeria Secures World Bank’s N79.2b Grant For Agric Projects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cocoa To Generate $1.3b As Revenue In 2014- Nigerian Minister For Agric by Bitojoe(m): 10:20am On Oct 28, 2014
Front page......
Re: Cocoa To Generate $1.3b As Revenue In 2014- Nigerian Minister For Agric by S3un(m): 10:21am On Oct 28, 2014
good
Re: Cocoa To Generate $1.3b As Revenue In 2014- Nigerian Minister For Agric by simplynola(m): 10:24am On Oct 28, 2014
Now its the turn of cocoa, before it was oil after they impoverished Nigerians and enriched themselves, now its going dry, no more customers. its the turn of cocoa, beverage prices will start to skyrocket, Nigerians think their leaders want the best for them, they start to applause them not knowing the innovation is only to keep them wealthy,a tin of milo or bournvita will go for N6,500 soon, Eruku Oshodi(cocoa powder) will sell for N3,000, Nigerians will start protesting the removal of subsidy on cocoa. Cocoa is not like oil that flows everyday, it takes cocoa tree 3- 5 years to yield a crop. The oil that has been existing before now, what has been the benefit to Nigerians all along, now its cocoa.. of what benefit please? Tears run dry!

3 Likes

Re: Cocoa To Generate $1.3b As Revenue In 2014- Nigerian Minister For Agric by gebest: 10:26am On Oct 28, 2014
THERE IS NO MATCH.

I read online the question a lady asked. The question is how can Buhari
who earns over 300million Naira yearly claim that he can not afford to
pay 27million Naira for
the APC presidential form. I became interested and decided to
investigate.

I went to the ministry of Finance where I discovered that it is true
that all former Presidents and Head of states actually get 23million
Naira monthly.

But I found out that General Buhari actually wrote the minister of
Finance to reject the N23million monthly pay. He said in his letter that
he will only accept 10 percent or that amount which is N2.3million and
that is what he has been taking. This is just to clear the air. What a
Nigerian! what class of integrity!
God please make us men and women of integrity. Amin.
Re: Cocoa To Generate $1.3b As Revenue In 2014- Nigerian Minister For Agric by picaso77: 10:28am On Oct 28, 2014
Story for the goods
Re: Cocoa To Generate $1.3b As Revenue In 2014- Nigerian Minister For Agric by picoba(m): 10:28am On Oct 28, 2014
[size=38pt]

It sound like beer parlor News

[/size]
Re: Cocoa To Generate $1.3b As Revenue In 2014- Nigerian Minister For Agric by jaybiz007(m): 10:33am On Oct 28, 2014
A
Re: Cocoa To Generate $1.3b As Revenue In 2014- Nigerian Minister For Agric by anonimi: 10:38am On Oct 28, 2014
This is not bad news but it would be better to talk also about cocoa processing factories so we add more value and create more EMPLOYMENT before exporting or even convert to cocoa drinks and chocolate locally.
Nevertheless, another sign that our dear country is on the rise again

2 Likes

Re: Cocoa To Generate $1.3b As Revenue In 2014- Nigerian Minister For Agric by kccarew(f): 10:47am On Oct 28, 2014
Ise abge ni se ti le wa, this is what the lord had blessed Nigeria with, farming, but now everybody thinks farming is a poor man job, mean while that's the calling of God in our land...
stalyf:
This is a welcome development. We really need to supplement the oil revenue with the way crude oil prices have been falling.

2 Likes

Re: Cocoa To Generate $1.3b As Revenue In 2014- Nigerian Minister For Agric by Oyeneku3: 10:49am On Oct 28, 2014
GEJ

Till

I know the mods putting these sh#ts on FP undecided

Re: Cocoa To Generate $1.3b As Revenue In 2014- Nigerian Minister For Agric by Oxone(m): 10:49am On Oct 28, 2014
It Would have been nice if he had stated the amount generated last year before giving the projections for next year. That's how its done in saner climes instead on bandying figures about
Re: Cocoa To Generate $1.3b As Revenue In 2014- Nigerian Minister For Agric by Mayydayy(m): 10:53am On Oct 28, 2014
cocoa na chocolate
Re: Cocoa To Generate $1.3b As Revenue In 2014- Nigerian Minister For Agric by MadCow1: 10:55am On Oct 28, 2014
gebest:

THERE IS NO MATCH.

I read online the question a lady asked. The question is how can Buhari
who earns over 300million Naira yearly claim that he can not afford to
pay 27million Naira for
the APC presidential form. I became interested and decided to
investigate.

I went to the ministry of Finance where I discovered that it is true
that all former Presidents and Head of states actually get 23million
Naira monthly.

But I found out that General Buhari actually wrote the minister of
Finance to reject the N23million monthly pay. He said in his letter that
he will only accept 10 percent or that amount which is N2.3million and
that is what he has been taking. This is just to clear the air. What a
Nigerian! what class of integrity!
God please make us men and women of integrity. Amin.

Buharis Bank statement or I dont believe it.. angry

2 Likes

Re: Cocoa To Generate $1.3b As Revenue In 2014- Nigerian Minister For Agric by anonimi: 10:58am On Oct 28, 2014
Oxone:
It Would have been nice if he had stated the amount generated last year before giving the projections for next year. That's how its done in saner climes instead on bandying figures about

It seems you did not read this part of the post =>

ducii:
Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Dr. Akinwumi Adesina, said on Monday that Nigeria’s export of cocoa is estimated to generate $1.3 billion (about N202.5 billion) as revenue for the country this year.

Adesina who stated this in Abuja at the Nigerian Cocoa Summit 2014, said cocoa generated $1.2 billion in 2013 while the same commodity generated $900million in 2012.

He noted that the production output of cocoa has grown from 250,000 metric tonnes to 370,000 metric tonnes in the last three years of the implementation of Cocoa Value Chain.

He assured that the production of cocoa would be scaled up to 600,000 metric tonnes by 2016.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2014/10/cocoa-generate-1-3b-revenue-2014/

1 Like

Re: Cocoa To Generate $1.3b As Revenue In 2014- Nigerian Minister For Agric by Nobody: 11:02am On Oct 28, 2014
Hi!

Re: Cocoa To Generate $1.3b As Revenue In 2014- Nigerian Minister For Agric by Sijioke(m): 11:08am On Oct 28, 2014
That one is not a news . The real news is that how much gets to us. When they are being lavished.
Re: Cocoa To Generate $1.3b As Revenue In 2014- Nigerian Minister For Agric by Nobody: 11:13am On Oct 28, 2014
MadCow1:
I knew only a Yoruba Man would say this... grin

Okay.. Seriously!! If I were a Military dictator, I will drag this Yoruba man to Bar Beach, tie him to a Plank and shoot him dead.

900 Million in 2012..

1.2 Billion in 2013..

and 1.3 billion in 2014..

a miserly 400 Million Naira growth in 3 years?! angry

Facking Nonsense.. angry So 2012 - 2013 recorded 300 Million Dollar growth, 2013 - 2014 just 100 million.. Shows somebody is sleeping on the job. angry

dollars dumbsk.ull

you back off!
Re: Cocoa To Generate $1.3b As Revenue In 2014- Nigerian Minister For Agric by 100Cents: 11:14am On Oct 28, 2014
Prince202020:
Great one from the best government ever in Nigeria.

You mean GEJ till 2019 ?

2 Likes

Re: Cocoa To Generate $1.3b As Revenue In 2014- Nigerian Minister For Agric by MadCow1: 11:17am On Oct 28, 2014
Akinmail:

dollars dumbsk.ull

you back off!

[b]YAY!!!!!!! Clap for yourself!!

Congratulations.. You can read and partially understand now.. YAY!!

Oya go home and show your mother your report card and get some ice cream.. Yay!!
Re: Cocoa To Generate $1.3b As Revenue In 2014- Nigerian Minister For Agric by ksbusari(m): 11:18am On Oct 28, 2014
Nigeria Nw needs $3.7b to stabilize d economy if only cocoa can generate $1.3b. Lol.
Re: Cocoa To Generate $1.3b As Revenue In 2014- Nigerian Minister For Agric by Nobody: 11:28am On Oct 28, 2014
Generate and embezzle! We dont kia anymore
Re: Cocoa To Generate $1.3b As Revenue In 2014- Nigerian Minister For Agric by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 28, 2014
That is nice.....BUT...

[size=28pt]Country Amount produced Percentage of world production
Côte d'Ivoire 1.23 million tons 34.7%
Ghana 746 thousand tons 20.6%
Indonesia 489 thousand tons 13.8%

Cameroon 220 thousand tons 5.9%
Nigeria 210 thousand tons 5.9%
Brazil 165 thousand tons 4.7%
Ecuador 130 thousand tons 3.7%
Malaysia 32 thousand tons 0.9%[/size]

In 1977....we used to be where Ghana is now.

Time we got back there....not yet uhuru

Sauce of figures

3 Likes

Re: Cocoa To Generate $1.3b As Revenue In 2014- Nigerian Minister For Agric by Wisdytech(m): 11:36am On Oct 28, 2014
Great news | but will this money be channel to the right route? NIGERIAN POLITRICKS hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Cocoa To Generate $1.3b As Revenue In 2014- Nigerian Minister For Agric by Dee60: 11:36am On Oct 28, 2014
Everything Happens Tomorrow!.

In January, after selling our electricity assets, the DISCOS were given June ultimatum to ensure steady power supply. In November, there is virtually no light in the entire country several days running!

BH will be destroyed by October 2014! Towards the end of October, BH abducts 60 women in Adamawa!

Too many examples!

Honourable Minister, sorry not so many people believe you!
Re: Cocoa To Generate $1.3b As Revenue In 2014- Nigerian Minister For Agric by Peejayybold(f): 11:39am On Oct 28, 2014
Well said. Nw let's wait if it will b done
Re: Cocoa To Generate $1.3b As Revenue In 2014- Nigerian Minister For Agric by Nobody: 11:44am On Oct 28, 2014
simplynola:
Now its the turn of cocoa, before it was oil after they impoverished Nigerians and enriched themselves, now its going dry, no more customers. its the turn of cocoa, beverage prices will start to skyrocket, Nigerians think their leaders want the best for them, they start to applause them not knowing the innovation is only to keep them wealthy,a tin of milo or bournvita will go for N6,500 soon, Eruku Oshodi(cocoa powder) will sell for N3,000, Nigerians will start protesting the removal of subsidy on cocoa. Cocoa is not like oil that flows everyday, it takes cocoa tree 3- 5 years to yield a crop. The oil that has been existing before now, what has been the benefit to Nigerians all along, now its cocoa.. of what benefit please? Tears run dry!

We are not seeing the beenfits of oil...because the oil money is not enough to begin with.

We produce the same amount of oil as the United Arab Emirates and Algeria....and all for a population of 170 million, against the UAE's 8million and Algeria's 37million people.(That is why we should regard corruption very seriously....they are stealing from an already meager bank account).

Worse, we Nigerians do not use our oil money to make more money. What we should have done since 1970 with our oil money would have been to spend it massively on power, transport, education, and industrial development....especially Ajaokuta.

But we do not. Instead we use the oil money for looting and importation...further diminishing the pot.

And at the end of the day....we are poor. and even poorer.

Yes, there are oil rich countries that are economically strong....but they also have small populations. And when push comes to shove...an oil rich economy is vulnerable to big nations (Libya was easily bombed and wrecked by the West BECAUSE libyans refused to develop a domestic defence industry. Instead....they imported weapons from the West. Guess what happened when war broke out....you do not fight a weapon maker with the weapons he made for you...because he knows how to counter such weapons.).

Until Nigeria follows Germany, Japan , South Korea, China, even Indonesia....and industrializes....we are not going to enjoy riches in this country.

Oil is a curse.

5 Likes

Re: Cocoa To Generate $1.3b As Revenue In 2014- Nigerian Minister For Agric by anonimi: 11:46am On Oct 28, 2014
bushdoc9919:
That is nice.....BUT...

Country Amount produced Percentage of world production
Côte d'Ivoire 1.23 million tons 34.7%
Ghana 746 thousand tons 20.6%
Indonesia 489 thousand tons 13.8%
Cameroon 220 thousand tons 5.9%
Nigeria 210 thousand tons 5.9%
Brazil 165 thousand tons 4.7%
Ecuador 130 thousand tons 3.7%
Malaysia 32 thousand tons 0.9%

In 1977....we used to be where Ghana is now.

Time we got back there....not yet uhuru

Sauce of figures

Your source, which showed 2008-2009 figures somehow confirms the Minister's starting figures in 2011 =>

He noted that the production output of cocoa has grown from 250,000 metric tonnes to 370,000 metric tonnes in the last three years of the implementation of Cocoa Value Chain.

For those who are waiting to see the the money and share inside, you should realise that farmers who tap into the programme and cocoa merchants who buy from them and sell onward will be the greatest beneficiaries with only a fraction going to government in the form of taxes and duties.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cocoa To Generate $1.3b As Revenue In 2014- Nigerian Minister For Agric by Nobody: 11:50am On Oct 28, 2014
Dee60:
Everything Happens Tomorrow!.

In January, after selling our electricity assets, the DISCOS were given June ultimatum to ensure steady power supply. In November, there is virtually no light in the entire country several days running!

BH will be destroyed by October 2014! Towards the end of October, BH abducts 60 women in Adamawa!

Too many examples!

Honourable Minister, sorry not so many people believe you!

1.Re DISCO.....do you expect 24 hours light supply on 1)generation of 5000mw....with a daily need of 10000mw...and the potential to produce up to 80000MW. 2) Bad transmission facilities.

Because we are an oil dependent society...and because the oil money is not enough...we no longer have enough money to invest in the power sector. Hence the DISCOS......they want you to pay.

If we were an industrial society....we would have had stable light because not only would we need light to run our industries effectively...and geenrate revenue for the govt....but we would be manufacturing componets for the power supply sector....making it cheaper to maintain and run power supply infrastructure.

2.Boko Haram: Guerrilla groups are hard to beat. I refer you to the Viet Cong and the Taliban, and other numerous examples.

3.Agric is not viable because we are oil dependent. All the more reason why wemust get off oil.

1 Like

Re: Cocoa To Generate $1.3b As Revenue In 2014- Nigerian Minister For Agric by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 28, 2014
anonimi:

Your source, which showed 2008-2009 figures somehow confirms the Minister's starting figures in 2011 =>

For those who are waiting to see the the money and share inside, you should realise that farmers who tap into the programme and cocoa merchants who buy from them and sell onward will be the greatest beneficiaries with only a fraction going to government in the form of taxes and duties.

I'm not disputing the Minister....I just want us to get back to where we used to be....the no 1 or no 2 producer of cocoa.

1 Like

Re: Cocoa To Generate $1.3b As Revenue In 2014- Nigerian Minister For Agric by anonimi: 11:54am On Oct 28, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Until Nigeria follows Germany, Japan , South Korea, China, even Indonesia....and industrializes....we are not going to enjoy riches in this country.

Oil is a curse.

You are very correct and the industrialisation initiatives, such as the auto policy, reforms in the power sector are steps in that direction by this current federal administration instead of simply importing cheap & cheerful consumer items from everywhere.
I hope the agricultural revival will feed into agro-industrial growth as well.

The states and LGAs need to however focus on ensuring ALL our children go to school in line with their constitutional responsibility. Their emphasis should be on VOCATIONAL and TECHNICAL skills.

1 Like

Re: Cocoa To Generate $1.3b As Revenue In 2014- Nigerian Minister For Agric by doubleportion: 11:54am On Oct 28, 2014
now! the BIG question is: How many percentage derivatives goes to cocoa producing states?
Re: Cocoa To Generate $1.3b As Revenue In 2014- Nigerian Minister For Agric by anonimi: 11:55am On Oct 28, 2014
bushdoc9919:

I'm not disputing the Minister....I just want us to get back to where we used to be....the no 1 or no 2 producer of cocoa.

Don't worry....I know you were not disputing the Minister.....I simply used your figures to reduce the number of Doubting Thomases among our fellow compatriots about what is going on in our agricultural sector.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rotary Club Of Abuja Ministers Hill Plants 70 Trees / 5 WEEKS OLD BROILERS WHAT DO U THINK. PHOTOS / Opportunities In Agro Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.