Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,293 members, 7,829,670 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Thread For Teachers: How Fares The Teaching Profession In Nigeria? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Thread For Teachers: How Fares The Teaching Profession In Nigeria? (626 Views)

See The Profession In Nigeria With 100% chance of employment / Scandinavia Countries Approves The Teaching Of Yoruba For All Schools / Somalian Militants Banned The Teaching Of English Language And Science Subjects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thread For Teachers: How Fares The Teaching Profession In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:42am On Oct 29, 2014
For as long as I can remember, teaching has had a long way to go in the "pecking order" of "jobs with a future". It is so bad that if you're a teacher, you're nicknamed "Nwa-Teacher"... In bid to elevate the status of the profession, debates with captions like "Teachers are better than Doctors" were introduced. All to no avail, even as every child wants to be either a Doctor, Engineer, Pilot, Nurse or even Pastor... to be taught by a TEACHER!
How sickening!

I believe it rises and falls on the government of a particular country. In my mum's country (Ghana), for instance, Takoradi, where we're from, teachers are highly respected and heavily paid.
Could that not be why we're running there for education?

These days, if you stand before your To-be In laws and call yourself a teacher...
The disdaining is at its peak.

Know This:
1. Teachers are ladders.
2. Teachers secure the future generation.
3. Teachers are custodian of God's gift of love and knowledge.
4. Teachers are called.
5. Real Teachers are tender.
6. Teachers are Pillars.
7. Teachers are Moulders.

I read "Pure" Computer Science and this is the fourth school I'm teaching.
In a cozy computer laboratory(by His grace) to manage, I have ample time to work hard and pursue my goals.
A little time to post on NL.

I NEVER dreamt I'll be teaching in my whole life...I am an I.T freak...but I love kids... SO MANY teachers today have same story to tell...

THIS THREAD HAS AN AIM TO ABUSE THE MIND OF FOLKS WHO THINK LITTLE OF THE TEACHING PROFESSION. Some teachers (..) earn more than some office-collar job workers, so to speak.

Excellence is not what you meet in the job. It is what you bring into the job. (Mr. Smith)

Thank You.
Re: Thread For Teachers: How Fares The Teaching Profession In Nigeria? by PROCTOR: 11:46am On Oct 29, 2014
Teacher
Re: Thread For Teachers: How Fares The Teaching Profession In Nigeria? by Sparrow13: 12:08pm On Oct 29, 2014
Am a teacher and a proud one.
*I YOU CAN WRITE YOUR NAME THANK A TEACHER*
Re: Thread For Teachers: How Fares The Teaching Profession In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Oct 29, 2014
PROCTOR:
Teacher

Yep

(1) (Reply)

Mapoly Info Update,admission List,registration, Post Utme , Accomodation Etc / Job opportunities for holders of Bsc Nutrition And Dietics. / Running For Positions In Department And Faculty In The University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.