Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,299 members, 7,867,790 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 01:13 AM

How Can I Help My 3year Old To Identify Letters And Numbers - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Help My 3year Old To Identify Letters And Numbers (9194 Views)

Should I Help Her Or Chase Her Out Of My House? / How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? / A Nairalander's Open Letter To His 3year Old Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Help My 3year Old To Identify Letters And Numbers by Nikkygold4life(f): 8:23pm On Jul 26, 2018
Hello family, will update you about my son's progress, sorry for long wait.
Re: How Can I Help My 3year Old To Identify Letters And Numbers by Nikkygold4life(f): 9:04pm On Jul 26, 2018
Hmm, where do I start from? Well, my son has greatly improved and I'm so proud of him. I stopped comparing him with other children, I focus only on improving on himself. His attention span has increased a little, He has gained confidence in writing and listening over the years.
What kept us thus far is the realization that he doesn't have to come first in class for him to be called intelligent or smart. It may be surprised when when tell you that he's still one of the slowest in class when it comes to copying notes and solving Maths in class but if u give him d same Maths questions in a relaxed environment, He will perform better.
Re: How Can I Help My 3year Old To Identify Letters And Numbers by Nikkygold4life(f): 10:03pm On Jul 26, 2018
It has been a journey for both of us these past few years, both of us have grown in patience, understanding and love. We take each day at a time, and it has been a unique learning experience. How would you feel if you have to constantly deal with the fact the your child is lagging behind in many his education? It therefore called for a change of approach, I stopped comparing him with other kids not even his kid brother, I then realized that God wouldn't have given him to me if I couldn't handle him. How do you cope with knowing dt your child exhibits intelligence but has learning challenges? How do u marry that, I stopped asking "why me".
Now I'm a proud mother cos I see improvement in him each day. Persistence, patience and perseverance are my tools in bringing out the best in my kid.
Re: How Can I Help My 3year Old To Identify Letters And Numbers by Evacroft: 10:53pm On Jul 26, 2018
If u can find a good montessori school,i don't mean all this people lying to have a montessori curriculum o. They actually do individual learning pace and don't rush. Don't rush him .

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Help My 3year Old To Identify Letters And Numbers by ststyreal(f): 10:54pm On Jul 26, 2018

I am sure he will write a book by the age of five.
The lady you quoted might be right. What if I tell you that a child of his age can actually read a page from the queen primer use by most private schools? Everything depends on individual. Some kids are fast at learning while some take their time to learn. Every child is unique in his or her own way, the mother should just patiently continue to teach the boy, with time, he will grab and might even surpass his age mate. Every child is unique!

1 Like

Re: How Can I Help My 3year Old To Identify Letters And Numbers by ImaIma1(f): 4:02am On Jul 27, 2018
Nikkygold4life:
It has been a journey for both of us these past few years, both of us have grown in patience, understanding and love. We take each day at a time, and it has been a unique learning experience. How would you feel if you have to constantly deal with the fact the your child is lagging behind in many his education? It therefore called for a change of approach, I stopped comparing him with other kids not even his kid brother, I then realized that God wouldn't have given him to me if I couldn't handle him. How do you cope with knowing dt your child exhibits intelligence but has learning challenges? How do u marry that, I stopped asking "why me".
Now I'm a proud mother cos I see improvement in him each day. Persistence, patience and perseverance are my tools in bringing out the best in my kid.

Enrol him in a good Montessori school. I have sat in once in one of their classes and i must say that it is a fun and amazing way to learn. I was thoroughly impressed.

They learn at their own pace and with pictures,etc. You should really consider it.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Help My 3year Old To Identify Letters And Numbers by Nikkygold4life(f): 9:43am On Jul 27, 2018
Evacroft:
If u can find a good montessori school,i don't mean all this people lying to have a montessori curriculum o. They actually do individual learning pace and don't rush. Don't rush him .

@ Evacroft: Thanks for your contribution, I know montessori would be if great help to him, we are thinking in this line.
Re: How Can I Help My 3year Old To Identify Letters And Numbers by Nikkygold4life(f): 9:55am On Jul 27, 2018
ststyreal:

The lady you quoted might be right. What if I tell you that a child of his age can actually read a page from the queen primer use by most private schools? Everything depends on individual. Some kids are fast at learning while some take their time to learn. Every child is unique in his or her own way, the mother should just patiently continue to teach the boy, with time, he will grab and might even surpass his age mate. Every child is unique!

I totally agree with u sis.
Re: How Can I Help My 3year Old To Identify Letters And Numbers by Omotakins(m): 2:34pm On Jul 27, 2018
2cato:
You want three years to identify letters and figure? Cönvince me that you ar serious?
it is not too early. My 3 yrs old boy knows that.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Causes Frequent Urinating And Farting / Happy Birthday To A Nairalander's Mum (born Oct 1, 1960) / The Fatoyinbo Dilemma, Your Thoughts.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.