Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,265 members, 7,811,750 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:50 PM

Rotary Club Of Abuja Ministers Hill Plants 70 Trees - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Rotary Club Of Abuja Ministers Hill Plants 70 Trees (13272 Views)

4 Benin Republic Ministers Meet Nigerian Rice Farmers / Nursery Nylons for seedling and Grow bag for plants/veggies is available. / The Machinery "Big John" Used For Planting Trees In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rotary Club Of Abuja Ministers Hill Plants 70 Trees by dailybuzzng: 10:00am On Sep 01, 2023
Rotary Club of Abuja Ministers Hill Creates Green Legacy with Successful Tree Planting Project in Line with Rotary International's Environmental Focus

70 Trees Planted at Jahi 2 Community Secondary School, Supported by District 9125 Officers

In a resounding testament to the power of community engagement and environmental stewardship, the Rotary Club of Abuja Ministers Hill has successfully completed a transformative tree planting project at the Jahi 2 Community Secondary School. Aligned with Rotary International's focus on supporting the environment, this monumental endeavor took place on the 19th of August and saw the planting of 70 Monoon Longifolium trees, commonly known as Masquerade trees, to enhance both the environment and education.

The project resonates deeply with Rotary's longstanding commitment to community service and environmental responsibility. Rotary International, founded in 1905, has a rich history of promoting positive change and fostering unity. It was in the spirit of this legacy that the Rotary Club of Abuja Ministers Hill, led by its dedicated Club President Rtn Daniel Etameta and Club Project Director Rtn Stanley Oranika, orchestrated this dynamic initiative.

The Jahi 2 Community Secondary School buzzed with activity as club members and District 9125 officers united in purpose. Among those in attendance were Rtn James Ugbeda, the Zonal Coordinator, and Assistant Zonal Coordinator Rtn Annie Maria. The project was further supported by Rtn Mary Udenze, the District Chair on Environment, and Rtn Belinda Chinwe Madubuike, Assistant Governor of District 9125. Their collective presence underscored Rotary's commitment to the betterment of communities and the environment.

"This tree planting project not only enriches our environment but also aligns seamlessly with Rotary International's focus on supporting the environment," remarked Rtn Daniel Etameta, Club President of the Rotary Club of Abuja Ministers Hill. "We are walking in the footsteps of Rotary's legacy by creating lasting positive change that echoes the values Rotary was founded upon."

Rtn Stanley Oranika, the Club Project Director, emphasized the profound impact of the initiative. "Our actions today reflect Rotary's enduring commitment to service. By planting these trees, we are nurturing the well-being of our community and our environment, ensuring a brighter future for all."

With the planting complete, the Rotary Club of Abuja Ministers Hill and District 9125 officers eagerly anticipate the flourishing of the newly planted trees, symbolizing their unwavering commitment to positive change and a greener, more sustainable future.

As the Rotary Club of Abuja Ministers Hill continues to align its actions with Rotary International's vision and its legacy of community service, the tree planting project stands as a testament to Rotary's enduring spirit of unity, purpose, and positive impact.

6 Likes

Re: Rotary Club Of Abuja Ministers Hill Plants 70 Trees by dailybuzzng: 10:00am On Sep 01, 2023
More

1 Like

Re: Rotary Club Of Abuja Ministers Hill Plants 70 Trees by dailybuzzng: 10:01am On Sep 01, 2023
Continue

Re: Rotary Club Of Abuja Ministers Hill Plants 70 Trees by sylve11: 8:18am On Sep 02, 2023
Beautiful!

Reminds me of the quote from a good movie, King Solomon's Mine.

"God of the Earth, Sun and Stars, take our bodies and make from them great Trees and let it be a reflection of what our lives here on this earth".

cool

8 Likes

Re: Rotary Club Of Abuja Ministers Hill Plants 70 Trees by Omicron123: 8:18am On Sep 02, 2023
wink
Re: Rotary Club Of Abuja Ministers Hill Plants 70 Trees by Chunedujohnson6: 8:18am On Sep 02, 2023
Amazing
Re: Rotary Club Of Abuja Ministers Hill Plants 70 Trees by OgbeniOja1: 8:19am On Sep 02, 2023
Nice
Re: Rotary Club Of Abuja Ministers Hill Plants 70 Trees by olaniyilukman(m): 8:19am On Sep 02, 2023
Nice development but the tree is too close to the fence....

23 Likes

Re: Rotary Club Of Abuja Ministers Hill Plants 70 Trees by solja147(m): 8:20am On Sep 02, 2023
Planting trees very close to the fence isn't wise though, the roots will fall that fence in a few years time

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rotary Club Of Abuja Ministers Hill Plants 70 Trees by Triangles1(m): 8:20am On Sep 02, 2023
If people know the importance of tree.

The energy they breath out is good for human being because of purification.

4 Likes

Re: Rotary Club Of Abuja Ministers Hill Plants 70 Trees by Thanos5555: 8:20am On Sep 02, 2023
Is the trees not too close to the building, which hasn't been plastered and finish. ?

Hope it won't be destroyed when it time to complete the building, anyways nice one for the environment congratulations

5 Likes

Re: Rotary Club Of Abuja Ministers Hill Plants 70 Trees by BigYash: 8:22am On Sep 02, 2023
I hope Wike doesn't uproot the trees and that building later

6 Likes

Re: Rotary Club Of Abuja Ministers Hill Plants 70 Trees by RandomFellow: 8:22am On Sep 02, 2023
It baffles me that at this age and time, we are still not planting economic trees. Palm trees, cashew, mangoes, blueberries, avocado, etc. These trees do well in Abuja! Why are we not thinking about the future? I don't need to state how important those trees are; you can't compare their canopies with this useless masquerade tree! But alas... We mostly act without critical thinking in this our nation

13 Likes

Re: Rotary Club Of Abuja Ministers Hill Plants 70 Trees by tobstarizhia(m): 8:22am On Sep 02, 2023
How can I join any tree planting event in Lagos

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rotary Club Of Abuja Ministers Hill Plants 70 Trees by Felix6: 8:23am On Sep 02, 2023
If only THE DRUG LORD can plant a single tree before announcing it to the good people of Nigeria. Rather it will be, Emilokan has promised to plant a tree, no date no time, no location; audio planting.

2 Likes

Re: Rotary Club Of Abuja Ministers Hill Plants 70 Trees by money121(m): 8:23am On Sep 02, 2023
Ok
Re: Rotary Club Of Abuja Ministers Hill Plants 70 Trees by HORLADY(m): 8:24am On Sep 02, 2023
That is too close to the fence. The should have look for green areas or more strategic location

5 Likes

Re: Rotary Club Of Abuja Ministers Hill Plants 70 Trees by itsme01: 8:24am On Sep 02, 2023
Nice 👍
Re: Rotary Club Of Abuja Ministers Hill Plants 70 Trees by Felix6: 8:27am On Sep 02, 2023
BigYash:
I hope Wike doesn't uproot the trees and that building later
grin grin. U smoke?
Re: Rotary Club Of Abuja Ministers Hill Plants 70 Trees by smokinloud(m): 8:29am On Sep 02, 2023
Nice one!.
Re: Rotary Club Of Abuja Ministers Hill Plants 70 Trees by lexy2014: 8:29am On Sep 02, 2023
RandomFellow:
It baffles me that at this age and time, we are still not planting economic trees. Palm trees, cashew, mangoes, blueberries, avocado, etc. These trees do well in Abuja! Why are we not thinking about the future? I don't to state how important those trees are. Compare their canopies with this useless masquerade tree

Who are the "we"?

Did anyone stop u from planting economic trees?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rotary Club Of Abuja Ministers Hill Plants 70 Trees by triple996(m): 8:31am On Sep 02, 2023
good one guys. This needed especially in the north
Re: Rotary Club Of Abuja Ministers Hill Plants 70 Trees by ecolime(m): 8:33am On Sep 02, 2023
Nice initiative

BTW, The ignorant old me used to see ROTARY CLUB as a cult. My mind used to read the club name as Ogboni.. lol 😆

1 Like

Re: Rotary Club Of Abuja Ministers Hill Plants 70 Trees by lexy2014: 8:33am On Sep 02, 2023
Thanos5555:
Is the trees not too close to the building, which hasn't been plastered and finish. ?

Hope it won't be destroyed when it time to complete the building, anyways nice one for the environment congratulations

Good point about it's closeness to the fence. This "tree" is actually an ornamental plant. Much of it's growth is vertical. It doesn't spread out horizontally like the normal tree

1 Like

Re: Rotary Club Of Abuja Ministers Hill Plants 70 Trees by lexy2014: 8:35am On Sep 02, 2023
solja147:
Planting trees very close to the fence isn't wise though, the roots will fall that fence in a few years time

You right about its closeness to d fence but the tree is actually an ornamental plant. It doesn't really spread out like a normal tree. It's growth is only vertical
Re: Rotary Club Of Abuja Ministers Hill Plants 70 Trees by DonBenny77(m): 8:37am On Sep 02, 2023
Plenty people with little sense.
How can you plant them so close to a fence

1 Like

Re: Rotary Club Of Abuja Ministers Hill Plants 70 Trees by BigYash: 8:39am On Sep 02, 2023
Felix6:

grin grin. U smoke?
cheesy Guys that bears Felix as thier names,when me know are very wise niggas.. Why you go dey use name when no be your own?

1 Like

Re: Rotary Club Of Abuja Ministers Hill Plants 70 Trees by Divoc19(f): 8:40am On Sep 02, 2023
They should protect all 70 trees to survival
Re: Rotary Club Of Abuja Ministers Hill Plants 70 Trees by LAXconfidential(m): 8:43am On Sep 02, 2023
BigYash:
cheesy Guys that bears Felix as thier names,when me know are very wise niggas.. Why you go dey use name when no be your own?
Re: Rotary Club Of Abuja Ministers Hill Plants 70 Trees by LAXconfidential(m): 8:43am On Sep 02, 2023
DonBenny77:
Plenty people with little sense.
How can you plant them so close to a fence
ecolime:
Nice initiative

BTW, The ignorant old me used to see ROTARY CLUB as a cult. My mind used to read the club name as Ogboni.. lol 😆

(1) (2) (Reply)

Diary Of An Okro Farmer / Fresh Prawns Available In Large Quantity / Facts About Geese.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.