Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,445 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:44 AM

Appalling Condition Of The OOUTH Shagamu. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Appalling Condition Of The OOUTH Shagamu. (27754 Views)

Know The Condition Of Every Organ In Ur Body / Oouth Development Project / Teens Accused Of Beating Disabled Woman : How Appalling! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Appalling Condition Of The OOUTH Shagamu. by TOKUGAWA(m): 12:51pm On Oct 31, 2014
I was opportuned to visit the Olabisi Onabanjo University Teaching hospital shagamu Ogun state,o check on my mum who was about to have a Mastectomy surgery.What I saw was beyond pathetic.

I must say OOUTH is an eyesore. I would never pray my enemy visits that place. If not for the fact that the procedure can't be performed in my mum's hospital (NNPC Medical centre Mosimi shagamu). I wouldn't allow her stay a single night there. Stinking and extremely dirty.

The Nurses are very mean and unfriendly,u get to pay for everything from using of toilet and bathing. Power is never available, to use the generator the patients have to contribute money for fueling. You can queue upto 6 hours just to see a doctor.

Mosquito nets are either torn or non-existent. Over grown weeds have taken over the hospital, each block is run by a Petrol generator. Patients on admission have to beg the nurses before they can attend to them. The roofs are falling, the risks of infection is very high here.

The commissioner for health in Ogun state is the son of Wole Soyinka, I'm wondering what the governor does with the state's funds. Despite boasting of record revenue in the history of the state.

Can't imagine a whole Teaching Hospital can be this pathetic, infact I'm so embarrassed to be from Ogun state. Something has to be done, at night its flash lights galore, all the workers at the hospital owns a flash light because never expect power at night.

OOUTH is a glorified General Hospital, infact some general hospitals in Osun and Ondo state are far far better than OOUTH.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Appalling Condition Of The OOUTH Shagamu. by seangy4konji: 3:40pm On Oct 31, 2014
Make god give ur mama good health make she comot there. U never know anything?only the rich die well.

Nigeria u deh talk so?

So when people deh front page na dis page dem deh talk?first of all?make me self shout out to all d people that are making life unbearable for us in Nigeria be it health system,transportation,electricity,education,oil,natural resources,aviation and all other sectors. Your rewards will come on earth and GOd in his infinite mercies will make you pay for the suffer you have caused the average man and civilian of our beloved Nigeria.

Amen.

Shout out to all the Olonsho that has been keeping us well despite the way Nigeria has tried to turn my brain into a physcho brain. God go deh oil am for you proper. Amen.

Big up to the person weh get Naira land. As you give me avenue to wash away Sorrows wether driving. Drinking. Sitting or just idle thinking of the way forward. God go be with you and bless your thoughts and mine. Amen.

The war we fought and surviving is different from the one that we have not seen. We have seen what Jonathan can do so I will advice we see what another person can do wether good or bad. Na me rig pass for 2011 as a polling officer but you fall my hand.billions unaccounted for is a joke on my part and you duck up. Enough.

Regarding the hospital ?let me tell you this fact. If you are a civil servant and you use lux to bath instead of dettol and you slip in the bath In Nigeria and you use your head to jot a wall? You will bleed to death because there is no number to call to rescue you.

Police number?
Fire service number
Emt?
Plumbing?
Hospital ?
Water resources
Phcn?
Mtn (those once will kill us of we are not care flu due to extortion from our aged ones they send SMS to as you will be surprised how much my grand parent loose till I clear them it's a scam when they tell them to text so so to so and text cost 100 and on different portions and the old magas keep texting.
Dstv

List is endless so I pray your mum leaves there in one body and God be with every one and every nairalander.
ake I rest and love you.

With his stripes we are healed.

Ps. It is in their blood to extort you once they work in a government organization to collect money even though they announce it on tv of reforms. Devil won't just allow them to let Gods will be done and the good work of the right people be done. They will collect it. The governor won't know.if you go to uch in Ibadan here with a bicycle or okada injury?god will not let you go there. You will see them pile up asking for card while the person bleeds out. You are on your own.

To all the folks trying to justify or taking sides?i pray to Allah that you will not v a reason to visit our state hospitals as a common man or woman. Kalas.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Appalling Condition Of The OOUTH Shagamu. by helen4(f): 7:24pm On Oct 31, 2014
@op. Everthing u said is true. I was there with this severe cramp o, i got there 7.30am, so that i can be the first person to be attended to, the nurses in charge asked us to pay and get ready for consultation, after waiting for a very long time to (while i was in pain) see a gyneacologist, i was told doctors are on strikes and the consulting doctors will only attend to pregnant women. I was scheduled for 2weeks from then, imagine that they didn't care if i was dying right in front of them. The staffs are so mean. They don't value human life. So many personal cases with them there. Can't go there again.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appalling Condition Of The OOUTH Shagamu. by TOKUGAWA(m): 7:43pm On Oct 31, 2014
grin

7 Likes

Re: Appalling Condition Of The OOUTH Shagamu. by TOKUGAWA(m): 7:48pm On Oct 31, 2014

8 Likes

Re: Appalling Condition Of The OOUTH Shagamu. by dominique(f): 10:40am On Nov 01, 2014
Who are the people charging to use the facilities? The nurses, cleaners or the authorities. Ogun state should have an health board, you should report the matter to them. Wishing your mother a speedy recovery.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appalling Condition Of The OOUTH Shagamu. by Dreambeat: 12:18pm On Nov 01, 2014
@Op,I wish your mum soonest recovery.On a different note,what you saw was not peculiar to the hospital you mentioned but cuts across all the tertiary health institutions across the nation.This is what the NMA has been fighting to stem,the sorry state of our health institutions.Alas doctors were called different derogatory names.The citizens of this country have to stand up and do something fast otherwise things will get worse.

27 Likes

Re: Appalling Condition Of The OOUTH Shagamu. by holatin(m): 10:18pm On Nov 01, 2014
if all public hospital are up to standard then private hospital owners are dead.
so dat ow e don dey be and ow e go dey be.
Nigeria government with on your own agenda since 1822ad

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Appalling Condition Of The OOUTH Shagamu. by Alenkakent(m): 10:18pm On Nov 01, 2014
Don't really know what to say abt this...
The state govt is really working but this is an area that has to be payed attention to as well..
I hope this is quickly dealt with b4 it is used against the apc led administration by other party aspirants

4 Likes

Re: Appalling Condition Of The OOUTH Shagamu. by adonbilivit: 10:20pm On Nov 01, 2014
ABU zaria teaching hospital shika is the best. best believe
...you can have ur dinner in the toilet...yeah, it is that neat and kept.

13 Likes

Re: Appalling Condition Of The OOUTH Shagamu. by Dsegsam(m): 10:20pm On Nov 01, 2014
na waooooo........may God help...at op i wish mum a faster recovery..stay warm
Re: Appalling Condition Of The OOUTH Shagamu. by merieam16(f): 10:21pm On Nov 01, 2014
Amosun...whr @ thou

3 Likes

Re: Appalling Condition Of The OOUTH Shagamu. by IAMGEJ(m): 10:22pm On Nov 01, 2014
see d way people queue up dey find space shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Appalling Condition Of The OOUTH Shagamu. by Gorgeous58(f): 10:22pm On Nov 01, 2014
Its a pity
Re: Appalling Condition Of The OOUTH Shagamu. by olayincar(m): 10:22pm On Nov 01, 2014
The Lord will be with her
Re: Appalling Condition Of The OOUTH Shagamu. by lawrenceunaa: 10:25pm On Nov 01, 2014
No time to comment on the hospital conditions but wishing ur mum a quick recovery cool

2 Likes

Re: Appalling Condition Of The OOUTH Shagamu. by eaglechild: 10:25pm On Nov 01, 2014
Sofisikated and edukated. undecided

Hold your leaders responsible.

3 Likes

Re: Appalling Condition Of The OOUTH Shagamu. by Koko88(m): 10:25pm On Nov 01, 2014
Front page things. Op, wish your mom a speedy recovery. As for the state of the hospital, the authorities are well aware but they've refused to act. I hope someone someplace get to read this thread and grow a concience.

1 Like

Re: Appalling Condition Of The OOUTH Shagamu. by maylisa(f): 10:26pm On Nov 01, 2014
Wish your mom fast recovery.
Re: Appalling Condition Of The OOUTH Shagamu. by GeneralShepherd(m): 10:28pm On Nov 01, 2014
It's the normal Nigerian hospital

1 Like

Re: Appalling Condition Of The OOUTH Shagamu. by Nobody: 10:29pm On Nov 01, 2014
Never mention Wole Soyinka's son or the APC in the mess we find ourselves in. The crook called Onyebuchi Chukwu, and the crook CMD had the mandate to make the hospital world class, but instead of doing so, they stole the money! Oh i recall GEJ calls it "ordinary stealing". Just like the people of Bukina Faso burnt down their presidential villa so shall it be to Aso Rock, the Haramites and the Jonathanians, should they scuttle our bid to retake power! Do the right thing and vote them out. All the best to your mama!

-CramJones

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appalling Condition Of The OOUTH Shagamu. by shegun673(m): 10:30pm On Nov 01, 2014
K
Re: Appalling Condition Of The OOUTH Shagamu. by joedejana(m): 10:30pm On Nov 01, 2014
JUST COME TO CHINA undecided

3 Likes

Re: Appalling Condition Of The OOUTH Shagamu. by moyinoluwatobad(f): 10:30pm On Nov 01, 2014
what a piri
wishing ur mum a speedy recovery
Re: Appalling Condition Of The OOUTH Shagamu. by ichidodo: 10:30pm On Nov 01, 2014
Was there a more than a decade ago to visit its in-house cybercafe all the way from jumping Fedgo's boarding house fence at Odogbolu...it was dilapidated then,tis still dilapidated now.Some things just will never change..

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Warning Signs Of Low Blood Sugar / Monkey Pox Victim Commits Suicide In Bayelsa Hospital / Which Of These Have You Used To Clean Your Ear?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.