Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,517 members, 7,854,221 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 12:41 PM

Lets Talk About Estonia - Travel (221) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lets Talk About Estonia (887231 Views)

Are There Nigerians In Estonia? / Need Information On This Three European Country Latvia,estonia & Lithuania / Estonia Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (399) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by s3nn2x(m): 9:13pm On Jun 29, 2017
Miles300:
for wat exactly ?
Postgraduate Diploma in Estonia. I have gotten a success mail already, i was asked to accept, after accepting I was informed that they will send a confirmation of acceptance to me
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Miles300: 9:24pm On Jun 29, 2017
s3nn2x:

Postgraduate Diploma in Estonia. I have gotten a success mail already, i was asked to accept, after accepting I was informed that they will send a confirmation of acceptance to me
ok wait for it on it email , it depends on the school , if it's Tallinn universityy it will be sent within 24hrs , I don't know of other Skool.. But be calm they will send it like they said
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Godfavourme: 8:24am On Jun 30, 2017
s3nn2x:

Pls what type of postgraduate? What's your qualification? Which sch?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by phemie08(m): 8:33am On Jun 30, 2017
Dear Sir,

For Bachelor students you can only apply for residence permit and when you get the approval from the police border you can apply for visa.

For documents required for Temporary residence permit please check the link below

https://www.politsei.ee/en/teenused/residence-permit/tahtajaline-elamisluba/oppimiseks/

Please note that the nearest available appointment will be on 22nd of August at 14:00 pm.

Please confirm if the appointment is suitable for you.

Best regards,

Dina Sary

Na wah for Egypt oo, as if waiting for two months for TRP isn't enough.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Suplexx: 8:54am On Jun 30, 2017
phemie08:
Dear Sir,

For Bachelor students you can only apply for residence permit and when you get the approval from the police border you can apply for visa.

For documents required for Temporary residence permit please check the link below

https://www.politsei.ee/en/teenused/residence-permit/tahtajaline-elamisluba/oppimiseks/

Please note that the nearest available appointment will be on 22nd of August at 14:00 pm.

Please confirm if the appointment is suitable for you.

Best regards,

Dina Sary

Na wah for Egypt oo, as if waiting for two months for TRP isn't enough.

Please explain the bolded part. What appointment is that about? Is that for visa appointment in Estonian embassy in Egypt?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Godfavourme: 9:09am On Jun 30, 2017
Suplexx:

Please explain the bolded part. What appointment is that about? Is that for visa appointment in Estonian embassy in Egypt?

Interview appointment with Estonia embassy in Cairo
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Suplexx: 9:15am On Jun 30, 2017
Godfavourme:

Interview appointment with Estonia embassy in Cairo

This is serious. I thought when one gets to Cairo, he goes to apply for Estonian visa, then he would return to collect two weeks later.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Suplexx: 9:25am On Jun 30, 2017
I wrote to the embassy of Finland. I was told to approach Belgium embassy in Abuja since they represent Estonia in Nigeria.

When I wrote Belgium embassy, they directed me to read requirement in their website or consult VFS global. VFS said Belgium embassy only issues short term visas (like tourist visa) for travel to Estonia, that since I am a student, I could apply for study permit when I get to Estonia.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Godfavourme: 11:32am On Jun 30, 2017
Suplexx:

This is serious. I thought when one gets to Cairo, he goes to apply for Estonian visa, then he would return to collect two weeks later.
. Seems you haven't read posts on Egypt route. In every embassies, you book for appointment. The going and coming back after two weeks is only applicable to masters students.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Suplexx: 11:35am On Jun 30, 2017
Godfavourme:

. Seems you haven't read posts on Egypt route. In every embassies, you book for appointment. The going and coming back after two weeks is only applicable to masters students.

Yes, I jumped into this forum recently, from the middle.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Suplexx: 11:43am On Jun 30, 2017
Godfavourme:

Please one more question. Does it mean Masters students don't have to book online appointment?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by mavinc4u(f): 12:32pm On Jun 30, 2017
Suplexx:
I wrote to the embassy of Finland. I was told to approach Belgium embassy in Abuja since they represent Estonia in Nigeria.

When I wrote Belgium embassy, they directed me to read requirement in their website or consult VFS global. VFS said Belgium embassy only issues short term visas (like tourist visa) for travel to Estonia, that since I am a student, I could apply for study permit when I get to Estonia.

Yes, is tourist visa you will apply to either of them. I think their short term visa last for 3months. Are you for master's or bachelor?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by mavinc4u(f): 12:33pm On Jun 30, 2017
Please who paid his/her school fees via bank and what exchange rate was applied?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Suplexx: 1:10pm On Jun 30, 2017
mavinc4u:

Yes, is tourist visa you will apply to either of them. I think their short term visa last for 3months. Are you for master's or bachelor?

Masters
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Suplexx: 1:12pm On Jun 30, 2017
mavinc4u:
Please who paid his/her school fees via bank and what exchange rate was applied?

I bought at black market at 411/€, then transfered via my DOM account.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by mavinc4u(f): 1:18pm On Jun 30, 2017
Suplexx:

I bought at black market at 411/€, then transfered via my DOM account.

Oh my word. I asked someone at the bank and I was told 363 plus only for me to use them and landed in 414 plus, I just felt like slapping them. There was a bench mark cbn brought sometime this year but I can't remember exactly what was fixed. Who knows the rate stated by cbn?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by mavinc4u(f): 1:21pm On Jun 30, 2017
Suplexx:

Masters

Guy use any of finland, Russia, UK or belgium. Na tourist visa oh.

Which school is yours?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Suplexx: 1:47pm On Jun 30, 2017
mavinc4u:

Which school is yours?

Euroacademy

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Suplexx: 1:52pm On Jun 30, 2017
mavinc4u:

Which school is yours?

Belgian visa will land you straight in Estonia, but with a 3 months visa. I don’t know how one is going to perfect it to enable one stay in Estonia.

Can you get UK tourist visa without getting an invite from someone who is legally there? I doubt.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by s3nn2x(m): 2:01pm On Jun 30, 2017
Godfavourme:

Pls what type of postgraduate? What's your qualification? Which sch?

It is not your conventional School. It is a training programme sponsored by the Estonian government. That's all I can say. B.Sc with work experience
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by iWasNotHere(m): 2:48pm On Jun 30, 2017
[quote author=mavinc4u post=57985986]

Oh my word. I asked someone at the bank and I was told 363 plus only for me to use them and landed in 414 plus, I just felt like slapping them. There was a bench mark cbn brought sometime this year but I can't remember exactly what was fixed. Who knows the rate stated by cbn?

Forget that CBN bobo, that rate doesn't hold shi. just for the News. Banks always collect commission if you're payin for things like this. The only thing u can do, if you have a padi over there in Estonia he/she can consider you for 400/euro
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Godfavourme: 3:55pm On Jun 30, 2017
Suplexx:

Please one more question. Does it mean Masters students don't have to book online appointment?

Write to Dina to fix an appointment for you. She's in the right position to know the available date.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Godfavourme: 4:01pm On Jun 30, 2017
mavinc4u:

You can buy at cbn rate when you have your visa, ticket and your admission letter. That's the only way you can get euro at cheaper rate, you tell them you are buying as traveling allowance or for sch fee pmt.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by mavinc4u(f): 4:10pm On Jun 30, 2017
Godfavourme:

You can buy at cbn rate when you have your visa, ticket and your admission letter. That's the only way you can get euro at cheaper rate, you tell them you are buying as traveling allowance or for sch fee pmt.

They were told is for school fees oh which they requested for everything; admission letter, biodata page of passport, copy of my BSc cert, invoice.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Suplexx: 4:17pm On Jun 30, 2017
Godfavourme:

For school fees payment, you don't need visa.

It's form A, admission letter, passport, payment invoice (If the fees is not indicated on admission letter, and Bsc certificate. But not all banks asked for Bsc certificate.

Ticket and visa are only required for PTA.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by mavinc4u(f): 4:26pm On Jun 30, 2017
Suplexx:

Belgian visa will land you straight in Estonia, but with a 3 months visa. I don’t know how one is going to perfect it to enable one stay in Estonia.

Can you get UK tourist visa without getting an invite from someone who is legally there? I doubt.

From the little information I have, you will get to belgium, finland (the country that issued the schengen visa) first before proceeding to estonia. However, I am looking at getting the schengen visa then apply for visa and TRP from estonia Embassy at any of the mentioned countries. There was a guy here who said he used finland but when he was asked a question, he went mute; Nigeria way even though he views this thread every day. I can't remember his moniker though but will search for the name. You can check this page 26 of this thread, some said getting Belgian visa is very difficult and I think euro academy or so made the same statement but all is luck to me.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by mavinc4u(f): 4:32pm On Jun 30, 2017
Lol, talk about the... lipsrsealed and there he appears.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Suplexx: 5:27pm On Jun 30, 2017
mavinc4u:

From the little information I have, you will get to belgium, finland (the country that issued the schengen visa) first before proceeding to estonia. However, I am looking at getting the schengen visa then apply for visa and TRP from estonia Embassy at any of the mentioned countries. There was a guy here who said he used finland but when he was asked a question, he went mute; Nigeria way even though he views this thread every day. I can't remember his moniker though but will search for the name. You can check this page 26 of this thread, some said getting Belgian visa is very difficult and I think euro academy or so made the same statement but all is luck to me.

Thanks, I will look at page 26 later tonight
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by mavinc4u(f): 5:30pm On Jun 30, 2017
Suplexx:

Thanks, I will look at page 26 later tonight

The guy moniker is judebebo32
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by engineerafolabi: 7:35pm On Jun 30, 2017
Please i have a question especially for those B.sc students trying to pass through Egypt. as their ever been a need for the Police and Border Guide to deny the application for TRP? Because am thinking if one goes to Egypt and what if the TRP was denied or it has never been denied for once?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Miles300: 8:23pm On Jun 30, 2017
engineerafolabi:
Please i have a question especially for those B.sc students trying to pass through Egypt. as their ever been a need for the Police and Border Guide to deny the application for TRP? Because am thinking if one goes to Egypt and what if the TRP was denied or it has never been denied for once?
be optimistic and not pessimistic , apply and submit the required document and leave the rest ..

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Miles300: 8:25pm On Jun 30, 2017
Suplexx:

get estonia D visa for a longer stay wen u get to Belgium

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (399) (Reply)

German Embassy And Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.