Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,414 members, 7,830,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

I Go To Beer Parlours Every Friday – Ekiti State Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Go To Beer Parlours Every Friday – Ekiti State Governor (994 Views)

Fayose Vs Buhari; Ekiti State Governor Takes Another Shot At GMB / I Go To Beer Parlours Every Friday – Ayo Fayose Reveals / I Go To Beer Parlours Every Friday – Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Go To Beer Parlours Every Friday – Ekiti State Governor by drsolob2(m): 7:49am On Oct 31, 2014
Governor of Ekiti State, Mr. Ayodele Fayose,
has said he goes to beer parlour every
Friday in order to enable him to get close to
the common man in the state.
The governor spoke with journalists in
Abuja on Thursday while defending the
concept of what he described as “stomach
infrastructure” introduced by his
government.
He said it would be wrong to assume that
stomach infrastructure means only sharing
of food and money to the people.
Fayose defended his decision to go to beer
parlours, saying that it would be wrong to
equate governance with church or morality.
He said, “I also go to beer parlour on Friday
to stay with the common men there.
Governance is not church; it is about
diverse characters and you must relate with
them as such.
“Christmas is coming. Why do people go out
of their ways to be shopping or doing other
things if it is not just to make people
merry?
“So, I’m grooming chicken, buying rice,
yams, plantain, and the rest of them. I am
sure if I give it to families during the festive
period, they will be happy. So, stomach
infrastructure is a way of life.”
Fayose said most people, who commit crime
do so because they felt that life was no
longer worthy of living for them and that
there was no one to tell them that there
was life for them.
He said it was because of this that he set up
a department for stomach infrastructure
and also appointed a special assistant and a
personal assistant on it.
“So, my style without apology is that
stomach infrastructure is a way of life for
me, I will relate well with my people to
alleviate poverty and hunger,” he added.
www.punchng.com/news/i-go-to-beer-parlours-every-friday-fayose/
Re: I Go To Beer Parlours Every Friday – Ekiti State Governor by coldsummer: 7:52am On Oct 31, 2014
[size=15pt]So commoners are only in the beer parlour.

You go to indulge yourself and you are making yourself look good by saying rubbish.

How many of the commoners are allowed access into your house?
[/size]
Re: I Go To Beer Parlours Every Friday – Ekiti State Governor by drsolob2(m): 7:52am On Oct 31, 2014
Wow this is interesting
Re: I Go To Beer Parlours Every Friday – Ekiti State Governor by leonard509(m): 7:53am On Oct 31, 2014
Jic
Re: I Go To Beer Parlours Every Friday – Ekiti State Governor by tomsniel(m): 7:57am On Oct 31, 2014
Ekitis... U voted for this ?
Re: I Go To Beer Parlours Every Friday – Ekiti State Governor by ibkgab001: 8:11am On Oct 31, 2014
This Fayose sha ... Anyway he like cold beer and fresh ponmon
Re: I Go To Beer Parlours Every Friday – Ekiti State Governor by davdandam(m): 8:33am On Oct 31, 2014
Nigerians, condemning people's actions since 1960....politicians wey go churches and mosques don do anything spectacular? Abegi free fayose jo, who no know say drunk men dey talk truth.
Re: I Go To Beer Parlours Every Friday – Ekiti State Governor by Texykool: 8:48am On Oct 31, 2014
Remind Nigerians that you also visit courts to slap judges once in a while...

Ekiti people... Sorry ehn cheesy
Re: I Go To Beer Parlours Every Friday – Ekiti State Governor by sholasys: 9:13am On Oct 31, 2014
stomach infrastructure is still part of governance most especially where poverty prevails. It's a welfare package.
There are countries were their citizens goes to the gov. to collect money due to unemployment, other social packages

(1) (Reply)

Funny Reasons Why You Should Vote For Jonathan / Protesters Storm Lagos INEC Office Over Voter’s Cards [see Photo] / Tambuwal To Pick Up APC Presidential Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.