Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,890 members, 7,956,357 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:34 AM

A Graduate's Painful Experience With Truerebel Fashion Company - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Graduate's Painful Experience With Truerebel Fashion Company (20388 Views)

As A Graduate, Can You Work In Restaurant That Pays 80k And Above? / Enlisting In The Nigerian Police Force As A Graduate. / A Painful Lesson I Learnt From An Access Bank Interview For A Marketing Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Graduate's Painful Experience With Truerebel Fashion Company by Boss13: 4:13pm On Nov 04, 2014
Ligxy:

I suspect this man. Maybe he's the Mr True Rebel himself.
Afterall, the employees call him Boss.

Na I am not. I only identify with him because of similar experiences - Lazy staff. People want jobs where they only sit down and get paid monthly without delivery on set objectives.
Re: A Graduate's Painful Experience With Truerebel Fashion Company by Ligxy(f): 4:33pm On Nov 04, 2014
Boss13:

Na I am not. I only identify with him because of similar experiences - Lazy staff. People want jobs where they only sit down and get paid monthly without delivery on set objectives.

Okay sir. You type like him though #teamlongtexts#
Re: A Graduate's Painful Experience With Truerebel Fashion Company by akinsadeez(m): 4:44pm On Nov 04, 2014
Boss13:

I am against Truerebel owing his employee that is absolutely not right. However, the approach the OP is taking is absolutely wrong. If he truly owes, let your lawyer write him. The underlying issue here is DEBT and debt only.So why would he come to a public forum to wash dirty linens. Owing a business is different from managing employees. I believe Truerebel is learning, in fact he even said that himself. I speak from experience, employees are only after their interest and that is absolutely their Salary. Most business owners even borrow to pay their staff, some take overdraft loan and pay interest, some approach loan sharks. Automatically, the business should fund its expense and how does it do that - through sales my friend and who should champion sales - sales representative or business development team and when they don't do so what happens - nothing my friend, no sales no money. When there is no money, how do you pay salaries. If you borrow, you increase your finance cost and put your business at huge risk.

So you see my friend being a business man is not easy, dem no dey use business form niceness. You should nice as a human but be firm and fair too. If they can prove to Truerebel that they worked, he should pay them off else let them get their lawyers. Also, my advise to Truerebel is to seek ways to get employees commitment and reduce the labour turnover in his business because staff replacement has its own cost too in case he does not know.

Hmmmmm. I understand what you have written and even agree with you. But I just want to point out to you that one of the reasons why the OP came to this forum to vent is because he also got the job from this forum. Also if you read this thread and the other one, it is written there that TRUEREBEL advertises for new staff on nairaland every two weeks. You will also notice on the other thread that there are other people apart from the OP (at least three of them) who also have issues with true rebel. If the OP and the others don't write all this, there will be others who will also see true rebel vacancies on nairaland and fall into the same situation. With the way both parties have stated their case, anybody who wants to take up an employment with true rebel will go into it with both eyes extra wide open. It is better for dirty linens to be washed in public if it will save someone else the same heartache

7 Likes

Re: A Graduate's Painful Experience With Truerebel Fashion Company by Boss13: 5:13pm On Nov 04, 2014
akinsadeez:

Hmmmmm. I understand what you have written and even agree with you. But I just want to point out to you that one of the reasons why the OP came to this forum to vent is because he also got the job from this forum. Also if you read this thread and the other one, it is written there that TRUEREBEL advertises for new staff on nairaland every two weeks. You will also notice on the other thread that there are other people apart from the OP (at least three of them) who also have issues with true rebel. If the OP and the others don't write all this, there will be others who will also see true rebel vacancies on nairaland and fall into the same situation. With the way both parties have stated their case, anybody who wants to take up an employment with true rebel will go into it with both eyes extra wide open. It is better for dirty linens to be washed in public if it will save someone else the same heartache

Oh I don't know he got the job through Nairaland. I hardly visited this section on nairaland. In that case, I apologize to the OP but he should note too that his actions are not good. Go through the right medium to fight your course.

Truerebel, it is easier to start a business than to build a sustainable business. Don't build a reputation for truerebel fashion as the worst place to work in. You have to understand that labour turnover comes with cost, maybe you are not paying for advert but how about training, how about idle time/period when the staff is yet to acclimatize with the work culture of your organisation. When employees know that they are not secured, they will not commit to the cause. Make them feel at home, however sanctions can be carried out on erring staff. If the cash is available, please pay them as at when due, motivate them and also let them buy into your dream.

Also, please note that you have to do something about your product. If your staff say customers are complaining, then do something. I noticed I saw a lovely ring on your website but I had doubt to purchase - that is how bad you are damaging your brand and organisation. The most important thing in your business is your product, if your product is bad then what are you selling? Next comes your employees, they represent what your organisation stands for - a scuffle looking employee depicts a scuffle organisation. We all learn from experience and I believe you are still on your learning curve. Take care and be a good boss.

2 Likes

Re: A Graduate's Painful Experience With Truerebel Fashion Company by guass(m): 5:28pm On Nov 04, 2014
Ayoad:
A Letter To All Unemployed Graduates In Nigeria

Dear my fellow Graduates,

I happen to be a fresh graduate who was desperate to get a job and never wanted to stay at home. I came across a job advert on nairaland for the position of a communication executive, which I applied. After a week I was called for an interview and later got the job with TRUEREBEL FASHION COMPANY.

I was so happy that my dream had come true but my parent was against the job. I told my parent to support me with 20k for transportation for the month which they didn't because they were not in support of the job. I have to borrow 20k from my neighbor which I hope to pay at the end of the month after my salary has been paid.

At the end of the month I was not paid. I have to tell my neighbor to exercise patient till the following month. I also beg him to give me additional 15k for transportation for the second month which he did. When the seconded month ended, I was not still paid. I kept dodging my neighbor believing that when I got paid I will off-set my debt.

The CEO Mr. Muyiwa Folorunsho ask us to come to work one Saturday without extra pay, which wasn't part of our agreement. So we didn’t go. The following Monday morning he came with some uniform men with AK.47 to match us out of the office without paying me my salary. Now Truerebel Fashion Company has turned me an enemy against my neighbor whom I have not been able to pay. He has also turned me an enemy against my parent. When I look back, my heart is always filled with regret and pain.

Had it been I listen to my parent earlier on, this wouldn't have happened. I was used as an instrument by the company to strip Nigerians naked of their hard earned foreign exchange, defraud unsuspecting Nigerians, make Nigerians poorer and sell fake jewelries. I was only used as an accomplices.

Nigerian graduates, please beware of this scammer.

Regards,
AY

1 Like

Re: A Graduate's Painful Experience With Truerebel Fashion Company by Dexema(m): 7:22pm On Nov 04, 2014
Boss13:
The OP is not but a disgruntled employee. At first, I was sympathetic to his cause but not till I read the responses from the CEO. There are always two side to a story. Some employees just do not understand the concept of keeping a business afloat, in other works - to open shop, they are only interested in their monthly pay. Lets all assume that he is selling sub-standard products, however please note that the company's pricing has nothing to reflect with scamming people. He has to make profit so that he can pay your disgruntled a$$, pay for fuel, logistics, advert, rent etc.

Based on the CEO's response, he informed you and your colleagues that there is need to turn up to work on Saturdays, he gave his explanation - based on increase demand during weekends. Yet some of you did not turn up. How do you want him to increase sales and pay you. Honestly, you deserve to be sacked and it has nothing to do with one-man business. You will also be sacked or sanction in a joint-stock company too because stupid negative people like you do not deserve to be employed.

Okay he sells sub-standard products, let his customers do the talking by moving to the competition but you coming up here to run your mouth shows how disloyal you are, how disgruntled you are and how stupid and negative you are. You are part of the reason, small businesses don't grow. Everybody wants to own a business, yet no one want to be submissive enough to learn the ropes. Your behaviour on this forum is pissing me off and you need to get a life, you fool.

Wow! So much alomo for another mans waist pain? One thing is clear to all selling fake/substandard items to esteemed customers is a crime worthy of persecution anytime anyday. I suggest you take an anti-depressant for your anger issues.
Re: A Graduate's Painful Experience With Truerebel Fashion Company by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 04, 2014
Anybody who says the op sold fake jewels has cancer of the brain. I just went to trurebel new site fashion hands and the price of a golden designer wrist watch is N3000 now anybody who thinks 3k for a designer watch should be original is mad. Nigerians are the cause of their problems a hustler just duped ur fellow job seeker and you ppl are blaming the OP. That's why the rich gets away with wat they do. Funny thing is there are many startups like dis in the lekki axis. Maybe until the chinese, indians, Lebanese takes all our jobs bfor we react. I know of a very big name on TV female precisely. She could not buy a good editing computer for her editors, she fired them and now a south african does her editing. Of course he brought his oWn computer of over 1 millon let us continue to allow this hustlers ride on us the job would come just dnt worry.
Re: A Graduate's Painful Experience With Truerebel Fashion Company by lummyguy: 9:05pm On Nov 04, 2014
hello guys! sorry i came arnd late. Of course a particular BOSS13 will be scared to shit now *smiles

In as much as i did like to answer some questions or reply comments, I did like to let my pen do the talking...Mr Muyiwa cum Truerebel cum Fashionhands, just messed with a Journalist and questioned the power of the pen..
Therefore, i af been in close touch with my colleagues presently practising in the National mirror, The Nation and Newswatch...they also promised to get some other of their collegues to publish the story...

So for now brothers...Stay glue to ur dailies...Yours Truly Mr Folorunsho Muyiwa Just got a Banner headline for himself.

Oops shud you want to start with your usual I will sue U ringtones,....we have got employees and customers willing to testify to our accusations...Taste and see that the lord is good.

I was tagged Proud for refusing so many times to be ur bootlicker, well that Proud guy just started with u.

Then i must commend all those who cud decipher without much words and also ask others who seems to be derailing from common sense to sit up and guide there bucker cavity with some self esteem.....

#PEACE

3 Likes

Re: A Graduate's Painful Experience With Truerebel Fashion Company by Nmeri17: 10:19pm On Nov 04, 2014
I am Dr. Muyiwa Folorunso cool how dear you dragged my name in the mord?? undecided after all the monies I payed you. I intendead to made u my bus in the compiny. Bet u Don fork up embarassed you shall payment for this!! angry
Re: A Graduate's Painful Experience With Truerebel Fashion Company by Rhukie(f): 11:10pm On Nov 04, 2014
Boss13:

Oh I don't know he got the job through Nairaland. I hardly visited this section on nairaland. In that case, I apologize to the OP but he should note too that his actions are not good. Go through the right medium to fight your course.

Truerebel, it is easier to start a business than to build a sustainable business. Don't build a reputation for truerebel fashion as the worst place to work in. You have to understand that labour turnover comes with cost, maybe you are not paying for advert but how about training, how about idle time/period when the staff is yet to acclimatize with the work culture of your organisation. When employees know that they are not secured, they will not commit to the cause. Make them feel at home, however sanctions can be carried out on erring staff. If the cash is available, please pay them as at when due, motivate them and also let them buy into your dream.

Also, please note that you have to do something about your product. If your staff say customers are complaining, then do something. I noticed I saw a lovely ring on your website but I had doubt to purchase - that is how bad you are damaging your brand and organisation. The most important thing in your business is your product, if your product is bad then what are you selling? Next comes your employees, they represent what your organisation stands for - a scuffle looking employee depicts a scuffle organisation. We all learn from experience and I believe you are still on your learning curve. Take care and be a good boss.
y do I have the feeling that the person who typed this is muyiwa?

2 Likes

Re: A Graduate's Painful Experience With Truerebel Fashion Company by airsaylongcon: 12:54am On Nov 05, 2014
Rhukie:

Same sentiments here! The writing style of Boss13 and truerebel are just to similar. In fact na d same person joor.

1 Like

Re: A Graduate's Painful Experience With Truerebel Fashion Company by Nobody: 8:15am On Nov 05, 2014
buchisom1:
Ahahahah...my fellow graduate the problem with us is that we re so desperate to the extend we forget our tinkin cap...i was also called by dis tru rebel shit ..whn i got there i looked at the environment den i said to myslf do u really wonna work ua ...is this ua reason of spending five years in ua uni...i said no and immediately i didnt wait for that gal dat always receive pple to talk to me i jus left d place and todai am happy coz i didnt allow myslf to b used...see my advise to evry fresh graduate is b patient and stay positive whn ua time comes it will b lik magic...i knw what am saying..am a living witness...
Fill me up please but "ua" seems to have multiple meanings
ua - here
ua - your
ua - a/your
As a graduate I'm really appalled at your written English
Re: A Graduate's Painful Experience With Truerebel Fashion Company by Nobody: 8:23am On Nov 05, 2014
airsaylongcon:

Same sentiments here! The writing style of Boss13 and truerebel are just to similar. In fact na d same person joor.

I disagree about the writing style , Boss 13 is a better writer and orator than true rebel. Read through very well and you'll see Boss 13 has better diction and he hardly made any mistake in spellings and his sentence structure while that can not be said of true rebel , they can not the same person
Re: A Graduate's Painful Experience With Truerebel Fashion Company by buchisom1(m): 8:24am On Nov 05, 2014
neoapocalypse:

Fill me up please but "ua" seems to have multiple meanings
ua - here
ua - your
ua - a/your
As a graduate I'm really appalled at your written English
go and sit down i dont ve time to start exchngin words wit kids
Re: A Graduate's Painful Experience With Truerebel Fashion Company by Nobody: 8:49am On Nov 05, 2014
buchisom1:

Funny you , you write worse than a kid yet you claim to be a graduate.
Re: A Graduate's Painful Experience With Truerebel Fashion Company by Nobody: 8:49am On Nov 05, 2014
buchisom1:
Re: A Graduate's Painful Experience With Truerebel Fashion Company by Boss13: 9:06am On Nov 05, 2014
Rhukie:

Nope I am not muyiwa. I am not even Yoruba. The guy looks young. Good to see young people in business. @op what are you trying to achieve? I having been responding to another thread similar to this on front page and I have come to understand that a group of persons are out to ruin this young man. Revenge seems sweet, and I also understand you have not being paid your wages. This is what you should be fighting for, your wages, and nothing more. Whatever business practices your employer engages in is totally none of your business and should not be disclosed on a public forum.

Op in as much as I sympathize with you due to the non-payment of your salary/wages, I must confess to you that I would be putting my business at risk if I employ someone like you or your cohorts.
Re: A Graduate's Painful Experience With Truerebel Fashion Company by Nobody: 9:15am On Nov 05, 2014
This is the reason Nigeria is cursed.

This is why Boko Haram will continue to destroy that God forsaken country.

How on earth will someone work for you and you refuse them pay? It doesn't happen anywhere in this world except Nigeria.

I spit on Nigeria. Hellhole of a country angry
Re: A Graduate's Painful Experience With Truerebel Fashion Company by davex201: 4:09am On Nov 11, 2014
Ok
Re: A Graduate's Painful Experience With Truerebel Fashion Company by davex201: 10:31am On Nov 11, 2014
Hmmm' god help us

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

New Job Wahala--- Mature advise from married people needed. / After Being Humiliated In Her Former Place Of Work, She Got A Very Good Job / Help Me With Free Electronic Gmat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.