Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car - Car Talk (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car (69662 Views)

Pictures Of The Car That Got Burnt At Onipan Bus Stop / See Ben Bruce's Electric Car That Is Charged With Solar (photo) / See The Car That Caused Commotion In Lagos On Easter Day...photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by asala1: 9:29pm On Oct 30, 2014
majekdom2:
the reading you have been doing that leaves you with no pratical hands on experience to know that the unused energy is always converted to another form even if it seems to have no use to humans it may have some use to the ecological system .

The heat generated from the combustion of the fuel coming out of the exhaust is used for what? Roasting corn abi? Ecological wetin? If you don't know it causes pollution. Why do you thing companies are made to carry out their Carbon-Foot Print?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by HardeyBbee: 9:29pm On Oct 30, 2014
majekdom2:
the reading you have been doing that leaves you with no pratical hands on experience to know that the unused energy is always converted to another form even if it seems to have no use to humans it may have some use to the ecological system .

you mean like it helps in the depletion of the ozone layer undecided btw I think he is talking about reducing losses ie improving efficiency...

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 9:34pm On Oct 30, 2014
CityNG:

That sounds like a family discussion, not interested in the least bit.

What does where my Daughters, if I have any and if they are university aged, go to school have to do with this contraption pictured?
my point is , this is Nigeria where things are just trying to move on , you would not expect these guys to have built boeing when they got limited resources ... your anger should be channelled towards the folks worsening the situation not these guys wanting to build on their ideas.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Johnnoo(m): 9:36pm On Oct 30, 2014
finofaya:

Lol. Fast ke. Before you can properly appraise this car, you have to know what the specs are so that you can differentiate it from the ones our mechanics knock out in their sleep. You have to admit that the car looks unimpressive.

Yea...you're right but I'm delighted though because of their guts. A little R&grin will just perfect the work

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Chiezugolum: 9:37pm On Oct 30, 2014
my dear, its a great place to start. We are not exposed with the same practicality in Nigeria. if you feel they did not do much, lets see what you've done or your university...
Proud to be a Zikite
Kanyol:
I don't want to be sarcastic here but all I see is two "agbayas" on a toy car. Chinese students go don laugh dem tire undecided undecided undecided

compare

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 9:37pm On Oct 30, 2014
asala1:

Maybe you are right, as at 2012 there is no functional SEM or TEM to carryout common characterization, that is available in most science and engineering labs in every serious universities outside Nigeria. But still I can't still find a way to justify this. I can't blame the boys doing this, all I feel for them is pity as they will part with a lot of money to buy fairly used parts of different automobiles to assemble this thing. Their professor really needs serious schooling about what is trending in the research world. Like i said earlier no stupid investor will even look this twice, all automobile manufacturing company most especially those producing for F1 have strong R&Ds trying to improve their product and they are willing to liaise with any institution/Professor having something positive to offer. When they see this they will just laugh and may buy it to keep in their museum to always help them in remembering the foolishness of Africans.
No investor would invest in it does not mean no investors will invest in theese guys knowing fully well the situation in the country . have yo bothered to ask your self why multinational companies still recruit bachelor degree holders from nigerian universities? africans are not foolish . you should tune in to marketplace africa and inisde africa on CNN and see what africans are doing . you and your likes are the problems to africa.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by christopher123(m): 9:38pm On Oct 30, 2014
CityNG:

I'm sure that I'm old enough to be your father so watch your tongue Son.

What I did in my university years or the reason why I am partly living overseas has nothing to do with this shameful eyesore presented here.

Stop grasping at straws as you fall back into the abyss you continue to fall into.

Eh whenever your done doing dishes then come home or maybe live on benefits

Abroad ko
Ijegun ni

Now run to your security night post

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 30, 2014
asala1:

The heat generated from the combustion of the fuel coming out of the exhaust is used for what? Roasting corn abi? Ecological wetin? If you don't know it causes pollution. Why do you thing companies are made to carry out their Carbon-Foot Print?
oga it is not the heat that causes pollution , it is the uncombustible part of the fuel that comes out as smoke that causes pollution and why it is that is because of the engine or the component of the fuel .you talking green house effect , depletion of ozone layer ... like I said , the energy is not wasted ... it is the unuseful product from the conversion of this energy that is a waste .... you get it now.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by eunisam: 9:44pm On Oct 30, 2014
This small thing 4million? Abeg make i hear.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by fyneboi79(m): 9:45pm On Oct 30, 2014
Kesmakveli:
Amazing: Unizik Students Produce Race Car

Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka has recorded yet another landmark breakthrough recently when five of her students produced a formula 1 car.

The students, from the department of mechanical Engineering produced the race car as their project.

The names of the student engineers include
*Okoyenta Augustus,
*Okeke Chukwuebuka,
*Ofoegbu Kenechukwu,
*Ibekwe Ebeneezer and
*Ezeani Chikeluba.

According to the initiator of the project, Okoyenta Augustus, the materials for the car were locally sourced and it took them two years to put in place. The cost of the project still according to him was about .4 million naira, though with the support of the department.

The students drove the car last tuesday to the administrative block to showcase the novel achievement to the vice chancellor, Prof. Joseph Ahaneku and the university community. Long Live the #‎UNIZIK5‬. Long Live Department of Mechanical Engineering. *Long Live Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=717008825043277&id=178933212184177&refid=17
Great Unizik,pride of our state and our Nation/Fountain of knowledge and of wisdom.Where freedom reigns,education we gain....................Unizik 04 grin following d giants step as usual....Welldone guys.

2 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 9:45pm On Oct 30, 2014
HardeyBbee:

you mean like it helps in the depletion of the ozone layer undecided btw I think he is talking about reducing losses ie improving efficiency...
sai , energy is not the reason behind the depletion of ozone layer . the unused product or less ecnomically viable end of the coversion is what causes green house effect .... do you understand now.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Dav77(m): 9:46pm On Oct 30, 2014
Good job guys you always have enough room for improvement,but I will still advise you to channel your knowledge toward technologies that have economic importance to a developing country like nigeria, four million naira to build a race car that will later be buried in the bottom of an abyss is a waste of scarce resources,I know we still have the like of sir George Washington Carver in nigeria

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 9:49pm On Oct 30, 2014
majekdom2:
my point is , this is Nigeria where things are just trying to move on , you would not expect these guys to have built boeing when they got limited resources ... your anger should be channelled towards the folks worsening the situation not these guys wanting to build on their ideas.

What anger? That's just s figment of your frustration.

They created crap and they should be able to do better.

Stop rewarding putrid behaviors.

This contraption is shyte especially coming from university students.

I'm not the only one that feels this way.

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 9:49pm On Oct 30, 2014
christopher123:

Eh whenever your done doing dishes then come home or maybe live on benefits

Abroad ko
Ijegun ni

Now run to your security night post
bros , abeg no carry that matter come here , dem go start to dey para .... lols , I cant help but laugh . I think saxywale from canada reasons rightly .... he has been a dude with a great thought on the situation here compared to majority who talks down everything.

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 30, 2014
CityNG:

What anger? That's just s figment of your frustration.

They created crap and they should be able to do better.

Stop rewarding putrid behaviors.

This contraption is shyte especially coming from university students.

I'm not the only one that feels this way.
well you may see it as crap , yea you are a product of your resources ... thts my point , it is better than to go copy some material and get grades ... after all they have proven to know the science behind motion . you should ask some mechanical graduates if they can identify the parts of a car . Mr , you are fortunate to have schooled in nigeria when it was much better may be .... am yet to read on your works or is it that I dont know . I ll pm you so you can tell me . it will be saddening if you didnt even make a scrap during your time.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by toniobyke(m): 9:55pm On Oct 30, 2014
bad belle

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by asala1: 9:56pm On Oct 30, 2014
majekdom2:
oga it is not the heat that causes pollution , it is the uncombustible part of the fuel that comes out as smoke that causes pollution and why it is that is because of the engine or the component of the fuel .you talking green house effect , depletion of ozone layer ... like I said , the energy is not wasted ... it is the unuseful product from the conversion of this energy that is a waste .... you get it now.

What takes the heat out? THE FLUE GASES. Why are recuperator installed in fuel fired furnaces? Just to minimize heat energy lost from these flue gases. I am done teaching, you need to read more if you studied or still studying engineering.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 9:58pm On Oct 30, 2014
HardeyBbee:

is it as an unergraduate where no company has got a anigerian university as its research and development poin you want to build technologies .... one step at a time . there are manythings to correct first before we start talking a student building a boeing with nigerian resources.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 10:06pm On Oct 30, 2014
asala1:

What takes the heat out? THE FLUE GASES. Why are recuperator installed in fuel fired furnaces? Just to minimize heat energy lost from these flue gases. I am done teaching, you need to read more if you studied or still studying engineering.
whats your point really ... I dont get , that you expect those guys to build a vehicle when there isnt any car manufacturing company having their schools as a research centre .... you just put some trash up as it concerns energy being wasted . I told you it is the fume that is waste and not the heat energy and you may have fumes because of the engine .... part of an engine is what you just described which have made no sense to your post.you are these I too know kind of person that is not even productive . you keep shoutin read up . I dont need to read up and then decieve myself with whats not feasible. I work in the energy industry , guys like these are welcomed easily as we build on talents in this industry.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 10:31pm On Oct 30, 2014
majekdom2:
well you may see it as crap , yea you are a product of your resources ... thts my point , it is better than to go copy some material and get grades ... after all they have proven to know the science behind motion . you should ask some mechanical graduates if they can identify the parts of a car . Mr , you are fortunate to have schooled in nigeria when it was much better may be .... am yet to read on your works or is it that I dont know . I ll pm you so you can tell me . it will be saddening if you didnt even make a scrap during your time.

It is crap and what I create and continue to create has no relevance on this unfortunate piece of shyte submitted.

You don't know me or my automotive achievements and I'll just let you wallow in your assumptions, it's more fun that way grin

Please don't PM me, I beg of you. I'll like my thinly veiled insults to come out in the open so that we can all laugh at each other together.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Emilord(m): 10:35pm On Oct 30, 2014
Well, 'and so it happens that i didnt see anytyn unusual in what they did.it luks like an assemblage of coloured roofing sheet with barrow tyres'

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Solozzo(m): 10:36pm On Oct 30, 2014
Simple question: will any of us buy this car for more than 4 million Naira?
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by gabeezugo(m): 10:37pm On Oct 30, 2014
HisSexcellency:
They tried, but the car is too small... what engine is the car using, keke or power bike.
is too small bah? hope 2 c u build a laandcruiser jeep soon. (Common toy car or local childrens car dat dey do wit empty cans or tinned milk u no go fit do) nd u re here been sarcastic. They did wonderfully well. Somtin way me no fit do, even my papa no fit do am. ( D same appilies 2 u). Common praise dem fast fast, ur papa fit do dis kind tin?

3 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 10:38pm On Oct 30, 2014
CityNG:

It is crap and what I create and continue to create has no relevance on this unfortunate piece of shyte submitted.

You don't know me or my automotive achievements and I'll just let you wallow in your assumptions, it's more fun that way grin

Please don't PM me, I beg of you. I'll like my thinly veiled insults to come out in the open so that we can all laugh at each other together.
hehehe , you actually think I ll PM you .... same way you dont know those guys or what they can do if they have the necessary resources ... oga you almost I just realised you may never want any development because you will stop making your money .... like one dude said he understands your frustration , I dont tho because this is the first time am havin a debate with you. .... empty vessels makes the most noise.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 10:46pm On Oct 30, 2014
CityNG:

Excellent I like how you lash out feebly, it's funny grin

So how is where I live or what work I do related to the fact, a fact, that this piece of shyte is worthless?
.I wont be surprised if you or your kids will be working for those guys in some years time.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by chukwudubemvin(m): 10:54pm On Oct 30, 2014
NOBLEDANDY:
Great achievement. Well done boys...
the great Zikites
zikites always blazing the trail

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 10:54pm On Oct 30, 2014
majekdom2:
.I wont be surprised if you or your kids will be working for those guys in some years time.

That's just more nonsensical wishful thinking on your part. I guess if it makes you feel more accomplished to make juvenile wishes, you can knock yourself out grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

'Witch' Number Plate In Garki Abuja {pics} / Artega Gt, A Car I Saw Today At School, I Am Speechless( Veiw Pic / Mercedes-Benz C300 Used In Selling Local Herbs In Kaduna (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.