Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:29 AM

I Go To Beer Parlours Every Friday – Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Go To Beer Parlours Every Friday – Fayose (2667 Views)

I Go To Beer Parlours Every Friday – Ayo Fayose Reveals / I Go To Beer Parlour Every Friday – Fayose / I Go To Beer Parlours Every Friday – Ekiti State Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Go To Beer Parlours Every Friday – Fayose by teamup: 7:59pm On Oct 30, 2014
Governor of Ekiti State, Mr. Ayodele Fayose, has said he goes to beer parlour every Friday in order to
enable him to get close to the common man in the state.
The governor spoke with journalists in Abuja on Thursday while defending the concept of what he
described as “stomach infrastructure” introduced by his government.
He said it would be wrong to assume that stomach infrastructure means only sharing of food and money
to the people.
Fayose defended his decision to go to beer parlours, saying that it would be wrong to equate governance
with church or morality.
He said, “I also go to beer parlour on Friday to stay with the common men there. Governance is not
church; it is about diverse characters and you must relate with them as such.
“Christmas is coming. Why do people go out of their ways to be shopping or doing other things if it is not
just to make people merry?
“So, I’m grooming chicken, buying rice, yams, plantain, and the rest of them. I am sure if I give it to
families during the festive period, they will be happy. So, stomach infrastructure is a way of life.”
Fayose said most people, who commit crime do so because they felt that life was no longer worthy of
living for them and that there was no one to tell them that there was life for them.
He said it was because of this that he set up a department for stomach infrastructure and also appointed
a special assistant and a personal assistant on it.
“So, my style without apology is that stomach infrastructure is a way of life for me, I will relate well with
my people to alleviate poverty and hunger,” he added.
Re: I Go To Beer Parlours Every Friday – Fayose by teamup: 7:59pm On Oct 30, 2014
Re: I Go To Beer Parlours Every Friday – Fayose by Nobody: 8:01pm On Oct 30, 2014
Stomach Infrastructure is welcomed. No one can survive with empty stomach. Man must wack.

8 Likes

Re: I Go To Beer Parlours Every Friday – Fayose by Trut(m): 8:05pm On Oct 30, 2014
Fayose go on, Man must wack jare

4 Likes

Re: I Go To Beer Parlours Every Friday – Fayose by mistudreh(m): 8:06pm On Oct 30, 2014
Kudos Mr. Governor.... Nevertheless, the real Infrastructure should be put in place as well.

2 Likes

Re: I Go To Beer Parlours Every Friday – Fayose by redsun(m): 8:14pm On Oct 30, 2014
What a terrible place for a governor to meet the people. Instead of discouraging alcohol, he seem to promote it by religiously patronising it. Does these muderfuckers think at all?

6 Likes

Re: I Go To Beer Parlours Every Friday – Fayose by oduastates: 8:31pm On Oct 30, 2014
Pathetic.
Anyone who has made any close observation of this fella knows that he is not only a thug,but also surrounds himself with like-minded fellows. He goes to beer parlours to cavort with his fellow thugs( the NURTW type). He has already started throwing gravel all over the place with camera in tow.

4 Likes

Re: I Go To Beer Parlours Every Friday – Fayose by ayukdaboss(m): 8:33pm On Oct 30, 2014
All "common men" are not found in the Beer Parlor. Senseless propaganda.

1 Like

Re: I Go To Beer Parlours Every Friday – Fayose by Yustash001(m): 8:34pm On Oct 30, 2014
This guy is badoo.....

1 Like

Re: I Go To Beer Parlours Every Friday – Fayose by Nobody: 9:04pm On Oct 30, 2014
Correct man wey sabi wetin dey. Beer parlours are the 'kitchens' where public opinion and public perceptions are prepared and dished out. The views expressed/exchanged in beer parlours have a way of filtering out into mainstream society and taking root in the subconscious of millions of people.

A governor who visits beer parlours periodically will definitely feel the pulse of the streets and establish his popularity with the moulders of public opinion. . .i.e. the guys who discuss 'issues' and spread stories over bottles of cold beer. grin

Meanwhile, I dey visit Ado Ekiti next month. Make una recommend the most 'happening' beer parlour for me.

10 Likes

Re: I Go To Beer Parlours Every Friday – Fayose by Dsage1: 9:13pm On Oct 30, 2014
Please don't blame Fayose, blame it on Poverty and illiteracy.

Ekiti people are extremely hungry, hence the need for stomach infrastructure.

5 Likes

Re: I Go To Beer Parlours Every Friday – Fayose by Dsage1: 9:16pm On Oct 30, 2014
ayukdaboss:
All "common men" are not found in the Beer Parlor. Senseless propaganda.

Where can they be found?

4 Likes

Re: I Go To Beer Parlours Every Friday – Fayose by ayukdaboss(m): 9:26pm On Oct 30, 2014
Dsage1:

Where can they be found?
Good question.

1 Like

Re: I Go To Beer Parlours Every Friday – Fayose by Nobody: 9:38pm On Oct 30, 2014
9ja! grin our politicians get mouth sha. Dude goes to beer parlour to drink himself to stupor. So much for relating with "common man"

#TGIF cheesy cheesy
Re: I Go To Beer Parlours Every Friday – Fayose by asandigbo(f): 10:02pm On Oct 30, 2014
so much for d drunken governor

3 Likes

Re: I Go To Beer Parlours Every Friday – Fayose by khattab02: 10:13pm On Oct 30, 2014
Hmm... Be like say this guy real get the people for him heart? But beer parlour? Mba nu nu..

I hope say as you dey go there u no dey follow them shayo or take sheekpe?
Re: I Go To Beer Parlours Every Friday – Fayose by ba7man(m): 10:19pm On Oct 30, 2014
This Fayose should shut up for once and get busy.

I never heard of Obiano till he became Governor and he's already up and running in little time.........Fayose is still rolling on floors and talking trash meant for drunks and illiterates.

4 Likes

Re: I Go To Beer Parlours Every Friday – Fayose by atlwireles: 10:20pm On Oct 30, 2014
For all those complaining about fayose, expect politicians seeking office in 2015, to visit several beer palours in their area, eat in roadside bukas, travel around with Okada or keke and finally buy akara/corn from the roadside sellers.

Fayose has redefined Nigerian politics. It is real. grin

2 Likes

Re: I Go To Beer Parlours Every Friday – Fayose by chinwike2(m): 10:49pm On Oct 30, 2014
Even the hardest whitin the war-chest of APC lines know that Governor fayose is connected with his people. I think there is another leader abroad that does same like fayose by disguising himself to listen to street gossip about him. Fashola should keep his "stomach infrastructure article" at hand & read it to his small elite community at govt house because he is lucky not to have a fayose in lagos that would make him jittery like in last ekiti election and push out his co-travellers before he drops his pen
Re: I Go To Beer Parlours Every Friday – Fayose by denedene(m): 11:01pm On Oct 30, 2014
nice if he cn kip it up.... did my youth corp in ikole ekiti, it will be a welcome development to d pple
Re: I Go To Beer Parlours Every Friday – Fayose by Nobody: 11:10pm On Oct 30, 2014
he should first put ekiti in place bfor going to beer palours angry stupidd man.

1 Like

Re: I Go To Beer Parlours Every Friday – Fayose by puffpuff: 11:13pm On Oct 30, 2014
It would have been better if this guy stop talking to the press personally but allow his aides, who are professionals and tactical speak for him.

He sounds too stupid, undiplomatic and nasty most times. His direct speech belittled his office and capacity.

3 Likes

Re: I Go To Beer Parlours Every Friday – Fayose by Bigcake: 11:19pm On Oct 30, 2014
redsun:
What a terrible place for a governor to meet the people. Instead of discouraging alcohol, he seem to promote it by religiously patronising it. Does these muderfuckers think at all?
Fvck your dull brain.
Re: I Go To Beer Parlours Every Friday – Fayose by Nobody: 11:33pm On Oct 30, 2014
redsun:
Itz u dat doesn't think... If he doesn't relate ur kind will say he's proud nw he's relating u still get headache... pastors no dey visit beer parlour to preach. . According to ur low thinking faculty pastors must be motherfuckers den.. ND if proper research is carried out u will among hailing Tinubu
Re: I Go To Beer Parlours Every Friday – Fayose by ba7man(m): 11:44pm On Oct 30, 2014
"Give a man fish and you feed him for a day.

Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life".

Instead of talking about vocational training institutes to be introduced, he's talking about sharing yam and rice.

Seriously there is no wisdom behind "Stomach infrastructure".

2 Likes

Re: I Go To Beer Parlours Every Friday – Fayose by Nobody: 11:58pm On Oct 30, 2014
puffpuff:
It would have been better if this guy stop talking to the press personally but allow his aides, who are professionals and tactical speak for him.

He sounds too stupid, undiplomatic and nasty most times. His direct speech belittled his office and capacity.
U get problem... His aides come ur syd to complain?...Abi hw will fayose making use of his aide put food on ur table.. I know say when u open dis thread no be wetin u expect u find.. Yet na must for u to see fault.. #FaultFinders... Amaechi no dey use him aides u don go do meeting with him make him dey use dem
Re: I Go To Beer Parlours Every Friday – Fayose by Nobody: 12:05am On Oct 31, 2014
ba7man:
"Give a man fish and you feed him for a day.

Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life".

Instead of talking about vocational training institutes to be introduced, he's talking about sharing yam and rice.

Seriously there is no wisdom behind "Stomach infrastructure".
So before dem do vocational courses na Air dem go dey chop... Abi na d day he wan establish vocational institutions na d same day the program go start.. U people would just open mouth and shut it.. Hw many vocational institutions did d English speaking gov of yesterday established... Upon d fact that this man met debts on ground he is still doing his best yet ur mouth won rest
Re: I Go To Beer Parlours Every Friday – Fayose by ba7man(m): 12:12am On Oct 31, 2014
hizroyalflynes:

So before dem do vocational courses na Air dem go dey chop... Abi na d day he wan establish vocational institutions na d same day the program go start.. U people would just open mouth and shut it.. Hw many vocational institutions did d English speaking gov of yesterday established... Upon d fact that this man met debts on ground he is still doing his best yet ur mouth won rest
Get off my mentions fast. I don't exchange words with your likes.

3 Likes

Re: I Go To Beer Parlours Every Friday – Fayose by Rexnegro(m): 1:06am On Oct 31, 2014
Hmmm I swear people of ekiti my people are in trouble...they have made the wrong choice already hence they should deal with the consequences...criminal of the highest order nahim be fayose... Beer parlour ? Continue o !!! In this order anambra, ekiti n Osun ...anambra gov got busy after election victory, Osun continued his good work after election, ekiti is busy talking , finding flaws in fayemi good works. I wish the court find him ineligible n kick his azzz away from that govt house...I kip saying ekiti don't need fayose again.

2 Likes

Re: I Go To Beer Parlours Every Friday – Fayose by PaulJohn1: 3:25am On Oct 31, 2014
Some people just shy away from the truth by giving excuses for this guy's(Fayoshe) very unreasonable and uncultured acts, describing it as a way of get close to commoners.

I doubt if any of us supporting this governor's visit to beer parlors would encourage our kids at home to visit beer parlor(even if we do visit ourselves), because we understand the harm it can cause them.
Is beer parlor the best place to meet reasonable and productive commoners in the society?

There are politicians who are also close to the people, but they don't go about it in an unreasonable way of visiting beer parlors, eating corn on the street, or riding okada.
People like Ladoja and Aregbesola.
Like or hate them, they are very reasonable street politicians and are supper close to their people.

They visit people in their places of worship are town halls to give words of encouragement, they let them know the necessity of being a good and law abiding citizens. They follow traffic rules and don't blare sirens to clear the way in hold-ups.
They organize weekly or monthly gathering with people from different parts of the state to hear them out, concerning issues bothering them and provide solutions to them.
They join the people on the street for physical exercise and body fitness on weekends and many more...

What word of encouragement or assistance can the governor have/render to drunkards in bear parlours?

Enough said jare.

Good luck to my people of Ekiti.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Go To Beer Parlours Every Friday – Fayose by puffpuff: 4:17am On Oct 31, 2014
hizroyalflynes:

U get problem... His aides come ur syd to complain?...Abi hw will fayose making use of his aide put food on ur table.. I know say when u open dis thread no be wetin u expect u find.. Yet na must for u to see fault.. #FaultFinders... Amaechi no dey use him aides u don go do meeting with him make him dey use dem

Your inability to read between d lines indicates how low your IQ is. Hence, I won't join issue with u.

1 Like

Re: I Go To Beer Parlours Every Friday – Fayose by iamrealdeji(m): 5:24am On Oct 31, 2014
This man is coming back to government with weirdness,he probably buried himself in his personal library reading all sort of strange books,i've noticed he wants his system of governance to totally stand out,i feel him though

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jigawa Defecting To APC / Igbo People And The Agitation For Biafra. / How To Explain Dasuki's $2bn Scam To Governor Fayose!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.