Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,844 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:52 AM

Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. (34460 Views)

Cashew Nuts Price Update! / Looking For Exporter To Supply 200MT Of Raw Cashew Nuts / Large Quantity Of Cashew Nuts For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by Henrychris(m): 6:36pm On Sep 15, 2017
smiley
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by Henrychris(m): 6:39pm On Sep 15, 2017
smiley
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by Henrychris(m): 5:27pm On Sep 18, 2017
###
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by stardeejay2: 9:58am On Sep 23, 2017
good day house. please I need about 5tonnes of W240 processed cashew nuts for export. the price I got from Olam is 6k/kg which is on the side. higher than the market price of the country I m sending it.
please does anyone have an idea of where I can get it?
08039401211 is my number/WhatsApp
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by lomzy1(m): 9:24am On Sep 24, 2017
stardeejay2:
good day house. please I need about 5tonnes of W240 processed cashew nuts for export. the price I got from Olam is 6k/kg which is on the side. higher than the market price of the country I m sending it.
please does anyone have an idea of where I can get it?
08039401211 is my number/WhatsApp
I strongly suggest that you concentrate on raw cashew trading. it Is almost impossible to export processed cashew nut from Nigeria as a trader except you have your own processing factory.
those foreign buyers are only looking for cheap price which they know it is not workable. OLAM price is uniform globally. it is the same price OLAM in Singapore,, cote d'ivoire, dubai or anywhere else will quote for you.
stop wasting your time and energy on processed cashew nuts for export purpose. there are other agro commodities you can trade successfully in Nigeria. just look around you....the wealth Is in the bush.

1 Like

Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by stardeejay2: 11:09pm On Sep 24, 2017
would be glad if you can Link me up with other areas that I can look into.
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by lomzy1(m): 11:35am On Sep 29, 2017
I have just come out with this new book on cashew nuts trading...
It is very detailed and comprehensive. With a lot of technical inputs, logistics And analysis.
PRICE: #4000 (FOUR THOUSAND NAIRA ONLY)
Discount will be given to those who have purchased my book "A COMPREHENSIVE
TEXTBOOK ON CASHEW NUTS TRADING"
https://www.nairaland.com/1090563/comprehensive-textbook-cashew-nuts-trading..now
You can also read some of my posts on cashew nuts trading here:
https://www.nairaland.com/883892/free-report-cashew-nuts-biz
https://www.nairaland.com/1975363/cashew-nuts-trading-what-need
Please see the contents of the book:
1. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY AND BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2. BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY
3. THE PROJECT
4. RESEARCH AND FEASIBILITY STUDY
5. DEMAND AND SUPPLY
6. SUPPLY CHAIN
7. QUALITY
8. RISK
9. PRODUCT LOCATION AND DISTRIBUTION / SOURCES
10. CUSTOMER PROFILE
11. PRIMARY COMPETITION
12. RISK IDENTIFICATION AND MITIGATION STRATEGY.
13. CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTOR
14. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
15. PROFIT ANALYSIS AND QUOTATION FOR LOCAL SUPPLY OF RAW CASHEW NUTS.
16. QUOTATION FOR EXPORT OF 30 METRIC TONS OF RAW CASHEW NUTS FROM
OGBOMOSHO TO INDIA. VIZAG PORT.
PROFIT ANALYSIS
LENGTH OF TRANSACTION.
17. HOW TO DETERMINE THE QUALITY.
18. THE BASIC REQUIREMENTS FOR EXPORTING CASHEW NUTS.
19. DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR EXPORT.
20. LOAN REQUIREMENT AND RE PAYMENT PLAN.
21. SWOT ANALYSIS.
07064821943 (whatsapp) .
Email : cashewguru1@gmail.com
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by lomzy1(m): 1:12pm On Sep 30, 2017
Ebooks on cashew nuts trading are available.. 07064821943 08023881557
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by lomzy1(m): 11:56am On Oct 01, 2017
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by lomzy1(m): 2:35pm On Oct 03, 2017
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by ifegbo1(m): 10:10pm On Oct 03, 2017
At Egbogu ventures,we take pride in being regarded as one of the most reliable source of,Bitter cola,garri,Yam,Vegetables,Ogbono,Cola-nut, Cashew nuts,Ginger,Garlic,palm oil,palm kanel,palm shell,Cocoa Beans etc producers and exporters in Nigeria. We have been in produc
tion and service,Busines,aim to provide our clients with quality service.We are always available any time, any where at your comfort,demands,we deliver.call 07064586430
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by Henrychris(m): 9:37am On Oct 10, 2017
grin
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by lomzy1(m): 7:07am On Oct 17, 2017
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by lomzy1(m): 1:14pm On Oct 24, 2017
Can u supply sesame seed to kano? Pls call 07064821943 if u can
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by lomzy1(m): 8:22pm On Oct 29, 2017
Sesame seed is needed in kano. Pls call 07064821943 if u can supply.......
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by lomzy1(m): 7:15pm On Oct 30, 2017
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by lomzy1(m): 10:15am On Nov 01, 2017
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by lomzy1(m): 7:01am On Nov 03, 2017
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by lomzy1(m): 10:08am On Nov 06, 2017
We need sesame seed in kano. 08023881557
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by lomzy1(m): 8:18am On Nov 13, 2017
CHECK OUT MY EBOOK ON CASHEW :

1. A COMPREHENSIVE TEXTBOOK ON CASHEW NUTS TRADING = #2500 (TWO THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED NAIRA ONLY)

2. BUSINESS PLAN AND PROPOSAL ON CASHEW NUTS TRADING FOR LOCAL TRADERS, IMPORTERS & EXPORTERS = #4000 (FOUR THOUSAND NAIRA ONLY)
CALL 07064821943
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by lomzy1(m): 10:06am On Nov 18, 2017
Call 07064821943 for ebooks on cashew nut trading
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by lomzy1(m): 7:06pm On Nov 21, 2017
2018 cashew season... Loading
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by lomzy1(m): 8:35am On Nov 25, 2017
Get ready for 2018 cashew season.
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by EngrAdysa: 9:23pm On Jan 13, 2018
wat is the current price of jute bag, and how many paint bucket of cashew nut makes a bag
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by grabben: 3:40pm On Jan 17, 2018
lomzy1:
CASHEW NUTS TRADING.. WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW.

CASHEW NUT is an agro export crop. Though active to South America, it is cultivated in some parts of West, Middlebelt and Eastern Nigeria. Areas like Ogbomosho, Ilorin, Oyo, Anyigba, Enugu, Lafia, Keffi etc.
The cashew nut tree is mostly cultivated for its nuts: the raw cashew nut is gray in color with about 3mm thick shell, inside this shell is the edible kernel covered by a light brown skin. It is either exported as raw cashew nut, i.e. in-shell or as processed cashew nut kernel in special packaging.
Most raw cashew nut is exported to India and
Vietnam while the processed cashew kernel is
exported to Europe and America being the largest consumer in the world.
The crop season in Nigeria is from February - May. But trading is usually all year round, some traders usually store the raw cashew nuts and sell when it is out of season and scarce.

HANDLING.
A raw cashew nut that looks good on the outside may have bad kernel inside. The yield of the kernels, percentage of defective, average size of the nuts and moisture content are used to determine the quality of the nuts, which usually determines the price a buyer may offer for any raw cashew nut.
Hence effort should be made to improve or
conserve the expected good quality derived from proper handling.

THE FOLLOWING GOOD PRACTISE CAN HELP TO IMPROVE QUALITY OF CASHEW NUTS.

Do not harvest or pluck unripe cashew nuts because the kernel may be shriveled or immature. Hence, only mature and ripe cashew nuts should be harvested and this be done daily.

Do not let the nuts remain on the ground for more than a day before gathering to avoid long contact with soil moisture, sprouting and deterioration e.g. decay.

Sundry the harvested nuts as soon as possible for two or three days depending on the intensity of the sun.

Sundry on a clean surface and should be lightly spread (not higher than 3 inches) and turned regularly to allow uniform dryness.

Do not expose dry cashew nuts to moisture. This is a major requirement for agricultural commodities.

Use only jute bags to bag raw cashew nuts.
Do not heap it un-bagged or in plastic containers to avoid deterioration especially if not properly dried.

Do not bag it in poly-propylene bags.

QUALITY STANDARD.
Cashew nuts meant for export must be thoroughly dry and reasonably free from extraneous matter such as sticks, stalks and other vegetable matter other than cashew nuts. It must also be free from stones.

Total impurities (stones, sticks, stalks and other
vegetable matter) shall not exceed 0.5% of 1kg
sample analyzed.
NUT COUNTS:
170 – 180 ……………….. EXCELLENT
181 – 190 ……………….. VERY GOOD
191 – 200 ……………….. GOOD
201 – 210 ……………….. MIDDLE
211 – 220 ………………. LOW MIDDLE
221 – 230 ………………. LIMIT ACCEPTABLE
ABOVE 230 ………………. POOR.
Note: 170 – 210 nut count is usually the benchmark for exporting raw cashew nuts. But some importers may not be willing to buy RCN that is above 200 nut counts.
In Nigeria, the nut count per 1kg sample varies from zone to zone. While zones like Ogbomosho has between 170 and 180/185, kogi – 190 to 205/210, ondo – 190 to 205/210, Ilorin – 190 to 205, lafia/keffi
– 200 to 210, etc.

MOISTURE.
Exportable quality shall not be more than 10%. You have to make sure the raw cashew nuts are properly sundried and the moisture content must be properly analyzed.

KERNEL OUT-TURN RATION (KOR)
It is the quality of good nut we get from 80kg of raw cashew nuts. The count is in pound per 80kg.
KOR REMARK
48 – 55 EXCELLENT
45 – 47 GOOD
40 – 44 AVERAGE
BELOW 40 LOW/POOR

DEFECTIVES
Diseased or mouldy – shall include all nuts which when cut reveal the presence of fungi growth or a milky patch or a spread of brown or black spot on the split kernel. This is often caused by high moisture for several days prior to proper dryings, wrong packing and
improper storage.

BROWN RANCID ROTTEN (BRR) – shall include all brown, rancid, rotten and discolored kernels which are light yellowish in color. This is caused by similar factors listed above.

VOID – these are nuts which show absence of
kernel, emptiness or absence of a kernel of useful size. This is probably caused by natural
malformation.

IMMATURE/SHRIVELED – shall include all nuts which when cut contain space between the kernel and the shell, shrink or contain kernel that is not fully developed. This is caused by harvesting immature nuts.

SPOTTED – shall include all nuts which show the presence of a black or brown spot on the kernel.
This is caused by insect bite at the early stages of the development of the nuts.

INSECT DAMAGE (WEEVILLED) – shall include all cashew nuts which when cut show a state of insect attack or weevilled or presence of bead-like or powdery particles. Poor storage condition is responsible for this.

CHECK TEST FOR QUALITY
Carrying out a quality check test on cashew nuts like every other agricultural export produce begins with proper sampling. Samples shall be drawn from not less than 30% of consignment, sample shall be
properly mixed, reduced and from which 1kg
sample is drawn for analysis which include
moisture, nut count, defectives and finally KOR.

QUALITY IMPROVEMENT METHODS:
The quality of a bad cashew nut consignment can be improved by hand picking.

HAND PICKING – means picking or removing all suspected cashew nuts such as very small nuts, light weight nuts apparently rotten, broken or wounded nuts out of the consignment.

MORE TO COME... KEEP FOLLOWING.

CHECK OUT MY EBOOK ON CASHEW :

1. A COMPREHENSIVE TEXTBOOK ON CASHEW NUTS TRADING = #2500 (TWO THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED NAIRA ONLY)

2. BUSINESS PLAN AND PROPOSAL ON CASHEW NUTS TRADING FOR LOCAL TRADERS, IMPORTERS & EXPORTERS = #4000 (FOUR THOUSAND NAIRA ONLY)

CALL 07064821943 (WHATSAPP)
Have you mastered the contemporary dynamics of export trade to avoid getting defrauded by the foreign buyers of your cashew nuts? Click on the first link on my signature to know how you will go about it. Good luck!!!
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by ifegbo1(m): 9:12pm On Jan 30, 2018
EGBOGU VENTURES,RC 2544065 TIN 2110024164,we take pride in being regarded as one of the most reliable source of,Bitter cola,garri,Yam,Vegetables,Ogbono,Cola-nut,see same,Hibiscus flowers,farm machine,cashew nuts,Ginger,Garlic,palm oil,palm kanel,palm shell,Cocoa Beans,ground nuts,sea foods etc producers and exporters in Nigeria.

We have been in production and service,Business,aim to provide our clients with quality service.We are always available any time, any where at your comfort,demands,we deliver.

We have the capacity to store and supply capacity of over 15,000 Metric Tonnes of agricultural commodities, in-house technical team, experienced agronomic, quick transport / logistics company and a stand-by warehouse capacity of 100,000.

Hope hearing from you soon.

Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by kaybabs76: 9:37am On Jul 16, 2018
Pls I need datas about highest cashew communities in Kwara, Kogi, Abia, Oyo, Kaduna, Kogi, Enugu and Imo State
trying to do a research work on this.. Please Help.. Your input really matters .. Thanks
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by Peterolums(m): 7:14am On Oct 16, 2018
Hi.guys. We have cashew nut shells obtained from the processing of cashew nuts in large quantity. We can supply 300 tons per month. Can be used for boilers , and furnnces. .also CNSL oil be can be extracted from it. Which is in high demand. Please call or what's app. +2347062379874
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by kemstol(f): 3:07pm On Mar 04, 2019
100 tons of cashew available in kogi for pickup @ 300k per ton. Interested buyers can contact me on 07054890585
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by Cupidkc(m): 11:58am On Mar 26, 2019
Keenly following.
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by Ojaydee1: 12:21pm On May 31, 2019
Please I need w240 of cashew kanels. 25tones
Re: Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. by princecemo(m): 11:24pm On Oct 21, 2019
Urgent sale

I have 60MT of raw Cashew 47KOR
Sesame seed 60MT

Location is in Egypt

Please if you have any buyer in egypt or around please call my number asap

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mira Mehta To Produce Tomato Paste In Nigeria / How To Start A Fish Farming Business In Nigeria / Pictures: My Snail Farm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.