Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

Nigerians Living The Dream Life Abroad - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Living The Dream Life Abroad (20180 Views)

Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? / Attention: Nigerians Living And Working In UAE (dubai) / Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Living The Dream Life Abroad by Oracle(m): 6:41pm On Aug 16, 2006
clocky:

grin grin grin grin LMAO

but u for give am d thing make him suck na grin
na wah for you clocky, do you mean you would have given the guy a "request granted" signal.
i wish you had that opportunity.
Re: Nigerians Living The Dream Life Abroad by GermanLady(f): 2:22pm On Sep 06, 2006
money is not growing on a tree and you just have to pick it like apples, ohhh no, weather u are in usa ,uk,germany, it might seem the DREAMLAND for you, but let me tell you, for black afrikan people here in germany it is never easy,

even if you are myrried to a german, you get the lowest paid job (if u get one) ,unemployment rate is very high, so the big bosses will rather hire a german man than a foreigner who barely speak the language.

not every nigerian brother is telling the truth back in his motherland how hard he has to struggle to make a living.most are ashamed of the way they live here.

I would not believe all you read here in this forum about the DREAMLAND, you will wake up and see the mess you are in when you wake up !
Re: Nigerians Living The Dream Life Abroad by zebudaya(m): 5:03am On Sep 07, 2006
German Lady The west is way better than where we come from, and the way you are talking about germans and their racism. I dont think i would be going there anytime soon, i guess i would spend my money in spain, Italy or France
Re: Nigerians Living The Dream Life Abroad by GermanLady(f): 9:59am On Sep 07, 2006
zebudaya:

German Lady The west is way better than where we come from, and the way you are talking about germans and their racism. I don't think i would be going there anytime soon, i guess i would spend my money in spain, Italy or France

I can only talk about germany since I live here ,but let me assure you it is not different in italy spain (just look at the new right now) or france,from what I know and read and see on tv.

I think a good place to be for nigerian people (in europe) is the uk,since you talk english and the language would be no barrier like in other non english speaking countries.

in the uk you can really spend your money,because the cost of living there is way higher than here .
Re: Nigerians Living The Dream Life Abroad by iice(f): 1:43pm On Sep 07, 2006
I think France is pretty good too, i mean if you can overcome the language then you are set.
Re: Nigerians Living The Dream Life Abroad by zebudaya(m): 3:06pm On Sep 07, 2006
But Italy and spain have seen black people for centuries way before America saw them. why are they still racist?
Re: Nigerians Living The Dream Life Abroad by iice(f): 3:09pm On Sep 07, 2006
Goshhh i dont even know, i had this friend who was like born and bred in the UK he went on vacation to Spain, to say he was shocked was an understatement. He vowed never to go there again lol.
Re: Nigerians Living The Dream Life Abroad by dblock(m): 6:03pm On Oct 07, 2006
Abroad is the best place there are limos as long as stadiums, there are buildings that reach up to the sky and most of all not only is there stable electicity there is plus electicity, so when there is an outage it's taken care of by the magic of excess before you even sense it, and there are jobs everywhere it's heaven on earth, those of you in naija that can afford to come, come and stay, those of you who can't you must swim because it's worth it.

Just look at this scrape sky building and there are millions more of these all over oyibo land.

Re: Nigerians Living The Dream Life Abroad by nalijah07(f): 4:43pm On Jul 11, 2008
@ Ndipe - This is an old thread, but I am captivated by the essence of your statement. You really hit the nail on the head!!!

, and I am an American,
Re: Nigerians Living The Dream Life Abroad by ayomifull(f): 7:49pm On Jul 11, 2008
Those at home simply dont want to hear this, they'll tell you if you are there and surviving they will also survive. They are ready to travel to the west even without visa, they just want to get in. I hope people will begin to see how important it is to be legal here and that its not just that easy. I met a guy recently who was lamenting and regretting disposing off his properties and resigning from his job just to get here and just while we were talking about it his friend called and said at all cost he should just assist him to get in, this is somebody who is still regretting his action and they will not believe him.
Re: Nigerians Living The Dream Life Abroad by ayomifull(f): 7:59pm On Jul 11, 2008
Its suprising that up till now people still dont understand this 'living abroad' thing. The last time i was at home, i lost my luggage and had to go back to check at Airfrance office, there was this gentle guy who was sitting majestically on his table with computer and phone in front of him and was talking to someone on the phone to help him tell someone to get him a drink. This guy said to me 'aunty they said that Dublin is the in thing now' and that he wants to just go and leave there at all cost, i look at him and took my time to explain to him how it works, at the end of my sermon i realised i only wasted my time as this guy told me he doesnt mind whatever the situation will be.
Re: Nigerians Living The Dream Life Abroad by nalijah07(f): 3:28pm On Jul 14, 2008
@ayomifull - Do you think that is a testament to how bad things are in Nigeria - that many are willing to get out regardless of the outcome?
Re: Nigerians Living The Dream Life Abroad by ty4real(m): 7:56pm On Jul 14, 2008
ayomifull:

Its suprising that up till now people still don't understand this 'living abroad' thing. The last time i was at home, i lost my luggage and had to go back to check at Airfrance office, there was this gentle guy who was sitting majestically on his table with computer and phone in front of him and was talking to someone on the phone to help him tell someone to get him a drink. This guy said to me 'aunty they said that Dublin is the in thing now' and that he wants to just go and leave there at all cost, i look at him and took my time to explain to him how it works, at the end of my sermon i realised i only wasted my time as this guy told me he doesnt mind whatever the situation will be.

That was very funny!I have learnt not to discourage people from coming here since I came in myself,Rather I encourage them to come but they should just make sure they come in legally grin grin
Re: Nigerians Living The Dream Life Abroad by Bossman(m): 11:02pm On Jul 15, 2008
That is definitely one of the reasons. While you will see people that are making it and living well in Nigeria, a very large majority are not.

nalijah07:

@ayomifull - Do you think that is a testament to how bad things are in Nigeria - that many are willing to get out regardless of the outcome?
Re: Nigerians Living The Dream Life Abroad by ayinba1(f): 3:24pm On Jul 16, 2008
It is still good to leave the country. Not that you will/will not become a millionaire but my dear "YOU GO Learn"

But do not sell off all your belongings, trust me, you need back up all the time
Re: Nigerians Living The Dream Life Abroad by fayahsoul: 5:27pm On Jan 14, 2009
hahaha see them, a bunch of white washed negros who call slaving for the almighty dollar "living the dream."

You africants worship the dollar not "God". You want to live like the white devil at all cost, even getting f**ked in the ass and jerked around by your superordinates at your various places of work. How pathetic.

Do you low lives live for the dollar? for a fancy mobile toy(what you call a car)? for a house that keeps you enslaved and owned by these mortgage companies? is that living the dream? What exactly is the purpose of life?

You just love the uncultured, savage and consumer lifestyle of these white devils.

You run to babylon(west) at all cost and partake in their iniquity and afflunce that were all derived through the beastly exploits of so-called third world countries(including that criminal private corporate entity you idiots call your country). While you are stuck on stupid and enjoying your depressing lives in the fantasy of modernism and its attendant ecocide and human devolution, be also ready to partake in the curse of inevitable and eventual destruction.

You all must learn the hard way.

Amadioha nonso.
Re: Nigerians Living The Dream Life Abroad by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jan 14, 2009
@ fayaysoul

Why the abuse now?
Re: Nigerians Living The Dream Life Abroad by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jan 14, 2009
Soon imma get to yankee and start leaving my own American dream. It won't pass this year. Yall peeps should watch out and see.
Re: Nigerians Living The Dream Life Abroad by DaPhoenix(f): 8:49pm On Jan 16, 2009
Interesting.
Re: Nigerians Living The Dream Life Abroad by meetyommy: 10:57am On Feb 13, 2009
i am sure the UK and the US arent only the cool places you can live your dream, Norway,Belize,Finland amongst others are great places you can work and live at if you are quite disciplined, i d even prefer Norway to the US/UK, try visiting if you doubt and am sure a visit will convince you
The organisation is superb in Norway most especially!
Re: Nigerians Living The Dream Life Abroad by sigo10: 5:02pm On Feb 14, 2009
we should face reality there is know place like home no matter your dream or what ever you called it, obodo oyinbo na way of modern slave trade using most of our people for slavering act and u are still there happy ,shame on you,here in nigeria if you have a concept you will find your way out i swear ,but most of you believe in USA,UK lead you to forget what you supposed to think as a mentor

you people should stay there go against each other not think of what you can do when u late 50th as a rest of mind in life ,stay there be working for other head and looking for dream ,if you see many of nigeria biggest guys now ,go to abroad as an enterpreurship dont let me talk ,i safe my comment about that na deal ,and you are there for 16 yrs 20 yrs wasting ur life time. talking about dream ,useless people ,obod oyinbo dey use and u are still smilling

there many things is going on nigeria sit down there dey figth for dream ,lagos is improving make u stay there make u know come back

there are many concept and way u can make your dream from american and come back home to invest ,dont sleep dey go, be smart and sharp,dont be useless as a slave trade

think what you can do and come back to your country and be part of the biggest guy clubs and discuss about investment and improvement

there is no dream like your motherland dream ,where you will see your fellow nigerians discuss and happy together

a word is enough for the wise

i love u all
Re: Nigerians Living The Dream Life Abroad by osasoj(f): 8:48am On Oct 19, 2010
hummmmm, to fully live the Dream is to have your love ones near you. Invite your family over for a visit regardless of where you are based Abroad and their VISA and hotel will be taken care of. Contact: fluffy2gorge@yahoo.com or send a text to 08181199607 saying YES, State and Country,then call.
Re: Nigerians Living The Dream Life Abroad by Mmkgroup5(f): 10:15pm On May 29, 2018
Story for the osun. my brother’s friend travelled to Germany and he made it. Naija youths are lazy they don’t wanna experience failure nothing comes easy
fayahsoul:
hahaha see them, a bunch of white washed negros who call slaving for the almighty dollar "living the dream."

You africants worship the dollar not "God". You want to live like the white devil at all cost, even getting f**ked in the ass and jerked around by your superordinates at your various places of work. How pathetic.

Do you low lives live for the dollar? for a fancy mobile toy(what you call a car)? for a house that keeps you enslaved and owned by these mortgage companies? is that living the dream? What exactly is the purpose of life?

You just love the uncultured, savage and consumer lifestyle of these white devils.

You run to babylon(west) at all cost and partake in their iniquity and afflunce that were all derived through the beastly exploits of so-called third world countries(including that criminal private corporate entity you idiots call your country). While you are stuck on stupid and enjoying your depressing lives in the fantasy of modernism and its attendant ecocide and human devolution, be also ready to partake in the curse of inevitable and eventual destruction.

You all must learn the hard way.

Amadioha nonso.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Omicron COVID: Indonesia Bans Arrivals From Nigeria, 7 Others As Variant Spreads / PHOTOS: Trailer Falls In Ajegunle, Lagos / NRC Employees Lured Us To Board Train Without Tickets - Daramola Adenike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.