Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,205 members, 7,953,761 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:33 AM

Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation (47849 Views)

Defection: PDP Loses Suit Against Amaechi,Kwankwaso,Others / Breaking News Tambuwal’s Defection: PDP Challenges Court’s Jurisdiction / Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 28, 2014
lol cheesy cheesy grin grin
IYANGBALI:
it depends on the size of the cake,this cake is very very big,he cannot even finish it,it is not pof pof
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Nobody: 8:07pm On Oct 28, 2014
Why have they not told Mimiko to resign

4 Likes

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Nobody: 8:07pm On Oct 28, 2014
datolee:

I know you cited the constitution but you add the word ALL which is not in the constitution. Sec 50 (2)(c) stated:

My argument stands, there is no ALL before members of that house. 80 members is the minimum depending on the number of attending members on the day's sitting
Stop unnecessary argument,

if he is removed from office by a resolution of the Senate or of the House of Representatives, as the case may be, by the votes of not less than two-thirds majority of the members of that House.

2 Likes

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Evathyst(f): 8:07pm On Oct 28, 2014
barcanista:
men that guy case is severe.
His own case of 'political' ignorance is classic. Leave am, na all of dem we go enlighten one by one....

2 Likes

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Franchise21(m): 8:10pm On Oct 28, 2014
johnshagb:
Someone said this impeachment is imminent in the thread about his defection.
One party is getting paranoid, the other is waxing stronger by the day. I believe you know where I'm going with this?
2015 will be interesting.
I fully agree wiv u. Twud b very interesting

1 Like

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Nobody: 8:10pm On Oct 28, 2014
Wen apc members defect to pdp dey re asked to resign, buh wen pdp members move to APC nothin is done....oya pdp carry go....gej till 2019
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Wallie(m): 8:12pm On Oct 28, 2014
One does not necessarily have to be from the majority party to be elected speaker of the House as any of the two people nominated for the post can attain absolute majority of all votes cast; however, it only makes sense that the person nominated from the majority party win because the party with more people in the House nominated him and will vote for him.

Tambuwal’s defection to APC is a real blow to PDP and I wonder if more reps will follow suit. This means that Tambuwal who has the power to decide what gets heard or done in the House will be doing the bidding of APC (treating them like the majority party in power).
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by KLand(m): 8:12pm On Oct 28, 2014
This is a legitimate demand by PDP. But I wonder if anything will come out of it. Nigerian politicians are yet to be that honourable. Tambuwal is not an exception.
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Nobody: 8:15pm On Oct 28, 2014
Evathyst:
His own case of 'political' ignorance is classic. Leave am, na all of dem we go enlighten one by one....
I was shocked when I first saw his comment. This shows that the education sector needs overhaul

1 Like

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Franchise21(m): 8:16pm On Oct 28, 2014
I go just dey observe 2015 wiv keen interest

1 Like

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by anonimi: 8:18pm On Oct 28, 2014
edgyslim:

10 bucks says if our able Gov. Fashola joins pdp you won't make the above comment.

Is Fashola elected Speaker of the LASHA by the majority of members
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by anonimi: 8:19pm On Oct 28, 2014
barcanista:
What is lawful? Did the Law Specify that Majority Party produce the Speaker?

Can the minority elect the Speaker of the House
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by yusuffit: 8:21pm On Oct 28, 2014
Though u need 2/3 majority to impeach a speaker, a simple majority can suspend even indefinitely any member of d assembly.
Also, there is a court verdict dat says since there is no division in PDP, there is no constitutional ground for anyone to leave d party dat he was elected on. The court verdict also voided d defection of 37 APC lawmakers dat defected frm d PDP and ask them to vacate their respective seats but they were shielded by The speaker. I think if PDP should even go to court based on d above premise, Tambuwal may be asked to vacate his seat in the house of reps.
ULTIMATELY, Tambuwal is playing a smart one because whatever happens to him will give him PITY VOTES @ SOKOTO STATE GUBER POLLS. dis is my humble submission

2 Likes

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Modream: 8:23pm On Oct 28, 2014
eye4eye:
You have to be stupid to think any Hausa will be willing to impeach one their own. You also have to be dumb to think Tambuwal doesn't have the number in his pocket before switching his party. Action in futility is what PDP is trying to do.
just watch as pdp unfold their magic.
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by 7lives: 8:24pm On Oct 28, 2014
[quote author=momo22 post=27529764]
Has Mimiko resigned?[/quote

This thread is about Tambuwal's defection, leave Mimiko out of it.

2 Likes

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Nobody: 8:24pm On Oct 28, 2014
anonimi:

Can the minority elect the Speaker of the House
Majority means majority members, which most times majority party unite to produce the Peaker to their advantage. That does it mean that it is a Must for the ruling party(majority party) to produce the speaker

3 Likes

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by ayili: 8:26pm On Oct 28, 2014
barcanista:
coÑsult the constitution

I was only asking to know and not to take sides but since you won't give me a meaninful answer, someone else has already done that. thanks
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by swezenberg(m): 8:28pm On Oct 28, 2014
fitzmayowa:
There is no need to start singing the impeachment song, if his new party is the minority in the house...he should do the needful and step down as the speaker...for the majority party in the house to take over leadership...

He can not resign because 14 is greater than 16

1 Like

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 28, 2014
idu1:
Are u this pained......... Sorry sir.........check ur BP at any nearest clinic.........
donkey,whoddahell sneaked off ur hay that u breying like u wanna be da top neighing bronco? Huh? Hey brey up something,diickhead n quit trailing my arsse..u not gonna like me on urs..
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Nobody: 8:30pm On Oct 28, 2014
ayili:

I was only asking to know and not to take sides but since you won't give me a meaninful answer, someone else has already done that. thanks
Oh someone have given you. Pardon my response... I was avoiding unnecessary argument
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Nobody: 8:30pm On Oct 28, 2014
Rexxie:

donkey,whoddahell sneaked off ur hay that u breying like u wanna be da top neighing bronco? Huh? Hey brey up something,diickhead n quit trailing my arsse..u not gonna like me on urs..

You f**k donkeys?
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Peejayybold(f): 8:31pm On Oct 28, 2014
Politics!!!!
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 28, 2014
IYANGBALI:
it depends on the size of the cake,this cake is very very big,he cannot even finish it,it is not pof pof
grin

Then he should be ready to get choked grin
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by anonimi: 8:32pm On Oct 28, 2014
barcanista:
Majority means majority members, which most times majority party unite to produce the Peaker to their advantage. That does it mean that it is a Must for the ruling party(majority party) to produce the speaker

I quite agree with you that it is not a MUST that the majority party produce the Speaker. However I also take note of the highlighted portion of your statement.

It is obvious that Tambuwal is relying on PDP not getting enough votes (2/3rd) to impeach him as required by our constitution. I also do not expect that to happen and I hope PDP does not push it. This is a very good thing as it strengthens our democracy, the same way Atiku's challenge of Obasanjo's illegal plans to remove him as VP did. Moreover when APC will be in the same situation we will be more than ready to refer to this scenario.

What goes round, comes around, no matter how long it takes.
That is why MORE civilized societies/groups learn to respect the LAW at all times.
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Nobody: 8:35pm On Oct 28, 2014
MissMeiya:

You f**k donkeys?
no suzzie,i screw holes....need me to prove it2ya? Need a real niggga
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by yusuffit: 8:36pm On Oct 28, 2014
Can Hausa lawmakers impeach their kinsmen? YES AND YES AGAIN, see what happened and almost happened to Nyako and Al-makura respectively. Self interest first b4 any other tin

2 Likes

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Nobody: 8:37pm On Oct 28, 2014
Rexxie:

no suzzie,i screw holes....need me to prove it2ya? Need a real niggga

Donkeys have holes. You need a real nigga? Sorry, can't help you.
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by Gogetta(m): 8:37pm On Oct 28, 2014
Jarus:

See these children that don't know anything about politics.

GEJ appointed Tambuwal Speaker?

Tambuwal was a nobody before becoming speaker? Someone that has been a ranking member of HOR since 2005?
I almost fell off my chair when I saw that.

1 Like

Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by silverprince413(m): 8:38pm On Oct 28, 2014
Chigold101:
is it PDP or the constitution? I think we should know when to draw our tongue lashing lines. The law was not made with anybody in mind. However, if Tambuwal is a leader, then he should resign as a sign of being a good leader.
who demanded him to resign?
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by edgyslim: 8:40pm On Oct 28, 2014
anonimi:

Is Fashola elected Speaker of the LASHA by the majority of members

Bros please say something intelligent. Not because u have free data u just say anything that comes to ur mind
Re: Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation by jamace(m): 8:41pm On Oct 28, 2014
Tambuwal is a first class crook. He stole with BankOLE but maintained a straight face when the sh.i.t hit the ceiling. Again, see how he condoned corruption and hid all the bribe takers in the HouseOfReps, like FaCROOK, and co. I fear this Tambuwal of a guy can sell Nigeria without a guilty body language. I just pity Nigeria.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

"Saraki Treatment Awaits Dogara" - Obasanjo / Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery / Nigerians Would Be Happy In Few Hours - Ita-Enang

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.