Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,132 members, 7,811,197 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car - Car Talk (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car (69540 Views)

Pictures Of The Car That Got Burnt At Onipan Bus Stop / See Ben Bruce's Electric Car That Is Charged With Solar (photo) / See The Car That Caused Commotion In Lagos On Easter Day...photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 10:56pm On Oct 30, 2014
majekdom2:
hehehe , you actually think I ll PM you .... same way you dont know those guys or what they can do if they have the necessary resources ... oga you almost I just realised you may never want any development because you will stop making your money .... like one dude said he understands your frustration , I dont tho because this is the first time am havin a debate with you. .... empty vessels makes the most noise.

It doesn't matter if you intend to PM me or not as you willingly wrote but I will not be accepting your PM as stated so please don't.

I just have a simple request, is it possible for you to regain your composure and write legibly so we can understand you?

I don't do gibberish or grunts.

PS: How's your data level? Make sure that you stock up from Iya Sikira MTN shack cause I intend to help you deplete it grin
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Solozzo(m): 11:05pm On Oct 30, 2014
As final yr engineering students a level of innovativeness to produce cars that generate energy from non fossil fuel sources is expected from eg solar, hydrodynamics, hydro, magnetic etc. remember those sec schl students who generated electricity from human urine? Thatb
is what is expected from these guys

2 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 11:07pm On Oct 30, 2014
saxywale:

yes. A reflection of the society you live in. All thanks to your politicians in power.
You don't expect them to build one similar to that of a student in Britain or South Korea.
Did you read a report celebrated on CNN some couple of days ago how a Liberian nursing students saved three relatives from the Ebola sickness by using crude method, making gloves and hazardous materials suit from trash bags.
She had to make use of what was available. Americans were asking their government to bring her to US on scholarship.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/25/health/ebola-fatu-family/

That is ingenuity. The intellectual capability is most important and it's a strong indicator of intelligence. These students if placed in higher institution in developed countries would excel and create a better project.
sadly , some liberians may have avoided her , callin her foolish like one dude said and waiting for ppe's from america . they may claim also that they are no longer in the stone age .

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by slap1(m): 11:20pm On Oct 30, 2014
majekdom2:
and then the man that died in spain because he had some cocaine in his stomach or the politician bein convicted for fraud abroad is what ... please we should stop thnking this way.
I'm not even remotely against the project; I'm worried that at this stage of our development, a contraption like this is still celebrated by a federal university!

2 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 11:26pm On Oct 30, 2014
slap1:
I'm not even remotely against the project; I'm worried that at this stage of our development, a contraption like this is still celebrated by a federal university!

Abi o.

Unfortunately when the blind is being led by the blind and saluted by the blind this is what you get.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by olietem(m): 11:30pm On Oct 30, 2014
that student on black is dancing for the "keke" car.

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Werehkpe: 11:32pm On Oct 30, 2014
Seems the car is made for Aki n Paw Paw. its so small

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 11:41pm On Oct 30, 2014
slap1:
yea , I understand , we ought to be beyond this ...I just dont like the way they talking hard on those guys like its their fault.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 11:44pm On Oct 30, 2014
CityNG:

Abi o.

Unfortunately when the blind is being led by the blind and saluted by the blind this is what you get.
have you done anything to make them see ...other than your import business ? your own quota to our development is importation and not builing talents.... your mates have industries in their names , employing and building on talents.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 12:02am On Oct 31, 2014
tartar9:
"Chai!!ABOMINATION!! take it away!take it away!Jonathan wat is this iron you have presented me".looks more like a offering for OGUN.
LMAO

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by HardeyBbee: 12:18am On Oct 31, 2014
majekdom2:
sai , energy is not the reason behind the depletion of ozone layer . the unused product or less ecnomically viable end of the coversion is what causes green house effect .... do you understand now.

I know what you were talking about but what made me make such a statement is because of what u said about wasted energy been useful to the ecological system since this energy is referred to heat energy plus carbon emissions. But what I dont get or more like what I would like to know is how can this wasted energy be useful to the ecological system.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by HardeyBbee: 12:29am On Oct 31, 2014
majekdom2:
is it as an unergraduate where no company has got a anigerian university as its research and development poin you want to build technologies .... one step at a time . there are manythings to correct first before we start talking a student building a boeing with nigerian resources.

dont get me wrong, I am discrediting what these guys have done
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by HardeyBbee: 12:41am On Oct 31, 2014
Solozzo:
Simple question: will any of us buy this car for more than 4 million Naira?

its 400,000 naira and no even at this price. but imagine what these guys would have done if they were car companies here to get data and resources from.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 12:43am On Oct 31, 2014
HardeyBbee:

I know what you were talking about but what made me make such a statement is because of what u said about wasted energy been useful to the ecological system since this energy is referred to heat energy plus carbon emissions. But what I dont get or more like what I would like to know is how can this wasted energy be useful to the ecological system.

it is not energy that is being wasted , it is its less economical viable product from its conversion from one form to another that may cause harm . now let me explain how by products from conversions may be useful to the eco system and not humans directly......the light energy from the sun is used by plants tho not necessarily useful to all human race as it concerns solar energy .... the by product carbon we talking is needed by plants for photosynthesis . if humans do not exhale co2 dont you think emmission of co2 from vehicles would have supplemented . we have excess carbon because humans already are a co2 contributor and with more deforestation we have lesser plants to make use of them . now are you aware there are plants that live 1000 metres below sea level , lighht cannot get to that level ... hence those plant dont photosynthesize ... do you know how they live? they live on dissolved oxygen which come as a by product from photosynthesis which is a form of energy conversion..... this is a product that may be regarded as not physically useful to man but useful to the eco system.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Engrczar(m): 12:55am On Oct 31, 2014
Great Zikites always representing.
Congrats on that wonderful feat.proud of you guys.
WATCH OUT FOR MORE FROM THE UNIVERSITY OF THE MOMENT( UNIQUE UNIZIK).

2 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 12:58am On Oct 31, 2014
majekdom2:
have you done anything to make them see ...other than your import business ? your own quota to our development is importation and not builing talents.... your mates have industries in their names , employing and building on talents.

Another assumption that is unrelated to the matter at hand. What does my line of business or entreprenuishipo has to do with this ridiculous offering trusted upon us?

You try to whiffle about but I'll keep bringing you back to the item of discussion as I'm not interested in your "gota doti" grin
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 1:02am On Oct 31, 2014
CityNG:

Another assumption that is unrelated to the matter at hand. What does my line of business or entreprenuishipo has to do with this ridiculous offering trusted upon us?

You try to whiffle about but I'll keep bringing you back to the item of discussion as I'm not interested in your "gota doti" grin
what it has got to do with it you asked ... ok since you never lectured them , assisted them or done anything to improve the environment which they learnt , you got not reason to condemn their ideas ... please stop putting up a fake smile.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 1:08am On Oct 31, 2014
majekdom2:
what it has got to do is 1) f you never lectured them , 2) assisted them or done anything to improve the environment which they learnt , 3) you got not reason to condemn their ideas ... 4) please stop putting up a fake smile.

You are delirious and it's now showing ore and more grin

1) I am not a lecturer and it is not my place to lecture allegedly university engineering students.

2) It is not my place to assist them as I do not run a philanthropy. They pay school fees or taxes or both and it is up to the school to provide an adequate learning environment. I know where you are coming from though since Nigerians provide their own water, electricity, etc absolutely social services have completely failed. You're a victim of your environment.

3) I have every reason to offer my opinion. You can argue against it but I'll gladly take you on grin grin

4) Unfortunately for you, you don't get to tell me what to do. We already went through this grin grin grin grin
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by 9inches(m): 1:22am On Oct 31, 2014
Khalessi:
Nigerians celebrating mediocrity since the beginning of time, I can see the plastic bottle that's been used to hold the fuel. grin

How bout this? >> http://www.nutabolts.org/index.php

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 1:24am On Oct 31, 2014
CityNG:

You are delirious and it's now showing ore and more grin

1) I am not a lecturer and it is not my place to lecture allegedly university engineering students.

2) It is not my place to assist them as I do not run a philanthropy. They pay school fees or taxes or both and it is up to the school to provide an adequate learning environment. I know where you are coming from though since Nigerians provide their own water, electricity, etc absolutely social services have completely failed. You're a victim of your environment.

3) I have every reason to offer my opinion. You can argue against it but I'll gladly take you on grin grin

4) Unfortunately for you, you don't get to tell me what to do. We already went through this grin grin grin grin
why bash a victim of a circumstance he never caused . well , yea , your opinion and am sure you know it will no get beyond nairaland ... and actually no need debating because they must have met peeps like you before completing that project. its just heartbreaking to remember you are a father ... sigh .... ur kids mehn.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 1:27am On Oct 31, 2014
9inches:

How bout this? >> http://www.nutabolts.org/index.php
CITYNG .... you seen this also ? come here with your assylum seeker's opinion.

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by topcheat: 1:39am On Oct 31, 2014
Kanyol:
I don't want to be sarcastic here but all I see is two "agbayas" on a toy car. Chinese students go don laugh dem tire undecided undecided

compare

do yours and we stop importing high cost toys from China

3 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by maxxx(m): 1:53am On Oct 31, 2014
I'm a nigerian like you all.But atimes you guys make me sick to the stomach.Remember CHINA?the once backwards mammoth.Even we nigerians use to laugh at them and make derisive statements against them.Mocking their technology and products,but look at them now.they are currently the biggest economy in the world......u guys want us to start making super cars overnight?without passing through developemental stages......the key word here is "POTENTIAL".we have that in abundance.All we ever need is an enabling environment nd good govt.policies that are well implemented.just like what Deng Xiaoping did for the Chinese.....let us not laugh at ourselves,let us not look down on ourselves.....Rather Let's begin to see all these little developments as manifestations of our can do spirit and begin to develop and harness it.. If these guys can do this thing in our chaotic university environment,imagine what they will achieve if backed up by research funds,research facility and competent mentors.

4 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 3:10am On Oct 31, 2014
majekdom2:
CITYNG .... you seen this also ? come here with your assylum seeker's opinion.

Sorry but I don't visit links just anyhow.

If it's something intelligent then make a thread.

To all asylum seekers let me apologize on behalf of decent citizens of Nairaland. There's no shame in escaping from whatever it is than drove you away from you homeland. This isn't fodder for forum jokes but this person has repeatedly shown his lack of tact.

So what does my status in a foreign land have to do with this shyte that was trust upon my eyes?
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Nobody: 3:12am On Oct 31, 2014
majekdom2:
why bash a victim of a circumstance he never caused . well , yea , your opinion and am sure you know it will no get beyond nairaland ... and actually no need debating because they must have met peeps like you before completing that project. its just heartbreaking to remember you are a father ... sigh .... ur kids mehn.

grin grin

If you're going to put a product in front of the masses then you ought to be ready for criticism.

And the sad thing is that you are somebody's child, what a total and complete waste of resource from ground zero up until now.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by InvertedHammer: 3:35am On Oct 31, 2014
CityNG:

grin grin

If you're going to put a product in front of the masses then you ought to be ready for criticism.

And the sad thing is that you are somebody's child, what a total and complete waste of resource from ground zero up until now.
/
I don't understand what the debate is all about.

The project was a collosal waste of effort and resources.

If it were to be from Introductory Technology junior High students, I can understand.

But engineering students put four tires on a Keke, used Ragolis water container for a gas tank, and covered the crap with some pieces of metal put together by an imbe.cile and we are supposed to go gaga in jubilation.It is kind of stuff you see in the ghetto where kids whose parents cannot afford toys improvise to build something that would be used in a playground.

As a project, I score it an "F" because there is nothing original nor extraordinary about it. There was one olodo that put solar panels on a beat up junk VW beetle and called it a solar car. There was another one that built what he called a submarine in Lagos. Yeah! Suicide submarine for sure.

Stuff like this must be condemned so that those students will learn to use their brain next time and not freaking cut and join dumb shi.t like this. This is an embarrassment to UNIZIK's College of Engineering.
Then again, it is Nigeria where anomalies are fully integrated into the culture.

This should be moved to Jokes section. SMH.

/

4 Likes

Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by nayolight(m): 3:41am On Oct 31, 2014
Kesmakveli:
Amazing: Unizik Students Produce Race Car

Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka has recorded yet another landmark breakthrough recently when five of her students produced a formula 1 car.

The students, from the department of mechanical Engineering produced the race car as their project.

The names of the student engineers include
*Okoyenta Augustus,
*Okeke Chukwuebuka,
*Ofoegbu Kenechukwu,
*Ibekwe Ebeneezer and
*Ezeani Chikeluba.

According to the initiator of the project, Okoyenta Augustus, the materials for the car were locally sourced and it took them two years to put in place. The cost of the project still according to him was about .4 million naira, though with the support of the department.

The students drove the car last tuesday to the administrative block to showcase the novel achievement to the vice chancellor, Prof. Joseph Ahaneku and the university community. Long Live the #‎UNIZIK5‬. Long Live Department of Mechanical Engineering. *Long Live Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=717008825043277&id=178933212184177&refid=17
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by nayolight(m): 3:44am On Oct 31, 2014
we go soon build formula 1 for naija university. you WAN try immitation.
Re: UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car by Damsman10(m): 5:03am On Oct 31, 2014
ammyluv2002:
Yes o! We are achievers grin grin grin

famzers go and build ya own

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

Will You Buy This Bulletproof Luxury Toyota Coaster Bus For N165m? (photos) / 'Witch' Number Plate In Garki Abuja {pics} / Audi B5 420-R: The Build.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.